Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disappointment in Rude Players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
The guy didn't talk until after the battle, was not there for me to click on. I thought he was @ his home to talk. I just changed worlds. I put no friends opt. This keeps players away more. This game is more fun then bad.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
I had that happen quite awhile ago ... I had a much lower level "friend" who unexpectedly teleported to me when I was entering a boss battle. He entered with me, let the fight begin (now 2 bosses are there and a minion, when normally it would be 1 boss 1 minion) he then fled. I text chatted him and told him, "That wasn't cool man!" and he then reported ME! I had already deleted him, then also hit ignore.... but my goodness a little communication could have prevented that. Since then, I no longer add low level wizards and keep my teleports off.

The join and flee trick happens everywhere, it is frustrating but unavoidable since low level wizards are porting to their high level friends in the new worlds to check out the new world (zafaria and Avalon especially) and power level their wizard.

Oh well it is just something that happens with this sort of game, not much we can do but report when there is foul language, keep the telports off and click that ignore button. :)

Survivor
Jun 20, 2009
e4e5nc3 wrote:
Its getting very old, players come in to bring more monsters in, then leave. Newbies that do that. Why can't we be asked if players to join in. Some times they get pulled in, but the same players who keeps doing this? I have had in the past newbies who just wanted to bug me. They click on me and leave to thier place and keep talking trash to me. I change world to get away from them. This site is to be family setting. Its hard to report the guy when you don't know their name.
I just wish players could have this game as fun. kids who don't get thier parents to see them, don't take it out on others. Have fun playing this game is where it should be @. I am glad wiz101 made this game. Keep up with the good work.
hey look i know how u feel

Survivor
Jun 07, 2012
I was going to the Labyrinth to get my stone rose, and someone was waiting by the sigils already.
I told that person that I won't be available for the whole dungeon, and I am just killing the first boss so I can get to the tower and stuff and get the rose.
The person said "Okay".
She friended me and we went inside the dungeon.
We killed the first boss and went across to the other side with the lava opening, and then we saw this boss we had to kill.
Before I even typed "Wait" she pounced on the boss and got in battle.
Then, 5 seconds later, she typed:

"Help me please I need your help"
I told her I didn't have much time on the computer left and I wanted to get my stone rose, and I didn't want to waste time with some boss.
And she already knew that, Im here to kill one boss only to get across the lava.
So I just stood there, didn't know what to do:

Go get the stone rose, un friend her, and leave (kind of mean option)

Get the stone rose and spend the rest of my comp time battling a boss I dont even need to kill (Nice, but a waste of time)

Wait until she dies, and pretend to be afk, with the spellbook and all (Kind of mean)

Or just go ahead and help her.

I went with option number #3, and I felt sort of guilty watching her die like that.
But. I did tell her not to get in any battles, and she did not listen to me, so I didn't know what to do.

Explorer
May 22, 2011
It's her fault. She didn't listen so she had to suffer the result. Don't feel bad, see should.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Kreational wrote:
I was going to the Labyrinth to get my stone rose, and someone was waiting by the sigils already.
I told that person that I won't be available for the whole dungeon, and I am just killing the first boss so I can get to the tower and stuff and get the rose.
The person said "Okay".
She friended me and we went inside the dungeon.
We killed the first boss and went across to the other side with the lava opening, and then we saw this boss we had to kill.
Before I even typed "Wait" she pounced on the boss and got in battle.
Then, 5 seconds later, she typed:

"Help me please I need your help"
I told her I didn't have much time on the computer left and I wanted to get my stone rose, and I didn't want to waste time with some boss.
And she already knew that, Im here to kill one boss only to get across the lava.
So I just stood there, didn't know what to do:

Go get the stone rose, un friend her, and leave (kind of mean option)

Get the stone rose and spend the rest of my comp time battling a boss I dont even need to kill (Nice, but a waste of time)

Wait until she dies, and pretend to be afk, with the spellbook and all (Kind of mean)

Or just go ahead and help her.

I went with option number #3, and I felt sort of guilty watching her die like that.
But. I did tell her not to get in any battles, and she did not listen to me, so I didn't know what to do.

First of all, you /do/ need to kill the bosses to get the rose. You can't get into that area until you've knocked off all three bosses, so you should have helped her. If you had, it would have been faster and less miserable for both of you.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
It's always been my rule that if I do not have to do the full dungeon I do not offer my help or go in with any one else - unless they are after the same as I am, these multi instance areas create issues. Like the IronWorks in Marleybone.

It has become unfortunate but finding help for these areas has become as hard as dueling them solo, which some just can not do to be able to advance on in the game.

I am sure she felt once in there you would help complete it all, she took a gamble. No matter what option you chose it was mean to enter the dungeon with her knowing she had to complete it all.

Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
I get frustrated with this stuff on occasion. Although not the same, it was still a situation where I had to try and decide what to do, be rude and continue what I needed to do or respond leaving things in the middle - I made the wrong call. I was in the middle of a duel and got a message from someone I had agreed to friend (didn't know him really) with a urgent "help me now!"message. I stopped what I was doing and teleported to where he was in his home. When I ask him what he needed he ignored me. I don't know if it is the age of some folks that sets up these rude situations (ageist I know) or if they just don't get it. I think you did what you should have done - after all you had told her ahead of time. Maybe you should have responded to her request for help with the message you needed to leave, but other than that? Does anyone else have a better idea how to handle the situation?

Sarai Thundergrove

Survivor
Feb 12, 2012
I was in the commons glitch today, and the guy up there kept going on and on about how i was dumb, fat, and unsmart in real life. He said stuff like, " like seriously you are like a land whale" or "go lose some weight you fat (cuss word)." And he said stuff like "No one likes you" or " no one wants you up here" and " annoying people like you should die, die die die, oh, there is a hole go die in it." I wanted so bad to report him, but i didnt know what i could report him for. Another thing he said was "Are you in second grade? Are you ashamed of it? oh nvm i dont wanna work your brain too hard, people like you wouldnt undrestand." I almost started crying, cause he was being so mean to me. I asked him to stop being mean and leave me alone, and he said "if you wanna be left alone then leave"

Please help stop these kind of people

Caitlin Iceblade Level 35 Magus Theurgist
Caitlin Lifeblade Level 1 Novice Theurgist

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
I am going to try to take a very light approach at this. Flutterby, we are all here in this magical, fun and exciting world, and contrary to popular belief we do have young wizards who may be rude, crude and unfriendly. But, depsite the harsh words you endured, I am sure you are a very bright and smart individual. But, let me lend you some very grown up advise, people can call you anything they want, its not what they call you its what you answer too.
That person did not know you from, the next person. Please dont let anyone on this game( that is suppose to be friendly) treat you other than the way you would like to be treated. No matter what your physical appearance may or may not be. Apparently, he has some major issues himself. So dont waste another moment or precious time worrying about him..

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
flutterby82401 wrote:
I was in the commons glitch today, and the guy up there kept going on and on about how i was dumb, fat, and unsmart in real life. He said stuff like, " like seriously you are like a land whale" or "go lose some weight you fat (cuss word)." And he said stuff like "No one likes you" or " no one wants you up here" and " annoying people like you should die, die die die, oh, there is a hole go die in it." I wanted so bad to report him, but i didnt know what i could report him for. Another thing he said was "Are you in second grade? Are you ashamed of it? oh nvm i dont wanna work your brain too hard, people like you wouldnt undrestand." I almost started crying, cause he was being so mean to me. I asked him to stop being mean and leave me alone, and he said "if you wanna be left alone then leave"

Make friends with the "Ignore" button young wizard. Click on the person and choose Ignore, you will no longer see what they say. Don't ever stand there and take abuse port to your home - anything to remove yourself from being their target. Some people come on the game to vent their frustrations on others. If you can't think fast enough to port away or Ignore - never say anything to them - never - this just lets them know you have their attention now.

Know that this person was only trying to make themselves feel better by making someone else feel bad. Any cuss word said can be reported so you could of reported them but Ignore is you best bet to avoid further harassment.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
flutterby82401 wrote:

The cussing could have been reported, and should have been.
The rest is just an anger teenager acting out.
Next time, report if applicable, put him/her on ignore and change realms.
It's hardly worth crying over.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
flutterby82401 wrote:

If he was cussing, report him for that.

Otherwise, use "ignore" and change realms. Odds are you will probably never run into him again. :-)

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
You cannot stop these people. Ki can't control millions of players. Unless you want there to be zero chatting in the game.

Explorer
Apr 05, 2012
I am sure that others have replied before me. They will likely say the same thing as I am about to.

That is called harassment/bullying and is something that can be reported.
If you are not totally sure if it is something that can be reported, take a screen shot (control and print screen at the same time. "Prt Scr" is usualy above your Home button on your keyboard) and paste it in to Paint. DO NOT EDIT THE IMAGE except to put an arrow or square around the parts you are unsure of.
Save the picture

Now back here, click "Help & Support" (on the left side, at the bottom).
Find the "Contact Support" button (bottom of the list).
Click the third tab, "Contact Us".
From the drop down list, select "Player Misconduct"
Type in the situation. Include server/realm name (Satyr, Wu, whatever), area (Wizard City-Commons, Wizard City-Dye Shop, whatever), date and time (it may take a up to a day to view your message).
Upload your screenshots.
Choose which game it happened on, or select "general"

Click Continue and follow any prompts that may be on the next screen. You will likely have a message in your email in box saying that KingsIsle has received your message.

You now made a report of something that you were not sure of. Kings Isle staff will review your message and place sanctions on the person that you think was breaking the terms of use.

This procedure will also work if you are text chat and do not have access to a Report button.
It will also work if you see someone else is being harassed.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2012
flutterby82401 wrote:

This happened to me just yesterday.

So, I was minding my own business in Celestia. These two 18+ chat girls were standing on the sigil next to me. I decided to join them because I had the same quest.

I said "hi" as we were going into the dungeon-thingy together.
They then started to talk to me rudely, told me to go away, to leave them alone and said some things that I couldn't hear like 'she is such a ...', '...' '...'.

One of them finally said 'leave her hear' and they both left me alone in the dungeon. I wanted to cry.

Whatever happened to you sounds a lot worse.. ugh. That would REALLY make me cry.

Wait. why are people 18+ (nearly adults!) being bullies?

Allison Silverblade
Grandmaster Diviner

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Human nature will never change. There will always be rude people around, don't let them get to you. If someone starts insulting you, report them and leave.

Just enjoy the game on its own terms, don't let rude people ruin it for you.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
flutterby82401 wrote:

Hey, Caitlin~ I'm sorry this happened to you, but it's not a glitch. It's a rude player who talks trash about others to make himself feel better.

"Being mean" is not reportable, but swearing and threats are~ you should have reported this guy, as soon as he swore at you. There are several efforts already in place, both by KI and player-initiated groups, to stop foul language and harassment in-game... For future reference, I suggest putting people like that on Ignore~ that way, you don't have to listen to his mean words.

Happy & safe travels,

"El Veeb"
Wizard City Protector

-

(Mods~ please move this to Ravenwood Commons, as it has nothing to do with glitches; thanks!)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Derpinna wrote:

This happened to me just yesterday.

So, I was minding my own business in Celestia. These two 18+ chat girls were standing on the sigil next to me. I decided to join them because I had the same quest.

I said "hi" as we were going into the dungeon-thingy together.
They then started to talk to me rudely, told me to go away, to leave them alone and said some things that I couldn't hear like 'she is such a ...', '...' '...'.

One of them finally said 'leave her hear' and they both left me alone in the dungeon. I wanted to cry.

Whatever happened to you sounds a lot worse.. ugh. That would REALLY make me cry.

Wait. why are people 18+ (nearly adults!) being bullies?

Allison Silverblade
Grandmaster Diviner

Hey there, Allison~ anyone with money can get open chat, which means that the girls who bullied you were probably kids or young teens. In the case of underage players:

1) open chat is given to them by the parent who controls the account;
2) the parent has given his/her child access to the master password.

In my experience, players aged 12-18 are the most frequent abusers of chat privileges. Don't get me wrong~ most of them have good hearts and manners (I know a few personally), but there are always the ones who can't control their mouths and need to have a go at others to make themselves feel "big"... Most of them also seem to think that changing red words to yellow means that it's allowed in open chat and they can say anything they want.

I highly doubt those girls were "responsible" adults. If they were, then shame on them.

-veebz
wizarding aunt & WCP

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Welcome to the club..use the ignore button so you can press his off button, well he will stop being rude to you.

Wizardgirl1840,
Jessica/Jasmine.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2012
Hi, Caitlyn!

Lots of mean people get on games to vent and make themselves feel better by picking on other people. They don't realize--most of the time, anyways--that what they say can really hurt someone, even if it's not face-to-face interaction. Sometimes, people who get picked on get on the internet so they can make themselves feel better by picking on people younger than them. That does not excuse what he said to you. Unfortunately, being mean is not a reportable offense. But, if he said curse words, you could report him. He was probably reported by one of the Hall Monitors when he cursed, anyways.

And, Allison, I would like to apologize on behalf of my age group. Some times people are just plain mean. They probably would have never said those things in real life, but the internet makes people braver. They don't have to really face any consequences. The best thing you could have done is walk out the dungeon and change realms. Eventually, you'll find nice people who will go in with you.

Emmalinne Mythblade
Grandmaster Pyromancer

Kymma Dawnbringer
Adept Thaumaturge

Armiger
May 10, 2010
gtafreak101 wrote:
You cannot stop these people. Ki can't control millions of players. Unless you want there to be zero chatting in the game.

Not to get off topic here, but, Saying you can't stop something is just an excuse. It's not even relavent.

History, constantly reveals that things that people say, can not be done, have been done. Would you like examples?

Earth was flat, um, no, it's round.
Slavery will never end. Sorry, but it no longer exsists.
You can never get a man on the moon. 3 cheers the late, Niel Armstrong!
Women will never be equal to man. Sorry, but that is gone too.
Equal rights of everyone will never happen. Sorry, gone also.
Never have a black president, oh wait, President Obama?

So, will people say never a female president?
So, will people say you can never stop cursing?

People say that things will never happen, but if action is taken, it clearly can happen. The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
darthjt wrote:

Not to get off topic here, but, Saying you can't stop something is just an excuse. It's not even relavent.

History, constantly reveals that things that people say, can not be done, have been done. Would you like examples?

Earth was flat, um, no, it's round.
Slavery will never end. Sorry, but it no longer exsists.
You can never get a man on the moon. 3 cheers the late, Niel Armstrong!
Women will never be equal to man. Sorry, but that is gone too.
Equal rights of everyone will never happen. Sorry, gone also.
Never have a black president, oh wait, President Obama?

So, will people say never a female president?
So, will people say you can never stop cursing?

People say that things will never happen, but if action is taken, it clearly can happen. The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Earth was thought to be round before it was thought to be flat. Alas, an influence of the Dark Ages.

Virtual slavery still exists in several parts of the world.

There has always been a man on the moon (just look closely )

I'm not going to comment on the others for fear of becoming offensive.
(And you seem to have several misplaced commas)

#scarpion18ers

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
darthjt wrote:
[

Yep, you're off topic.

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
i was in a pvp match and the girl i was going against used very mean thing in pvp. they were like i am gonna kill ya! so mean