Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

best class to solo the game with

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2008
i'm wondering if anyone would have a suggestion as to the best class to solo the game with. necromancer seems to do well but the bosses are just plain a pain in the rumplestiltskin. any suggestions on a good soloable wizard class would be appreciated

Survivor
Jun 29, 2008
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.

Survivor
May 23, 2008
Clearly some parts of the world are too hard to solo, but death school is the most obvious answer to your question.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2008
I think, with grouping becoming more necessary, there needs to be an easy grouping mechanic. A way to find people easily and perhaps even teleport them to where the group is.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2008
well i think the best class to solo the game with is death cause it have good life draning spells and one of them can heal you and not to mention there are shields to power up your attacks so you can restore more health.

Survivor
May 28, 2008
I played nearly all the way through the game solo with a life wizard. It wasn't easy, but I completed the two clock towers and big ben all by myself.

Due to quests that weren't working quite right in Mooshu, I started a storm wizard last week and gave up on the life wizard for now. I'm only about a quarter of the way through Krok with the storm wizard right now, but I'm doing everything just fine solo with storm school as well.

I think you can solo the game with any school, once you figure out how to manage your deck and gear to compliment the school you are using. With life school, the key was using the minion and maximizing the power pip percentage. With storm school, the key seems to be keeping my deck small (just a couple damage spells, a shield spell, and a healing spell, each with max copies) and maximizing my damage output with gear so that I can get one shot victory when I don't fizzle.

I've noticed that my daughter relies heavily on friends to help her do the hard battles, and has adapted her play style and deck setup to compliment group play. I have been playing almost completely solo, so my decks and play style don't work as well in group play.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
I find for mostly solo play. Somethings need groups but for most available solo play. I find Life being the best school, lots of healing. Myth is also good with all the minions to help you. Balance is fairly good especially with a high damage but low accuracy school like fire, ice, storm.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2008
Myth/life does pretty well solo for awhile (summoning minion to do damage while you buff/debuff/heal)

But once you get to a certain point you'll need at least another person to help out. I think once I got to level 30 I couldn't solo anymore - it was too hard and I kept dying.

Survivor
May 29, 2008
Through sheer definition of the classes, it is suggested that Fire students tend not to work well with others. However, I'm one to believe that ice wizards are most cut out for soloing. I don't think any class is meant for solo. But ice has a moderate accuracy with moderate damage. They also have a lot of health and shielding options. Perhaps ice with balance or life secondary could solo for a grand amount of time.

Survivor
Aug 05, 2008
I like the healer, because even when outnumbered a sprite can keep you alive. Not to mention the great healing spells. It takes a bit longer to defeat enemies, but with a higher success rate, so as my buddy's father used to say, "Sometimes slower is faster."

Survivor
Aug 12, 2008
There is none.
Storm Is For Attack, it gets the job done quick, but fizzle alot.
Life Is For Health, it heals you if you are short of health.

Those 2 are examples. No class is good enough to solo Wizard101,
you need to unite some classes to complete Wizard101.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2008
MasterForm wrote:
Honestly, there is none.

Unity is the key to success in this crazy world f wizards, witches, and magic! It is almost impossible to solo class.

Halfway through Krokotopia so far, and as a Fire school that's dabbled in life, I've found everything doable solo so far. Instanced boss fights are difficult, sure, and take some time, but I'm able to prevail a good amount of the time.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2008
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D

Survivor
May 24, 2008
My first wizard was a storm wizard. Although I got her to Mooshu, there were many areas she needed a lot of support.

My current wizard is Life/Death. I find that she does very well for solo. (even did Temple of Storms alone as well as half-way through Marleybone). I use the other school multi-attack treasure cards (frog, meteor, blizzard, sandstorm) to beef up the attack at times but find the Life/Death combination very effective. The Life minion also works very well since she can focus on healing spells so I can focus on attack.

I haven't reached Big Ben yet so don't know if she will manage that alone.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2008
I'm a little newer to the game, but I've had lots of fun with Myth/Storm, especially now that I have Myth prism and convert Myth damage to Storm damage for when I'm fighting Myth mobs.

Can I solo the entire game? Don't know - haven't tried - solo mostly, but also group with my son who's Storm/Life.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2008
It's impossible to solo everything due to Kenningston Park,it's impossible to solo,but for the rest of the game,Death,it has the best wards and charms.

Explorer
May 21, 2008
Myth is pretty effective, I believe, given that you can use your Minions to augment the strength of your one-wizard "team."

Survivor
Jun 23, 2008
I've tried most all the schools for a while and I find the easiest one to solo with is my Life/Death wizard. She's about half way through Marleybone and a bubble from 32. I'm on at odd hours and there are not a lot of people to group with on the server I play on so I play mostly solo.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2008
Kilajula wrote:
Through sheer definition of the classes, it is suggested that Fire students tend not to work well with others. However, I'm one to believe that ice wizards are most cut out for soloing. I don't think any class is meant for solo. But ice has a moderate accuracy with moderate damage. They also have a lot of health and shielding options. Perhaps ice with balance or life secondary could solo for a grand amount of time.

I'm am ice/balance combo. :)

It isn't easy doing things by myself though. It REALLY isn't. There are far too many places with ice resistant enemies. It seems like they are the most common ones in the game actually. :( Sure there is the convert ice to fire shield, but that can only take you so far. In those battles I rely more on my balance or storm school spells, but since power pips don't apply to those it makes things very hard. The large amount of health and the health boosting gear that ice has does help a lot though. It seems that the players with the most health tend to be ice wizards. It does seem that the extra health just prolongs death at times though. :(

I'd think that Death would be a great solo school. Their school shields are excellent and REALLY boost their attacks. They do high damage and rarely fizzle out. The fact that there are a couple spells that do damage and heal also make this one good for solo-ing.

Defender
Aug 02, 2008
chrisbot94 wrote:
i think Balance is the best shure i get friends every once in awhile but i have mostly gone solo 8) GO BALANCE! :D

I agree 100% with that.
Balance magi's can use any spell card from any school, not to mention
your 1st, 2nd and 3rd school cards.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2008
Being able to solo is what makes or breaks a game for me, so I have been testing this out as well. I am up to level 22 or 23 (I forget at the moment-I'm sleepy :P) and just finished with the pyramid in Krokotopia. I am anxious to find out whether this level of soloability will hold true for the upper levels.

I've been doing this on my Balance/Life wizard and really haven't had any problems soloing with her so far. I change out amulets and resist gear and adjust my deck to fit whatever situation I'm dealing with and so far it's worked pretty well.

I would love to know if anyone been able to solo the entire game so far. And if so, what kind of wizard they used to do it. I am thinking of forgoing the second school next time around and using my training points on the special spells (what do you call them?) instead. I'm kind of thinking that is probably what it will take.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2008
I'm lvl 30 storm/balance wizard and i was doing great job until Marleybone. Now that i'm in Chelsea Court i'm expering an harder game and i'm relying a lot on my tank pet (Water Elemental). Playing with elemental help extends a lot the time of combat but keep safe my few life points; and i'm still soling all battles. I hope i can continue in this way, because there are few people when i play. Tempest Spell rocks but in Marleybone world a lot of monsters are storm resistent or cast storm shields, so i have to focus monster by monster hoping to do not fizzle 3 times in a row!

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
Well I have gotten up to level 36 using ice/life. What I like about this character is she gets alot of health so when I do need to play in a team she takes the lead to get the most hits. But I find I tend to use life spells the most because they are more reliable. I believe if you supplement with power and group hit gold cards you can do most of this game solo. I buy my +175 power cards in bulk abouot 25 at a time lol. I think bulk purchases should get a discount :)

I have just started a myth/life character and she has power with the minion help and I tend to play solo so it is really like having another character playing along with you :)

So when the wipe come not sure what I will try I realy do love my ice colours and I have played her all the wau to Mushoo. So maybe I will grow to love my myth too.

Survivor
May 29, 2008
It all boils down to what works for you and how you play. There is no single class that is better than the others unless you are skilled in it. I have seen death students dominate the field. The same goes with storm. (poor pearl ) And I like to believe I am dominating with my myth wizard. However, it's tricky because you will always find yourself at a point where you're fighting against a lot of monsters with a resistance to your school. No one has it more than any other.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2008
I have tried every school so far and the best one in my opion is definately balance. I have soloed all the way to marleybone and still kicking butts and taking names. There are those monsters that are somewhat harder to kill but that happens in every class, but there is a very handy spell called Judgement that takes care of that has 85% chance to hit and does 100 damage for every pip that you have. All you have to do is get the right deck put a couple power boosters in there a couple healing spells and max copies of judgement along with some other damage spells for back-up and your pretty much set just sit back and let your pips build up and there you go.