Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noobs have finally done it

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 27, 2010
Freshta wrote:
Sorry. When you write a post, you are talking to everybody who reads your post. So, you are talking to everybody,incuding me. Wasnt every body a low lvl once. This TOPIC is rediculis. Did you relize how angry you were when you read my post, thats how angry I felt when I read your post. How should I know you weren't talking to me. P.S. My name is Hunter Wild Horn

But it doesn't make sense for you to be angry with me or my post. Why? Because you obviously didn't actually read my post. Either that, or you have a reading comprehension problem.

You see how I quoted you, and set your words apart from mine using bold typeface....? That is what I did with someone else's post, the one that got you all hot and bothered. That is how I set my words apart from the words of others.

So pay attention here, because I've already pointed this out to you (and you ignored it): The bolded parts of my posts (that you are apparently so offended by) are my quotes of SOMEONE ELSE. So, unless you're mad at me for agreeing with you that "noob" isn't a nice thing to call others, and that low level wizards can indeed be helpful ... why are you threatening me with bodily harm?

The parts that made you mad, were written by Maxitola, not by me. I only quoted him and then explained why I think his post wasn't fair. Yeah, that's right. I don't agree with that stance that is in bold. If you had actually read my entire post, you would have seen that.

Go back and actually read what I wrote, the parts that are not in bold. Then, realize that you owe me an apology. You were offensive and rude---the very things you accused me of being---on top of you being 100% WRONG about the point of my entire message.

Next time, read more carefully before you start spitting insults and threats.

I know who I;m talking to. I'm not talking to Maxolita, I'm talking to YOU. Saying Sorry isnt an insult or a threat. Your talking about the choking thing, right. If you are talking about the choking thing then listen to this. If you READ mine carefully you would have figured I said "I FELT like choking you" so it looks your the one with bad reading comprehention. I dont care if I spelled it wrong. So you shoudnt Go back and start terrerizing and Harrasing me and the low lvls.
P.S. If you really are angry at me, go fight me at the arena me {lvl45pyromancer} and My best friend Mathew Boom Hammer {lvl 60 Diviner}

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
DarkLordJordan wrote:
Yes, Celestia is a challenge. And here's an example of why the people who have EARNED the right to be there get annoyed with lower level wizards: I'm a level 58 Necromancer. I had a quest to obtain 3 items from enemies in the Science Center. I had fought 11 of them and only obtained 2 items - I counted. That's how quests in Celestia tend to work. At the end of a battle, when the 2 enemies I was facing had less than 100 health and I had around 400, I was about to cast Scarecrow and end the battle. A low level wizard jumped in, bringing in another enemy. My spell killed the two initial enemies, and then the new one promptly killed me the next round. The low level couldn't heal me and was immediately killed himself, so the whole battle was for nothing. If this were an isolated incident, no big deal. But it's happening WAY too much.

I have no problem with low level wizards going to Celestia to look around and satisfy their curiosity. I don't even mind them joining battles if they practice a little common courtesy. A few tips:

1) ASK before jumping into someone else's battle. Personally, I think that's just the right thing to do whether you're a level 7 or a level 57.

2) Do your best to take care of yourself - Don't expect the other wizard(s) to heal you. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep ourselves healed in a battle.

3) Never waste another wizard's trap on a small spell! Enemies in Celestia gain pips so fast that it's a lot more difficult to build a spell with traps and blades as you can in other areas. That's why it's a lot more annoying when they're wasted.

4) Also, please pay attention to any battle advice the higher level wizards give you. I know that sounds patronizing, but I learned a great deal from watching higher level wizards when I first started out.

I will say that some of the grands in Celestia are being pretty mean to lower level wizards without even giving them a chance. I've seen a lot of namecalling outside of battle, when the lower levels were just looking around. We can't expect them to be courteous to us if we don't set the right example ourselves. Those of us who are adult players, or even older kids, need to remember that the people we're being mean to may be younger kids. Would you want someone to be needlessly rude to your child, or your little brother or sister? A little common courtesy from all of us, regardless of level, would go a long way.

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer

Please read and think upon this message which is 100% TRUE

that Grand masters are WAY too mean to lower level who are only curious of the new world.
i mean seriously
we were ALL beginners once and we all know how exciting it is for a new world to come out.
so grand master need to stop acting like such snobs and set a good example for the younger players.

Samuel Duskmancer-Level 60 Legendary Necromancer
Samuel Dragonsword- Level 60 Legendary Diviner

While I agree with you on all the above, but its also amazing that us NICE guys get told off by these low level Wizards.
Also here is a point of my thoughts on the low level Wizards:
1] who has not yet learn the concept of Asking First before Joining;
2] Who they are, doesn't even matter. they are a person who screw things up on our attacks;
3] They don't care bout us;
4] they will SCAM you to no end;
5] KI/Wizard101 is doing nothing to restrict these guys to their World on their Quest level;
6] Sometimes I just wanna QUIT and demand my Money back in Full!
7] I now know the Fellings of the GrandMasters and Legends, For I got 6 characters on this game [Legendary Balance, Life & Death Wizard on MarleyBone, Fire, Ice and Storm on Krokotopia] I ALWAYS ask others my Level or higher or Lower than myself first before entering a fight. Now 99% of the Time, I'm with Friends that knows all my characters and btw I use my same name title on all my characters [William ThunderSword].
8] Till KI/Wizard101 decides who's is really paying for these games, then we are all stuck with this Problem. I pay my Membership every Year, plus I buy Crowns just bout Every Month, $60 worth, I buy the Game Stop cards of Wizard101. So I think I got a Legitament Rights to speak my mind Freely here.
9] KI/Wizard101 has issues and till I see results, its just gonna be more frustrations for us all!

Thank you Legends and GrandMaster for making this all somewhat a better place when we can all team up whereever we are, to allow us the chance to be amoung our own levels.

To you young wizard, Stay and Finish your World and Quest. Don't get in a hurry to get to the end and not knowing what you are really doing. Ask before you use anothers Traps for your low level pip spell. Be Nice and We'll be Nice back. Be Rude and ye shall get no Kindness from any of us. We have all EARNED our Title, now its bout time you did also.

"We Cheer ya on, when you level up!
We feel ya pain, when you lose a fight, for we all have been there; done that ordeal.
We all Laugh at good Jokes and Stories!
But we are sadden, by your unkind ways!"

Do the Right things here, and we'll be there to help you along the Way!

Thanks for reading this, and I hope all will take the time to really read this and really understand the Issues!
Regards,
William ThunderSword

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
stansigstad wrote:
mat567010 wrote:
Firefan02 wrote:
You can't equip/wear gear if you are not the appropriate level.

I really wish people would stop using "noob" it is rude. Every single one of us started at level one. Many things people complain about are PLAYER behavior issues. A rude, inconsiderate player is just that. Give me their wiz and it will be nice.

Megan
yea i agree with you because wizard101 is a game to call people nice things not bad

Megan, it ruins the game when you get the lower level people coming to Celestia and doing all their stuff. I've deleted all my friends below level 50 to keep them from porting to me and wish everyone else would do the same as well. When we call them NOOB it's not so much of an insult but description of their inexperience. You certainly seem to be a sensitive one aren't you. I consider everyone under level 50 to be a noob, people level 50 and up are not noobs.

Tarlac Frogbreath

Yes I am. Calling someone a noob is pointless and rude. What exactly does it accomplish? Did it teach the other person anything? Did it make them a better player or does it make you feel more powerful? What does name calling say about you and the person you are?

I have a disabled daughter so I am very aware of name calling and react strongly to it. I have found through my experiences with her that people who name call and bully others have issues in their own lives. Those issues make them tear down others to make themselves feel better.

I hate to tell this but I have meant lots of unskilled players level 50+. Level says NOTHING about a players skill. Any one that thinks it does is rather short sighted IMO.

Megan-formerly Firefan02

Survivor
Jul 24, 2009
Firefan02 wrote:

I really wish people would stop using "noob" it is rude. Every single one of us started at level one. Many things people complain about are PLAYER behavior issues. A rude, inconsiderate player is just that. Give me their wiz and it will be nice.

Megan

Well, I agree it is rude of peolple to call them that. Before it existed it was a " New Be " or something, but then someone came up with noob, and now people come up with bad meanings for it. If they call a low level guy a noob, they better be meaning a new guy.

Brian Stormhunter Level 56 Grandmaster Diviner
Brian Firehunter Level 12 Initiate

Survivor
May 14, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
UPDATE: Guys I am way past this thing. I am fine with them now and even work with them. I was being immature I admit it and I see it now that it is not a problem. Just so you know, I am WAY past this. Though you may still post how you feel about LOWER LEVELS (notice how I said lower levels :P). Thank you.

Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!

this game used to be a challenge and was fun..now lo levels just go where they want mess up the game and dont care..the games has gotten to be a pain..why cant they do like the older ones did and take the challenge ??

Survivor
Apr 22, 2010
Is Lv. 26 low level???

Zachary Trollcatcher, level 26 Conjurer

With imagination, anything is possible.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
Freshta wrote:
Sorry. When you write a post, you are talking to everybody who reads your post. So, you are talking to everybody,incuding me. Wasnt every body a low lvl once. This TOPIC is rediculis. Did you relize how angry you were when you read my post, thats how angry I felt when I read your post. How should I know you weren't talking to me. P.S. My name is Hunter Wild Horn

But it doesn't make sense for you to be angry with me or my post. Why? Because you obviously didn't actually read my post. Either that, or you have a reading comprehension problem.

You see how I quoted you, and set your words apart from mine using bold typeface....? That is what I did with someone else's post, the one that got you all hot and bothered. That is how I set my words apart from the words of others.

So pay attention here, because I've already pointed this out to you (and you ignored it): The bolded parts of my posts (that you are apparently so offended by) are my quotes of SOMEONE ELSE. So, unless you're mad at me for agreeing with you that "noob" isn't a nice thing to call others, and that low level wizards can indeed be helpful ... why are you threatening me with bodily harm?

The parts that made you mad, were written by Maxitola, not by me. I only quoted him and then explained why I think his post wasn't fair. Yeah, that's right. I don't agree with that stance that is in bold. If you had actually read my entire post, you would have seen that.

Go back and actually read what I wrote, the parts that are not in bold. Then, realize that you owe me an apology. You were offensive and rude---the very things you accused me of being---on top of you being 100% WRONG about the point of my entire message.

Next time, read more carefully before you start spitting insults and threats.

Hey Hold on now! Let's get ALL of our Tempers in check here Folks!
For once I do Agree that If you are NOT Qualify to be doing Battles on another World above your Quest, Should be one of the Following by KI/Wizard101:

1] Restrict folks from lower level Quest that a] ports in on Higher level Players; b] wants to jump in a battle of a higher level battle that he/she is NOT equip to fight - By allowing all of us the BUTTON that will allow or NOT Allowed a lower level into our Battles.
For Example:
A level 29 Death student comes to CL.
He approaches your Battle Circle and watches your fights.
Death ask you: Sir/Madame, Can I join in and learn some things from you?
{This will get a nice response, from the Level 65 player} Clicks on Death Wizards name in chat box, and clicks on the BUTTON to Allow. Everything goes good! BUT his spells were limiting your Attacks, for he was using low level spells and using up your Traps. You explain what you need for him to do, {As any of us Higher Levels Players has learn from our days of being Young on game} He then gets to being very Rude to you and will not do as you have ask Nicely and starts using words that is CAP to show you what he really thinks of you, You click on his name, and click BUTTON That "NOT ALLOW", and
*poof* he is done! Now you got a chance to recoup before the Creatures get a chance to hurt you badly, You finally won with 1 health left in your Bubble.

OR 2] Absolutely restrict all players to their QUEST Level. Do Not ALLOW them to port in on a Higher Playing fields above their Quest Level. If a High level player is on that lower players world level, who is less than our current level, then its okay for them to port to us. I have no problems with this. Why you ask? Simple we can go any where we have already been to; but by restricting these lower level players from Engaging in our Battles without Permission. So this is where: "I draw the Line!" This must be where we can really control our environment.

Thanks and Good Luck to all!
William ThunderSword - Legendary Balance

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
To all Players of Wizard101:
Remember the "Code of Conduct", we all supposedly read before we started? Well I suggest ALL of you go back and re-read it again! Ye might be Surprised!

Look We Legends started out with Ambrose, from the beginning learning things, it was New and Exciting and Fun! Remember Folks?

Now the young Guys and Gals comes in, and think they know ALL the tricks of Everything! Great let us Experience players throw up Shields and blades and watch till you guys fall flat on your face! Then we'll take it back over, and if you are hanging on hoping we'll heal ya, Well its ALL gonna depend on your attitude towards us: "No Insults, no derogatory remarks nor anything as an insult; we will if we can, heal you." BUT, if you do, then stand there and Watch us Pro do our work, you might learn a thing or two, if you will open your mind.

We have listen, when we were first new on this Game, and cling to the Legends and Grand Masters, and as they politely answered all our questions with Sincerity and in good layman's terms, so that we could understand.

"Remember this, if nothing else: The ONLY stupid questions in this World; Is the ONES never ASK!"

Folks, if you want our Respect, then earn it like we did with the ones higher up than us, when we first started. Its that Simple.

No If's, And's or But's about it! Think about it!
:? :? :? :-) :-) :-)

Defender
May 17, 2009
Zachary1043 wrote:
Is Lv. 26 low level???

Yes, it is very low level IF you are in celestia. It is barely higher than HALF the minimum level to get there. Please do not come to Celestia.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
stansigstad wrote:
mat567010 wrote:
Firefan02 wrote:

Megan
yea i agree with you because wizard101 is a game to call people nice things not bad

Megan, it ruins the game when you get the lower level people coming to Celestia and doing all their stuff. I've deleted all my friends below level 50 to keep them from porting to me and wish everyone else would do the same as well. When we call them NOOB it's not so much of an insult but description of their inexperience. You certainly seem to be a sensitive one aren't you. I consider everyone under level 50 to be a noob, people level 50 and up are not noobs.

Tarlac Frogbreath

Yes I am. Calling someone a noob is pointless and rude. What exactly does it accomplish? Did it teach the other person anything? Did it make them a better player or does it make you feel more powerful? What does name calling say about you and the person you are?

I have a disabled daughter so I am very aware of name calling and react strongly to it. I have found through my experiences with her that people who name call and bully others have issues in their own lives. Those issues make them tear down others to make themselves feel better.

I hate to tell this but I have meant lots of unskilled players level 50+. Level says NOTHING about a players skill. Any one that thinks it does is rather short sighted IMO.

Megan-formerly Firefan02

You do realize this is a game right? Not real life. It is A GAME. I am past this "noob" stuff anyway. It is immature. This is A GAME people! Not real life. I am surprised people still comment on this. Name calling in real life is different than a game Megan. Learn that right now. I AM against the noob thing now but still, learn life and game and it won't make you so mad about name calling in the game

James Skull Wielder
Legendary Necromancer

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Firefan02 wrote:

Megan

Part of this "noob" problem is not lvl it is immaturity of the lower levels. Speaking, they are jealous of higher levels and want to be a higher level without working through it. I remember being a bit jealous myself but knew my time would come and I had to work hard. Everyone here almost isn't talking about level. they are talking about rudeness which is just life the way it is. You will meet and have to work with rudeness and find a way to get back but still be nice. Well some people don't understand that and they bring up a fight. If a lower level starts to fight with me I simply WALK AWAY PEOPLE. Still the reason there is a "noob" problem is because of immaturity from both legends and lower levels. We are all immature posting on this! We just have to admit it

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Whoever said most high levels are all the same and sellfish i completely dissagree.most low levels are nice but some are evil me and my friends were fighting cuthalla and winning unitl this level 12 ports and loosesus the battle.Oh and why he was doing this he was calling US noobs and saying we had no right to be in celestia.This is what really annoyed me the amount of hours i put into getting there and i didnt even say you shouldnt be here.But i think its a problem KI is gonna have to fix.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:

You do realize this is a game right? Not real life. It is A GAME. I am past this "noob" stuff anyway. It is immature. This is A GAME people! Not real life. I am surprised people still comment on this. Name calling in real life is different than a game Megan. Learn that right now. I AM against the noob thing now but still, learn life and game and it won't make you so mad about name calling in the game

James Skull Wielder
Legendary Necromancer

No it isn't any different here or in real life. People use noob to hurt and demean people in game. Have you heard of verbal bullying? That is what it is the way some people use noob here in game. Mean is mean period. Here is some information on verbal bullying.

With verbal bullying, the goal is still to degrade and demean the victim, while making the aggressor look dominant and powerful. All bullying focuses on creating a situation in which the victim is dominated by the aggressor. And this can happen verbally as well as physically.

Don't lecture me on life. Have you raised a disabled child and seen how profoundly cruel words can effect a person? I have. Words can be devastating if one gives them power. I have the maturity to brush them off. Others don't and they need people to stand up and speak out for them. I take this very seriously after dealing with it for years in real life. It happens in games online, in real life and is serious.

I realize some people mean a new person or are teasing their friends. It is all in the context. I can ignore it in the proper context.

Megan-formerly Firefan02

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009

I know who I;m talking to. I'm not talking to Maxolita, I'm talking to YOU. Saying Sorry isnt an insult or a threat. Your talking about the choking thing, right. If you are talking about the choking thing then listen to this. If you READ mine carefully you would have figured I said "I FELT like choking you" so it looks your the one with bad reading comprehention. I dont care if I spelled it wrong. So you shoudnt Go back and start terrerizing and Harrasing me and the low lvls.
P.S. If you really are angry at me, go fight me at the arena....

I am not angry at you. I am offended that you threatened me with bodily harm for SOMETHING I DID NOT SAY.

I am angry at the situation of being wrongfully accused, threatened, and convicted by you, for something I did not say.

I've stated this many times, in various ways, and still you attack me for something I DID NOT SAY. I never once called anyone a "noob" or said lower leveled wizards shouldn't be in Celestia. Find me a quote of my own words where I said this---not where I quoted Maxitola---and I will apologize to you and all low leveled wizards whom I have offended.

But, you won't find it because it isn't there.

Your refusal to admit that you misread my post is showing me that this is a pointless conversation. I give up.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

James Skull Wielder
Legendary Necromancer

No it isn't any different here or in real life. People use noob to hurt and demean people in game. Have you heard of verbal bullying? That is what it is the way some people use noob here in game. Mean is mean period. Here is some information on verbal bullying.

With verbal bullying, the goal is still to degrade and demean the victim, while making the aggressor look dominant and powerful. All bullying focuses on creating a situation in which the victim is dominated by the aggressor. And this can happen verbally as well as physically.

Don't lecture me on life. Have you raised a disabled child and seen how profoundly cruel words can effect a person? I have. Words can be devastating if one gives them power. I have the maturity to brush them off. Others don't and they need people to stand up and speak out for them. I take this very seriously after dealing with it for years in real life. It happens in games online, in real life and is serious.

I realize some people mean a new person or are teasing their friends. It is all in the context. I can ignore it in the proper context.

Megan-formerly Firefan02

I know what it's like! I have a disabled friend and help him around. People make fun of him and I help him. He is sweet and no one will understand that. I am talking different on the game. These are mean people ok? I: why can't you guys understand that?

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
Ok, is it really that big a problem? I mean, we were all noobs at one point or another. We WANTED to visit worlds. And now the Grands say that the noobs have to EARN the 10,000 gold houses they have? I admit, some noobs are rude. But you should report them. Why complain if you can't change it?

Cya in he spiral
Seth Battlespear
Master Sorcerer

Survivor
Jun 07, 2010
Im atcually close to quitting a level nine noob ported to some guy once in stormriven and started calling us all noobs.And if that wasnt enough he gets a spinyfish. please fix this serious problem KI.thx

Delver
May 26, 2009
maxitola2009 wrote:
Zachary1043 wrote:
Is Lv. 26 low level???

Yes, it is very low level IF you are in celestia. It is barely higher than HALF the minimum level to get there. Please do not come to Celestia.

Instead of asking him to not come to Celestia (if he is a subscriber, then he has every right to go there), why don't you tell him that he is welcome in Celestia but he shouldn't join battles without asking first?
Ask before you port to a friend and join a battle.
If you join a battle by yourself, you might have a hard time staying alive.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

James Skull Wielder
Legendary Necromancer

Megan-formerly Firefan02

I know what it's like! I have a disabled friend and help him around. People make fun of him and I help him. He is sweet and no one will understand that. I am talking different on the game. These are mean people ok? I: why can't you guys understand that?

Obviously this subject hits a big old nerve with me. I understand they are mean people. That is why it needs to be addressed when noob is used in a mean, hurtful way. That is how people learn what is acceptable or not.

THANK YOU so much for being a good friend. People like you made/make such a difference for folks like my daughter. :D

Please forgive me if I was short or rude. It is a very sensitive area for me, that I feel very strongly about.

Megan-formerly Firefan02

Defender
May 17, 2009
iheartcheesypie wrote:
maxitola2009 wrote:
Zachary1043 wrote:
Is Lv. 26 low level???

Instead of asking him to not come to Celestia (if he is a subscriber, then he has every right to go there), why don't you tell him that he is welcome in Celestia but he shouldn't join battles without asking first?
Ask before you port to a friend and join a battle.
If you join a battle by yourself, you might have a hard time staying alive.

Ok, allow me to rephrase that. Please do not join fights while you are in Celestia.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:

James Skull Wielder
Legendary Necromancer

Megan-formerly Firefan02

Obviously this subject hits a big old nerve with me. I understand they are mean people. That is why it needs to be addressed when noob is used in a mean, hurtful way. That is how people learn what is acceptable or not.

THANK YOU so much for being a good friend. People like you made/make such a difference for folks like my daughter. :D

Please forgive me if I was short or rude. It is a very sensitive area for me, that I feel very strongly about.

Megan-formerly Firefan02

And I'd like to say sorry for how I acted to you through the last few posts I said to you. It is also an old nerve for me. I hate this bullying subject and wish you guys that call people "noobs" would STOP. I found that it was WRONG and you are right Megan, saying mean or hurtful words no matter on a game or real life, doesn't make a difference. I think we all learned a life long lesson on this topic. Be nice not rude! XD

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I am a level 56 life. I have a lot of lower level friends. You know the star by your friends names? If they are level 50 and up, I fill the star in so that I know that they are not newbies. I have a couple exceptions because I've known them either in real life or they are good friends. I really need to go through my list and get rid of people I really see on or call me 5 million times for help.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Does everybody not know what is going on? Just take a second look at your comments. This is supposed to be a family fun game for all ages. This isn't supposed to be some game that automatically puts the Higher leveled characters in charge. There has to be equality in the attitude towards both sides. ALL of you are separating yourselves from the "noobs" (very derrogative, please don't phrase them like that) or lower levels. It's almost like all of you are saying that YOU are the nobles of this land, and they are the mere peasants. That can't happen, but of course a lot of people will disagree with me or make some obnocious comment back.

If you haven't noticed, I am defending the lower levels right now (Not because I am one because I'm not), because while they don't have membership and are just roaming around, you guys are having a blast with questing and other things. I'm surprised that they didn't make a topic about how rude the higher levels are to them!

Do you think they know the exact same knowledge as you guys do? What if they haven't seen a Snow Angel before? Or a Dragon? Wouldn't it be cool to befriend them and try to encourage them to become a member or to level up! All of you wizards who posted something wrong about the lower levels please read this comment and try to shift your opinions back the other way.

I'm really disappointed in almost all of you guys. Especially the one who created this topic.

Just remember ...
"We've all been noobs before"
-Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturgist

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
Thechaosmagician wrote:
DarkLordJordan wrote:
Yes, Celestia is a challenge. And here's an example of why the people who have EARNED the right to be there get annoyed with lower level wizards: I'm a level 58 Necromancer. I had a quest to obtain 3 items from enemies in the Science Center. I had fought 11 of them and only obtained 2 items - I counted. That's how quests in Celestia tend to work. At the end of a battle, when the 2 enemies I was facing had less than 100 health and I had around 400, I was about to cast Scarecrow and end the battle. A low level wizard jumped in, bringing in another enemy. My spell killed the two initial enemies, and then the new one promptly killed me the next round. The low level couldn't heal me and was immediately killed himself, so the whole battle was for nothing. If this were an isolated incident, no big deal. But it's happening WAY too much.

I have no problem with low level wizards going to Celestia to look around and satisfy their curiosity. I don't even mind them joining battles if they practice a little common courtesy. A few tips:

1) ASK before jumping into someone else's battle. Personally, I think that's just the right thing to do whether you're a level 7 or a level 57.

2) Do your best to take care of yourself - Don't expect the other wizard(s) to heal you. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep ourselves healed in a battle.

3) Never waste another wizard's trap on a small spell! Enemies in Celestia gain pips so fast that it's a lot more difficult to build a spell with traps and blades as you can in other areas. That's why it's a lot more annoying when they're wasted.

4) Also, please pay attention to any battle advice the higher level wizards give you. I know that sounds patronizing, but I learned a great deal from watching higher level wizards when I first started out.

I will say that some of the grands in Celestia are being pretty mean to lower level wizards without even giving them a chance. I've seen a lot of namecalling outside of battle, when the lower levels were just looking around. We can't expect them to be courteous to us if we don't set the right example ourselves. Those of us who are adult players, or even older kids, need to remember that the people we're being mean to may be younger kids. Would you want someone to be needlessly rude to your child, or your little brother or sister? A little common courtesy from all of us, regardless of level, would go a long way.

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer

Please read and think upon this message which is 100% TRUE

that Grand masters are WAY too mean to lower level who are only curious of the new world.
i mean seriously
we were ALL beginners once and we all know how exciting it is for a new world to come out.
so grand master need to stop acting like such snobs and set a good example for the younger players.

Samuel Duskmancer-Level 60 Legendary Necromancer
Samuel Dragonsword- Level 60 Legendary Diviner

Listen, I agree with everyone, I remember how exciting it was (when I was a lower level) to get into a new world or whatever happend. I am sorry but the lower levels are starting to get on my nerves a little bit, they jump into battles(but not all of them but some). It gets annoying because I always die when they do that, half the time they abbandon me even when they could help out, sometimes they are life and most likely have the spells to heal me. Some have but the enemies stop them. :( ! and last, when they are in the new world, most of them are looking for higher level freinds to trade with them. That is what really ticks me off!!!!
Jasmine Legend Freind level 60

Survivor
Jun 06, 2010
I don't have a problem with "LOWER LEVELS" because when I started out and was happily greeted by higher KIND players. Now that I am a high level I am as kind as i can be to them. When I got on my low level player the players who were in MarleyBone called me "NOOB" were very mean and cruel. So I have no problem with them.

James GiantGem, Conjurer level 54 ( for now ) 8)
Hunter Spear, Theurgist level 10 ( for now )

Your inner core is your imagination. Keep your imagination full of Life to conjur the greatest creations of Life. Open ideas are a great source of MYTH!