Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ambrose's element?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
24
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You may find this post interesting:

HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
I was apprenticed to a program long, long ago that fostered a cross-discipline approach to Wizardry. At various times I have spent a few centuries devoting myself to the study of each of the different magic schools. Currently I am studying the Astral magics, a school of thought that is barely recognized and little known.

You see, at Ravenwood, we teach the core essentials of both the Inner and the Outer triangles of Wizardry: the External magics, which deal with manipulating the forces of Nature (Fire, Ice and Storm) and the Internal magics, which deal with the elements that compose one's self (Mind, Body and Spirit ... or, as you know them, Myth, Death and Life.) I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

Oh, my! That was a bit long winded, and I seem to have lost my train of thought. What was your question, again?

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/2471.ftl


I figured he was something with astrology. Astrology magic is always one of the most strongest magics in games (at least in the ones I have played). I'd like to see Ambrose in a fight. If he has the power of the sun that means stronger fire spells then any fire wizard out there (I'm in the fire school so would love to see that). I also think he have some type of time magic spell that could like stun the enemy or enemies for a long period of time. Moon and Stars I see as more as shields and stat increasers or deceasers. I would think he could also have spells like comet that would just destroy anything.

But all that is just my opinion ha.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2008
19
lookthat1 wrote:
Well every professor focusses in one element. I was wondering which one Ambrose uses. I think that he can use most of the spells there is and maybe even some neve before seen ones. What if he knows an eighth element!? What do you guys think?
i think balance a little bit of every thing he probably is

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
141
drago529 wrote:
lookthat1 wrote:
Well every professor focusses in one element. I was wondering which one Ambrose uses. I think that he can use most of the spells there is and maybe even some neve before seen ones. What if he knows an eighth element!? What do you guys think?
i think balance a little bit of every thing he probably is
Balance IS everything...Because i am one and i read about it carefully and it said balance is a little bit of everything, i was overjoyed about that. besides death. :)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
24
Explorer
Dec 20, 2008
58
Guys Merle Ambrose used to be a myth teacher!!!!
But then before Malistaire grew wicked and insane Merle was the Myth Professeur! Cyrus Drake and Malistaire are Twin Brothers. Malistaire was good before he turned evil! The two learned spells everyday! Malistaire learned from the Death School and Cyrus learned from the Myth School. Merle was the Myth Teacher and Dworgyn was the Death Teacher. When Malistaire grew up he became the Death Teacher with Dworgyn as his assitant! Merle was promoted to headmaster while Cyrus became Myth Teacher.
Malistaire fell and love and married Sylvia Drake (I think thats how you spell her name). Sylvia Drake became the Life teacher but then had a terrible disease! Sylvia died which made Malistaire angry and went crazy! Malistaire grew wicked and threw his school into the nightside. Cyrus was dissapointed in his brother and became very grumpy and sad. Malistaire left Wizard City causing great destruction to all the worlds in the spiral (Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu, and Dragonspyre).
Malistaire tries to bring back the love of his life but fails. Cyrus is grumpy because of the loss of his brother. However, Cyrus has sadness in his heart. Cyrus will guide you to around Dragonspyre to face Malistaire. Its up to you now to defeat and save Cyrus' Brother from pure evil!

Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
20
yapper wrote:
Balance duh there is no teacher for it so he has to be balance.


Correction, theres Aruther[the man outside of Bartleboy] and some other guy whos name I forgot how to spell and prononce[hes in the krokoshphinx aka krokotopia].

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
6
i have no clue but if i had to gues eather he would be all schools or storm becase sometim es i look at wandand its blue purple

Defender
Oct 14, 2008
141
Do any of you guys listen to Ambrose? First of all, he is so not a poser, second, his element is Astro, with a little bit of all the schools of ravenwood (lot of training points? Doesnt he?).
You can read about balance carefully in the schools of balance in krokotopia, and the teachers name is Alhazred, Al - Haz - Red.
I extremely want to learn astro now because i try to build up important stuff as i go on to different worlds, example:
Wizard city: Bravery
Krokotopia: Wisdom
Mushu: Love and peace
Dragonspyre: Hope of the soul
I dont know about any other worlds but i'm sure i can pick up some of that wisdom and stuff, besides, if i'm gonna be working my heart out i at least want a extrodinary school! I wonder what ambrose does when i'm working on the hardest quests in the worlds, by the beach eating yummy food getting a tan?! I dont think so....
One question: Where did Ambrose get gamma?
Luna0616

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
7
Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
1
Aessa422 wrote:
Kilajula wrote:
I believe Ambrose, given his age, has a great knowledge of all the schools. I wouldn't go so far as to say he has mastered them considering he would stand in for Malistaire after his unprovoked leave. If anything, I would say that Headmaster's favorite school is Myth. How have I come to this conclusion? Well I happen to believe he has a full deck of Ninja Pigs.


I bet gamma has more knowledge but meh :P

I really did think he was myth though.. Something about him shouted myth..

Maybe it was he who got the library to sell free ninja pig cards as he wanted more O_O

He could have thousands of ninja pigs hidden in another world :P

(Take Over The World Ambrose!! The Ninja Pigs Are Counting On You!!!!!)
LOL very funny but I agree with u he looks like the kind of guy to use ninja pigs maybe he invented that spell

Kyle Thunderblood
Adept Thaumaturge :-)

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
10
Maybe we could find awnsers in his office, dont all the teacher's desks have their element symble on it, maybe he has an element symble on his desk, that night be our awnser :D

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
10
race101 wrote:
pckls wrote:
maybe he could be storm... he looks like one... or life or death... why would malister want to destroy him?

other: do you think malistare might be the myth teacher in disquise? he is always acting so negativly and has no actual proof he can use myth.

no it can't be him because he has a tottaly diffrent voice than from cyrus drake. (also cyrus drake is always ruochy so malistare probably took his side of advice and went and became evil)


well i do not aggree that drake is grouchy because i am a myth student and after awile, he warms up to myth students, like when your near the end of beating krokotopia he sends you on a mission then he says words of appreciation. :D

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
So what spells have we seen him cast?

He refreshed Mana and Health.
He donated pips.

Ummm...anyone know any other spells he has used?

I'd call his school 'Hero Support' :)

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
15
driftblim275 wrote:
Here's A Small Story To Go With Ambrose's Element

A Long Time Ago There Were Six Schools Named

DEATH, FIRE, ICE, STORM, LIFE, AND MYTH

Ambrose Wanted Peace Between The Schhols But They Wouldn't Listen.
So Then He Formed A Balance School Inside Bartbley Where Only Select Wizard Whom Havn't Join Any other schools were allowed in. In There He Formed A New School called balance he spread peace, he needed a new balance master so all the way from Marleybone came Arthur Westerfield The Balance School was destoried by Mailstare but young sorcerers still learn the arts of balance from Arthur Westerfield outside bartbley



first of all there is a balance school in krok. also inside bartleby is the spiral room but i cant tell u what that is otherwise it would not be a surprise. Anyway i think that hes mastered all the elements but on his desk he has a symbol it mostly looks like a snowflake so maybe his main element is ice

Survivor
Feb 05, 2009
21



first of all there is a balance school in krok. also inside bartleby is the spiral room but i cant tell u what that is otherwise it would not be a surprise. Anyway i think that hes mastered all the elements but on his desk he has a symbol it mostly looks like a snowflake so maybe his main element is ice

i have seen that but his robe is blue with yellow stars so maybe he is storm with a second school of ice or maybe he is death it all makes sence him bieng malistare and at the begining he just made a copy of himself jk lol and maybe he is ice or storm really

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
3
Survivor
Jan 29, 2009
1
ok if merle knows astral magic why couldnt he have like brought a comet down and crushed malistaire or something! i mean i think thats pretty selfish to not help us in that first battle. plus if he is learning this kinda stuff it could lead onto that world celestia that we have all been waiting for so long. maybe to learn astral magics we have to beat him like we beat cyrus

Survivor
May 25, 2009
43
Ughhhhhh...... I read this whole thread and its PAINFUL. Ambrose is a master of every school of magic; he doesn't belong to one more than any other. However, as Fire, Ice, and Storm form one triangle and Death, Life, and Myth form another, our Headmaster is studying a third triangle consisting of three more schools: Sun, Moon, and Star. Please stop trying to place him into one school or another just because of how he looks.

Explorer
May 09, 2009
68
yapper wrote:
Balance duh there is no teacher for it so he has to be balance.


Yes there is a teacher in Krokotopia underground.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
22
aviator2 wrote:
Ughhhhhh...... I read this whole thread and its PAINFUL. Ambrose is a master of every school of magic; he doesn't belong to one more than any other. However, as Fire, Ice, and Storm form one triangle and Death, Life, and Myth form another, our Headmaster is studying a third triangle consisting of three more schools: Sun, Moon, and Star. Please stop trying to place him into one school or another just because of how he looks.


I'd have to agree with that. Master of every school and studying 3 more of sun moon and star. Maybe thats why he always tells US to do the saving the spiral stuff cause he is busy studying......or something like that.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
31
Kilajula wrote:
I believe Ambrose, given his age, has a great knowledge of all the schools. I wouldn't go so far as to say he has mastered them considering he would stand in for Malistaire after his unprovoked leave. If anything, I would say that Headmaster's favorite school is Myth. How have I come to this conclusion? Well I happen to believe he has a full deck of Ninja Pigs.
PEOPLE SETTLE DOWN the school his is is you gussed it all schools dont you remember in the begining of the game you used his deck to defeat the minions their were Fire,Myth,Life,Balance/And he propbly has more right? case closed.

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
97
Explorer
Sep 20, 2008
97
gswift7 wrote:
Perhaps he's merely an administrator and likes to dress up in wizard clothes because the look cool. :)


no because if you did the tutorial he gives you his deck to beat the draconians, remember? I would guess hes mastered them all including the class only spells.

james starblade adept pyromancer(not for long i hope ) oni slayer

Explorer
Sep 20, 2008
97
driftblim275 wrote:
Here's A Small Story To Go With Ambrose's Element

A Long Time Ago There Were Six Schools Named

DEATH, FIRE, ICE, STORM, LIFE, AND MYTH

Ambrose Wanted Peace Between The Schhols But They Wouldn't Listen.
So Then He Formed A Balance School Inside Bartbley Where Only Select Wizard Whom Havn't Join Any other schools were allowed in. In There He Formed A New School called balance he spread peace, he needed a new balance master so all the way from Marleybone came Arthur Westerfield The Balance School was destoried by Mailstare but young sorcerers still learn the arts of balance from Arthur Westerfield outside bartbley


balance originated from krokatopia

Explorer
Sep 20, 2008
97
JTLewis wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
You may find this post interesting:

HeadmasterAmbrose wrote:
I was apprenticed to a program long, long ago that fostered a cross-discipline approach to Wizardry. At various times I have spent a few centuries devoting myself to the study of each of the different magic schools. Currently I am studying the Astral magics, a school of thought that is barely recognized and little known.

You see, at Ravenwood, we teach the core essentials of both the Inner and the Outer triangles of Wizardry: the External magics, which deal with manipulating the forces of Nature (Fire, Ice and Storm) and the Internal magics, which deal with the elements that compose one's self (Mind, Body and Spirit ... or, as you know them, Myth, Death and Life.) I am currently researching a third triangle, one that we know little about, but seems to be quite puzzling and immensely powerful; the Astral magics. These deal with the manipulation of the universe itself, the Sun, the Moon and the Stars; those heavenly bodies which are bound by (and make up) the Spiral itself, the inner workings of the great machine which makes the Universe tick... much like an old (but perfectly maintained) timepiece.

Oh, my! That was a bit long winded, and I seem to have lost my train of thought. What was your question, again?

https://www.wizard101.com/site/posts/list/2471.ftl


I figured he was something with astrology. Astrology magic is always one of the most strongest magics in games (at least in the ones I have played). I'd like to see Ambrose in a fight. If he has the power of the sun that means stronger fire spells then any fire wizard out there (I'm in the fire school so would love to see that). I also think he have some type of time magic spell that could like stun the enemy or enemies for a long period of time. Moon and Stars I see as more as shields and stat increasers or deceasers. I would think he could also have spells like comet that would just destroy anything.

But all that is just my opinion ha.


there are spells that stun and stuff i have them in my deck
james starblade adept pyromancer oni slayer