Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why dont they have a hair salon in Marleybone?????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
Well, you can actually do that now because the recent update put Hairstyles in the crown shop but they are like, 300 CROWNS which isnt that bad lol

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
Agreed!... It should be 1,000-5,000 gold!! But.... We should also be able to change our looks whenever we want!!!!!!! This is the best idea in the entire world!!!!! KI must and needs to do this idea with changing our looks and hair!!! (Including the color)!

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Ok, they locked another topic similar to this, so let's put up a new one! Many people have this issue and I think it would be a great (possibly best) idea in the history of Wizard101 to put up a hair salon. Professor Greyrose did have in her quote that "with persistence victory is assured"

Many people made mistakes with their character that they cannot undo. Like me, I have grey cut-off hair and must use a hood to cover my face 24-7. My character is a level 90 death and I do not wish to delete him. If people have the same problem, do not give up and write your story below.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
As we all know, recently Wizard101 received a hairstyle update (which was needed), and now we have access to more hairdos. While the new hairstyles are nice, wouldn't it be cool to create our own custom hairstyles? I'm talking about maybe going up to a barber, selecting a starting hairpiece, and maybe adding on braids or twisted hair, etc. (Add on ponytails, custom hair colors, add custom braids, to name a minor few)
Maybe there could be quests to get new ones.
This could be a "hair-raising" idea (yes, I just did that). Anyone else agree or disagree?

From the Desk of Hunter Myth, Legendary Conjurer, Level 61

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
Agreed... We should be able to change our hair, hair color, eyes, and mouth whenever wanted! In my opinion, the hairstyles in the crowns shop are terrible. The idea of changing our hair, hair color, mouth, and eyes whenever wanted is needed now!.. Like literally right now... I am sick of and regret the hair, eyes and mouth I have chosen.. But under no circumstances will I ever delete my character.. I have put much too much effort into her.. She is a level 74 ... Please KI do these ideas now..!

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Agreed :). I would also like to put braids in my normal hair, not just crown shop hair

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
There is one word I want to say: YES!!!

Survivor
Apr 01, 2013
In April (2013) W101 got new air cuts in the crown shop, which is awesome Although, all of the hair cuts are short! I have lots of friends in real life that play this game too, and they keep complaining that the wizards should have longer hair choices for the girls. And for the boys maybe something more modern like a mohawk or spikes or something. Idk. But yeah, I would like the girls to have longer hair

Also is KingsIsle Entertainment Inc. making more levels higher than level 90

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I would completely agree. There is a need for modern hairstyles, and not just from Earth. Maybe there is a need for hairstyles from Marleybone, Mooshu, and maybe even Avalon.

From, Diana Swiftfountain lvl 84

Survivor
May 08, 2009
I noticed that KingsIsle added hair like I've been asking for, except for the fact that you have to spend crowns on it! I've been jonsing for a new set of hair for the wizard creation screen along with new name sets. This would be much better than spending about 500 crowns to make the hair how you like it. Am I right?

-ThomasTheMythLord

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
ThomasTheMythRuler on Jun 24, 2013 wrote:
I noticed that KingsIsle added hair like I've been asking for, except for the fact that you have to spend crowns on it! I've been jonsing for a new set of hair for the wizard creation screen along with new name sets. This would be much better than spending about 500 crowns to make the hair how you like it. Am I right?

-ThomasTheMythLord
Well yeah...we all asked for new hairstyles at the creation screen and at a 'beauty shop' or something. KI decided they would rather make money than keep their wizards happy.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Lots of people did say they'd be willing to pay crowns for this, thou not everyone (including myself).

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Haley MoonHeart on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
Lots of people did say they'd be willing to pay crowns for this, thou not everyone (including myself).

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage Thaumagture
That may be true, I'm always seeing people with hair. I'm just having issues dealing with the price to stitch it to something with STATS so it is useful and not stylish. It was cool for some fashionistas though, I see a lot of people like, " Hey! I got this new hair! :D" I just wished it would be in the creation screen. I am getting sick of the same old hairstyles.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
There has probably been other posts about this but I was just wondering if we were ever going to have any NEW hairstyles coming to the crown shop

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013
SOTW on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
In April (2013) W101 got new air cuts in the crown shop, which is awesome Although, all of the hair cuts are short! I have lots of friends in real life that play this game too, and they keep complaining that the wizards should have longer hair choices for the girls. And for the boys maybe something more modern like a mohawk or spikes or something. Idk. But yeah, I would like the girls to have longer hair

ummm hey sorry if i'm being a pain.... but all hairstyles should be avalible to both genders! I had a mohawk! i know a guy with hair down to his waist!

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I agree with this. It would be nice to have longer hair, I do not like short hair that much.

Survivor
Sep 29, 2012
SOTW on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:

Well i definitely agree, although there will be a lot of bugs to fix, if there was long hair... like if your moving around your back (spine) the hair might go through your body or have some kind of a bug, because this game allows things to go THROUGH you, and it really has a pretty good chance of having a bug like that, with long hair.

Now, if the boys had a mohawk, or even spikes, i would NEVER go for that. It would teach kids to use hair stylizers, And possibly make them into gangsters. Really this game is about wizards, and not about them gangsters, and punks, with all that hair. Most of the bullies at my middle school have mohawks too.

Otherwise, i think it's a great idea!

Nora Night master thaumaturge

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Elite aspect on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
Well i definitely agree, although there will be a lot of bugs to fix, if there was long hair... like if your moving around your back (spine) the hair might go through your body or have some kind of a bug, because this game allows things to go THROUGH you, and it really has a pretty good chance of having a bug like that, with long hair.

Now, if the boys had a mohawk, or even spikes, i would NEVER go for that. It would teach kids to use hair stylizers, And possibly make them into gangsters. Really this game is about wizards, and not about them gangsters, and punks, with all that hair. Most of the bullies at my middle school have mohawks too.

:( I had a frohawk when I was younger, it all depends on your personality I guess. It wasn't me being a bully, we just liked punk and garage bands.

You know what really bugs me? All the boy characters' faces in this game make them look like scowling, surly juvenile delinquents. Except for one, the green eyes one, except he sort of appears to have a squint.

It's bad enough that most of the IRL male players I know have chosen to just make girl wizards instead of trying to pick the least-truculent looking boy wizard face.

I do wish some of the boy-wizard faces looked "normal" and pleasant. I do think other people tend to be more friendly to players with girl characters, because the faces on the girl characters look more friendly and less antisocial.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012

I agree with you, there would be a lot of bugs. And I also agree with you on no mohawks.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2010
I don't think it's fair that we have to use crowns on hairstyles. What about the people who don't want to have to pay money?

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
crunkatog on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:
:( I had a frohawk when I was younger, it all depends on your personality I guess. It wasn't me being a bully, we just liked punk and garage bands.

You know what really bugs me? All the boy characters' faces in this game make them look like scowling, surly juvenile delinquents. Except for one, the green eyes one, except he sort of appears to have a squint.

It's bad enough that most of the IRL male players I know have chosen to just make girl wizards instead of trying to pick the least-truculent looking boy wizard face.

I do wish some of the boy-wizard faces looked "normal" and pleasant. I do think other people tend to be more friendly to players with girl characters, because the faces on the girl characters look more friendly and less antisocial.
Sad, I didn't know that happened. I mean, some of the boys faces scare me, but I didn't know boys IRL made girl wizards just to change the face. Maybe they should make it so you can chose your wizards face, and I don't mean the way they have it. But, maybe you could make the nose longer and shorter, decide to have red, yellow, or even purple eyes. Just think for a moment about it

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
crunkatog on Jul 21, 2013 wrote:

The blue eyes one isn't bad at all, either. I mostly stick to the blue and green eyed ones.

Explorer
Mar 23, 2013

How would that turn someone into a gangster? I mean seriously, its just a hairstyle and is not important. I had a mohawk for 3 years give or take, and here I am, sweet and a gumdrop! Having a hairstyle in a game will not turn someone outside of a game into a punk

Nora LionThorn

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
We do need some more hair options... at least give us a ponytail that looks like the one in pirates. That will satisfy most long hair fans. Though a longer down hair would be nice. The possiblity of it disapearing into the wizard is ok. Just think of it as moving during the battles.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
They should do it this way, crowns if you want to change your hair without redoing your wizard. But if you reroll you wizard- I think we should have all the hair, face and color options we have in pirates, with the added perks of pink, blue, green, etc hair colors.