Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ambrose's element?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 26, 2009
IanTheAwesome wrote:
Ambrose is a poser!!!???

I think your right, Ambrose doesnt do magic, he just dresses up like a wizard and says "Hey, you there, new wizard person, I cant seem to take the evil lord myself, and I know you are much younger and less exprienced then me, but, I want YOU to go take down the evil lord for me, k thanks."

but think about it if he doesnt do magic how come in the tutorial he had those magic spells on him

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
IanTheAwesome wrote:
Ambrose is a poser!!!???

I think your right, Ambrose doesnt do magic, he just dresses up like a wizard and says "Hey, you there, new wizard person, I cant seem to take the evil lord myself, and I know you are much younger and less exprienced then me, but, I want YOU to go take down the evil lord for me, k thanks."

Good point there! You're right, if he's the Headmaster and all and we're just kids,"hey you there look it's a kid wizard maybe he can defeat Malistaire since I can't!" yet since he's the headmaster and Malistaire was a teacher Ambrose should be able to take him on! Why do we do all the work for him?"

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
firecookie99 wrote:
Balance duh there is no teacher for it so he has to be balance.

yapper, there is a Balance School in the second world, Krokotopia. It's in the 'other island of Krokotopia,' Krokosphinx. It's underground too. So there's your answer.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
driftblim275 wrote:
Here's A Small Story To Go With Ambrose's Element

A Long Time Ago There Were Six Schools Named

DEATH, FIRE, ICE, STORM, LIFE, AND MYTH

Ambrose Wanted Peace Between The Schhols But They Wouldn't Listen.
So Then He Formed A Balance School Inside Bartbley Where Only Select Wizard Whom Havn't Join Any other schools were allowed in. In There He Formed A New School called balance he spread peace, he needed a new balance master so all the way from Marleybone came Arthur Westerfield The Balance School was destoried by Mailstare but young sorcerers still learn the arts of balance from Arthur Westerfield outside bartbley

I don't agree.

For starters, the Balance school was invented in Krokotopia, the second world. Ambrose had NOTHING to do with the invention of Balance. And Malistaire didn't destroy the Balance schools, he destroyed DEATH school. Ring a bell?

Secondly, inside Bartleby is not the Balance school; it's the Spiral Room. If you want to spoil what it is for yourself, or others, look at the bottom of this post. Again, the Balance School is an Underground school in Krokosphinx.

Lastly, Arthur Westerfield is the first instructor of Balance arts. The second is Alharzerd or something, I can't spell my own teacher's name lol.... but he teaches students spells like Donate Power and Hydra.

See how that fits together?

Survivor
Sep 11, 2008
Starpling wrote:
IanTheAwesome wrote:
Ambrose is a poser!!!???

Good point there! You're right, if he's the Headmaster and all and we're just kids,"hey you there look it's a kid wizard maybe he can defeat Malistaire since I can't!" yet since he's the headmaster and Malistaire was a teacher Ambrose should be able to take him on! Why do we do all the work for him?"
You know, I did hear on another post I think is called,"Eight School?", and said something about the three astral schools and a letter stating that Abrose learned about the hardly known schools: Sun, Stars, and Moon. But my point is that the clothing tells it all and maybe the reason that he wants the other wizards to battle Malistare because he is... no offense Ambrose, that he is just too old to defeat Malistare himself. It's the same thing as the elderly, wise samurai veterns training their young apprentence samarai to defeat their most dreadful enemy samurai because the elder samurai are too old to get on job(or task). I'm not judging on age or anything, but that's how I think the traditional adventure storyline went. Hey if your not sure, try looking in other posts about Ambrose such as the one I stated. But you don't have to, I haven't seen every post about Ambrose... I think :? nor does everyone else.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
PyroMage3 wrote:
Maybe we could find awnsers in his office, dont all the teacher's desks have their element symble on it, maybe he has an element symble on his desk, that night be our awnser :D
In Golem Tower during the tutorial there is an ice magic symbol on the desk there.

Explorer
May 10, 2009
Defender
Feb 16, 2009
Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
dakster5588 wrote:
Ambrose is a poser!!!???

Umm remember in the tutorial he healed you after fighting the dragonians so i think hes Life im a level 14 Life wizard currently strugglign to get to level 15 and get away from the nasty gobblers I'm Valdus Windwhisper

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
his element is

astral and celsetia

astarl: because he Knows the worlds

celstia: bcuz you guys metioned celstia or some thing

my guess and opinon

luke starsong lvl 20

p.s. but mostly astral though

Survivor
Apr 05, 2009
awesomely1 wrote:
IanTheAwesome wrote:
Ambrose is a poser!!!???

True he just sits back and lets you save the world ( if only that was a fresh idea...) Still he should just pop in while fighting Malistare and have like 10,000 and unlimited mana and just help you take him DOWN!

(off hand, if you win should be teleported back to Ambrose and get a copy of his clothes giving you 90% resistance to everything, 100% attack strength, double attack power, and give you 50% accuracy bonus to all spells but your school which you should get like 80 or 90%) wouldn't that be cool!

that would be cool and all but if you were up against a death life guy he wouldnt lose, death already hits incredibly high and heals about 1500 health every time used on me and if you were against storm and lifea triton with all the power ups for storm would hit over 20000 without stuff like that my friend helped me but i hit a 14000 on the plague oni :P i have a screen shot

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
To all of you people who complain about Ambrose not taking care of Malistaire for us: THE WHOLE POINT, THE WHOLE STORYLINE, OF THE GAME IS CENTERED AROUND THE INDIVIDUAL BEING THE ONLY ONE STRONG ENOUGH TO DEFEAT MALISTAIRE. Besides, if he did all the work for us, there would be no game. Sure, you could defeat grendels in Grizzleheim, but those are the only enemies in the game that I can think of that aren't controlled by Malistaire. It would be pretty boring if, right at the beginning, Ambrose defeated Malistaire and all the undead plaguing the Spiral crawled back into their little hidey-holes. There would be NOTHING to do.

Also, I think all the speculation about Ambrose's school is ridiculous. It says right in this message board, that he mastered all the schools and is learning a rare and almost lost form of magic: ASTRAL (Sun, Moon, Stars).

Rowan GoldenGlade, Adept Theurgist

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
well he is the headmaster after all, so he has to know all the spells. but many people rumor that he uses an element called astral.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
yapper wrote:
Balance duh there is no teacher for it so he has to be balance.
the teacher of balance is in the school of balance in krokotopia

Survivor
Oct 10, 2008
Fire is the best school, so Ambrose must be fire! LOL. :D

just kidding, hehe...

-Elizabeth IceBlossom, level 50 Pyromancer and pyromaniac

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
actually that is really easy. Ambrose stated that he has mastered all the schools but he is now focusing on the astral magic more powerful than all the other schools.

Survivor
May 24, 2009
lookthat1 wrote:
Well every professor focusses in one element. I was wondering which one Ambrose uses. I think that he can use most of the spells there is and maybe even some neve before seen ones. What if he knows an eighth element!? What do you guys think?
no i think headmaster ambrose should still be ice his school. (look at his desk in his tower.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
gamemaster wrote:
My guess is a master in all 7 schools,but if I had to guess his mains,Balance and Fire.
i sorta agree balance main fire second you are right about balance but fire mabye he could be life but all i know is your right about balance

believe me i am lvl 43 tyler life caller fire life ( a good match )
15 ryan silver coin myth balance

Defender
May 11, 2009
well i had an idea for his staff, like a white thing it does the opposite damage of your opponent so you always get a boost and it could do like 150 damage, maybe this could be like ambroses element

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Well he has a Great knowlege and his age would make him a well rounded Wizard in my thought he probably all schools ( Death, Life, Myth, Storm, Balance, Fire, Ice) but in hid age he probably cannot perform any moves....

But. Who knows I think as a Starting Wizard, Storm he was a goof-off but always studied and he was friends with Bartebly and Bartebly's sister. He became a Graduate met a girl named Sylvia when he came to wizard city ( Like Abracadoodle ). and when Malistaire was going to head to Zeke to deliver a letter to bring to MooShu he Tripped over Gloria and Sylvia and Ambrose Picked up the letter and handed it to Malistaire, when he Became a teacher he met Balestrom, Malistaire his assistant Dworgyn A bird Named Gamma A exchange student named Moolinda Wu, Cyrus Drake, Falmea Dalia and Greyrose they all Became Teachers and Ambrose became the Headaster. that didnt help but i do think he is a storm wizard beacause of his Colors

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
He has probably Mastered them all cause in the begging he gives you a deck of cards and you see all kinds of schools.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
Err do any of you guys think that maybe ambrose is to old and retired?Thats why he can't fight malastaire.he would take weeks to do what we younger wizards can.No offense Headmaster.He is just elderly. :-o

Survivor
Apr 20, 2009
i think that he mastered all the schools. bye the way storm school is the best school!

Survivor
Dec 05, 2008
Not being wise guy but maybe hes a new element called spiral element. Sorta like balance but he knows all the spells.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
i think i know. maybe one called STAR.ok?here is his moves, well, maybe

falling star
500-1,000 star power to all enimies.

comet
1,000-1,500 star power to target+stun for 5 rounds.

universe fastforward
1,500-2,000 star power to all enimies+ breath away for 10 rounds.

shooting star
2,000-2,500 healing to all friends.