Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noobs have finally done it

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
2
hunteray09 wrote:
Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!


yeah i agree with this....low levels (noob) really do get on your nerves but there is really nothing you can do about it and yeah i hate when you got feints stacked they use something and then they hit like 250 or so just totally wasting a chance at a high attack and noob is not rude it means new player

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
39
i think KI should take the word "noob" because i have a friend who just started playing and grand masters are coming and calling him a noob. reporting does not work because your just reporting ONE mean guy not the thousands of other mean people.

Historian
May 15, 2009
673
terror8868 wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:
Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!


yeah i agree with this....low levels (noob) really do get on your nerves but there is really nothing you can do about it and yeah i hate when you got feints stacked they use something and then they hit like 250 or so just totally wasting a chance at a high attack and noob is not rude it means new player

i have heard of many ppl crying for level blocks on worlds
i am here to say this would N E V E R be done by KI
because everyone who is in celestia has bought subscription or purchased the area and its only fair they get to see the world as well
but i also understand your side too
yes it is annoying when they jump into battles an ruin traps
but you must remember being a "noob" they do not have much experience of the game and do not know any better. but the grand masters take it as a federal offense and yell at them, calling them names,harassing them,etc, etc

the point is you need to think of their feelings too, not just
" oh no a low level he/she is going to do something stupid and ruin the battle" then troll them

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
594
000000000000000o wrote:
i think KI should take the word "noob" because i have a friend who just started playing and grand masters are coming and calling him a noob. reporting does not work because your just reporting ONE mean guy not the thousands of other mean people.

Noob is not a reportable offense. From the FAQ regarding reportable offenses:
Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (KingsIsle will NEVER ask for treasure card(s) in exchange for a code. Trading “cards for codes” is done at the players’ own risk. Codes are either fully public or one time use)

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
125
Has anyone ever heard the phrase:

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words shall never harm me"

I have 12 grandmaster wizards, 4 legendary wizards and I still get called a newbie. I just say thank you. Forget about it, ignore it, say thank you and go on your way. The word means nothing to most people (or SHOULD mean nothing), especially since its so over used.

Rogan Firehammer

Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
8
I'm pretty sure ALL of you made that mistake when you were low lvl and still do. Noob means low level character, so far as I'm consered it's not an insult, just a term. Did you know theres a term for high level player who acts like a noob? Thats an insult (to bad i can't remember what it is).

I have no problom with noobs jumping in battles, it just makes it a bigger challenge. So far as I'm conserned celestia is to easy (so far as I'm conserned it's not even a proper noun). The only time ANYONE jumping in a battle annoys me is when they flee, because they make it harder for you without helping you. But if they do there best to help you i don't see anything wrong with it.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
25
well, we used to be lower level wizards, and people probably complained about us!! i am a level 26, and it didnt take me that long to get there. so i wasnt a noob for very long. if you dont want nobs to be in celestia, just ignore them! :|

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
3
Oh OK, "noobs" might be annoying. But that's because they are new, hence the name "noobs" meaning "new". So maybe, instead of getting angry at them when they use our feints or something we could tell them "Hey, that was my feint and I was gonna use a big spell and kill that. And feints are AWESOME. Sorry, but just so you know." But with the other stuff I DO agree. I don't like it when new players wear CL gear. But, I think that if they are curious they should be allowed to enter CL. This is a large topic and I think that there are many opinions. My opinion is, try to contain your anger and help them understand xD. Once there was a "noob" who used my feint with a wand spell, I was VERY VERY frustrated (he was mute by the way) because I had said "Don't use my traps." and they used all of them.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
336
Firefan02 wrote:
You can't equip/wear gear if you are not the appropriate level.

He is referring to the clothes sold by the lady next to Zeke.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
40
OK, let me start this off, calling people noobs is very rude
I know, I had a few bad exps. with grandmasters when i was new
Some people are mad bcuz they earned to get into cl, and but "noobs" didn't
And i agree, sometimes newbies can ruin a battle
But we ALL want to see the new release!
some magus's and adepts are helpful, bcuz they have other char. and dont ruin your traps

So my idea is, that players under level 48 can come to cl, but just can't join battles. That might help.

For those of you newbies my advice is that if a player asks for help, help them. Just be sure to leave after that

Blaze
level 52 ice grand

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
13
I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not, but something to consider is the fact that if the worlds become level locked as it were, then it would create the 'grinding' situation. Given how low the exp is for fights in W101, could you imagine grinding out one, two...twenty thousand exp? I've had 'noobs' (hate that word, we were all 'noobs' once) join a fight and things get hairy because of an added enemy. But to unleash a diatribe on the offending person is pointless and cruel. It is a game after all, the point is to have fun. And losing fights is a part of that. So, to all you grandmasters and what not out there, suck it up and deal.

Duncan J. - Level 43 Conjurer

(Oh, and if you don't know what a diatribe is, look it up)

Explorer
Dec 20, 2009
52
I agree, but they aren't noobs, they just like to explore other worlds and see the cool enimies and places. Besides, the person your calling a noob could be your best friend.

Duncan DeathDust, lvl 58, With the skeletal drake!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
Rogtim wrote:
Has anyone ever heard the phrase:

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words shall never harm me"

I have 12 grandmaster wizards, 4 legendary wizards and I still get called a newbie. I just say thank you. Forget about it, ignore it, say thank you and go on your way. The word means nothing to most people (or SHOULD mean nothing), especially since its so over used.

Rogan Firehammer


i have herd that phrase but i gotta disagree with it. it should be:
"Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will break my heart"
and ty for someone agreeing with me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
Mhbgc wrote:
I agree, but they aren't noobs, they just like to explore other worlds and see the cool enimies and places. Besides, the person your calling a noob could be your best friend.

Duncan DeathDust, lvl 58, With the skeletal drake!


yes they are noobs. they think they can be in cl but they cant. me and a couple other ppl are planning something that should get noobs outa cl :) whoever wants to know what it is and is higher than lvl 58 come look for me in the base camp
David Stronghunter Legendary Pyromancer
or look for
Jordan Skullfist Level 49 Balance

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
144
Thechaosmagician wrote:
DarkLordJordan wrote:
Yes, Celestia is a challenge. And here's an example of why the people who have EARNED the right to be there get annoyed with lower level wizards: I'm a level 58 Necromancer. I had a quest to obtain 3 items from enemies in the Science Center. I had fought 11 of them and only obtained 2 items - I counted. That's how quests in Celestia tend to work. At the end of a battle, when the 2 enemies I was facing had less than 100 health and I had around 400, I was about to cast Scarecrow and end the battle. A low level wizard jumped in, bringing in another enemy. My spell killed the two initial enemies, and then the new one promptly killed me the next round. The low level couldn't heal me and was immediately killed himself, so the whole battle was for nothing. If this were an isolated incident, no big deal. But it's happening WAY too much.

I have no problem with low level wizards going to Celestia to look around and satisfy their curiosity. I don't even mind them joining battles if they practice a little common courtesy. A few tips:

1) ASK before jumping into someone else's battle. Personally, I think that's just the right thing to do whether you're a level 7 or a level 57.

2) Do your best to take care of yourself - Don't expect the other wizard(s) to heal you. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep ourselves healed in a battle.

3) Never waste another wizard's trap on a small spell! Enemies in Celestia gain pips so fast that it's a lot more difficult to build a spell with traps and blades as you can in other areas. That's why it's a lot more annoying when they're wasted.

4) Also, please pay attention to any battle advice the higher level wizards give you. I know that sounds patronizing, but I learned a great deal from watching higher level wizards when I first started out.

I will say that some of the grands in Celestia are being pretty mean to lower level wizards without even giving them a chance. I've seen a lot of namecalling outside of battle, when the lower levels were just looking around. We can't expect them to be courteous to us if we don't set the right example ourselves. Those of us who are adult players, or even older kids, need to remember that the people we're being mean to may be younger kids. Would you want someone to be needlessly rude to your child, or your little brother or sister? A little common courtesy from all of us, regardless of level, would go a long way.

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer


Please read and think upon this message which is 100% TRUE

that Grand masters are WAY too mean to lower level who are only curious of the new world.
i mean seriously
we were ALL beginners once and we all know how exciting it is for a new world to come out.
so grand master need to stop acting like such snobs and set a good example for the younger players.

Samuel Duskmancer-Level 60 Legendary Necromancer
Samuel Dragonsword- Level 60 Legendary Diviner


I agree, this talk of lower levels joining grands or legends in celestia being called 'noobs' is plain flat out RUDE. If the people you're playing with can hold their own in a fight dont mock and bully them.

-Kenneth Frostwalker
Magus Thaumaturge Level 36

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
116
hey we pay real money you know! and if they port it means they think they can go for free! BUT THIR ARE WRONG!
If we pay real money and we can go there that doen't mean the lower level wizards can go there without paying or porting to us.
how would you feel if you pay and someone goes on your acumant ( and you can't change password ) and play on it with out asking or
they come on your accument and they change the password (so you can''t log)
and you have to pay ( real money remember )? It is just like that
We feel we are getting robed by banditse.
So thats why we don't want to be thire friends thats why we tell or another word complain.If you think that is not true or you think its funny
lets see how will you feel if we do that to YOU!


1. If you have a subscription all places are "free" areas. So have already paid.
2. If they are paying by area, like you apparently are, they have to still buy the area in order to port there, even when trying to port to a friend.

Nothing is being stolen and you aren't being cheated in anyway.

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
116
Queenlillia56 wrote:
Seriously? Well.

'Noob' is not a mean word. It is another word for 'Newbie'. Just more slang.

I agree that it might be annoying to have to rescue the 'Noob' every time in battle. "OOPS! I am in battle! Someone HELP!"

If you are so sick of it, just walk away.

Don't save them. Don't heal them. Just leave them there. They will learn their lesson.

-Scarlet Willow level 53 Grandmaster Sorcerer



The word Noob is a derogotory term meant to belittle and insult, I believe it should be blocked from the chat as any other mean spirited word would be. It comes from the term Newbie, as you say, which is short for New Boy. Which was used in boarding schools and the military to say 'I can't be bothered to learn your name'. It shouldn't be used to refer to anyone, it is just mean.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
11
Thechaosmagician wrote:
DarkLordJordan wrote:
Yes, Celestia is a challenge. And here's an example of why the people who have EARNED the right to be there get annoyed with lower level wizards: I'm a level 58 Necromancer. I had a quest to obtain 3 items from enemies in the Science Center. I had fought 11 of them and only obtained 2 items - I counted. That's how quests in Celestia tend to work. At the end of a battle, when the 2 enemies I was facing had less than 100 health and I had around 400, I was about to cast Scarecrow and end the battle. A low level wizard jumped in, bringing in another enemy. My spell killed the two initial enemies, and then the new one promptly killed me the next round. The low level couldn't heal me and was immediately killed himself, so the whole battle was for nothing. If this were an isolated incident, no big deal. But it's happening WAY too much.

I have no problem with low level wizards going to Celestia to look around and satisfy their curiosity. I don't even mind them joining battles if they practice a little common courtesy. A few tips:

1) ASK before jumping into someone else's battle. Personally, I think that's just the right thing to do whether you're a level 7 or a level 57.

2) Do your best to take care of yourself - Don't expect the other wizard(s) to heal you. Sometimes it's all we can do to keep ourselves healed in a battle.

3) Never waste another wizard's trap on a small spell! Enemies in Celestia gain pips so fast that it's a lot more difficult to build a spell with traps and blades as you can in other areas. That's why it's a lot more annoying when they're wasted.

4) Also, please pay attention to any battle advice the higher level wizards give you. I know that sounds patronizing, but I learned a great deal from watching higher level wizards when I first started out.

I will say that some of the grands in Celestia are being pretty mean to lower level wizards without even giving them a chance. I've seen a lot of namecalling outside of battle, when the lower levels were just looking around. We can't expect them to be courteous to us if we don't set the right example ourselves. Those of us who are adult players, or even older kids, need to remember that the people we're being mean to may be younger kids. Would you want someone to be needlessly rude to your child, or your little brother or sister? A little common courtesy from all of us, regardless of level, would go a long way.

Tatiana Nightshade
Level 58 Necromancer


Please read and think upon this message which is 100% TRUE

that Grand masters are WAY too mean to lower level who are only curious of the new world.
i mean seriously
we were ALL beginners once and we all know how exciting it is for a new world to come out.
so grand master need to stop acting like such snobs and set a good example for the younger players.

Samuel Duskmancer-Level 60 Legendary Necromancer
Samuel Dragonsword- Level 60 Legendary Diviner


Thank you those who are standing up for the lower levels I once teleported to a friend, then went over to the stormriven place where random bosses come. I joined a fight. And I was insulted like crazy. Now, I had a grandmaster life and was just trying to have fun on a weak game I started playing (I stopped it). One person had sympathy, and that was balance legendary Michael Lionhunter. So thanx. But like said above, WE ALL STARTED AS LEVEL 1 PLAYERS PEOPLE! :x :x So lets get this straight. You go from a lvl 1 to a lvl 5 to a lvl 7 to a lvl 8 to a lvl 10 to a lvl 12 to a lvl 16 to a lvl 18 to a lvl 22 to a lvl 26 to a lvl 28 to a lvl 33 to a lvl 38 to a lvl 42 to a lvl 48 to a lvl 58 to lvl 60. You gain spells along the spiral at the levels mentioned (Not lvl 60). So treat everyone equally and a lower lvl might just stop going into your fight when you insult them because they know you won't make it. Do that and we will all be :D. XD

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
130
there are too sides with lots of reasons, we try to stop this
but we can't stop because we all stand on eatch over i mean that first low level wizards go to worlds they shouldn't go then we get anoyed and then we try to make them do thire quest but then athers are protecting them and then we try to get the pretecrtors to out side and get low level wizards ( those who are not in the write world ) still we want to get them to do thire quests

so there is no point of fighting as we say ( those who are getting annyed ) if they stop annoying us we will stop the complaiment

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
28
hunteray09 wrote:
Ok guys some of you saying noob is bad for calling people well yes I do agree. I have gotten so mad over the days though. It just made me feel like I had to say it cause I was so mad. What i'm saying is, explore if curious but PLZ PLZ leave us grands legendaries higher lvls etc. alone! We won't bother you if you don't bother us! Plz just stay out of our buisness and don't annoy us. The only reason people say "noob" is cause they are annoyed or are just mean lol. So plz don't take this the wrong way.


People say noob because it's shorter that saying 'newbie' or 'new person.' That's all it is, it's not a derogatory remark.

-R. Darkriver
Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
28
hunteray09 wrote:
DouDou123 wrote:
You know how many ppl like you always say that? And we will fight back! Just becuase your Grand or Legendary doesn't mean your the "King of the World" either. Its descrimination and rude. You started off as a low level wizard. You are just starting something that should've stayed sealed. According to the Gittysbhurg address, "All Men Are Created Equal". And thats NO difference i repeat NO difference in a game. It does not matter wat kind of person you are. I agree it might be annoying but your putting it in a state like your throwing a tantrum! You don't need to be harsh! This game is supposed to by Fun Excting and yes filled with Nice People. And how do you know how low levels feel like? How do you know they just want to wear a Celetia Badge for pride and not to show off? You know what? Almost all high level wizards are the same. Most of you are never nice to lower level wizards. It's wrong and mean. I just can't stand it. And any wizard with enough crownz can by a Celetia pet in the Crown Shop! THe Sea Dragon, Spiny fish! I just don't understand why high levels have to be like this. *shakes head* :? :? :?


It seems you did not read my new post on this topic. IT IS OK TO EXPLORE. I don't care. Most of you are nice. But there are some pretty rotten ones that ruin my day and I take it out on all lower levels. ( I shouldn't. ) Yes buy crown items and all of that you guys are getting the wrong idea! Some people do not know how to fight or are just plain annoying! Some are immature like saying things that I will not repeat. Also we have two other problems: Battling and plain jealousy. Ok for battling there are rank 9 and 10. A new person joins it brings another and they can't help and end up dying or fleeing! They waste traps, feints and all of that! Then they jealousy. Someone on the message boards said it was not fair we were in celestia and he wasn't. We GAINED this! We worked so hard for it and to have someone say they should make it for all levels?!?! He also said they should take out the moon school cause he was not a high enough level and could not have it. IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU! You want to go to cl? Then get there with quests! Port to a friend and explore. I am fine with that! But plz do not joon battles!

James skull wielder
legendary necromancer
~Death is the future life is the past~

I agree with you on both parts. Yes, noobs should be allowed to teleport to a world they haven't unlocked yet just to explore the new world. I did that when I was a level 20 and wanted to explore MS, but I didn't disturb anybody's fights or make a fight of my own. I knew better. What I'm trying to say is: Teleport to a new land if you like, just don't get into any fights. If you haven't unlocked the world yet, chances are you're not ready for it!

-R. DarkRiver
Necromancer

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
336
Johnist wrote:
000000000000000o wrote:
i think KI should take the word "noob" because i have a friend who just started playing and grand masters are coming and calling him a noob. reporting does not work because your just reporting ONE mean guy not the thousands of other mean people.

Noob is not a reportable offense. From the FAQ regarding reportable offenses:
Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (KingsIsle will NEVER ask for treasure card(s) in exchange for a code. Trading “cards for codes” is done at the players’ own risk. Codes are either fully public or one time use)

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

if you reported every single person that says noob, over half of W101 will be banned

Defender
May 17, 2009
144
dream2dust wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:
Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!


I do believe this is one of the most immature post I've read on here. REAL people pay with REAL money to buy crowns to obtain the Celestian pets and mounts that they get from the crowns-shop which is available to ALL players; not just the legendary wizards. I think a lot of the upper levels have gotten extremely territorial over the new world, and have forgotten that they too used to be a curious "noob" at one point in time. I've personally haven't had any problems with any initiates, adepts, or magus wizards joining battles, but I do have a problem with high-levels acting smug to the curious wizards who just want to see Celestia. Also, I have yet to see anyone with badges or gear from Celestia who were not level 48 or higher.

-Jessica SkullSlinger
Legendary Necromancer


Incorrect. While we all were once noobs, who ever said we were all curious? When I first started playing, I didn't go to high level worlds I couldn't reach, and I always did some side quests so that when I earned my way to the higher worlds I could be of help to people. I also tried to listen to better or more experienced people when they told me to do something. Now, take a person that is the exact opposite of me, and you have what we grands and legendaries are complaining about. I understand your grief, but you're taking this post the wrong way, because we are not territorial.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2009
3
You know it's only a game. You don't really get killed. Right? I don't play every day because I do other things. Because I don't play every day I frequently lose my online friends, so I make new ones. Sometimes these "noobs" help and sometimes they don't. And sometimes they port to me at the end of the battle. I understand that people pay a lot of money to play this game so I don't take offense. If the "noobs" are bothering you play on a realm like Torrence where very few people play. This way no one will bother you.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
589
ripleyrocks123 wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:
Ok guys some of you saying noob is bad for calling people well yes I do agree. I have gotten so mad over the days though. It just made me feel like I had to say it cause I was so mad. What i'm saying is, explore if curious but PLZ PLZ leave us grands legendaries higher lvls etc. alone! We won't bother you if you don't bother us! Plz just stay out of our buisness and don't annoy us. The only reason people say "noob" is cause they are annoyed or are just mean lol. So plz don't take this the wrong way.


People say noob because it's shorter that saying 'newbie' or 'new person.' That's all it is, it's not a derogatory remark.

-R. Darkriver
Necromancer


you are probably not a high lvl. all high lvls no its because we get annoyed