Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
It is impossible to solo the game. I've tried like for example in Malistaire's dungeon you need more people to light the crystals other wise you won't access the Crown of Fire and inside the Crown of Fire you have to defeat both dragons at the same time to open the door. Also Gauntlets are hard to pass alone especially the ones in Dragonspyre although if you have crowns you just hire henchmen but that requires purchasing Crowns. Other Gaunlets that you need people to pass are Briskbreeze and a new one from the test realm because you need someone who thinks and has text chat because the bosses in those two cheat and you have to tell others what to do.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2010
Im thinking the death school cause they are the only school to do high damage AND heal your wizard in one move i mean it is obviose. 8)

Survivor
May 02, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

It really depends on you becuase for me Fire and Life is the BEST!! But for my sis Ice and Storm is the BEST!! So it really depends on you, but Balance and Life can be a good combination to anything. (that's just my opinion).

~ Peachey521

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D

I agree earlier today I just completed the final countdown quest and I realized all the way through worlds I could solo as a balance half life. Although after battle I survive with almost no health it was quite easy I just kept using buffs and reagular damage spells hope my strategy helps.

Tarlac WildHand-lvl45 balance wizard most likely leveling up in grizzleheim :D

Survivor
Apr 02, 2009
Honestly all of the schools have there strengths but I started a storm wizard a few weeks ago and am already in mooshu. The only time I've actually had help was when a friend needed my help, other than that I've done the game comepletely solo. Also, what has helped alot is that I've trained life too as a "secondary school" so that I can heal.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2009
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.

its not impossible its just not the thing to do, you can solo but its not the smartest thing to do, but as a necromancer myself, its not a solo class

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
the best solo class is doing all the classes in one its a great idea i guess just put all spells in one and walla you get a great usage of power

DestinyFireShade level 36 fire type 8) 8) 8) 8)

Survivor
Sep 19, 2009
It's really hard to solo the entire game, and practically impossible once you reach malistare.
but, I do a lot of the game by myself with my life wizard.
I went all the way up to big ben with her, but I needed help once i reached there. Then I did all of mooshu by myself except for the Plague Oni, War oni and Jade Oni.
Then I went all the way up to the labyrinth by myself. After labyrinth, I kept going and haven't stopped yet. lol Not yet to Malistare though.
It takes forever to do the bosses, but it's quite possible and easy once you get the hang of it.
I just always heal when i reach 1000 life even if the battle could be won next turn (never know when you might fizz.) I have about 2760 life so yeah, if you got lower there could be an exception :P

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
balance is pretty good but myth is better so is death not life not fire not ice or storm, man i hate storm it fizzles alot.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Some people dont know what they are talking about. If you want to solo the game or at least try to do so, try myth. The minions are powerful and if you mix balance or death in with it, its truly powerful. If you want to solo thats all you gotta do.

Wolf Stormshade
Grandmaster myth

Survivor
May 02, 2009
dude you cant do good solo but the best mixture for the game is Myth and Death. Try it and see how you like it. Talon MistSheild Level 47

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
Defender
May 09, 2009
death always death you can heal and hit at the same time which is awesome

the ones that you cant solo the whole game with is BALANCE and life

if you say you can solo with balance you don't know what your talking about because you probably don't have a grand in balance like i do

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
gswift7 wrote:
I played nearly all the way through the game solo with a life wizard. It wasn't easy, but I completed the two clock towers and big ben all by myself.

Due to quests that weren't working quite right in Mooshu, I started a storm wizard last week and gave up on the life wizard for now. I'm only about a quarter of the way through Krok with the storm wizard right now, but I'm doing everything just fine solo with storm school as well.

I think you can solo the game with any school, once you figure out how to manage your deck and gear to compliment the school you are using. With life school, the key was using the minion and maximizing the power pip percentage. With storm school, the key seems to be keeping my deck small (just a couple damage spells, a shield spell, and a healing spell, each with max copies) and maximizing my damage output with gear so that I can get one shot victory when I don't fizzle.

I've noticed that my daughter relies heavily on friends to help her do the hard battles, and has adapted her play style and deck setup to compliment group play. I have been playing almost completely solo, so my decks and play style don't work as well in group play.
I agree, storm to me is the easiest school to solo as, but then you have to give myth a little chance since they can watch there minion do the work as they heal.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I like my storm wizard a lot, her second school is life up to satyr, and her third school is ice up to storm shield, this means I am left with five or so skill points I don't have much use for at the moment, so I gladly put them into stuff such as damage reduction traps and dispellations. Sure I don't have the killing power as I would if I had gone with death school as my second school, but then again I don't like to rely on traps in pvp and the like cause traps tend to get shields placed over them or other players hit them off before I can properly use them. In any case, I am not afraid to try and solo just about anywhere. Not only am I expected to be a major attacker when I play with others, but am also expected to be the one that tanks the damage (kind of funny considering that storm has the lowest health). Unforetunately that leaves me with the decision of whether to heal or to kill, and I typically go with kill since I don't trust most that I play with to be able to handle things, that is to kill stuff to get the attacks taken off of me.

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
I solo'd with a Myth/Life Wizard and got pretty far. Using minions to augment and the Life Spells to heal worked well for me. Trying a Storm/Life Wizard now. My thoughts are that using Life as secondary allows you to solo any school, but not when you get to DS. DS is designed to not be solo'd.

Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Good solo players:
Fire
Ice (maybe)
Myth
Death (kind of in the middle)

Bad solo players
Life (So annoying do this alone on my life wizard)
Balance
Storm:Sure they're strong but their health is low so they would have to attack quick.

Fire is good because its strong has fine accuaracey and pretty good health. I've done most of Wizard101 alone on my fire wizard and it works just fine.

I don't know about Ice so much. They have good health and defense but weak attack, you'll have problems killing bosses with a lot of health. But patience is a virtue, just surround yourself with sheilds and keep on attacking.

Myth is pretty good because you can summon minions to help you and they have decent attacks. Myth is a stratigical school but on the higher level spells you have to remember to double trap and blade. Plus if your a myth 48 or above you'll get swarmed with people in the pet pavillion who want to hatch with your pet. You want to feel like a movie star? Just hang out there with your adult level 48 pet :)

Death is kind of in the middle because A LOT of bosses are death. Death isn't the strongest school but you just have to be persistant and you won't need to many healing spells. If your death i would reccomend that you not take life as a secondary because frankly you won't need it for yourself and life isn't too strong either. Go with Fire or Storm.

Life is not a good solo player. The health is okay but their attacks are bad. I went from my strong 300-400 damage fire spells at lower levels to 200-300. I made a bad choice chosing life as a solo player and now i'm stuck in KT

Balacne: You want to know why balance isn't good alone ask any balance wizard. It takes too long to deliver a killing attack so if you have patience and a lot of them its probably okay but its hard to do until you learn judgement.

Storm: Some people could probably go solo on storm but i wouldn't reccomend it. Storm gets too low of health and your eneimes will kill you quickly if you can't shield yourself. The best idea for storm is attack and kill quickly.

Hope that helped

Aaron FireStone lvl 50 Pyromancer
Aaron Hunter lvl 18 theurgist (I think that's how you spell it :?
-give a man a match he will be warm for a moment set him alight and he will be warm for the rest of his life-

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
mordaki987 wrote:
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

I would say myth or death

Myth - the minions are so helpful!
death - The health stealing spells totally work!

Survivor
Jul 13, 2010
Death and Storm rule!!!!!!

( death = taking from enemys, storm = the massive damage )

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Your best options will have to be storm or death.
I'm a lvl 49 storm myself, but I haven't fully solo-ed the game, though I did in a lot of quests.
Anyways, death has spells where you can attack AND heal yourself at the same time, which is a big bonus when you don't have a healer to rely on or your semi-school isn't Life.
I'm a Storm/Life, but primary Storm.
Storm has extremely powerful (the strongest out of all the schools) attacks in general, though I hate to admit it, but the health....oh the health is low, but actually, I've rarely been defeated during quests and even PvP due to my health.

Personally, I think you're better off with making some friends that can help you out with towers and bosses especially in mooshu, marleybone and dragonspyre.

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
It seems like everybody is saying to pick life for a secondary which is a great idea!

Survivor
May 13, 2009
i got mooshu like a month ago and i havent had very many areas where i needed support maybe you guys could answer my thoughts

luke thunderfist lvl thirty five storm plz reply

Defender
Dec 21, 2008
All schools have a very even chance. Most people would say storm but, low health so would not last that long. F

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
the best combo for soloing the game is myth for main school and then life for back up

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D
um learn how to spell it is sure not shure