Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why is there no pet shop in marleybone?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 30, 2008
You have to earn them like when I defeated this one boss I got a Rat Magician pet.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
because the main species there are animals but they should have a pet shop

Administrator
“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”

-Mahatma Gandhi

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Explorer
Nov 20, 2008
mike198 wrote:
Humans as pets!?

there is a human pet but it's death a ghost was a human
zombie(ghoul) was a human

so there is human pets in the game but they are dead

Survivor
Jul 15, 2008
Vegas69 wrote:
lupan wrote:
About the pet shop, my guess is the Marleybonians detest the idea of making pets of any forms of life no matter what they may be. Seeing as cats and dogs are being made pets in other worlds (eg: firecats in wizard city and heckhound in krokotopia).

Also, there is no treasure card shop in Marleybone because they value science and technology over magic. Hence, the presence of airships and cars. Only Arthur Weathersfield in Wizard City can do magic I think (or rather choose to).

Just be lucky that they sell clothing and items that augment our spells. Though I can't guess why they have a wand shop.

Seems like the Marleybonians are cunfused with there morals because in Krokotopia the Manders are working for them ( i would call it slavery with one manders actually says as well but can't remember which one, but will find his name). So I can't see how they would detest pets.

Sorry to say, but it was never mentioned anywhere in krokotopia that the manders are working for the marleybonians. The manders were so servile in nature that in time they became slaves to the krokotopians. And that's how their world came to be occupied by the kroks.

At the time of our coming and freeing them from the kroks, they still view themselves as slaves and have no definite leadership within their ranks so they don't feel the need to oppose the the marleybonians taking their treasures and taking them to marleybone.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
lavepen wrote:
Foomie wrote:
HarryPotter9128 wrote:
I have been wondering that.i mean,we could have cats and rats there,birds...all kinds of real-life related animals.by cats i mean like the small ones found for zeke's quest.
Ithink that there should be a pet shop in every world. In wizard city there is a whole shopping district with every shop. In krokotopia there is every shop. I think there should be a shopping district in every world so there would be new cool stuff for that world.
i think your wrong. it dosent matter really. who wants to spend money on a pet that dosent help you in anything at all! its worthless! you spend money to look cool? i mean who dosent want to show off in thins game but i think that there shouldnt be a pet shop in every world. only like a wand and deck shop would be fine, possibly amor shops but thats it.
lavepen, I really think that out of ALL THESE POSTS. MAJORITY RULES! :-) so Wizard101 staff can we please put a Pet shop For these people they want to show off so they don't look like total noobs :-) P.S i am one of those people :-(

Survivor
Nov 27, 2008
if we had a head master pet it would come with like a bunch of good spells

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Marleybone is a world of humanoide animals they whould hate us if they saw us walking around with their own kind as our pets

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
Fleur wrote:
HarryPotter9128 wrote:
I have been wondering that.i mean,we could have cats and rats there,birds...all kinds of real-life related animals.by cats i mean like the small ones found for zeke's quest.

You should be able to have one pet from Marlybone. There should be one place where you could get at least one pet and it doesn't have to be a pet shop.

I know where you can get a pet i think. Well anyway i belive that you can get a pixe pet in marlybone i dont have the pet but i have asked someone who does and they said "I am prety sure i got it in marlybone from conterweight west" and i might be wrong so dont get mad at me if you dont get the pet

p.s. the pet gives a card that heals 180 hp

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
But just the other day i won a clockwork golem in marleybone..

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
I have seen marleybone pets but i have bot seen a shop :-(

Survivor
Mar 29, 2009
Jack6000000 wrote:
You have to earn them like when I defeated this one boss I got a Rat Magician pet.
Yeah,I beat a boss and I got a fire salamander

Survivor
Apr 24, 2009
Fleur wrote:
HarryPotter9128 wrote:

You should be able to have one pet from Marlybone. There should be one place where you could get at least one pet and it doesn't have to be a pet shop.
like a huge dragon that they selled in easter since you're in a harder world. but how is there supposed to be a diffrent name :-)

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
Jack6000000 wrote:
very true i have one too! :-) thats th only pet i know. :?

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
Ya i agree

And also there is NO necklace shop in dragonsypre or mooshu..........I hate having to battle things for one its so annoying

Survivor
May 09, 2009
i don't get it. every other wourld has it. marlybone would have asome pets. but i guess they don't put one in is because there is all kinds of creatures on the street. they put kinds of pets of on the street and marlybone has all kinds of them. they should have cats as pets because there is most cats on the streets. or dogs would do good because there is dogs every were in marlybone. i hope they have one in grizzleheim. :]

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
Orca wrote:
Lupan I have to say your probly half correct but heres why. Well half they want you to win them because there are so many pets that so many people can have. Why in Moo Shu? Because last world till DS and you win way more there then in all worlds put together

Look it up. Wizard101Central.com

( Nice domain by the way)

orca is right i just looked it up

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
i think they should just have regular cat pets in marely bone. or maybe they could make a new feature where the pets you aren't using roam around in your house, that would be pretty awesome. :-D

Explorer
Jan 07, 2009
Maybe in Marleybone you could have dogs as pets, not HUMAN DOGS but just regular dogs. Or cats. Or fish in a floating bubble of water. BUT SOMETHING

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
Cynical wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
The only Libraries right now are Wizard City and Krokotopia.

Yes, but WHY?

Have you not read all the other post? The marleyboians are non magic, they dont use treasure card. So there would not be use of a library to get cards.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
lupan wrote:
firecats in wizard city and heckhound in krokotopia.

lol FireDragon in MB!

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
lupan wrote:
Vegas69 wrote:
lupan wrote:
About the pet shop, my guess is the Marleybonians detest the idea of making pets of any forms of life no matter what they may be. Seeing as cats and dogs are being made pets in other worlds (eg: firecats in wizard city and heckhound in krokotopia).

Also, there is no treasure card shop in Marleybone because they value science and technology over magic. Hence, the presence of airships and cars. Only Arthur Weathersfield in Wizard City can do magic I think (or rather choose to).

Just be lucky that they sell clothing and items that augment our spells. Though I can't guess why they have a wand shop.

Seems like the Marleybonians are cunfused with there morals because in Krokotopia the Manders are working for them ( i would call it slavery with one manders actually says as well but can't remember which one, but will find his name). So I can't see how they would detest pets.

Sorry to say, but it was never mentioned anywhere in krokotopia that the manders are working for the marleybonians. The manders were so servile in nature that in time they became slaves to the krokotopians. And that's how their world came to be occupied by the kroks.

At the time of our coming and freeing them from the kroks, they still view themselves as slaves and have no definite leadership within their ranks so they don't feel the need to oppose the the marleybonians taking their treasures and taking them to marleybone.

as weird as that paragraph is i agree, the marleybonians were sent to get treasure but i also disagree some of the marleybonians were sent to help the manders

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
Ithink that there should be a pet shop in every world. In wizard city there is a whole shopping district with every shop. In krokotopia there is every shop. I think there should be a shopping district in every world so there would be new cool stuff for that world.</div>
</blockquote>
i was able to get a spider from the black widow quest. but i think that might have been a one time thing , but still there are pets in marleybone, all you have to do is look for them. (and sometimes fight for them -)

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
Some of the bosses in Marleybone drop pets, like Rat Magician, Clockwork Golem, etc.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
HarryPotter9128 wrote:

Ya know they should make smith pets, and beetle pets, and yardbird pets, too. But, they couldn't make an oyster pet or a stone rose pet, seeing as they cant move but still!