Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why dont they have a hair salon in Marleybone?????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2011
Zwo12345 on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Okay so, when i first starter my wizard, my brother messed my hair up and i've always wanted to change my skin color and face and hair cause of that mess, i wanted you to make a shop where you can change your hair with a haircut, and a shop where you can redo what you made mestakes in, i've always been afraid of not wearing a hood because i really don't like the ponytail with orange, so please make this.
I've been afraid of not wearing a hood too. I'm lvl 50 now and now I'm not sure to stick with my level 35 hood I thought there was a hood you can get at lvl 50? So you have 2 options
1 cope with it
2make another character
Possibly 3 stop playing

~Christina DreamGem Life lvl 50 <----Messed up hair girl Dx

Survivor
Aug 13, 2011
Okay so, when i first starter my wizard, my brother messed my hair up and i've always wanted to change my skin color and face and hair cause of that mess, i wanted you to make a shop where you can change your hair with a haircut, and a shop where you can redo what you made mestakes in, i've always been afraid of not wearing a hood because i really don't like the ponytail with orange, so please make this.
People have already said something about this but I totally agree with you.

Explorer
Dec 28, 2010
this subject has been brought up to many time and each time it is rejected! so it is pointless

Defender
Mar 09, 2011
Just Add Bacon on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
Yeah call it something manly for the sake of the male players in the game! lol XD
Oh yeah call it something like a barber shop

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
The issue of changing the appearance of your wizard is an old one and the only way that might change is if KI adds more options to the original creation of the wizard. As for making changes later in the game, below is a link that will answer that question.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/28837

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
Abigail Dragondrea... on Sep 4, 2012 wrote:
I know I've posted abiut this before but, KI, you really need to give us hair changing options! I won't give up until it's done! (Only agrees are allowed in the Post Reply) KI, you need to listen to all your fans! Almost all of my friends want to change their hair! We NEED the change!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it AGREED?
~Abigail DragonDreamer
What's the point of buying new looks? KI already stated that they will NOT change the looks, wizard schools, or gender of your wizard. This has been going on for years and no changes.

If you do not like the look of your wizard, create a new wizard.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2011
Why are people wanting a "hair salon" or "hair options"
NO, this isn't a fashion game, you're supposed to play this game for the adventure, and the action.
Wizard101 is for the thrill of living a magical life that would never happen in reality.
And plus, if you want hair changes just so you appeal to other in game players, WHY?! You most likely started playing this game for the fun, not for the compliments.
And honestly, if you don't like your player that much, you would of made a new one by now.
This question has been asked for too many years now, and KingsIsle will NEVER put it into consideration, sorry.

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
charmaine007 on Dec 24, 2012 wrote:
I've been afraid of not wearing a hood too. I'm lvl 50 now and now I'm not sure to stick with my level 35 hood I thought there was a hood you can get at lvl 50? So you have 2 options
1 cope with it
2make another character
Possibly 3 stop playing

~Christina DreamGem Life lvl 50 <----Messed up hair girl Dx
i feel the same :P
lol but i have a good stat hood soo uh yeah!?

-Rebecca Shadowflame lvl 57 or 58 idk xD

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Yazabell2 on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
NO, this isn't a fashion game, you're supposed to play this game for the adventure, and the action.
Wizard101 is for the thrill of living a magical life that would never happen in reality.
And plus, if you want hair changes just so you appeal to other in game players, WHY?! You most likely started playing this game for the fun, not for the compliments.
And honestly, if you don't like your player that much, you would of made a new one by now.
This question has been asked for too many years now, and KingsIsle will NEVER put it into consideration, sorry.
There is nothing wrong with wanting your character to look good. Remember, there are fairly young children playing here as well. People who have been playing for years are probably pretty tired of having the same hair.
As for KI saying no - they haven't. In fact, Falmea even asked us in one of her Friday polls, about what hair styles we would like to see in the game.
What KI has said no to is changing face/eyes/name. Never to hair alone.
Though it has been asked to death, for sure.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
ravenlady is correct~ we've been asking for this for ages, but ki has already stated that we're stuck with our appearance once we choose it. therefore, i've accepted that my life wizard and i will be spending the rest of our time together in search of a hood to cover her hideous green mop (it seemed like a good idea at the time, lol).

my suggestion: if your wizard is under level 15, delete her (not really an option for me, since my life wiz is level 42) otherwise, you and said wizard's ugly hair colour are stuck together for the rest of your wizarding lives.

-von

Survivor
Nov 14, 2012
Yazabell2 on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
I think it's time that they at least added more character customization to the game. It's been like what 4-5 years and we have to live with the same character appearances. I think what could be done is something like you buy this certain item, then you are taken back to the creation screen, then you get to make the changes you want, which is the only thing that affects the wizard. I can't see the reason on why Ki won't consider something like this.

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
Thats a great idea! It can be in the shopping district. But maybe pay like atleast 500 coins!

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
Thats a great idea! It can be in the shopping district. But maybe pay like atleast 500 coins!

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
Shy girl on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
I agree so at least 500 coins for permanent hair/face change and 100 coins for temporary (1 day, 7 day and 10 day)

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
I first started playing this when I was about 5. I made my character have white hair. in buns. My least favorite hairstyle you could possibly have. So this idea would be nice..

Survivor
Dec 17, 2012
i think we should have hair cuts for coins because its fun and it makes it so everyone can play how they want! they also should also have hair dye! why not? so what if its about casting spells and stuff? it won't really be any different with the hair cuts for coins.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2008
I think it'd be cool to have the option to change hair. Maybe you have grown out of the style and don't like it much anymore. As for the face, I don't know if it's really necessary. If you get a new face, skin tone, etc., it's not really the same person anymore.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
Dear Wizard
I think I agree with you. A hairstyle for like 1000 gold would be awesome and I think a makeover might be good because I messed up on my other wizard (Vanessa Level 60 Ice Wizard) and on Vanessa, I look like a pig so I think 2000 gold might be good or maybe 50 crowns for a hairstyle and 100 crowns for a makeover if you dont want to pay with gold. So I think it is a good idea that we should get a new hairstyle or a new makeover so that if you mess up.
From,
Monica WyrmHeart Level 31 Death Magic

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
I dont think many would use it but maybe who knows. When was the last time you seen anyone without a hat to see their hair lol. A hat is in the games code so you really wouldnt see much of a cool hair do.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I like the idea of hair, but face and skin color, no.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2012
Hey, I started this game when my lil bro made an account and gave it to me. He made a character with ugly grey hair and a face that is always frowning 24/7. I needed to wear a mask and stitch the same mask with everything that I thought had good stats. I see that you blocked other posts like this but you would make a lot of money, from people spending crowns on changing their faces/hair. I would be grateful if you could make some type of shop like this, maybe even in one of those empty houses in the Shopping District.

-Level 88 Necromancer

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I really agree with this, even though there would be a problem or two, I really want kingsisle to put in a shop where you could change your face, hair, skin color etc. If we get enough people to post on how much they really want this, maybe kingsisle will look at it!

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
I agree. I only have one of my original characters, a promethean, to precious to delete, but I HATE the way she looks. I'm just gonna say, I've been wearing a mask since I got it when I was in mooshu, and I've stitiched it everytime I got some new hat I liked or wanted to use. A crowns shop where we could change our character's appearance would be truly appreciated by many players, I'm sure.
Gabrielle, Promethean Thaughmaturge. (Spelling?) XD

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
I would love it! I hate my char hair, but I wish I could get a new name too

Jonathan Frogheart - Mage who don't like look or name

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
This has been posted for years. KI has not done anything and has stated point blank that changing of names, gender and facial features will not happen.
I am hopeful for changes to hair though. :)