Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2014
kittykatty6636 on Jan 3, 2017 wrote:
Fish references are big now in Wizard101, Sharkspeare, for example, is a beautiful reference for Shakespeare, Also, King Parsley, Obvious connection to Elvis Presley, the KING of Rock & Roll.
And if you plant the Parsley, it will require sun and music.

The first studio Elvis recorded at was Sun Music.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
The Brunching Club quest in Wysteria is a reference to the Breakfast Club.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Pretty cool topic!

I don't know if this has already been mentioned here yet but i'll say it.

TONS of places in Wizard101 are actually places in real life!

These are the ones I know:

-Mirror Lake. It's located in California
-Newgate Prison in London

That's it I guess. But i'm sure they're more!

This isn't a location but Polaris is actually a software company name!

Explorer
Jul 18, 2014
krokenkamen and king artorius

Hero
May 07, 2015
here is a few doctor who references.

inside of the telegraph box, there is a recipe vender named rose piper, one of the doctor's companions was named rose tyler, and the actress who played her is named billie piper. weird, right?
did anyone else other than me noticed the professor's clothing, he is wearing a scarf, and converts (I think that is how you pronounce it?) and a trenchcoat, and I think a bowtie too. the scarf is from a doctor from doctor who, but I cannot remember who. the converts and the trenchcoat is from the tenth doctor, and the bowtie is from the eleventh doctor, since his catchphrase is, "bowties are cool."
the telegraph box is a OBIVOUS reference to the tardis!

Miranda jade song 101 & (I heart shadow and fire)

Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
It could just be a coincidence, but there is a badge title that you can earn called "Master of Karate and Friendship" which might be a reference to the lyrics of the Dayman song from "It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia".

"Day man,
Fighter of the NightMan!
Champion of the sun,
You're a master of karate and friendship for everyone! "

Survivor
Dec 23, 2013
okay so there are some you guys missed.
the "fire globe theater" in fireboat alley is a reference to shakespeare globe theater which was burned down, hence why it is in fireboat alley and according to the quiz that sorts you into schools, shakespeare was a fire wizard.

the jabberwocky is a boss you fight in avalon. This is a reference to a famous poem called the jabberwocky, a fearsome creature also used in some versions of alice in wonderland.

Of course the ghost elephant queen in safari who's name was Elissa was a reference to Queen Elissa of the ancient Carthaginian empire in Africa. Carthage utilized war elephants which is why Queen Elissa is portrayed as an elephant.

Xibalba in azteca refers to the spirit world in aztecan mythology.

The marleybone dungeon, barkingham palace makes you fight dr. Jackall. This is a reference to a famous novella, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, a scientist who drove himself mad by injecting drugs and went on murder sprees. Two other characters in the novella; Poole, the servant, and Utters, the friend are also included.

Survivor
Oct 14, 2012
Here are some of my favorites. In Barkingham palace you can get some wands that resemble the 'Holy Hand Grenade" from the movie Monty Python and the holy grail. They also add on to this with the mount called "The Noble Steed" which is really just you holding 2 halves of coconuts and clapping them together to make the sound of a running horse, another reference to the same movie.

In Mirage there are quite a few as well. Istar the djini is a reference to the hit tv show "I dream of Genie".
Dumoozid is a reference to Mr.Clean, the mascot for "Mr.Clean cleaning detergents"
Snake Plizkin is a reference to Solid Snake from the "Metal Gear Solid" franchise.
As far as I am aware Kobra Kommander is a reference to "GI Joes" most famous evil enemy "Cobra" and his team "Cobra Command"
Also Raqi Balboa is an obvious reference to Sylvester Stalone and his hit character "Rocky Balboa"
There is also a reference to Pac-Man with some ghosts.
Then you have the Thieves Den which in itself is a reference to Star Wars and Jabba the Hut's den of criminals.
If thats not enough then you have The Rain Core which is a reference to "The Rancor" which is the beast that lives in Jabba's palace that he feeds people to.

There are even more in mirage so apparently they packed them full to the brim in mirage. Those are just some of my favorites. Thanks for reading.

Hero
May 07, 2015
when your doing the quest to get your level 75 minion, you have to collect the globe of peladon from the tower of peladon, and I think there was a old doctor who episode called the monster of peladon.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Let's face it, Avalon is loaded with Monty Python references. here are but a few of them

1. There is a character called the Black Knight (wink wink) who says after you defeat her, "Tis but a scratch, I've fared worse! No, no i haven't."

2. The Antagonist of Avalon, the Pendragon, is a reference to King Arthur's father, Uther Pendragon. This is also the last name of King Arthur.

3. One of the knights of the silver rose, Sir Robin Braverly, is a character from Monty Python. Also, his tent at Caer Lyon has the chicken symbol. This is also the symbol of Sir Robin's shield in Monty Python.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
sun girl1122 on May 23, 2017 wrote:
when your doing the quest to get your level 75 minion, you have to collect the globe of peladon from the tower of peladon, and I think there was a old doctor who episode called the monster of peladon.
Also, the prince is Zafaria who was hypnotized by Morganthe is a reference to some T.V show for kids I do not remember the name of.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
Zeusfiretwo on Jun 2, 2017 wrote:
Let's face it, Avalon is loaded with Monty Python references. here are but a few of them

1. There is a character called the Black Knight (wink wink) who says after you defeat her, "Tis but a scratch, I've fared worse! No, no i haven't."

2. The Antagonist of Avalon, the Pendragon, is a reference to King Arthur's father, Uther Pendragon. This is also the last name of King Arthur.

3. One of the knights of the silver rose, Sir Robin Braverly, is a character from Monty Python. Also, his tent at Caer Lyon has the chicken symbol. This is also the symbol of Sir Robin's shield in Monty Python.
When I said Caer Lyon, I meant Caliburn.

Hero
May 07, 2015
also, this isn't in wizard101 but In pirate101. I think there is a place in California called Valencia. I think, I don't know if there is.

Hero
May 07, 2015
*squeals with excitement* I found another easter egg! some people probably don't know where it is. or if it existed.

in zafaria, from inyanga whitestripes, there is a quest where you have to defeat gorilla spider witches to collect the cosmic caliper, and the quest says the professor visited zafaria once, and the quest is called professor who? everyone who watches doctor who knows the professor is the doctor in wizard101, the cosmic caliper is probably like like the sonic screwdriver, and in a few episodes of doctor who, the question "doctor who?" is refrenced.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2014
Mirajane7887 on Feb 15, 2017 wrote:
Pretty cool topic!

I don't know if this has already been mentioned here yet but i'll say it.

TONS of places in Wizard101 are actually places in real life!

These are the ones I know:

-Mirror Lake. It's located in California
-Newgate Prison in London

That's it I guess. But i'm sure they're more!

This isn't a location but Polaris is actually a software company name!
Polaris is actually also

a fairly bright star located within one degree of the north celestial pole, in the constellation Ursa Minor. It is a triple star, the bright component of which is a Cepheid variable. Also called North Star, polestar.

• a type of submarine-launched ballistic missile designed to carry nuclear warheads, formerly in service with the US and British navies.

• That is definitely not copied and pasted

<Logan Goldcatcher Lvl 83>

Explorer
    Oct 12, 2010
    I don't know if it's really intentional or not, but clearly KI has to have noticed.

Sand Witches in Mirage... lolz

~Mark Shadowcloud, level 120 Storm~
    ~Reed Goldenblade, level 87 Balance~

Survivor
    Oct 12, 2010
    There are SO many references with fish in Wizard101, it's like fish were made so KingsIsle could make some cool references! Where do I start...
    -Musushi...Musashi, a Japanese wandering swordsman that was great in the ways of the sword (even looks like him)
    -Minnowtaur...Minotaur
    -Errol Fynn...Actor who played Robin Hood
    -Pompeiino...Pompeii is a place in Greece that was engulfed by a volcano
    -Sam Bass...A renowned outlaw in the old west
    -Little Mackerel...Little Mac is a famous Nintendo icon
    -Boss Hog...Boss Hog(g) is a famous, evil, commissioner in the Dukes of Hazzard, just like the description in Wizard101 says (and the only reason he's a fish is so they could make a reference out of him!)

And these aren't all of the references in fish, but they're all the epic fish ones! Keep making references KingsIsle, I love them!

Kevin DeathHorn level 120
    Finnigan WildStone level 87

Explorer
    Oct 12, 2010
    I bet someone's mentioned all of these, but why not bring it up.
    Star Wars...

In Mirage, the place called thieves den is a reference to the Chalmun's Cantina, in Mos Eisley Tatooine.

The Underden is most likely referencing the Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure's (or more commonly known as Jabba the Hutt) Ship, the Khetanna.

Obvious references can be made after fighting Boa Fett, who can be easily connected to Boba Fett (my favorite character, despite his unsatisfying death). He literally had Boba's iconic mask on his back

The last reference I can remember is the rain core, who's respected Star Wars counterpart is the rancor, Jabba's pet.

You can tell the whichever KI administrator that was in charge of Mirage had "trilled it up" not to long ago

~Mark Shadowcloud~
    ~Reed Goldenblade~

Hero
    May 07, 2015
    samoorai....... samurai...... minnowtaur.... minotaur....

(KI, could you maybe please put some gravity falls refrences in the next world?)

Survivor
    Jul 25, 2012
    Here's one from Marleybone:

All those references to history events like the Protestant Reformation and the Scientific Revolution and The Enlightenment in all those Marleybone history books that you have to collect as a side mission.

Survivor
    Jul 01, 2012
    Here's one, in the Celestia lost pages quests the quest to fight Carson SpriteThief is called Semi Charmed Life obviously referring to the song by third eye-blind Semi Charmed Life

Survivor
    May 02, 2015
    In Mirage there's character called Rahqi Bal'Boa which is a obvious reference to Rocky Balboa

Survivor
    Oct 04, 2010
    Nicitas on May 8, 2011 wrote:
    The design for Marleybone is based off of where Sherlock Holmes lives.
    It's called Victorian London

Survivor
    Jun 10, 2017
    Lilalei12345 on Dec 21, 2016 wrote:
    Also, people at KI apparently have really good taste in music, because there's a lot of references to classic rock/rock. Here's the ones i thought of....

(1 Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles

(2 Appetite For Destruction - Guns and Roses

(3 Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

(4 Enter Sandman - Metallica

(5 Of course, Zeke's quests as well xD ( all his quests are named after bands )
    The Immigrant song- Led Zepplin

Survivor
    Jun 10, 2017
    I just found another in Marleybone. The clerk in the clothing shop is Stuart Goddard, better known as Adam Ant.