Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Noobs have finally done it

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
slammer111 wrote:
dradio1 wrote:
In my opinion, no level lock for the first 5 worlds. However, to enter the Morgranthe story arc worlds, you must be at least level 48. This would keep people in the first storyline until they defeat malistiare. Then they can travel freely to celestia and the following worlds.


you and all of the people out there think of this senario will ya?

scene: grotto early morning not a soul in sight you go inot a boss battle and you dont want to repeat itand you are independant so you like to solo things.

say (you):woot time for another boss battle
say: wait ok lets see...heals check ,spells check all here
later inot the battle
say:oh no i dont have much health left and i used up all my pips trying to kill him phew theres a satyr in my hand but i wont last that long. hey i have a life on! i can call him to help me!

say: text chat: hey no, plz plz port i am about to die
no:Ok i am coming
no: hey i cannot port becuse some geniuses persuaded ki to put a lvl lock on the worlds so your on your own.
say: well dang

and then you die whith the bosses health at 10 left all thanks to the geniuses who are trying for world locks.
in that senario does it sound soooo good to have world locks?


The problem is, I'm pretty sure most people would call their grand and legend friends for help first.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
5
mat567010 wrote:
Firefan02 wrote:
You can't equip/wear gear if you are not the appropriate level.

I really wish people would stop using "noob" it is rude. Every single one of us started at level one. Many things people complain about are PLAYER behavior issues. A rude, inconsiderate player is just that. Give me their wiz and it will be nice.

Megan
yea i agree with you because wizard101 is a game to call people nice things not bad


Megan, it ruins the game when you get the lower level people coming to Celestia and doing all their stuff. I've deleted all my friends below level 50 to keep them from porting to me and wish everyone else would do the same as well. When we call them NOOB it's not so much of an insult but description of their inexperience. You certainly seem to be a sensitive one aren't you. I consider everyone under level 50 to be a noob, people level 50 and up are not noobs.

Tarlac Frogbreath

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
5
What exactly is a noob anyway. I hear the word flung around all the time. Here I'm level 60 and am still called a noob. To me a noob is anyone under level 50. All my friends below level 50 have been defriended not because I have anything against them but because when I'm fighting in Celestia and have put traps on all the monsters and am ready to make the final kill of them all a noob will port in and waste all my traps with a really weak spell or wand spell then either port out or get killed with me getting killed also. The noob is too weak to fight the monsters, cannot heal me or only has a weak pixie healing spell which does me no good. If you noobs want to port into Celestia to check it out, fine, but don't get into the battles because you'll only make people mad. Respect is a two way street. You will get respect if you give it. Porting into a battle you're not prepared to fight is rude and it creates resentment from the higher levels. Many times I've gone into the easier worlds, jumped into a fight to help the noobs just to be nice and will continue to do so. Some of the higher level people will not do that because they are upset by your rudeness. In truth, us higher level guys are not any better than you lower level guys because we began at your levels too, but we have earned our way to the higher levels and don't want our battles messed up. To everyone, be nice, it's only a game and if you cause hostility it is no longer fun for anyone. Lay off the insults and hostility.

Morgrim Ghoststalker - level 60 Legendary Necromancer

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
slammer111 wrote:
dradio1 wrote:
In my opinion, no level lock for the first 5 worlds. However, to enter the Morgranthe story arc worlds, you must be at least level 48. This would keep people in the first storyline until they defeat malistiare. Then they can travel freely to celestia and the following worlds.


you and all of the people out there think of this senario will ya?

scene: grotto early morning not a soul in sight you go inot a boss battle and you dont want to repeat itand you are independant so you like to solo things.

say (you):woot time for another boss battle
say: wait ok lets see...heals check ,spells check all here
later inot the battle
say:oh no i dont have much health left and i used up all my pips trying to kill him phew theres a satyr in my hand but i wont last that long. hey i have a life on! i can call him to help me!

say: text chat: hey no, plz plz port i am about to die
no:Ok i am coming
no: hey i cannot port becuse some geniuses persuaded ki to put a lvl lock on the worlds so your on your own.
say: well dang

and then you die whith the bosses health at 10 left all thanks to the geniuses who are trying for world locks.
in that senario does it sound soooo good to have world locks?


Sounds just fine to me. It has happened to me without world locks. That is life.

First off- depending on their level and deck setup your life friend may not be able to heal you or kill boss so you die anyway.

Second- you die heal up go back and try again. I have done that lots. At times option two can be a pain but, it has forced me to be a better player. It has made me learn new ways of getting things done.

Megan

Defender
May 17, 2009
144
slammer111 wrote:
dradio1 wrote:
In my opinion, no level lock for the first 5 worlds. However, to enter the Morgranthe story arc worlds, you must be at least level 48. This would keep people in the first storyline until they defeat malistiare. Then they can travel freely to celestia and the following worlds.


you and all of the people out there think of this senario will ya?

scene: grotto early morning not a soul in sight you go inot a boss battle and you dont want to repeat itand you are independant so you like to solo things.

say (you):woot time for another boss battle
say: wait ok lets see...heals check ,spells check all here
later inot the battle
say:oh no i dont have much health left and i used up all my pips trying to kill him phew theres a satyr in my hand but i wont last that long. hey i have a life on! i can call him to help me!

say: text chat: hey no, plz plz port i am about to die
no:Ok i am coming
no: hey i cannot port becuse some geniuses persuaded ki to put a lvl lock on the worlds so your on your own.
say: well dang

and then you die whith the bosses health at 10 left all thanks to the geniuses who are trying for world locks.
in that senario does it sound soooo good to have world locks?


You think of this scenario:

You go into a fight. You are at low health but you are ready to kill the monsters. A random low level you don't know comes in a summons another monster who kills you.
In that scenario doesn't it really sound good to have world locks?

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
962
slammer111 wrote:
dradio1 wrote:
In my opinion, no level lock for the first 5 worlds. However, to enter the Morgranthe story arc worlds, you must be at least level 48. This would keep people in the first storyline until they defeat malistiare. Then they can travel freely to celestia and the following worlds.


you and all of the people out there think of this senario will ya?

scene: grotto early morning not a soul in sight you go inot a boss battle and you dont want to repeat itand you are independant so you like to solo things.

say (you):woot time for another boss battle
say: wait ok lets see...heals check ,spells check all here
later inot the battle
say:oh no i dont have much health left and i used up all my pips trying to kill him phew theres a satyr in my hand but i wont last that long. hey i have a life on! i can call him to help me!

say: text chat: hey no, plz plz port i am about to die
no:Ok i am coming
no: hey i cannot port becuse some geniuses persuaded ki to put a lvl lock on the worlds so your on your own.
say: well dang

and then you die whith the bosses health at 10 left all thanks to the geniuses who are trying for world locks.
in that senario does it sound soooo good to have world locks?


I'm not sure if I clicked the "submit" or exited out before submitting this mssage last time, but most people would get a grand or legend freind to to port to them.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
melen wrote:
wms10 wrote:
Hey, us lower levels like to go to Celestia!
well you cant just say this to change our minds. YOU need to be limited to WC, and krok and then as you go through levels go more through there


Im not saying you shouldnt EXPLORE! but most never just explore

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
794
hunt1199 wrote:
Does anyone realize what they're saying? This whole game was made to have fun and if a lower level wants to go to a high lvl area let them! i realize its annoying when they join your battle and get you killed but theres nothing you can do to stop them. Also the whole noob thing.....i used to hear that word a lot when i was stuck in the haunted cave fighting rotting fodders and field guards but then i made it to journeyman and bought sub shortly after. I was always really advanced for every place which made it easy to beat mooshu and dragonspyre. Usually its best to be a noob for a while. And people just critisize them normally like nothing. As someone said before, there are little kids on this game. Would you, as a parent want your child exposed to people typing swears in a creative way (like this: Lo I Eh So-but with any profain word) So yeah....leave lower levels alone and just because they're low lvl doesnt mean they dont have a higher lvl player. most people are mad at lower lvl players because they get them killed or follow them everywhere asking them to take them places. This is annoying but theres an ignore button and also tell them to leave you alone and switch realms. But honestly how bad could they be ? now bye! my fingers are tired

Legendary Theurgist-Adam RavenSong (60)
Adept Necromancer-Scot RavenSong (20)
your right, these people have no idea what they're actually doing. i mean they were novices once themselves, and dont tell me you didnt used to port to friends in high places then, people. why this post was even allowed ill never know (no offense to the guy who wrote it, its just the topic ticks me off I: ) cya in the spiral,
paul stormglade lvl 60 diviner
paul ironflame lvl 50 pyromancer
paul frostmancer lvl 5 thaumaturge
paul deathwielder lvl 5 necromancer

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
121
dream2dust wrote:
hunteray09 wrote:
Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!


I do believe this is one of the most immature post I've read on here. REAL people pay with REAL money to buy crowns to obtain the Celestian pets and mounts that they get from the crowns-shop which is available to ALL players; not just the legendary wizards. I think a lot of the upper levels have gotten extremely territorial over the new world, and have forgotten that they too used to be a curious "noob" at one point in time. I've personally haven't had any problems with any initiates, adepts, or magus wizards joining battles, but I do have a problem with high-levels acting smug to the curious wizards who just want to see Celestia. Also, I have yet to see anyone with badges or gear from Celestia who were not level 48 or higher.

-Jessica SkullSlinger
Legendary Necromancer


Jessica just stole everything I was going to say.

lvl 38 pyromancer
Hunter Wild Horn

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
346
hunteray09 wrote:
Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!

I have an idea. In the tutorial Merle Ambrose will explain the idea of traps and blades and all of that. There can also yes, be a level arrangement but not in the way you think. Like level 20 they can go to cl if they port. level 10 they can go to dragonspyre or something k? Problem fixed?
Yeah, we gained there!Also some noobs come there just to see other places because they cant finish WC.The bigger problem is them joining CL battles.Always they mess up your traps.Shouldnt noobs just go on, do their quests(not in CL),and stop breaking the game.Anyone who friends a noob should be deleted.Ok guys some of you saying noob is bad for calling people well yes I do agree. I have gotten so mad over the days though. It just made me feel like I had to say it cause I was so mad. What i'm saying is, explore if curious but PLZ PLZ leave us grands legendaries higher lvls etc. alone! We won't bother you if you don't bother us! Plz just stay out of our buisness and don't annoy us. The only reason people say "noob" is cause they are annoyed or are just mean lol. So plz don't take this the wrong way. You dont get the point. When noobs are in CL they can sometimes be mean.Especially a level 1.So what are you gonna do about it when they call you mean stuff over and over?

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
10
I read 3 posts and was annoyed by the posts.
You know what makes a great player? One who can adapt to any situation and roll with it. Deal with the lower levels coming in and play your game.
It is a game right. So what your wizard dies and you have to try again. Big deal, maybe you need to set your deck better. I don't care if they come in and play or not. They are learning. You know the best way to not get the lower levels in? Stop allowing them to port to you. If you don't want to be bothered turn the port off. If you need help turn it on and off at your convenience.

I seriously doubt KI is going to change this because a few people of the 15 million that play this game, complain about how they died in battle due to a lower level.

Seriously, its a game. Learn how to fight efficiently, learn the trick and tactics and move on.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
345
bionaknight wrote:
hunt1199 wrote:
Does anyone realize what they're saying? This whole game was made to have fun and if a lower level wants to go to a high lvl area let them! i realize its annoying when they join your battle and get you killed but theres nothing you can do to stop them. Also the whole noob thing.....i used to hear that word a lot when i was stuck in the haunted cave fighting rotting fodders and field guards but then i made it to journeyman and bought sub shortly after. I was always really advanced for every place which made it easy to beat mooshu and dragonspyre. Usually its best to be a noob for a while. And people just critisize them normally like nothing. As someone said before, there are little kids on this game. Would you, as a parent want your child exposed to people typing swears in a creative way (like this: Lo I Eh So-but with any profain word) So yeah....leave lower levels alone and just because they're low lvl doesnt mean they dont have a higher lvl player. most people are mad at lower lvl players because they get them killed or follow them everywhere asking them to take them places. This is annoying but theres an ignore button and also tell them to leave you alone and switch realms. But honestly how bad could they be ? now bye! my fingers are tired

Legendary Theurgist-Adam RavenSong (60)
Adept Necromancer-Scot RavenSong (20)


your right, these people have no idea what they're actually doing. i mean they were novices once themselves, and dont tell me you didnt used to port to friends in high places then, people. why this post was even allowed ill never know (no offense to the guy who wrote it, its just the topic ticks me off I: ) cya in the spiral,
paul stormglade lvl 60 diviner
paul ironflame lvl 50 pyromancer
paul frostmancer lvl 5 thaumaturge
paul deathwielder lvl 5 necromancer


Go look back to Sept 24 or there about. There was a Feedback Friday on this very issue, much more tactfully put. I believe KI is working on solving this growing problem and tensions.

I don't know a single player, myself included that has a huge problem with people porting to and helping their friends.

My Life did go to new spots to help her friends. My Death went once. My Storm and Ice never have. So no not everybody does it. I have friends who refuse to go to an area they have not unlocked.

The problem is people who port in, run a muck and mark a spot returning time and time again. KI has set forth a game plan for unlocking and going to new worlds. You don't do it by porting to friends. You do it by questing. Many people have said to me this is the only game they play you can circumvent that by porting. World locks would force those people to follow the game sequence.

Every game we buy has a way to play it and win. Buying the game does not mean you get to circumvent that. You buy access to the worlds. I don't believe the access is instant. It is granted as you open them by questing.

Megan-formerly Firefan02

Survivor
May 14, 2010
18
I agree with a lot of what i have been reading. Everyone needs to be nice to eachother.

They definetly need to add level limiters to world. such as level 30+ to enter celestia base camp. level 45+ to enter the other areas of celestia. level 50+ to enter the dungeons.

Even with friend ports they shouldnt be able to enter unless they the right level. This way they have some experience when they enter the area. Even if it is just to look around.

Other worlds could have limits also but Celestia is a must, at least the areas thats not the base camp.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
160
I guess low levels (i'm not talking 15+, i'm talking level 1's and 3's, basically 10-) should STAY AWAY. I mean, you won't get shocked by lighting if you just ASK if you can join, right? I'm sort of here and there about the world lock, but those novices, and apprentices, consider it. Would you want to have your 48+ friend delete you, or let them say "no" but still be your friend?
So i guess i would say level 15+ can port to Celestia.

Defender
May 17, 2009
144
To all you people their saying, "It's the person, not the level they are at that matters." EVERY...SINGLE...NOOB I have seen in Celestia or Dragonspyre has been rude and uncaring. If I ask them nicely to go back, they say no, if I tell them to go back, they say no and tell me to go, if I call them a noob, they call me a noob, and if I ask them to not join the battle or to flee a boss fight, they say no and intentionally waste my traps, spam I need healing, etc. etc. The only time a noob fled a battle when I asked them to was one time and even then they spam asked my to be their friend, "Because I fled now add me or I will report you." So all you people saying, "It's the person, not the level they are at that matters," it does matter what level they are at, because they are ALWAYS rude. I think a better solution than a level lock would be a higher threat rating. For example, if a level 9 joined my fight, the bosses would instantly start attacking him instead of me, because he doesn't have the spiral key.

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
121
maxitola2009 wrote:
To all you people their saying, "It's the person, not the level they are at that matters." EVERY...SINGLE...NOOB I have seen in Celestia or Dragonspyre has been rude and uncaring. If I ask them nicely to go back, they say no, if I tell them to go back, they say no and tell me to go, if I call them a noob, they call me a noob, and if I ask them to not join the battle or to flee a boss fight, they say no and intentionally waste my traps, spam I need healing, etc. etc. The only time a noob fled a battle when I asked them to was one time and even then they spam asked my to be their friend, "Because I fled now add me or I will report you." So all you people saying, "It's the person, not the level they are at that matters," it does matter what level they are at, because they are ALWAYS rude. I think a better solution than a level lock would be a higher threat rating. For example, if a level 9 joined my fight, the bosses would instantly start attacking him instead of me, because he doesn't have the spiral key.


This is the thing, all of you high lvls are being so territorial over Celestia. When a low lvl comes to a higher world, they want to see it and enjoy it. You guys have a point that the low lvls are being anoying, but everything isnt always the way you want it to be. also, its the person and the lvl that is anoying. You high lvls act so babyish. I bet you the word babyish made you angry. Exacly, people like watching other people get high tempered. If you want them to stop, how about stoping the word NOOB going on every post. I hope that helped.

lvl 39 pyromancer
Hunter Wild Horn
"With friends,
everything is possible"

Defender
Dec 24, 2009
188

To all you people their saying, "It's the person, not the level they are at that matters." EVERY...SINGLE...NOOB I have seen in Celestia or Dragonspyre has been rude and uncaring.

Every single one? You've met them all, every single one...? Sweeping generalizations are seldom true.

If I ask them nicely to go back, they say no, if I tell them to go back, they say no and tell me to go,

Normally, I'm not rude. But if someone started bossing me around and telling me what to do, I might get annoyed and snap back. I have multiple wizards--even if the one I'm playing looks "low," my experience with the game isn't. That "low level" wizard may know much more than you think, and may be vastly more helpful than you want to credit. Have you considered that your approach to these lower levels is rude and aggressive to begin with...? Maybe they are responding to your superiority complex and rudeness with rudeness of their own.

if I call them a noob, they call me a noob,

And you find this surprising? You call them a name, and act shocked and dismayed when they return the insult?

and if I ask them to not join the battle or to flee a boss fight, they say no and intentionally waste my traps, spam I need healing, etc. etc.

Is this before, or after you called them a "noob?" You start out by calling them an insult, then you wonder why they get vindictive and call you names? Really? You're that inept at human relations?

How about you don't throw out insults, and set the stage for rudeness, name-calling and revenge? If you don't start it, they probably won't either.

Fighting around an inexperienced lower level is not that hard. If they keep saying "I need healing" and I can't (or won't) heal them, then I just ignore them. They're either dead or shortly about to die. I'm under no obligation, so I let them go and get on with my battle. (I do tend to be polite, so I just tell them, "Sorry, I can't heal you now," and get on with my battle.) While they're alive, I use them as cannon fodder and heal myself or set up my attack with blades. While they nick the mobs with their inadequate, low level spells, I can enjoy a few rounds of not being pounded. I just don't use my traps until after the lower level dies, or after I see that he's not going to trigger it in this round (and I'm ready to strike in the next round).

The only time a noob fled a battle when I asked them to was one time and even then they spam asked my to be their friend, "Because I fled now add me or I will report you."

This one person was a jerk. If I died and you told me to flee, I probably wouldn't. (I'm dead, not hurting you, and why is it such a big deal if I stick around to watch the battle play out?) If I was still alive, I definitely wouldn't flee. Why? Because so long as I'm alive, I can be of help you. All of my wizards have healing spells, so I can heal myself. I can also heal you and shield you. I can take a few hits for you. If I leave, you have the extra mob to strike at you, and no help whatsoever.

The only time I would leave a battle if asked, is if you are saving a place for a friend and the battle circle is full. If you nicely explained that, I probably would leave for that reason (especially if I was dead or near death). But not if you're rude and insulting.

So all you people saying, "It's the person, not the level they are at that matters," it does matter what level they are at, because they are ALWAYS rude.

I say again, I think half your problem is that you are behaving in a rude, condescending way. People react according to the way you treat them. Be nice, and you may be shocked to discover that most people in the game are also pretty nice and helpful. Act like a jerk, and you will find world after world full of people reflecting your jerkdom right back at you.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
8
hunteray09 wrote:
Well yeah. Noobs have finally taken over the spiral. Wearing gear that is not for their sort of level, messing up things like wasting feints in higher worlds, and have just been plain annoying. I know many grands and legendarys agree with me while some people will try to fight back. Well don't beacause you are probably a low level wizard and don't know what you do to us that make us mad! Really though there SHOULD and HAVE to be a level limit. There are noobs all over showing off their celestian badges, gear, pets, etc. I am plain tired of it! They think they are awesome! One person even thinks it's unfair that us higher levels have the ability to go to celestia! He hates the moon school cause they use it in pvp and he can't! We have GAINED this. So stop saying it is "unfair" cause it is fair! Plz KI make level arrangements to worlds and gear PLZ!

I have an idea. In the tutorial Merle Ambrose will explain the idea of traps and blades and all of that. There can also yes, be a level arrangement but not in the way you think. Like level 20 they can go to cl if they port. level 10 they can go to dragonspyre or something k? Problem fixed?


In my opinian, that wasn't very nice, besides I was one of those noobs once!!! Don't call them noobs, they're just interested in the other worlds, besides, wizard101 is a virtual world that anyone, in any level, can play, those "noobs" just want to fit in with everyone in wizard101, like any other person in the real world, so give them a chance, they don't mean to be annoying or anything like that, anyone in any level can wear that gear as long as the people in charge of Wizard101 allow them, they don't mean mess things up, they're trying their best, so please, please give them a chance!!!

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
121
Freshta wrote:

To all you people their saying, "It's the person, not the level they are at that matters." EVERY...SINGLE...NOOB I have seen in Celestia or Dragonspyre has been rude and uncaring.

Every single one? You've met them all, every single one...? Sweeping generalizations are seldom true.

If I ask them nicely to go back, they say no, if I tell them to go back, they say no and tell me to go,

Normally, I'm not rude. But if someone started bossing me around and telling me what to do, I might get annoyed and snap back. I have multiple wizards--even if the one I'm playing looks "low," my experience with the game isn't. That "low level" wizard may know much more than you think, and may be vastly more helpful than you want to credit. Have you considered that your approach to these lower levels is rude and aggressive to begin with...? Maybe they are responding to your superiority complex and rudeness with rudeness of their own.

if I call them a noob, they call me a noob,

And you find this surprising? You call them a name, and act shocked and dismayed when they return the insult?

and if I ask them to not join the battle or to flee a boss fight, they say no and intentionally waste my traps, spam I need healing, etc. etc.

Is this before, or after you called them a "noob?" You start out by calling them an insult, then you wonder why they get vindictive and call you names? Really? You're that inept at human relations?

How about you don't throw out insults, and set the stage for rudeness, name-calling and revenge? If you don't start it, they probably won't either.

Fighting around an inexperienced lower level is not that hard. If they keep saying "I need healing" and I can't (or won't) heal them, then I just ignore them. They're either dead or shortly about to die. I'm under no obligation, so I let them go and get on with my battle. (I do tend to be polite, so I just tell them, "Sorry, I can't heal you now," and get on with my battle.) While they're alive, I use them as cannon fodder and heal myself or set up my attack with blades. While they nick the mobs with their inadequate, low level spells, I can enjoy a few rounds of not being pounded. I just don't use my traps until after the lower level dies, or after I see that he's not going to trigger it in this round (and I'm ready to strike in the next round).

The only time a noob fled a battle when I asked them to was one time and even then they spam asked my to be their friend, "Because I fled now add me or I will report you."

This one person was a jerk. If I died and you told me to flee, I probably wouldn't. (I'm dead, not hurting you, and why is it such a big deal if I stick around to watch the battle play out?) If I was still alive, I definitely wouldn't flee. Why? Because so long as I'm alive, I can be of help you. All of my wizards have healing spells, so I can heal myself. I can also heal you and shield you. I can take a few hits for you. If I leave, you have the extra mob to strike at you, and no help whatsoever.

The only time I would leave a battle if asked, is if you are saving a place for a friend and the battle circle is full. If you nicely explained that, I probably would leave for that reason (especially if I was dead or near death). But not if you're rude and insulting.

So all you people saying, "It's the person, not the level they are at that matters," it does matter what level they are at, because they are ALWAYS rude.

I say again, I think half your problem is that you are behaving in a rude, condescending way. People react according to the way you treat them. Be nice, and you may be shocked to discover that most people in the game are also pretty nice and helpful. Act like a jerk, and you will find world after world full of people reflecting your jerkdom right back at you.


Once again, you guys are such babys. Celestia isnt a high lvl club, tell you what every single person that said the word NOOB{this might be the last time I ever say Noob, you should try it} is in JERKDOM you happy now. Its a really anoying thing smart one. And the part where you said every body is as nice and pretty as look like, well the way you are reacting to me makes me feal like choking you. P>S> MIND YOUR LANGUAGE.

Hunter Wild Horn lvl 41 and best bud Mathew Boom Hammer

Defender
May 17, 2009
144
Freshta wrote:

To all you people their saying, "It's the person, not the level they are at that matters." EVERY...SINGLE...NOOB I have seen in Celestia or Dragonspyre has been rude and uncaring.

Every single one? You've met them all, every single one...? Sweeping generalizations are seldom true.

If I ask them nicely to go back, they say no, if I tell them to go back, they say no and tell me to go,

Normally, I'm not rude. But if someone started bossing me around and telling me what to do, I might get annoyed and snap back. I have multiple wizards--even if the one I'm playing looks "low," my experience with the game isn't. That "low level" wizard may know much more than you think, and may be vastly more helpful than you want to credit. Have you considered that your approach to these lower levels is rude and aggressive to begin with...? Maybe they are responding to your superiority complex and rudeness with rudeness of their own.

if I call them a noob, they call me a noob,

And you find this surprising? You call them a name, and act shocked and dismayed when they return the insult?

and if I ask them to not join the battle or to flee a boss fight, they say no and intentionally waste my traps, spam I need healing, etc. etc.

Is this before, or after you called them a "noob?" You start out by calling them an insult, then you wonder why they get vindictive and call you names? Really? You're that inept at human relations?

How about you don't throw out insults, and set the stage for rudeness, name-calling and revenge? If you don't start it, they probably won't either.

Fighting around an inexperienced lower level is not that hard. If they keep saying "I need healing" and I can't (or won't) heal them, then I just ignore them. They're either dead or shortly about to die. I'm under no obligation, so I let them go and get on with my battle. (I do tend to be polite, so I just tell them, "Sorry, I can't heal you now," and get on with my battle.) While they're alive, I use them as cannon fodder and heal myself or set up my attack with blades. While they nick the mobs with their inadequate, low level spells, I can enjoy a few rounds of not being pounded. I just don't use my traps until after the lower level dies, or after I see that he's not going to trigger it in this round (and I'm ready to strike in the next round).

The only time a noob fled a battle when I asked them to was one time and even then they spam asked my to be their friend, "Because I fled now add me or I will report you."

This one person was a jerk. If I died and you told me to flee, I probably wouldn't. (I'm dead, not hurting you, and why is it such a big deal if I stick around to watch the battle play out?) If I was still alive, I definitely wouldn't flee. Why? Because so long as I'm alive, I can be of help you. All of my wizards have healing spells, so I can heal myself. I can also heal you and shield you. I can take a few hits for you. If I leave, you have the extra mob to strike at you, and no help whatsoever.

The only time I would leave a battle if asked, is if you are saving a place for a friend and the battle circle is full. If you nicely explained that, I probably would leave for that reason (especially if I was dead or near death). But not if you're rude and insulting.

So all you people saying, "It's the person, not the level they are at that matters," it does matter what level they are at, because they are ALWAYS rude.

I say again, I think half your problem is that you are behaving in a rude, condescending way. People react according to the way you treat them. Be nice, and you may be shocked to discover that most people in the game are also pretty nice and helpful. Act like a jerk, and you will find world after world full of people reflecting your jerkdom right back at you.


I always act very nice at first. It would go something like this:

Me: I have a question? Is there a reason you are here in Stormriven?
Lower-level: Yes, I want to get lots of gold quickly.
Me: I would appreciate it if you farmed in the world you have unlocked, because some of my friends need to fight these guys for a quest and you are taking up their space.
Lower-level: No you noob *activates the bosses cheat*
Me: Please stop doing that
Lower-level: No *does it again*

This is the point where I usually get bad tempered. Also, I said every single noob I have seen in celestia is rude.

Defender
Dec 24, 2009
188

Once again, you guys are such babys. Celestia isnt a high lvl club, tell you what every single person that said the word NOOB{this might be the last time I ever say Noob, you should try it} is in JERKDOM you happy now. Its a really anoying thing smart one. And the part where you said every body is as nice and pretty as look like, well the way you are reacting to me makes me feal like choking you. P>S> MIND YOUR LANGUAGE.

Why did you take my post to another person and start calling me names? Why did you say that the way I am reacting to you is making you want to choke me? Who are you? I wasn't speaking to you at all. That wasn't your post that I had quoted.

Furthermore, if you read my post (hint: the post I quoted is in bold, my actual words are not bolded), you will see that I was saying calling other people names is what causes rudeness. I don't call people names. Throughout my entire post, where did I call anyone a noob?

Your rant, frankly, seems misplaced and a little incoherent. I'm not sure who you were actually ranting to.

Furthermore, I am quite shocked that this supposedly moderated board allowed a personal attack like "I feel like choking you" to pass.

And now I am addressing a different person, just in case there's any confusion.....

I always act very nice at first. It would go something like this:

Me: I have a question? Is there a reason you are here in Stormriven?
Lower-level: Yes, I want to get lots of gold quickly.
Me: I would appreciate it if you farmed in the world you have unlocked, because some of my friends need to fight these guys for a quest and you are taking up their space.
Lower-level: No you noob *activates the bosses cheat*
Me: Please stop doing that
Lower-level: No *does it again*

This is the point where I usually get bad tempered. Also, I said every single noob I have seen in celestia is rude.


Perhaps I misunderstood your use of the word 'noob.' I don't like that word or the way it's thrown around so often as such a broad insult.

As I read you, it seemed you were calling others 'noobs' when they happened to be lower levels in Celestia. If you are, instead, venting here and calling all the rude people you've encountered 'noobs,' that is a little different.

I agree that there are some very rude people out there, but in general I've been fortunate to only come across nice, helpful people for the most part. Even the lower leveled people I've had come into my fights, mostly, were more of a help than a hinderance. It's possible that you have also fought with lower level people who were helpful to you---so much so that you didn't realize how low they were.

The problem is, some people are rude, and those people turn up at all levels--high, low and everywhere in between.

I guess, in the situation you describe, I'd just flee and leave that rude person (lower level or not) to die all alone. Maybe a few episodes of that will teach them a lesson to be nicer to others. (Although I won't hold my breath.....)

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
121
Freshta wrote:

Once again, you guys are such babys. Celestia isnt a high lvl club, tell you what every single person that said the word NOOB{this might be the last time I ever say Noob, you should try it} is in JERKDOM you happy now. Its a really anoying thing smart one. And the part where you said every body is as nice and pretty as look like, well the way you are reacting to me makes me feal like choking you. P>S> MIND YOUR LANGUAGE.

Why did you take my post to another person and start calling me names? Why did you say that the way I am reacting to you is making you want to choke me? Who are you? I wasn't speaking to you at all. That wasn't your post that I had quoted.

Furthermore, if you read my post (hint: the post I quoted is in bold, my actual words are not bolded), you will see that I was saying calling other people names is what causes rudeness. I don't call people names. Throughout my entire post, where did I call anyone a noob?

Your rant, frankly, seems misplaced and a little incoherent. I'm not sure who you were actually ranting to.

Furthermore, I am quite shocked that this supposedly moderated board allowed a personal attack like "I feel like choking you" to pass.

And now I am addressing a different person, just in case there's any confusion.....

I always act very nice at first. It would go something like this:

Me: I have a question? Is there a reason you are here in Stormriven?
Lower-level: Yes, I want to get lots of gold quickly.
Me: I would appreciate it if you farmed in the world you have unlocked, because some of my friends need to fight these guys for a quest and you are taking up their space.
Lower-level: No you noob *activates the bosses cheat*
Me: Please stop doing that
Lower-level: No *does it again*

This is the point where I usually get bad tempered. Also, I said every single noob I have seen in celestia is rude.


Perhaps I misunderstood your use of the word 'noob.' I don't like that word or the way it's thrown around so often as such a broad insult.

As I read you, it seemed you were calling others 'noobs' when they happened to be lower levels in Celestia. If you are, instead, venting here and calling all the rude people you've encountered 'noobs,' that is a little different.

I agree that there are some very rude people out there, but in general I've been fortunate to only come across nice, helpful people for the most part. Even the lower leveled people I've had come into my fights, mostly, were more of a help than a hinderance. It's possible that you have also fought with lower level people who were helpful to you---so much so that you didn't realize how low they were.

The problem is, some people are rude, and those people turn up at all levels--high, low and everywhere in between.

I guess, in the situation you describe, I'd just flee and leave that rude person (lower level or not) to die all alone. Maybe a few episodes of that will teach them a lesson to be nicer to others. (Although I won't hold my breath.....)


Sorry. When you write a post, you are talking to everybody who reads your post. So, you are talking to everybody,incuding me. Wasnt every body a low lvl once. This TOPIC is rediculis. Did you relize how angry you were when you read my post, thats how angry I felt when I read your post. How should I know you weren't talking to me. P.S. My name is Hunter Wild Horn


Explorer
Dec 10, 2008
57
You are absolutly right. I am a level 60 storm wizard. I went to pvp with this little noob and when i used levathian he said i dont deserve to have it and then said i dont deserve to go to celestia.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
125
I've said it before, I'll say it again:

Let anyone port to Celestia/Dragonspyre, or wherever. If they don't have a key to the world, ANYTHING they do in battle, they will get 1% of the experience points, or less. They can keep or sell any drops they receive.

My bets is that after less than one week, all of these complaining threads go away.

Rogan Firehammer


Defender
Dec 24, 2009
188
Sorry. When you write a post, you are talking to everybody who reads your post. So, you are talking to everybody,incuding me. Wasnt every body a low lvl once. This TOPIC is rediculis. Did you relize how angry you were when you read my post, thats how angry I felt when I read your post. How should I know you weren't talking to me. P.S. My name is Hunter Wild Horn

But it doesn't make sense for you to be angry with me or my post. Why? Because you obviously didn't actually read my post. Either that, or you have a reading comprehension problem.

You see how I quoted you, and set your words apart from mine using bold typeface....? That is what I did with someone else's post, the one that got you all hot and bothered. That is how I set my words apart from the words of others.

So pay attention here, because I've already pointed this out to you (and you ignored it): The bolded parts of my posts (that you are apparently so offended by) are my quotes of SOMEONE ELSE. So, unless you're mad at me for agreeing with you that "noob" isn't a nice thing to call others, and that low level wizards can indeed be helpful ... why are you threatening me with bodily harm?

The parts that made you mad, were written by Maxitola, not by me. I only quoted him and then explained why I think his post wasn't fair. Yeah, that's right. I don't agree with that stance that is in bold. If you had actually read my entire post, you would have seen that.

Go back and actually read what I wrote, the parts that are not in bold. Then, realize that you owe me an apology. You were offensive and rude---the very things you accused me of being---on top of you being 100% WRONG about the point of my entire message.

Next time, read more carefully before you start spitting insults and threats.