Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Delete Quest: Why no option?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
49
Bejewels wrote:
ellamc wrote:
I agree that there should be a delete quest option. Gama, can you PLEASE sort this out!


I also agree. It would be nice to delete certain quest that I am tired of looking at and have no desire to backtrack and do!


Tell me about it. I have like TONS of side quests that are getting in the way.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
335
The problem with a delete or "abandon" a quest in W101. is that the game was designed to 100% follow a Story line. If you skip any part of the Storyline from an abandon quest, you then can not unlock the next content you, as a wizard are entitled to do.

May I use WoW (World of Warcraft) just for an example: It has been a few years since I quit wow so, excuse me, if I may be a little rusty. I am gonna try to explain how an abandon feature works.

In WoW there are storylines, Storylines per new zone. Unlike W101 the entire game does not revolve around 1 storyline, and 1 storyline only. Ever single zone in WoW (which are quite a few) will eventuly branch off, to other Storylines, that will at one time bleed into the Main Storyline of the game persay. (see. all of the storylines per zone are basicly parts of a Main Storyline.)

WoW gives an option to abandon any quest per zone if you want to. In turn this does not affect the Entire game at any cost, because WoW does not revolve around 1 Storyline only to progress.( it revolves several) If one abandons a quest, no XP is lost, and one can go back later to pick the abandon quest or quests up at will.

This will unlock a part of the Storyline for the zone, and you can continue on your Merry way.

If W101 did add an abandon feature to the game, then I assume that the only quests you are able to abandon would be side quests only. I do agree that we should have the option to abandon any side quest. But unfortunly W101 is desinged to follow a single storyline to progress to end game content.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
8
Actually you just miss out on the experience from THAT quest or quest line, it would not de-level you later on. It would just be experience that you never got, which is easily made up. :-)

Adralia wrote:

Sure we can delete them, but going by Zekes post if you delete a quest you "fail" The assignment and loose xp to what you would have gained, scaled to level. So let say you didn't kill the evil snowmen for Mindy way back in wizard city. You are in dragonspire as a grand. You can drop it, for the cost in xp that a quest in Dragonspire would have given you. If that delvels you any spells that require that level to cast cannot be drawn and are taken out of your deck till you can cast them again.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2010
94
Well since quests are actually homework, if you delete a quest you need to be penalized somehow.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
19
Having a delete quest option would cause alot of problems so i would reccomend either you just ignore your harder quests and go back to them when you want or have a "suspend" quest option which would send it back to the person you got it from

Chase Stormsword
Grandmaster Diviner
Aedan Dawnglade
Grandmaster Theurgist

Survivor
Jan 07, 2010
6
I would like to be able to remove old side quests that I don't plan to do anymore. There should be a remove quest button so quests don't stack up so you don't have to dig through your quest log. I'm not suggesting being able to remove main quests because that could possibly lead to confusion and being lost.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2012
17
I usually have 20+ quests, and it is SO hard to keep track of them. It would be awesome to be able to rearrange my quests. Especially when I have quests in 4+ worlds, it takes such a long time to scroll through and see what I need to do while I'm there.

Explorer
Jul 29, 2009
75
Just a thought, but instead of deleting the quests what if an organization feature were added. It could separate the quest log into sections to cut down on the "clutter". It could be broken up in a couple ways, you could make it so each world in the spiral would have their own section, or you could break it down by the type of quest, such as a section for story-line quests, school quests, event quests, find the "____" quests (the zeke quests to find certain objects and creatures throughout each world), and miscellaneous quests. Would this be a feasible option?

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
35
I know this is an old thread but, as a solo player there are some quests I just can't do. As in other games where a group/raid quest pops up I just delete it and move on knowing I can't do that one. It would be nice to be able to do that in W101 too.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
43
I agree, I am only level 36 and I have almost 20 quests in my quest book. I think it would be easier
for wizards to organise if the game has a delete/remove quest button.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
29
Many people pick up side quests by accident or on purpose, but most end up not finishing them. After awhile of them stacking up, it'll be hard to find a quest that you actually want to do. Like lots of other games, I think this game should have an option to abandon the side quest and remove it from your list of quests. When someone presses the 'abandon quest' button (or however KingsIsle wants to do it), the quest should return and still be available to complete at the NPC that gives that certain quest with the "yellow exclamation mark" ready for that person to pick up again.

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
4
I was wondering if there is a way to cancel quests you don't want anymore. Thanks

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
1
Earlier while i was playing wizard101 I, had just got done with finishing krokatopia. I finally moved into marleybone and checked my journal and check what quest i have gotten. There was atleast about 15 unfinished quests i had to do in krokatopia, GrizzleHeim, Wizard City and so on and so forth. It really got on my nerves because my journal just felt soooo stuffed with quests it was horrible. I'd thought that Kingsisle had already made the solution to this by adding a Decline or, Remove quest tab in the journal but no, you have to finish them all to remove them from your quest journal. And yes i did finally finish them all after around 6 hours. not even noticing that i had unlocked marleybone because there was soo many unfinished quests. Yes it does ruin the experience for me because i really do like the main story line quests but not so much the side quests

Now please Kingsisle please do us a favour and add a Remove or, Delete option in the journal. Because i'm sure alot of people ranging from level 90-80 have still got unfinished Marleybone quests too

Sincerely - Your Beloved player: Benjamin Franklin Level 44

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
3815
Saucae on Feb 16, 2014 wrote:
Earlier while i was playing wizard101 I, had just got done with finishing krokatopia. I finally moved into marleybone and checked my journal and check what quest i have gotten. There was atleast about 15 unfinished quests i had to do in krokatopia, GrizzleHeim, Wizard City and so on and so forth. It really got on my nerves because my journal just felt soooo stuffed with quests it was horrible. I'd thought that Kingsisle had already made the solution to this by adding a Decline or, Remove quest tab in the journal but no, you have to finish them all to remove them from your quest journal. And yes i did finally finish them all after around 6 hours. not even noticing that i had unlocked marleybone because there was soo many unfinished quests. Yes it does ruin the experience for me because i really do like the main story line quests but not so much the side quests

Now please Kingsisle please do us a favour and add a Remove or, Delete option in the journal. Because i'm sure alot of people ranging from level 90-80 have still got unfinished Marleybone quests too

Sincerely - Your Beloved player: Benjamin Franklin Level 44
So stop accepting the side quests if you don't want them in your log. Having a delete option would only create more problems of people deleting important quests, such as side quests that are required for school/spell quests.

Delver
Apr 13, 2011
242
i have never heard a better idea in my life. there a billion different quests i have to complete but i don't want to do them. this is something KI HAS to see.

Kyle Earthshard () Level 61

Kane Star () Level 24

Survivor
Feb 14, 2011
3
Hey guys? I have quests in my log that have been there for 3 years or more. But I will eventualy get to them. Thay were put there for a reason to begin with.

Angus Dragonheart() Level 95

Survivor
Oct 25, 2012
7
I agree. I don't want all the side quests I got.

Defender
May 29, 2013
105
A pretty unoriginal idea, but how about letting us suspend quests we simply won't do. I'm mainly looking at the annoying book finding quests. The quests literally just sit there taking up space in the log. I know you can just say "if you don't want the quest, don't take it." Duh! I know that! Obviously, that's the simplest solution, but what if you make the mistake of taking it anyway?
This, of course, should only apply to side quests

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
I don't mind having a bunch of quests just sitting there because when i get stuck, (like now with the jabberwock) I can do a time consuming quest like the books and get lots of xp. Or, i can do a side quest that doesn't take as long and still receive xp. Personally, i'm fine with them. They do help you in the long run.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
455
Once you pick up a quest, I think you have to do it. If everyone could just delete quests out of their log, then what would side quests do anyway? Do the quest this time, get the experience and you probably won't make the same mistake again. Good Luck!
Saffron Sandsword
Grandmaster

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
72
I agree. On my main wizard (Max level and accidentally took a bunch of side quests) I've got TOO MUCH QUESTS. About 8 pages. I won't ever do these quests. A good system would be too just have a button next to each quest (Side quests only) saying "Give up" When pressed, we lose the quest but can retrieve it again by going to the person giving the quest.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
3
What a good idea. Can't believe they haven't done this yet. For now, I think the best quest-related update we're gonna get is the story-line quest one...

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
201
Grace Dreamrider on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
I don't mind having a bunch of quests just sitting there because when i get stuck, (like now with the jabberwock) I can do a time consuming quest like the books and get lots of xp. Or, i can do a side quest that doesn't take as long and still receive xp. Personally, i'm fine with them. They do help you in the long run.
I agree. When I get stuck on a main quest, I like having side quests there. If I suspend the side quest and lose it, I would become really frustrated with myself.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
186
I disagree, because when I'm bored and I'm stuck on a side quest, I have something to do.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2011
93
I agree, but you can retrieve it again, right?

Cole Goldenflame, Level 39 Pyromancer World: Mooshu and Grizzleheim Area: Tatakai Outpost and Mirkholm Keep