Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why dont they have a hair salon in Marleybone?????

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
I think there should be a hair salon where you can change to new hairstyle that you can buy with crowns or golds it would be great also if there is a stats and can also stitch it just in case people like the stats but didnt like the look i think its cool if all wizards in Wizard101 looks different individually specially the higher levels and yes i also agree with other saying there should be a place where you can change appearance from eyes to mouth and it would be also great if each of us can buy our poses while standing in common any kind of poses like floating without a wings since its "Wizard City" and other girls poses for girls and boy poses for boys and sits to get more health when you die to a battle and also gloves and vest to give more stats i dont know just sharing my ideas maybe it would bring back the in active player of wizard101 if this new things comes more interesting stuff also cool dances than you can buy like the pets has T.T

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
While I agree with the thing of changing hair, you posted this two times AND there are so much threads about this already.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
Okay, KI has come up with different hair styles for Wizard101 that you can't change. Ever. I think some sort of barber shop in the Shopping District would really make a TON of people happy. I mean, they're some doors you can't walk into there; Olde Town works too though. Eye color would be nice too. I know people would like to change their name or even everything about their character but I'm just trying to think of it in a way where KI can make it good yet reasonable so they won't have to bother with too much stuff. I think that the hair styles should not only include the ones at the beginning, but new ones so people can have more variety. Plus, an option to pick any certain shade of the color hair you want. And maybe there could be a limit to how many changes you make with your hair so people wouldn't be changing their hair style all the time. Oh, and it should cost GOLD. I understand why KI might make it crowns because people are changing things about themselves but, in my opinion, it should cost gold. Is KI even going to make something like a barber shop? I hope so.

Anyone agree?

Explorer
Dec 23, 2009
this idea is very interesting!!! i too agree that changing some of our characters features may be really cool. but the only thing that i don't think that would happen is the option to change our name because then everyone's friends list would have to be updated.so when you go on your wizard you will see all these random names that you don't recognize so yea................
but i really hope KI puts tis into consideration!!!

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
The Barber Shop idea sounds pretty cool. But, as you said, if it costed Crowns the addition would be useless for me since I'm not a Crown-Buyer. If it was to be "fair" you could say, it could cost Crowns, but Gold also. The Gold version more expensive but still in the reasonable range. :D

.Alexis Crow - Level 41 Necromancer

Explorer
Feb 03, 2011
csdixiepup wrote:
Okay, KI has come up with different hair styles for Wizard101 that you can't change. Ever. I think some sort of barber shop in the Shopping District would really make a TON of people happy. I mean, they're some doors you can't walk into there; Olde Town works too though. Eye color would be nice too. I know people would like to change their name or even everything about their character but I'm just trying to think of it in a way where KI can make it good yet reasonable so they won't have to bother with too much stuff. I think that the hair styles should not only include the ones at the beginning, but new ones so people can have more variety. Plus, an option to pick any certain shade of the color hair you want. And maybe there could be a limit to how many changes you make with your hair so people wouldn't be changing their hair style all the time. Oh, and it should cost GOLD. I understand why KI might make it crowns because people are changing things about themselves but, in my opinion, it should cost gold. Is KI even going to make something like a barber shop? I hope so.

Anyone agree?

Awesome idea! I totally agree!

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Yea! I'm in! I realy want to change my wizards hair and eyes super badly. Even if it costs crowns.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
The Barber Shop idea sounds pretty cool. But, as you said, if it costed Crowns the addition would be useless for me since I'm not a Crown-Buyer. If it was to be "fair" you could say, it could cost Crowns, but Gold also. The Gold version more expensive but still in the reasonable range.

.Alexis Crow - Level 41 Necromancer

I like what you said about both the crowns and the gold being currency for buying things at the barber shop. Maybe the styles at the beginning could be gold and a few others could be gold also but the rest would be up to KI if you ask me. The thing about the barber shop is that when people can't change the little things (like their hair) it's what makes them the most upset. The game itself isn't usually what bothers most people, but the little things in the game you can't do anything about. I really hope KI does this because it would not only make many of their players happy by giving them a change in hair style, but also keep the existing players playing because of the option to change their hair style. Which gives them more things to do if their subscription ends or if they never pay for one. It may seem like a small thing, but something like a barber shop will be one of those little things that create a big impact on Wizard101 in the happiness department for sure.

~Christina Dragontail; Level 60 Thaumaturge

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
This suggestion has been made before. I liked it then, and like it now. I'm kind of bored with the same hair style/color for my legendary wizard. I mean, it's been a year. Come on, KI...give us some real options here!
(and I agree with the gold ... too much is crowns only)

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
That's a cool idea. A barber shop. Hmmm.....
I like it.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2010
I think it would be cool to opt out of wearing hats and just have awesome hairstyles. Have a barbershop/salon in the shopping district where you can STITCH your current hat stats into a hairstyle of your choice.

Defender
Apr 26, 2009
Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
I think we should be able to change our hair just like we change our clothes. It could simply be an edition to our backpack or bank.

Defender
Jun 04, 2009
totally..... i hate my hair..... id LOVE 2 change it!!!! :-o

Elizabeth Goldenblossom

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
Nov 15, 2009
I know I know, but it would be cool to be able to die it or make it a different style, just like in real life! :D

Thanks!
:D
Autumn Rainwhisper
Level 60 Balance Wizard

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
I agree it would be nice to be able to dye and change hair styles. And as you said elsewhere be able to take off your hat.

It cost gold for simple styles and dyes but there could also bemore special and complex seasonal ones that cost crowns.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
A lot of players had been asking for this feature to be available, hopefully KI takes notice of this. I also support this idea, KI always say "start a new character"...

Starting new character will require to accomplish everything over again, specially crafting quests, training points quests and many more other things...

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
This idea has been put forward Time and Time and Time again... Do a search!

Quoting Professor Greyrose from September 10, 2011:
Professor Greyrose wrote:
We understand a players desire to change their appearance, believe we have been listening. We like the idea too, but we're still looking at whether or not the benefits would outweigh the extensive amount of design, programming and art work it would take.

As for changing a Wizard's name, we have already addressed this several times on the message boards. Once you have chosen a name, it cannot be changed, ever. You are free to create a new Wizard and choose the new name more carefully, but we will not be allowing players to change their Wizard's name.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Hi i'm Grace DaisyHunter level 70 Fire wizard. And I want to say that Wizard101 should really get a salon. ( sorry if i spell that wrong ) I made this character and wanted pink hair and a pony tail, but now I really want long straight hair. :( I really think a lot of wizards would like this. And I quote from a friend that replied to my idea: "That would be nice. I really want my hair to change too!" Lots of wizards pick different hair styles and colors thinking that there is no reason for a certain hair style, but a lot of people have clans and such and have long hair as a rule so they pretty much get exclusive. I know it is probably hard and all for you to be making all this but I think a lot of people would like it.
Please comment and support for this idea! :D
Thanks,
Grace DaisyHunter

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Survivor
Sep 16, 2011
great idea [ but for the sake of the boys maybe it should be called a barber shop ]

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I love how my character looks. If you don't like the hair, just wear a hood.