Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noobs have finally done it

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 18, 2009
160
My new hobby is just shield/heal myself when they join and let the add destroy them. Once they are dead I finish the battle which makes them port back.

If we ALL do this routinely I think they will get the idea on what common courtesy is.


Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
1
Okay KI, please limit the ability of Level 48 and under to enter Stormriven. I feel as a Legendary, I have more than earned the right to play there and be able to activate the pylons to do so. However, when I get home from work and want to play, it is primarily low level wizards with one high level. Most don't have open chat so you cannot explain to them the rules. So, repeatedly the bosses heal and it I ultimately have to flee. Then, I go through the process of going to fifteen realms looking for an open spot. Please correct this. It is extremely frustrating.

Thanks!

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
44
Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
40
What I really hate, when low level wiz keep saying heal me. I was L50 then, a L3 guy who had only 21 HP left, kept on saying heal me. I had 4 guys I was fighting because 2 noobs came in and so more monsters. Noobs like to then leave. 4 monsters and a noob kept on saying heal me. i think each world should have a L min, so noobs don't ruin it for players who earn the right. Last world was for L50+, L under 10 should not be there. You should earn it! Dumb people can ruin the game. I am sick of players who join my game and tell me not to hit any monster, they want them. Players bring in friend and tell you to leave so their friend can play. I am there before you, I have control and not you. I have had kids who thought they were big and said," ...you for taking my target" I put the traps on it, its mine target. I bet i have kids older then the ones who think they can push others around. I have karate trophies in real life, I don't get pushed around.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
119
the only time is see the phrase/word "noob" is when an upper level player goes to wiz city, kraken or haunted cave. those players i guess can't fight in their own areas so they go to the "noob" areas to fight?
if you need help in the upper worlds, ask an upper level player, don't import a low level player. if your low level friend needs to level up, help them with their quests.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2009
19
Yes calling novices "noobs" is mean but they always ruin my feints and all of that.I always hate them when they do that so i some times call them "noobs". i know i'm not a grand master or evan a master but i help my friends flint duneeyes and patrick ( i forgot the last name XD )and sometimes a noob comes and use fire cat ( flint and patrick are fire types) and wastes all of the sheilds so we all get mad. So there should be a lvl thing and i think you should be at least lvl 30.

Jared Stormhammer lvl 38 necromencer

Survivor
Aug 25, 2008
12
hunteray09 wrote:
Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!

I have an idea. In the tutorial Merle Ambrose will explain the idea of traps and blades and all of that. There can also yes, be a level arrangement but not in the way you think. Like level 20 they can go to cl if they port. level 10 they can go to dragonspyre or something k? Problem fixed?


Totally. they are getting on my nerves! then they ask to be your friend until you say yes. Also, they die in battle all the time when they join. then you waste all your hard-earned pips to heal them! then you cant tell them anything because they have menu chat. And they use all your traps! I also agree about the tutorial with merle and a minimum lvl for porting. Hopefully this will fix it.
-Keira Winterdust lvl 56 thaumaturge

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
8
Does anyone realize what they're saying? This whole game was made to have fun and if a lower level wants to go to a high lvl area let them! i realize its annoying when they join your battle and get you killed but theres nothing you can do to stop them. Also the whole noob thing.....i used to hear that word a lot when i was stuck in the haunted cave fighting rotting fodders and field guards but then i made it to journeyman and bought sub shortly after. I was always really advanced for every place which made it easy to beat mooshu and dragonspyre. Usually its best to be a noob for a while. And people just critisize them normally like nothing. As someone said before, there are little kids on this game. Would you, as a parent want your child exposed to people typing swears in a creative way (like this: Lo I Eh So-but with any profain word) So yeah....leave lower levels alone and just because they're low lvl doesnt mean they dont have a higher lvl player. most people are mad at lower lvl players because they get them killed or follow them everywhere asking them to take them places. This is annoying but theres an ignore button and also tell them to leave you alone and switch realms. But honestly how bad could they be ? now bye! my fingers are tired

Legendary Theurgist-Adam RavenSong (60)
Adept Necromancer-Scot RavenSong (20)

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
24
charlei wrote:
Okay KI, please limit the ability of Level 48 and under to enter Stormriven. I feel as a Legendary, I have more than earned the right to play there and be able to activate the pylons to do so. However, when I get home from work and want to play, it is primarily low level wizards with one high level. Most don't have open chat so you cannot explain to them the rules. So, repeatedly the bosses heal and it I ultimately have to flee. Then, I go through the process of going to fifteen realms looking for an open spot. Please correct this. It is extremely frustrating.

Thanks!


I do agree with there being a level block for entering CL. My nearly 5 year old (Lvl 36) loves to be 'friends' then teleports and ends up in their fights. I have had to clear her friend list to keep her out of CL. She is a great little fighter with me but hard to explain about not butting in and I have to make her flee sometimes. So much easier if she could not go beyond DS at this stage.

I really think asking before entering a fight should be compulsory - at every level!!!! Or we could have a 'keep out' button to activate before we started?
Re noob- I was asked to help someone one day do a dungeon which I did - then was called a noob because I used the wrong spell - in my innocence at that stage. So rude - so Ijust fled and left him to it :-)

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
WOW! i mean really! just because a lower level is in Celestia doesnt mean its a terrible thing! when Celestia first came out i was there all the time trying to help a friend! also if your so against lower levels taking your traps and stuff dont put them on! use blades chip away at there health dont blame the lower levels for taking traps and jazz. if you put it there then anyone can use it cry us a river. built a bridge. and GET OVER IT!

Defender
Jun 21, 2009
146
This is really dumb. under lvl thirty characters PAY for the game and the grandmasters, masters, et cetera can control ports. Quit complaining because it is nobody's fault but your own.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
bome1 wrote:
This is really dumb. under lvl thirty characters PAY for the game and the grandmasters, masters, et cetera can control ports. Quit complaining because it is nobody's fault but your own.


No actually it is not my fault. My ports are off. The problem is a significant amount of people just don't care. So I have to pay for their refusal to shut down ports. Unfortunately, I can't control the ports of others and that is precisely why people are so upset. We control our friends and our ports.

You pay to play. That doesn't mean you have to have instant access to all worlds. There is a sequence for how you get from Wizard City to Celestia. It is not by porting. It is by questing and obtaining Spiral Keys.

IMO this issue is causing a great rift in the community KI worked so hard to create. It needs to be addressed. I believe KI intended porting to help foster that sense of community by allowing friends to help friends. It is being abused.

I just wish people were not allowed to port forward into worlds they don't hold a key to. I don't. If I need to go forward I get a wizard with access to that world and help.

Megan--formerly Firefan02

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
mom2mykidzcrcj wrote:
bome1 wrote:
This is really dumb. under lvl thirty characters PAY for the game and the grandmasters, masters, et cetera can control ports. Quit complaining because it is nobody's fault but your own.


No actually it is not my fault. My ports are off. The problem is a significant amount of people just don't care. So I have to pay for their refusal to shut down ports. Unfortunately, I can't control the ports of others and that is precisely why people are so upset. We control our friends and our ports.

You pay to play. That doesn't mean you have to have instant access to all worlds. There is a sequence for how you get from Wizard City to Celestia. It is not by porting. It is by questing and obtaining Spiral Keys.

IMO this issue is causing a great rift in the community KI worked so hard to create. It needs to be addressed. I believe KI intended porting to help foster that sense of community by allowing friends to help friends. It is being abused.

I just wish people were not allowed to port forward into worlds they don't hold a key to. I don't. If I need to go forward I get a wizard with access to that world and help.

Megan--formerly Firefan02


Exactly. its people who friend low levels and let them in.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
2
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Thechaosmagician wrote:
DarkLordJordan wrote:
Yes, Celestia is a challenge. And here's an example of why the people who have EARNED the right to be there get annoyed with lower level wizards: I'm a level 58 Necromancer. I had a quest to obtain 3 items from enemies in the Science Center. I had fought 11 of them and only obtained 2 items - I counted. That's how quests in Celestia tend to work. At the end of a battle, when the 2 enemies I was facing had less than 100 health and I had around 400, I was about to cast Scarecrow and end the battle. A low level wizard jumped in, bringing in another enemy. My spell killed the two initial enemies, and then the new one promptly killed me the next round. The low level couldn't heal me and was immediately killed himself, so the whole battle was for nothing. If this were an isolated incident, no big deal. But it's happening WAY too much.

I have no problem with low level wizards going to Celestia to look around and satisfy their curiosity. I don't even mind them joining battles if they practice a little common courtesy. A few tips:

1) ASK before jumping into someone else's battle. Personally, I think that's just the right thing to do whether you're a level 7 or a level 57.

2) Do your best to take care of yourself - Don't expect the other wizard(s) to heal you. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep ourselves healed in a battle.

3) Never waste another wizard's trap on a small spell! Enemies in Celestia gain pips so fast that it's a lot more difficult to build a spell with traps and blades as you can in other areas. That's why it's a lot more annoying when they're wasted.

4) Also, please pay attention to any battle advice the higher level wizards give you. I know that sounds patronizing, but I learned a great deal from watching higher level wizards when I first started out.

I will say that some of the grands in Celestia are being pretty mean to lower level wizards without even giving them a chance. I've seen a lot of namecalling outside of battle, when the lower levels were just looking around. We can't expect them to be courteous to us if we don't set the right example ourselves. Those of us who are adult players, or even older kids, need to remember that the people we're being mean to may be younger kids. Would you want someone to be needlessly rude to your child, or your little brother or sister? A little common courtesy from all of us, regardless of level, would go a long way.

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer


Please read and think upon this message which is 100% TRUE

that Grand masters are WAY too mean to lower level who are only curious of the new world.
i mean seriously
we were ALL beginners once and we all know how exciting it is for a new world to come out.
so grand master need to stop acting like such snobs and set a good example for the younger players.

Samuel Duskmancer-Level 60 Legendary Necromancer
Samuel Dragonsword- Level 60 Legendary Diviner


I dont care that there curious they shouldnt be there!!!!!!!


Well, it is true that sometimes some low level wizard will apparently join in on a battle and waste your combo's up and sometimes there are wizards that join into your battle, get another monster to join then just flee, those are the people that get me mad most of the time and especially in difficult worlds like celestia itself.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2010
29
#1 Lower lvl wizards who go to dragonspire or celestia are noobs. They shouldnt be there, they ruin it for us grandmaters and legends.
#2 Noobs should not have the ablity to wear high lvl clothes or buy them and then change the lvl needed to wear them, leaving just the look.
#3 Yes we all started at lvl 1 but some of us didnt go ask the first grandmaster we could to take us to mooshu or dragonspire. Whanna know why because no low lvl can last a round there but they still accept the quest that belongs to us and they go to our matches and mess us up!
#4 This one really bugs me. Every time i go to wizard city i always see some noobs saying i need a boy or i need a girl. No you dont, for all you know that could be someone's child who are wondering what you mean. Wizard101 is not a dating web site.
So wizards what have we read now #1 do some thing so noobs don't get into our worlds #2 do some thing so noobs don't were our clothing and get our pets #3 do something so noobs don't go into our battles #4 Wizard101 is not a dating web site #5 i didn't talk about this but i will say this now calling someone a noob is rude unless they earn that title .
Oh and before i forget all you legands or grands they help noobs go to celestia or dragonspire. You don't care how important the title of legand or grand is. You worked hard for it don't let others use the same stuff you earned.

Jonathan Walker lvl 60 BalanceJonathan Lifehunter lvl 38 Death

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
hunteray09 wrote:
Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!

I have an idea. In the tutorial Merle Ambrose will explain the idea of traps and blades and all of that. There can also yes, be a level arrangement but not in the way you think. Like level 20 they can go to cl if they port. level 10 they can go to dragonspyre or something k? Problem fixed?


You were a noob yourself. Stop being a little child. If you want to ego trip on your damage numbers, download recount and go join the game of WoW or something else. No one needs you here.

Now, on boss fights were it is absolutely imperative that one use a certain strategy or tactic, and some random person messes it up, I'll have to agree with the OP.

Defender
May 24, 2009
102
i am a level 60 myth and 55 death and i am annoyed by certain things and i am not alone.ONE people using the word noob one time i was in a cl fight a low level ported wasted a trap and called me noob because i didnt storm blade him when i couldnt. TWOlow levels want to be my friend then they want me to gift them a expencive crown item like a dragon mount. THREE the most annoying is when they port when i am doing a misson i get in a fight so do they and they need help.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
7
*sigh*
Good points here by both sides. Personally I solve the problem with one simple step. The first thing I do when I create a character is is turn OFF friend requests. I rarely encounter lower level people or have them randomly join my battles. If I fight with someone who knows what they are doing, I friend them AFTER the battle. I never accept random friend requests.
KI gave us this option so we can have a measure of control over how we experience the game.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
174
My second wizard finally made it to CL - on her own merit, doing quests, no speed leveling. A fellow wizard (about the same level) in the camp asks for help in the grotto - so I friend him, and help. Afterwards I go back to my quest.

Then he ports to me - so ok no problem. But then 2 lower wizard friends of his ports to him (they are a little over 1000 life each.) They start taking dibs on which enemy is theirs - one came with low mana (he said ) and one needed to be healed already... okay so now there's 4 to kill and they don't want me to hit "their" enemy... and who is getting hit? Me! So I didn't care if I did a multi-hit spell and took out "their" guys. When the battle was done - I deleted the new friend - and switched realms.

I'm nice, I always help others when I can. But come on! I have my own "noob" - and I use this word with much affection! I know others who have their own lower wizards... The point is - not all grands and legends are prejudiced against lower levels, and not all "noobs" are "noobs."

But regardless, please - respect other people's fights. Whether in CL or elsewhere in the spiral. Don't get other people killed because you want to speed level.

And I don't really care if lower wizards try to dress "up." I find this amusing because some of the real grands and legends will dress "down" and even change their titles so they don't get all kinds of requests when they go to WC. Change your look all you want - doesn't actually change your level and abilities.

:)
Nora RavenSong lvl 60 balance
Ellie NightWeaver lvl 51 death
Lenora LionHeart lvl 49 myth
Nora SeaStone lvl 18 storm

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
33
wms10 wrote:
Hey, us lower levels like to go to Celestia!
well you cant just say this to change our minds. YOU need to be limited to WC, and krok and then as you go through levels go more through there

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
716
When I hear "wasting our feints and traps" and such, I think to myself...

Apparently you can not win any duels without them. If you cannot defeat an opponent without traps/feint, then, I wonder what kind of n**b is talking when you say 'n**bs have finally done it.'

I suggest you do not strain to think so highly of yourself. Don't want you to suffer an unfortunate stroke or something.

And I know, it only surprises me that KingsIsle has not removed the word n**b yet from chat altogether.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
24
you know its getting to the point where trolls are getting worse than "noobs"
quit complaining about it
last time i checked, you were a "noob" once yourself
if they want to be there then let it be
its definitely not bothering me as much as it is you

Explorer
Mar 04, 2009
75
In my opinion, no level lock for the first 5 worlds. However, to enter the Morgranthe story arc worlds, you must be at least level 48. This would keep people in the first storyline until they defeat malistiare. Then they can travel freely to celestia and the following worlds.

Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
55
I don't mind lower levels coming in :) I usually only make friends with lower levels that have high level characters and therefore understand what to do, or else I add low levels that are willing to listen and learn. With almost 2 legendary characters, I have an idea of what I am doing in battle and even though they do not have the best cards, low level players can still somewhat help out if they use the right spells! My advice is to make the right friends, because people can't port to you if they are not friends with you. And i rarely see low levels wandering around a Celestian area. The few that I have seen are people with high level characters who come for early quick xp :) and if they really bother you THAT much, just change realms. If they try following you, you will most likely be in an other area by the time they choose the realm you are in.

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
dradio1 wrote:
In my opinion, no level lock for the first 5 worlds. However, to enter the Morgranthe story arc worlds, you must be at least level 48. This would keep people in the first storyline until they defeat malistiare. Then they can travel freely to celestia and the following worlds.


you and all of the people out there think of this senario will ya?

scene: grotto early morning not a soul in sight you go inot a boss battle and you dont want to repeat itand you are independant so you like to solo things.

say (you):woot time for another boss battle
say: wait ok lets see...heals check ,spells check all here
later inot the battle
say:oh no i dont have much health left and i used up all my pips trying to kill him phew theres a satyr in my hand but i wont last that long. hey i have a life on! i can call him to help me!

say: text chat: hey no, plz plz port i am about to die
no:Ok i am coming
no: hey i cannot port becuse some geniuses persuaded ki to put a lvl lock on the worlds so your on your own.
say: well dang

and then you die whith the bosses health at 10 left all thanks to the geniuses who are trying for world locks.
in that senario does it sound soooo good to have world locks?