Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
Snivel wrote:
you've been playing too long when:

you realize after you hit the send button that you signed an important business e-mail with your wizards name, rank and school.

it took me fifteen minutes to explain wizard101 to the boss, he was laughing so hard he couldn't talk, so i got off without a reprimand.
WOW THATS JUST TOO FUNNY! XD!

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
purdueman71 wrote:
has anyone else find themselves saying the made up cuss words in the game? i've said it to some people who don't play and the give me weird looks while i laugh my head off. i find it fun to randomly call other people in my school names of the differnet creatures and characters in the game and they don't have a clue what i'm calling them. i've once accidentally put my wizard's name and school on an important school paper and the teacher had no clue whose it was. my typing speed haas gone up thanks to this game and text chat.
so have i i went up to my friend who made me really mad and i was like whats your free kin problem! XD

Defender
Feb 16, 2009
Today i imagined my heater breaking, and a firecat replaced it
people were staring because i did the motions

Kyle Firefist

Delver
May 29, 2009
I took a nap and when my son came to wake me up, I told him "you don't have enough pips to cast that spell".

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Survivor
Oct 30, 2008
tamster45 wrote:
Oh boy, I am in trouble,lol. Well my husband and I both just bought a new laptop for this game. We have the network set up now, and we are about to set up the family account so that I can help him out on his wizard. My first wizard is a grandmaster so is on vacation right now, and my second wizard is level 44 and working on the final crafting quest and grizzleheim. I havent had a chance to read the other ones, but oh my so far it is us to a tee. Well I guess we are offically addicted. Have a great day everyone. See you in the Spiral. :)

I NEED help with the Crafting Quest in Marleybone.I've already done the Athames and don't have any of the rings.Please respond.Meet me inside Bartlby in the Dryad Realm Area.1 Date:January 04. Time:12:42A.M. My Wizard's name is /Artur Goldenblood School:Fire Level:50.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
OK, boy do i have a few!

You play wizard101 to much when:

During go Fish you ask "Got any Satyrs?"
When you fall off your bike you look for your Pixie.
You yell at your Dog for not giving you the Infection spell
You are scared of India because you think all the decorated elephats are thousands of Jade Onis
When walking anywhere you always stay on the sidewalk.
You see a guy with dredlocks and scream "MALEISTAIR!"
You ask your parents how much XP you get for taking out the Trash.
You ask the store onwer "what stats come with the Red Sweater?"
You report your cat to the cops saying it's part of the O'leary Gang.
You are me. JK! not

Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
One time, me and my brother (we both play Wizard101) went to a friend's house (also brother and a sister; they play Wizard101, too). We went outside to play basketball, and my brother had the ball and my brother's friend (the other boy) said, "Dude, port!" And I was like,"Port?" And we all bursted out laughing.

-Owlgirl8000

Defender
Feb 22, 2009
When you make up sayins that relate to your wizards such as: If at first you fizzle, cast cast again.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2008
purdueman71 wrote:
has anyone else find themselves saying the made up cuss words in the game? i've said it to some people who don't play and the give me weird looks while i laugh my head off. i find it fun to randomly call other people in my school names of the differnet creatures and characters in the game and they don't have a clue what i'm calling them. i've once accidentally put my wizard's name and school on an important school paper and the teacher had no clue whose it was. my typing speed haas gone up thanks to this game and text chat.

i have done all of that.
i can type like a whole paper in under a half hour now!

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
LOL after a month of playing this game i started to have dreams about my friends on wiz101 and we all looked like our charactors -_-' you know you got your brain messed up when you start to dream in wizard 101

Defender
Apr 10, 2009
OH OH I know some more! when it is really cold, hot, or raining you say "Those darn pyromancers/ice wizards(forget how to spell name)/diviners" I've done this a lot too.

You could make a calendar out of these! MUST RESISAT TO MAKE ONE MYSELF

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
I ran down the street to the corner, because I KNOW I saw a blue mana wisp just ahead!

Rogan

Defender
Jan 03, 2009
Having the urge to run at a fire hydrant (luckily you don't) during baseball practice cause you think it's a smith. (true story)

Explorer
Feb 16, 2009
My wizard's name is Jasmine BlueGem, and my friend who plays to calls me jazz and her name is Jessica BlueGem, so i call her jessie. Now in irl she calls me jazz and i call her jessie xP Also i make certain references to wizard101 to friends...
Also I tend to dream about my wizard leveling up, then when i wake up i find out my lvl 30 isnt a level 50...
That music gets catchy, when i have my sound on ( lately i havent had it on ) and i get off the game the song follows me xP

Survivor
May 23, 2009
You know you've been playing too much Wizard101 if you ask your dog which way is to Chelsea Court

Explorer
May 22, 2009
I don't do any of these things. I do sometimes stratagize a Wizard101 battle that I'm not in. (Sometimes when i'm not even logged on!)

Explorer
May 22, 2009
You find your self dreaming about it. Darn fizzle, is even worse than snoring!

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
http://diaryofawizard.com/ has a wonderful post from Postcards from the Spiral about the Top 10 Ways You Know You’ve Been Playing Wizard101 Too Much

Here's three - to read the rest, follow the link below.

10. You’ve convinced your child/parent/significant other to create their own account so that you can battle together.

9. You’ve purchased a new computer so that people in your house can play together or play online at the same time.

8. You’ve set up a wireless network, after procrastinating for at least five years, so that people in your house can play at the same time.

http://diaryofawizard.com/

The only one I would add would be you see a stick on the ground and think -ooh! Mistwood!

Thank you both for the article and we encourage our players to list their own below!
wow that sounds like me lol

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
carterma wrote:

Does anyone else find themselves humming the music in the Commons and not even realizing it until someone else asks, "What's that you're humming?"

Yes about every minute of my day!
Grace UnicornHorn
lvl 19
life&fire

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
On everything i type, on the bottom is always my wizard name, current rank, and schools.
Another thing is you find yourself doing something like getting a drink and you will say
x gets water x
You also call your friends in a frantic mess saying:
"Hurry and port QUICKLY, I need healed and some help fighting Malistare!"
and they know what you mean.

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl 19
life and fire

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
Rokk wrote:
Having the urge to run at a fire hydrant (luckily you don't) during baseball practice cause you think it's a smith. (true story)

That is probably the funniest thing i have heard!

Grace UnicornHorn
lvl 19
life&fire

Defender
May 09, 2009
when you repetidly beat up your boss in real life hoping to get a piece of clothing from them that you can use.

Explorer
Dec 26, 2009
conorjak7 wrote:
when you repetidly beat up your boss in real life hoping to get a piece of clothing from them that you can use.

Ok that is FUNNY!

Defender
Nov 25, 2009
You've been playing to much when:

1 You go up to some older person in the store and say "Did I get called back to Grizzleheim yet Mr. Ambrose?"

2 You point at someones scarf and say "I got mine from a pixie!"

3 Instead of laughing you just say "LOL".

4 Point to a car and say "I want a mount like that!"

5 Someone gets hurt and you throw a toy unicorn at them.

6 You dont know why they didnt like getting hit with a unicorn.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
Heres one, your being read to this message board XD