Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
My thoughts? I think that or have the best luck. Death can cause devastating damage and balance has everything. Damage, health, minions, etc.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 64

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Survivor
Sep 09, 2012
Guys, Myth is a good class to solo..
By the way my friend picked myth and She is bad at it. xD

Keira SpiritHeart lvl 90

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
Survivor
Apr 28, 2012
I thing fire, later in the game you get spells like fire dragon mostly all of foes spell to hit all enemes

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
I'm Agreeing With Death on this one. Ghoul, Wraith, and Scarecrow (As Far as I'm At right Now) Convert half of the Damage to health and heal you. Plus, Poison, Deer Knight, And Bone Dragon (or is it Skeletal?) Do Damage Over Time To give your Ememies a false sense of Security, And Hex and Feint are Life-Savers in most parts of the Game. In All, I Must Say that Either Death or Myth is the way to go.

Jacob UnicornMender
Level 51

Survivor
Jan 27, 2012
You definintly wont be able to solo the entire game, but if you want to get as far as possible, I would recommend ice. It has a lot of health and defense, so you will be able to take a lot of damage without dying

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
My friend is a wizard and he practically soloed a lot of the bosses, not all, but most of them. Is also pretty good.

Survivor
Jan 11, 2013
i've learned that an ice wizard with good resist gear and a life mastery amulet works perfectly in soloing the game. learn auras and colossal but never ever train polymorphs.

Defender
Jul 18, 2011
None are actually it depends on the world and the school like an ice in wintertusk. wintertusk bosses are usually ice and they spam towers and they mutate storm spells and critical A LOT. But zafaria is very easy for an ice and very fun. My Ice went through zafaria very easily and Celestia was a very hard world for my ice they didnt give very good gear for level 50-57 and I could rarely do a battle by myself.

So it really depends but None of them solo all of the worlds very easily.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I am a fire archmage and have soloed most of the game but I think that death would be the best school to solo the game with would be fire cause all of there dots and aoe spells

GO

Survivor
Sep 12, 2011
I would say life combined with fire or storm.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2010
i have a death/life wizard with some balance buffs and debuffs in my deck, seems to be pretty easy for my. my only wish is that they would lifeblade in the spell choices for such wizards , but i guess we cant have everything :*(

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Well I have seen an Ice solo all of Xibalba but to solo effectively have a strategy and reshuffle plus tower and sprite. And djtwist, all school specific (or balance blade) blades must be earned by a quest and can only be used (Non tc or item card) by that blade's school (balance blade is an exception).

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
Myth wizards are THE ultimate Soloers.

At 65, they can Solo the trial of spheres.

At 34, they can begin Soloing Crabs.

Almost all Wintertusk bosses are soloed at 55.

It's the minions, They are the myth schools' strength. Even the golem minion has a use in late levels like avalon.

Since myth specilty is soloing battles, We also learn how to use Polymorph to best efect, especially the treant and Gobbler polymorphs

IN short, The myth school was designed to Solo battles and that is what they do best.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2012
I think the best one to solo with would be Ice. I don't have one, but they have great stats and if you train life to Satyr and get a Life Mastery Amulet you're almost unbeatable.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
Focuses on the Elemental and Spirit Schools (Hydra, Elemental Blast etc.) thus attacking with other schools still only using one It also has a healing spell for another person XD.

So if I had to chose one school to do solo, is my choice

Sean RainbowHunter Level 39

Explorer
Mar 30, 2011
mordaki987 on Aug 16, 2008 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated
balence its balence they got a spell that can heal add pips spell they got a good minon its balence totaly balence is the best solo class in game its simple

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I might sound crazy when I say this but Storm was very easy for me...
Krokatopia was ok
Marleybone was easy
Mooshu I soloed all the way
Dragonspyre im doing ;)

But like most said its really how you mange your character

Destiny SwiftStalker
Lvl 45

Survivor
Jun 26, 2013
I think Balance Class is the best class. You can heal, do a decent amount of damage. Once you have a Hydra and Chimera, your traps and boosts will be effective. Balance can also summon a certain amount of minions, and they're actually not so bad. My Rank 1 minion did Sandstorm, which is kinda a big surprise for me. Krokotopia was easy, but I did get some friends to help since I'm so scared I would die, but then found out the dungeons were easy to handle. Marleybone is okay-ish. Wysteria was super easy, except killing the Earth teacher, Chester Droors. He kept healing himself like it was his life. The people you had to battle to get the Spiral Cup were extremely easy! The last guy, Randolf Spellshine, was okay. He kept cheating! He just used vampire and drained to heal. But it took a long time, but I handled him. I'm in the middle of Marleybone, too lazy to fight the enemies, but will eventually do it. I'm currently working on Wysteria's side quests and decorating my Massive Fantasy Palace I just got. The only thing I hate about Balance School is the over-time healing! I hate having to wait 3 rounds just to heal fully. Ugh. But anyways, Balance School is working out fine. Judgement is practical. Balance is working really well for me.

~Lenora

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
it is very hard to solo, but I think it would be ice. they have the best status and ( hey, at least they have attack spells). yes centaur is more powerful than colossus and has more accuracy but still it goes a long ways. my second choice is life. it is very helpful.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
underdog86 on Sep 24, 2008 wrote:
I have tried every school so far and the best one in my opion is definately balance. I have soloed all the way to marleybone and still kicking butts and taking names. There are those monsters that are somewhat harder to kill but that happens in every class, but there is a very handy spell called Judgement that takes care of that has 85% chance to hit and does 100 damage for every pip that you have. All you have to do is get the right deck put a couple power boosters in there a couple healing spells and max copies of judgement along with some other damage spells for back-up and your pretty much set just sit back and let your pips build up and there you go.
the two best schools to solo with are probably ice or death, even though i am fire, ice and death are the solo type schools

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
My Personal Opinion...... Storm as your primary and Fire as your second

Survivor
Dec 02, 2012
In my opinion none, but if you make combos myth and life (or death) myth earthquake takes away all charms and wards and they can also summon good minions and life has all of its healing spells to keep you alive (have myth as your primary)

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Myth is turning out to be my go-to solo n' farm school.

Bladed frog takes care of a wide variety of farmable entities. Followed up by bladed minotaur, you can solo pretty much any boss or mob up through MS. Then you get Talos, so you're set for the next two worlds, as well.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2009
I could never solo the game, but if i had a soloing choice i would probably be death or ice. Death heals themselves as they go and personally just a good school. Ice stands up for a long time and can stand out loads of time.