Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The brilliant "easter eggs" in Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 08, 2011
Also, in my eyes I don't see Celestia as Atlantis. I see it as R'lyeh. I do love my Lovecraftian horror....
Morganthe is a nod to Arachne, pretty much the avatar of spiders. That's pretty much the only thing I know about Morganthe, since I'm only in the lunarium, haha.
In Stormriven Hall, there's a giant eye peeking through the rubble. Possibly another reference to Lovecraftian horror, as Cthullhu was a giant tentacle monster sort of like a squid/octopus. I'm sorry, I'm getting off-topic D:

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
Just this Christmas season, there is a wizard selling Christmas items in the shopping district, and his name is Felix Navidad. The word is very similar and sounding like feliz navidad which is the word merry Christmas in Spanish.

Explorer
Oct 19, 2012
The Monty Python reference after defeating the Black Knight in Avalon.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2008
There is a quest from zafaria making you go to marley bone to help "the professor" fix his sonic wrench a parody of doctor who The Doctor and his sonic screwdriver. Plus he gives you jelly babies at the end

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Another one would be Marylebone itself Marley as in the dog from the Marley books and movie, and bone as in dog bone.

Grace DreamRider 77

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Nicitas on May 8, 2011 wrote:
The design for Marleybone is based off of where Sherlock Holmes lives.
Its based off of London, is that where Sherlock Holmes was from?

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
Oran of Urz on May 14, 2011 wrote:
There is also a very passive reference to Winnie the Pooh in Austrilund while collecting honey from the bee hive.
Really I never noticed that

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Um... I cant believe noone has said this, but in marleybone, there is a man named the proffesor, standing next to a red 1950s police box that says telegraph on it. This is obviously a easter egg, refering to the british 50 year old show, (Still running) Doctor Who. The Doctor has a long scarf, a blue 1950s telephone box called the Tardis, and his 7th form had a cane. He also has a bowtie, which is from his famous quote, while in his eleventh form, "Bowties are cool." I find this happy, and interesting that the programmers, wrote in a british fandom into this, but Whatever. And I REALLY Doctor Who

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
I've heard there's a quest called "The final countdown" in dragonspyre, "The final countdown" is a classical song but I don't know the writer or singer.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2009
Let's not forget the Easter egg to Percy Jackson the Lightning Thief. You can get a lightning bolt weapon from Mount Olympus that looks very similar to the one in Percy Jackson.

Survivor
Jul 04, 2012
Azteca one of the hardest worlds in the game. It is based off of a lot of Aztec and Mayan civilizations. Mooshu is based off of ancient China. Marlybone is based off of not ancient but all throughout time England.
Grizzelheim I know is based off of something but i'm not sure plz feel free to tell me. Zafaria is based off a lot of Africa. (as I stated in my previous reply) Avalon is based off a lot of King Arthur and The Knights of
the Roundtable. Celestia is based a lot off of celestial studies. Dragonspyre not sure feel free to tell me what it is based off of if at all based off of anything. That goes for Wizard City as well.

Hoped I added onto it Sincerely Robert Nightwhisper

Now lvl 86 wizard.

So long. Farewell. Until we meet again.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
In Avalon that is a reference to Camelot where Ambrose was before he was headmaster also Ambrose's name is a pun on Merlin Ambrose (Merlin TV series and book reference) a wizard who lived in king author's castle and in his court (As seen during the dungeon with Young Morganth) Morganth is also a reference to Morgan le fay the step daughter of uther pen dragon (Pendragon being a reference to the king of Camelot and father to king Arthur

Richard Shadowwisper Level 95

Defender
Oct 21, 2010
MereMerepop on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Um... I cant believe noone has said this, but in marleybone, there is a man named the proffesor, standing next to a red 1950s police box that says telegraph on it. This is obviously a easter egg, refering to the british 50 year old show, (Still running) Doctor Who. The Doctor has a long scarf, a blue 1950s telephone box called the Tardis, and his 7th form had a cane. He also has a bowtie, which is from his famous quote, while in his eleventh form, "Bowties are cool." I find this happy, and interesting that the programmers, wrote in a british fandom into this, but Whatever. And I REALLY Doctor Who
Let's also not forget that for a higher level minion spell, he gives you Jelly Baby pet snacks and has the 10th Doctor's "Fantastic" shoes

-See Ya In The Spiral!!

Julia DragonLeaf

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
IsaacTH2208 on Jan 13, 2014 wrote:
Let's not forget the Easter egg to Percy Jackson the Lightning Thief. You can get a lightning bolt weapon from Mount Olympus that looks very similar to the one in Percy Jackson.
Personally IMO that's not an Easter egg at all, just because a movie has someone holding a lightning bolt and so does a game doesn't mean the bolt in the game is an Easter egg, also I'll be on the lookout for Easter eggs

Luke Skywalker level 40

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
MereMerepop on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
like doctor who eh? well same here. i saw this Easter egg and freaked out. but there is a little more you can do with this. if you position yourself behind the "professor" and pan your camera to the telephone box, you can in fact read the sign posted on the box. i wont say what it says here but it is a nice nod off to the show.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
There is a quest in Grizzleheim called "Full Grizzle Jacket"

"Full Metal Jacket" is a famous Kubrick film

It was quite a surprise to see kind of movie referenced. But then again, Kubrick deserves it.

Historian
May 06, 2009
I found 2 cool references in Khrysalis:

In Last Wood, Chihooly Glass-shaper's name "Chihooly" is a spin on Dale Chihuly, a renown glass maker who makes amazing glass sculptures.

Ghost Dog and his cheat "Way of the Samoorai" is a reference to the 1999 film, Ghost Dog: Way of the Samoorai. From the description I read, it was about a mafia man learning the ways of the samoorai. I would believe the Italian accent Ghost Dog possesses is also referencing that Italian mafia accent.

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
I skipped all the other comments, but I don't think anyone has posted anything about the quest early in Wizard City called; "Saving Private O'Ryan," which is a parody of "Saving Private Ryan."

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
As you may know there is a companion in pirate101 called gracie conrad. Well i have found about two npc's in celestia with the name gracie conrad. One is in survey camp, and one is in the science center.

Zachary Darkhammer Lvl.61

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
This ones a little obvious but in Marylebone there is a dog standing next to a telephone box named the professor who is obviously a reference to doctor who. He is also wearing a long scarf just like the one the fourth doctor wore.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
Shadow Ice Thing on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
The Monty Python reference after defeating the Black Knight in Avalon.
Avalon is full of Monte Python References.

The shrubbery, Another Shrubbery both references to the knights who say Neep

I'm getting Better, in the very beginning is a refence to the Brig out your dead card where the guy is trying to throw his still breathing father on...

there's also loads of Pink Floyd song titles, We've got Page Jimmy(Led Zepplin) Every Rose has it's thorn Quest(Poison song from the late 80's...)

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Admit guys: Cyrus is Severus! (They even sound the same.)

They have the same know it all, bored, deep voice.
They have the same ways to make your life worse.
They have the same hard classes.
They have the same ways to try and convince the headmaster to expel you.

Face it: Cyrus and Snape are identical twins. Just teaching at different schools.
Any other things you've noticed in wizard101 that exists outside wizard101?

~Sisterhood of Life~

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
Here another easter egg that no one mentioned.
Did you know that the world in WIzard101 called "Azteca" was named a group of people called "The Aztecs".
The buildings,the decoration,the design of their clothing was all related to Wizard101. The only difference was that it didn't had any relationship to dinosaurs.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Marleybone is a real place in london.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The speech given by Alwynn WoodWard in the quest "First through the Breach" before you break down the Apiary wall in Lost Wood is very closely paraphrased from the famous:

Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;

Or close the wall up with our English dead!

In peace, there ’s nothing so becomes a man,

As modest stillness and humility:

But when the blast of war blows in our ears,

Then imitate the action of the tiger
;

Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood.

Wm Shakespeare, Henry V, Act III Scene I