Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Delete Quest: Why no option?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
72
Firstly, before you read this greyrose I am not asking for a delete quest option.
(Not my idea but I think this will help A LOT)

I would like a way to divide your quests by each world. There could be tabs for each world that you click on and only quests in that specific world would be located in there. This would make it SO much easier for many of us to find a specific quest instead of going through a ton of pages to find a quest. We've all been in that position looking for a quest and you spend 3 minutes minimum looking for it.

^ If for some reason you don't agree with this how about dividing main quests and side quests? It would still help many of us a lot.

To all the other wizards, reply to this and tell me if you agree or disagree!

95 Angus Ghostriver
64 Blaze Lifebreeze

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
Natsu Dragneel on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
Firstly, before you read this greyrose I am not asking for a delete quest option.
(Not my idea but I think this will help A LOT)

I would like a way to divide your quests by each world. There could be tabs for each world that you click on and only quests in that specific world would be located in there. This would make it SO much easier for many of us to find a specific quest instead of going through a ton of pages to find a quest. We've all been in that position looking for a quest and you spend 3 minutes minimum looking for it.

^ If for some reason you don't agree with this how about dividing main quests and side quests? It would still help many of us a lot.

To all the other wizards, reply to this and tell me if you agree or disagree!

95 Angus Ghostriver
64 Blaze Lifebreeze
i think they did these already it say fined quest and if there no quest in that world for you it will say there are no quest albive or what ever but it was a good ideal

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
147
This idea has potential (although i think 3 minutes looking for a quest is an exaggeration )

Overall I think this would be a good idea except some quests span multiple worlds. I think at the very minimum sort it by what world the person who gave you the quest was in. This would definitely make things a bit easier, especially for the few quests that don't have a quest helper arrow.

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl51
John FrostShard - lvl44

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."

Explorer
Jul 24, 2011
93
I agree a lot on that one. I keep going through random quests while looking for one to do. And in options you could choose, Not Sorted, Sorted by World, or Sorted by Type. By type I mean Defeat and Collect, Defeat, Collect and Find, Defeat, Talk to, and others.

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 39 Pyromancer World: MooShu and Grizzleheim Area: Crimson Fields and Mirkholm Keep

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
72
Sokad on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
This idea has potential (although i think 3 minutes looking for a quest is an exaggeration )

Overall I think this would be a good idea except some quests span multiple worlds. I think at the very minimum sort it by what world the person who gave you the quest was in. This would definitely make things a bit easier, especially for the few quests that don't have a quest helper arrow.

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl51
John FrostShard - lvl44

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."
Ah true I forgot about that one... but I agree with you on your version.Also I wasn't exaggerating... well only a little bit. 2 minutes at least lol. I get every side quest and do them at the end of the world and I've ended up with too many quests.

Angus Ghostriver 95
Blaze Lifebreeze 72

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
72
GPM499 on Apr 11, 2014 wrote:
I agree a lot on that one. I keep going through random quests while looking for one to do. And in options you could choose, Not Sorted, Sorted by World, or Sorted by Type. By type I mean Defeat and Collect, Defeat, Collect and Find, Defeat, Talk to, and others.

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 39 Pyromancer World: MooShu and Grizzleheim Area: Crimson Fields and Mirkholm Keep
This sounds a lot better, I'd love to have the sorted by type option. :P

Angus Ghostriver 95
Blaze Lifebreeze 72

Defender
May 29, 2013
105
purrfectgirl on Apr 6, 2014 wrote:
I disagree, because when I'm bored and I'm stuck on a side quest, I have something to do.
OK, you do that. You can entertain yourself with meaningless annoying quests when you're bored

I'm saying, If you're never gonna do the quest, why keep it? what's the point?

Obviously you can grab the quest again. That should've been assumed from the beginning

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
51
Hi,

I know that KI is concerned about players who could accidentally remove main quests, which are essential to progress, but I would like to see an option to remove SIDE quests instead, as it's a common knowledge that side quests are not a must to progress through the spiral, they are just... side quests.

So, it'd be nice if we could remove those side quests we accidently accepted. I usually know what are and are not side quests but every now and then I over press the bar space (for fast questing) and end up accepting side quests unintentionally.

Thanks!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
SrEdu on Jun 28, 2014 wrote:
Hi,

I know that KI is concerned about players who could accidentally remove main quests, which are essential to progress, but I would like to see an option to remove SIDE quests instead, as it's a common knowledge that side quests are not a must to progress through the spiral, they are just... side quests.

So, it'd be nice if we could remove those side quests we accidently accepted. I usually know what are and are not side quests but every now and then I over press the bar space (for fast questing) and end up accepting side quests unintentionally.

Thanks!
KI has already said no many times. It's very simple, don't take the quest. If there is a Decline button, it's a side quest. Bear in mind, many side quests ARE necessary to progress with spells and various other aspects of the game.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2014
3
Well sometimes this happens to me and i do not understand why. Sometimes I have to do them and others I don't want to do but they are taking up space in my spell dialogue. Please answer back Ambrose if you know why this is happening.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
53
Blax on Dec 26, 2008 wrote:
I ask in Wizard City how to delete a quest and the answer I got was,"Do them."

Well yes, of course do them.

However, my quest book has three quest stuck in them that I do not wish to finish.

I also cannot finish the Sunken City quest because nobody wants to do it. I would like it out of my book until I do get a group to finish it.

So please, if there is not an option to delete quest in your quest book, please make it an option.
Well, instead of the delete quest option, (Because I doubt they will do that) how about a way to sort your quests, like quest folders. The main story line quests or quests absolutely necessary to do will go in one folder, side quests in another, quests that you wish not to complete at the moment, major dungeons, and school/spell quests.

It may not be like deleting a quest, but it is a good way to get hard quests out of your quest list until you are high enough level to complete them, it keeps you organized with your quests, and you don't have to completely delete them and forget them.

Is my idea doable and/or good?

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
AngelcatDemondog on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
Well, instead of the delete quest option, (Because I doubt they will do that) how about a way to sort your quests, like quest folders. The main story line quests or quests absolutely necessary to do will go in one folder, side quests in another, quests that you wish not to complete at the moment, major dungeons, and school/spell quests.

It may not be like deleting a quest, but it is a good way to get hard quests out of your quest list until you are high enough level to complete them, it keeps you organized with your quests, and you don't have to completely delete them and forget them.

Is my idea doable and/or good?
This idea would probably be a lot better than deleting them. Reason I say this is because of what KI has put forth already, the issue of why they will not include a delete button. However categorizing them is not only doable but it would be highly effective as well.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2014
1
I too am having this problem with one of the dungeons in krokotopia. I already have lots of quests open and I an extra one is really a pain. I can never find a group to do the dungeon with, and the option to delete a quest would be greatly appreciated.

To all that were talking about doing sunken city solo, I did it at level 20 and I was fine. I used the "defeat one minion" then die strategy and kept coming back to defeat the bosses. The key is to be patient and if that doesn't appeal to you then I don't think you should attempt it until you have a larger group.

Blaze Ravenblade Level 22 fire

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
15
I think this is a good idea, and the quest should go back to the owner and an should appear back over their head so you can always go back to it.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2010
15
RaiTaebeck on Feb 4, 2014 wrote:
Just a thought, but instead of deleting the quests what if an organization feature were added. It could separate the quest log into sections to cut down on the "clutter". It could be broken up in a couple ways, you could make it so each world in the spiral would have their own section, or you could break it down by the type of quest, such as a section for story-line quests, school quests, event quests, find the "____" quests (the zeke quests to find certain objects and creatures throughout each world), and miscellaneous quests. Would this be a feasible option?
Love this idea! I think it's great and will save time scrolling the ought your quests.!

Autumn Dragonheart

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
69
There's a reason why the staff of Wizard101 won't allow you to delete a quest. First of all, a quest could have been part of a story line, and the best you should do is to complete the quest. What if a person, for example, accidentally deleted a quest and wanted to complete the quest later. She forgot where the quest was, and started complaining about this new feature. That's what will might happen to thousands of players who go on Wizard101 every single day while using this feature.

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
69
I will list the reasons why they shouldn't add this feature, and why you shouldn't show support:

1.there's no option to delete a quest because what if somebody accidentally deleted a quest and couldn't get it back?

2.there would be A LOT of problems with getting experience to complete the game just because of people deleting quests, and i believe they would complain on the board about this feature.

3. How in the world are people going to get experience without deleting quests anyway? What if they don't find where the quest is located, then what?

4. I bet the message boards will be full of complaints about this feature, that's why Kingsisle wouldn't allow this option to get in the game.

5. Quest folders sound like a great substitute, maybe the folders could sort side quests and/or main quests from different worlds. You could have an option to name the folder something, like ''quests from Dragonspyre'' for example.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
53
Natsu Dragneel on Apr 13, 2014 wrote:
This sounds a lot better, I'd love to have the sorted by type option. :P

Angus Ghostriver 95
Blaze Lifebreeze 72
I have a similar idea to that I wrote a while ago and I have also seen a good number of others with that idea or that have agreed with that idea. Maybe we can have the abilities to customize folders if it isn't too glitchy 'cause I am not to thrilled with some of the folder ideas I have heard-- though i do have to say that Main story line quests and seriously important quests should automatically go into a select folder and if you want to move it to another folder, then you can copy the quest into your choice folders.

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
96
Natsu Dragneel on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
Firstly, before you read this greyrose I am not asking for a delete quest option.
(Not my idea but I think this will help A LOT)

I would like a way to divide your quests by each world. There could be tabs for each world that you click on and only quests in that specific world would be located in there. This would make it SO much easier for many of us to find a specific quest instead of going through a ton of pages to find a quest. We've all been in that position looking for a quest and you spend 3 minutes minimum looking for it.

^ If for some reason you don't agree with this how about dividing main quests and side quests? It would still help many of us a lot.

To all the other wizards, reply to this and tell me if you agree or disagree!

95 Angus Ghostriver
64 Blaze Lifebreeze
YES! Just yes.

Except I took so many quests that I have about 7 pages, and if I choose to check my main quest, it takes me at least 2 minutes to find it, and many of the quests I have are Zeke or librarian (Find book/tapestry/etc.) quests. Many of which I would enjoy putting in a separate folder or file, to view with ease.

A folder with Main Storyline quests, a folder with random NPC side quests, and a folder for scavenger hunt style quests. That sounds like a good idea to me, but a delete quest option would help, provided that it cannot delete main quests.

Nicholas DragonFlame 85
Nicholas PearlCloud 66

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
Sh4rpBlade15 on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
YES! Just yes.

Except I took so many quests that I have about 7 pages, and if I choose to check my main quest, it takes me at least 2 minutes to find it, and many of the quests I have are Zeke or librarian (Find book/tapestry/etc.) quests. Many of which I would enjoy putting in a separate folder or file, to view with ease.

A folder with Main Storyline quests, a folder with random NPC side quests, and a folder for scavenger hunt style quests. That sounds like a good idea to me, but a delete quest option would help, provided that it cannot delete main quests.

Nicholas DragonFlame 85
Nicholas PearlCloud 66
Why not just spend a little time (it takes about 20-30 minutes to do ALL Zeke's quests in all worlds) and get all those extra XP and training points. You could also stop accepting side quests if you don't want them. You CHOSE to accept it.