Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Delete Quest: Why no option?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
39
Simple answer.

The day KI implements a "delete quest" button is the exact same day product support start getting inundated with:

1) "I was just about done my spell quest and accidentally deleted it. can you reset it for me at the exact place I was and how dare you tell me you can't because I pay for this"

2) "I'm stuck. I deleted on of my main questline quests and cannot find it again."

3) "Unfair! Nobody told me that I would need those side quests later to get my level 48 spell. And now I don't know where to look for them."

4) etc.

5) etc.

6) etc.

Is it really all that tough to either just ignore the quests in your log that you don't feel like doing? (Or else just do them.)

Personally I would rather have KI working on real solutions to real bugs and developing new features and content than "fixing" something that really isn't a problem for most players and would cause more potential problems than it solves.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1309
MangaofMyth wrote:
Simple answer.

The day KI implements a "delete quest" button is the exact same day product support start getting inundated with:

1) "I was just about done my spell quest and accidentally deleted it. can you reset it for me at the exact place I was and how dare you tell me you can't because I pay for this"

2) "I'm stuck. I deleted on of my main questline quests and cannot find it again."

3) "Unfair! Nobody told me that I would need those side quests later to get my level 48 spell. And now I don't know where to look for them."

4) etc.

5) etc.

6) etc.

Is it really all that tough to either just ignore the quests in your log that you don't feel like doing? (Or else just do them.)

Personally I would rather have KI working on real solutions to real bugs and developing new features and content than "fixing" something that really isn't a problem for most players and would cause more potential problems than it solves.


I agree. Deleting quests would cause more of a problem than it solves.

LOL. On my Fire Grandmaster i have at least 5 undone quests (all of them in Marleybone and Grizzleheim). I don't mind them being there and may just do them in the future.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life
Hannah Summerglade Level 50 Fire
Hannah Earthbreaker Level 50 Balance
Hannah Legendstalker Level 26 Myth

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
126
I think that they had this in the Test Realm, but it never made it in-game. You should probably go to Halestroms Lab and post this as an idea.

I have a feeling that they didn't add this because people would get Xp off them. For instance, you could do a chain quest and get a lot of Xp off it. It would be like geting XP for doing nothing.

And the sunken cityquest I can help you with. Just meet me around Sunken sometime and we'll do it.

-Amber RosePetal, aka Amy Goldblood

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
6
Quizzical wrote:
If you're level 26, you can probably solo Sunken City. I've soloed it a couple times around level 27 or 28.

Anything that comes in a group of more than two will not respawn, so you can start a battle, kill one, die, run back, and have made progress.


Well, what about dungeons? I have to find Dean's Cell in DS, and I'm not even level 45+. However, I do agree, I have done Sunken City with nothing but a minion, and a few stormzillas and hydras and so on.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2009
17
ellamc wrote:
I agree that there should be a delete quest option. Gama, can you PLEASE sort this out!


I also agree. It would be nice to delete certain quest that I am tired of looking at and have no desire to backtrack and do!

Explorer
Jun 06, 2009
50
multi grand masters here, i use sunken city as a solo for mine when they get to be a grand master. Life has to do it sooner for a spell but the others wait to do it solo unless someone asks me sooner

LOL all mine have culpepper on the book cause as of yet i have NOT managed to get thru to the end

some people here talk about not doing quests, well you need virtually everything if you hope to be a grand master
i have met many who rush thru the game then complain when people wont help them go back to find the quests later
unless you repeat alot by helping people you need those quest points

take the time to do the quests - that is where your points lie - not in jumping to ds to do street fights, all my wizards are grand master BEFORE they go to Malistaire - lol that is MY personal RULE

right now i am saving some ds side quests for when the cap is raised to help mine along, they are grand masters so not need the points

ok back to work here

enjoy all


Delver
Feb 23, 2009
233
Only three? Wow, I have like fifteen. Yes, that is actually a wonderful idea. If only KingsIsle would make it come true. Though it would be great if you could go back and do them anytime after you delete them, in case you really need experience points! Great idea, I hope the company takes this idea to heart. (:

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
I totally agree that we should be able to remove quests from our spellbook!

_______________________________________
Caroline Sunbright Level 50 theurgist
Brittany Rainriver Level 30 diviner
Emily Spiritriver Level 29 necromancer
Nicole Jadesword Level 19 sorcerer
Laura Iceheart Level 19 thaumaturge

Survivor
Jan 28, 2010
7
Survivor
Mar 18, 2009
24
Instead of Deleting quests, maybe they could just add an option to HIDE them. Moving them off the active quest page and onto another one.

That way people who don't want to do them can "forget" about them. And no worry about the game restarting the quest or having to save each persons deleted quest info, or restore accidentaly deleted quests, etc... Plus, this way, if someone needs the XP later - they can find the quest by checking the 'hidden quest' page without hunting down every NPC they skipped throughout the spiral.

Champion
Aug 10, 2009
456
please please PLEASE add a Delete quest option!! It won't hurt anyone if we have it right?


Explorer
Feb 18, 2009
84
Hehe honestly I totally agree with you. I've been looking for the cats for months and would really like that out of there.

Oh btw i dont blame you for sunken city. i'm a lvl 45 ice and I still cant solo it. Oh and also i have 3000 health. Hehehe so i get it mostly.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
2
Cheryl09 wrote:
please please PLEASE add a Delete quest option!! It won't hurt anyone if we have it right?



yes please please pleeeeaaaasseeeeee add that option

Explorer
May 24, 2009
63
Blax wrote:
I ask in Wizard City how to delete a quest and the answer I got was,"Do them."

Well yes, of course do them.

However, my quest book has three quest stuck in them that I do not wish to finish.

I also cannot finish the Sunken City quest because nobody wants to do it. I would like it out of my book until I do get a group to finish it.

So please, if there is not an option to delete quest in your quest book, please make it an option.
My question: Why would you want to delete a quest? It doesn't hurt that you have a quest that you cant do right then. Eventually you will be able to complete the quest. Deleting a quest would make it harder actually. When you can do the quest you have to go back to the person who gave it to you. You could also accidently press "delete quest" when you are on the last part of a quest, namely a dungeon. I think it is ok the way K.I has it.

Explorer
May 24, 2009
63
Blax wrote:
Sorry Ophillia , I do not understand why sitting around for two days straight looking for a group for Sunken City is fun for you. However, I do not question it.

I also do not understand why having an option to delete my quest is game breaking for you as well.

What I find fun is being able to play a game I am paying for. I like progressing, not sitting in The Commons hoping someone will group for Sunken City.

The funny thing is, Ophillia is probably a higher level then me. I am only level 26.

It comes down to this, will having this option ruin your enjoyment of the game? Because not having this option is ruining my enjoyment of the game.
Blax can you just let what people say alone. you have your opinion and Ophillia has his/hers. Also why is the fact that Ophillia doesn't agree with you breaking for you? I personally a gree with Ophillia

Explorer
May 24, 2009
63
Cheryl09 wrote:
please please PLEASE add a Delete quest option!! It won't hurt anyone if we have it right?

Wrong. it would hurt lots of people. when you accidently delete a quest You would freak out because that is a good quest that you almost finished. It doesn't hurt to not have the delete quest button

Explorer
Aug 14, 2008
66
Blax wrote:
Blax can you just let what people say alone. you have your opinion and Ophillia has his/hers. Also why is the fact that Ophillia doesn't agree with you breaking for you? I personally a gree with Ophillia


Woah calm down there. It's good that you agree with someone but still, this is Blax's thread and he can post what he wants about the subject. Try avoiding saying things like this next time and instead just focus on the subject, please and thank you.

I agree with the person who suggested hiding instead. Because no matter if KingsIsle adds or does not add the delete option, people will complain no matter what. They will complain if they don't add it because they wanna delete their quests they have no desire to do, and they will also complain if its added because they will accidentally delete their quests.





Survivor
May 23, 2010
1
I have accidently deleted my crafting table apparently. I've checked the room, the backpack, the bank, shared bank and the attic to no avail. I would like to delete the quest to hopefully reset it so I can get a replacement crafting table.

Moderator
lovelhet wrote:
I have accidently deleted my crafting table apparently. I've checked the room, the backpack, the bank, shared bank and the attic to no avail. I would like to delete the quest to hopefully reset it so I can get a replacement crafting table.


You can purchase a new one at the Bazaar.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Moderator
There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

When you're given an assignment in school, if you don't do it, you fail.
When you're given an assignment in Wizard101, you have the option to complete the assignment at any time in the future, but you must still complete it.
Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
Mar 06, 2009
130
ProspectorZeke wrote:
There's a very good reason to NOT have a Delete Quest button. As soon as we add a Delete Quest button, players will delete quests rather than finish them, and we will be flooded with customer support tickets stating "I deleted a quest, how do I get it back?"

When you're given an assignment in school, if you don't do it, you fail.
When you're given an assignment in Wizard101, you have the option to complete the assignment at any time in the future, but you must still complete it.
Just complete the assignments you are given, it is the only way you will be able to progress through the story of the Spiral.

I was agreeing on having the option to delete quests but then i read Zeke's message and I now understand why we don't have the option to delete quests.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
1
poseygirlolive wrote:
I think that they had this in the Test Realm, but it never made it in-game. You should probably go to Halestroms Lab and post this as an idea.

I have a feeling that they didn't add this because people would get Xp off them. For instance, you could do a chain quest and get a lot of Xp off it. It would be like geting XP for doing nothing.

And the sunken cityquest I can help you with. Just meet me around Sunken sometime and we'll do it.

-Amber RosePetal, aka Amy Goldblood

Well I think if they delete it the quest giver's quest would be gone foreever like if you completed one I: :?


Survivor
Jul 04, 2010
8
I wouldn't mind a delete quest option. I personally HATE Colossus Avenue. Maybe its because I am 34 and not 6 lol, but the farting went from mildly amusing to just irritatingly stupid in about 5 seconds. lol. However it's hard to avoid getting the quest to go there and to get it off you pretty much have to do the whole area. Yes skipping it is quite easy, but I would like the option to remove the quest entirely.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
9

Sure we can delete them, but going by Zekes post if you delete a quest you "fail" The assignment and loose xp to what you would have gained, scaled to level. So let say you didn't kill the evil snowmen for Mindy way back in wizard city. You are in dragonspire as a grand. You can drop it, for the cost in xp that a quest in Dragonspire would have given you. If that delvels you any spells that require that level to cast cannot be drawn and are taken out of your deck till you can cast them again.

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
124
Well, if you delete the quest there would be a small gap in the experience you get. So when Celestia comes out, I'm guessing it will also leve a gap for you to finish Grizzlehiem with. That means no exra experience to get to lvl 60 with!

And also, your quest book has an unlimited amount of space. Why delete it in the first place if it isn't doing any harm? Just keep it untill you can do it!!!

Abigail Spiritrider