Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changes to Critical Hit and Critical Block system

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2013
12
Caleb Silverflame on Nov 21, 2015 wrote:
In theory, I like the new system. I like the direction it's heading in, and I believe this is how it should have been from day one. I also like how the new system brings percentages down for all players of all levels and (presumably) mobs and bosses. This solves the critical inflation, with critical rising above 100%.

I don't think we should revert back to the old system. But there are a few problems that need to be addressed. For one, I think the critical decay should be removed or made less of an impact. The idea is that as you level up, you get better gear. With dungeon gear such as Waterworks and Darkmoor being used for many levels, there isn't much we can do to counter this. In Polaris, I'm losing 1% critical and block per level! I know the decay helps keep us from having insane percentages, and I'm not sure how much critical percent a level 110 with 450 critical would get if the decay was completely removed. The decay has kept it in check, but it should be looked into and tweaked just a little bit.

Secondly, mobs and bosses are overpowered in previous worlds. There is a thread on Wizard101 Central that addresses this. Mobs and bosses may be affected by the change, but it doesn't seem to be as much. With our rapidly decaying stats, bosses in Azteca, Khrysalis and Darkmoor are actually harder than before. Our stats are declining but theirs are not. I'm not sure what can be done on this front, but I do think that the decay should really go away or change to a much smaller rate.

Perhaps the decay system could be reworked so that regardless of level, the higher your rating, the less percent more rating provides. For example, 450 critical could mean 30%, regardless of level. That's 15 rating per percent. But 15% would not be at 225 rating, but instead it would be at something like 150 rating, which is 10 rating per percent. When our gear provides us more rating, our stats will go up. But the stat inflation will slow down more and more.
Anyone who says they like the new system "in theory or otherwise" has definitely not put as much time and $$ into this as many of us have. A level 70 can have about 70% critical with a rating of a little over 300 whereas a level 110 requires a rating between 600-700. Now if you factor this, it isn't that difficult to get 300 critical between levels 70-80. However on the other hand attaining a critical of 700 at level 110 requires you to sacrifice everything: resist, block, damage, pierce, pip chance, etc. you get the idea. In essence this effectively makes lower levels more powerful than exalted and max players. Sure we have stronger spells but we can't afford to sacrifice our resist with the way we eat criticals like popcorn. and even our stronger spells mean little when lower levels have better critical than we do. It just doesn't make any sense that you would do this to us after many of us worked so very hard. It took me over 400 runs to get Morganthe's amulet and now it all seems so worthless why or how could you do this to us? What do you gain by destroying all our hard work? And not to mention that you downgraded the new up and coming exalted to lesser then lower levels because people can't even do darkmoor anymore. Many people won't even be able to get their exalted spells. You say to give it a try and see how it affects our game play well this is how. You basically made it pointless to level to exalted and above. And if there is no point in leveling then basically there isn't much in point playing at all!

Survivor
May 27, 2013
12
Zekrr on Nov 20, 2015 wrote:
The only things I see that are needed to be done, is that our chance of Blocking needs to significantly increase, and the ratio between Critical and Block being a factor in deciding if you block or not needs to return. Critical's are still very common in both PvP and PvE. Especially in level 60 PvP, due to no decrease in what Critical counts for. So if the two above things are not done, PvE and PvP will continue to be a huge mess of Critical's commonly happening and not being Blocked. Even if you lower Critical even more, having our chances of blocking being low is not a very good idea, if our block is close to the opponents amount of Critical, we deserve to block more often than not. And I am not just making this stuff up, I have seen it for myself. I have been testing it in the arena, and I can say I have not blocked a single Critical, even though they are still very common. And this is just not fair. I would say that if our chance of Block were to be increased by a decent amount, this new system would be perfect. Randomness and variation cannot be a factor in something as major as Critical.
If you think this new system would be perfect by adding more block then you must have not ever had any critical to begin with. You just don't realize how this affected powerful players that worked so hard to get where they are and what has been stripped from us. Hearing you say you see critical at the level 60 range so commonly only hurts me that much more when my critical percent is only 50% at about 520-550. How is it perfect that level 60 wizards should easily have more critical than I do? Simply giving us more block won't solve this problem. Requiring me to have 700 critical rating at exalted level means darkmoor gear and the one shot duel gear we worked for needs to improve drastically. We should effectively have 15-20% more critical than levels 70-80 on average. And as we excel to max we should another 5-10% on average above exalted if we put in the time to farm the gear. And everyone should have a 70% average block minimum in areas equal to their level. More if they are willing to sacrifice some damage or critical. This means that at level 60 if I am using the best gear "waterworks" in a level 60 zone I should block 70% of all critical from enemies. And if I am exalted in a level 70 zone I should block pretty much everything in a level 70 zone if you want to set a cap you should make it very high that any wizard block about 96% of the time so a level 70 could still have 96% block chance in a level 50 area, but a 70% block chance in a level 70 zone. And a max would have the cap of 96% in both cases. In any event you could affect critical in the same way but we should always have more critical than lower levels. I was in mount olympus and got critical by an enemy from my age of reckoning spell. I should have had a super high chance of blocking this but instead. I couldn't even block that 20% critical chance. Please give us back our critical and block.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
82
What upsets me more than anything is that the response seems to have been "Oh you just dont understand the random factor".Um sorry but we DO whenever any random element is added to any system everyone knows that the laws of chance take over from the laws of skill. This is basically what you have done to critical and block, no amount of skill will determine the outcome. there is no benefit in increasing stats at all unless you decide to go for 100% critical of block. Where and how is that fair for anyone who just wants a reasonable chance to do either?l If thats not bad enough you go and reduce critical and block on wizards to such an extent where they have virtually no chance to do either, but leave mobs and bosses just as able as they were before to do both. Previously I could confidently rely on critical and block enough to carry me through. I may not of critical hit every time and even when I did most bosses would block and most mobs wouldnt, that was fine, I expected bosses to be more difficult than a regular mob. If mobs critical on me I ALWAYS blocked them now hmm if I do its by some pure miracle, never mind in boss fights where I need to survive more rounds to be able to blade trap before I hit.You have called this system more effective than the old one I have yet to experience where that is the case, perhaps because I dont go for insane stats just balanced ones,. Are you going to refund me for all those packs I bought trying to get block wands or critical or whatever? I dont think so. Are you going to compensate me for the months and months I spent farming gear that is now worthless? You just made all your crowns packs and gear worthless.Please explain how making a paid item at best as good as a free one makes any financial sense whatsoever.Why would anyone buy hoard packs now?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
first of all, i want to clarify that i do not hate the game or anyone involved with it~ that said, as a longtime player, i am very disappointed in this recent turn of events.

pve is completely broken; while i was in test, there were parts in which my balance wizard (who has a perfect pet and the best gear) got absolutely slaughtered because everything criticaled every round and she didn't block a single one, not once... with 320 block. if anyone can get through that kind of block, then maybe the problem isn't me.

i soloed the entire game through khrysalis (save for the ridiculous cheat dungeons, of course). i've worked hard to get all of my wizards (even storm) good defensive stats, but this new meta renders all of that useless~ it's eliminated any kind of strategy and turned it into a dice roll, a lottery... just like everything else in-game.

(storm is my favourite wizard, but i will not be taking her through polaris; she simply doesn't have the health needed to survive back-to-back-to-back criticals).

@Raugalothlor and others are right~ it's far too late in the game to make these changes, and these proposed "improvements" are anything but. with this new system in place, my wizards are staying exactly where they are and i will not be questing or renewing my memberships unless this is fixed; my hard work has been completely negated, and defensive builds and solo/casual players are effectively dead.

there were plenty of complaints in test, more in live, and all have gone unacknowledged; a classic case of kingsisle not listening to their players.

-von

Survivor
Oct 01, 2014
41
Would you please at least give us a clue to what you are thinking? Tell us if there aren't going to be any changes. Or if you are looking at a change, please at least temporarily change the 2nd arc worlds back to what they were till you get this fixed.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2009
2
So because of KI's mistake with the Critical Hit and Critical Block system, consumers who have spent countless hours or crowns to improve there wizards in the old system just lose there progress? And for those folks who are happy with these changes have most likely not done Darkmoor since the update. I guess if KI can come out and state they will NOT revert back to the original system they created, we as the financial support can say we have spent enough.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2202
camclay116 on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
So because of KI's mistake with the Critical Hit and Critical Block system, consumers who have spent countless hours or crowns to improve there wizards in the old system just lose there progress? And for those folks who are happy with these changes have most likely not done Darkmoor since the update. I guess if KI can come out and state they will NOT revert back to the original system they created, we as the financial support can say we have spent enough.
you have every right to think that, but I can guarantee you that you'll never get enough people on your side to do any good

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
31
The impact this new Critical system will have on PvP will be practically game breaking (to people who enjoy the strategic aspect of PvP, not having most spells do double damage). Maybe not so much for level 110, as a very high block can be gained fairly easily, so it will be possible for people at that level to block quite often. But what about people who PvP at level 50-68? I would say probably the majority of people who play this game for PvP mainly do so in this level range, so why has this system been added with no consideration to us? If the system stays as it is, this level range will just be all critical's no blocks, people still critical very often, but now people very rarely block. Because high block is not very easy to get at this level, I do not understand why our chance of blocking has been lowered. Now even with a double block pet and conviction up most of the time you are not going to block, it just isn't fair for us and it just ruins any fun in PvP.

The amount of Critical not being involved with your chance of block would be fine if the percentage of block actually counted for something, but no. In this level range the average percentage will be around 20-35%. I don't understand why our chance of blocking would be lowered, and what the amount counts for in percentage terms, if gear is far more generous to critical than it is to block.

If there is not a large raise in the amount block gives as a percentage, and a raise in the chances of actually blocking I no longer see a point in PvP, and it is the only reason myself and many others play this game. And before you say just take part in level 110 PvP, no thank you, I don't want anything to do with that broken mess. There is a reason the majority do it at level 50-68. If you don't want to change it for the higher levels, just make it so levels 50-90 receive this raise. I believe it is highly needed.

And for people that think PvP should not be considered when large changes are made to the game, and I've seen many. Why shouldn't it? I would say the majority of people who spend a high amount of money on here play the game for PvP. With PvP gone I do not think this game would exist, and I think if something isn't done it is on a short journey to extinction, so we deserve to be thought about when huge updates like this are done.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2012
5
First off, this is my favorite game EVER I play every single day I love to get on but now I ignore my 110 death because with the new update 408 crit is 28% why?! 526 block is only 75%!!! Like seriously? This update was too insane probably over 98% of players think this update went too far and it needs to be reverted. I have had to drop my 480 crit to 408 because of this and that 480 crit is only 34%! Many people will be happy if you revert the system back if not many will be mad your decision lose players or keep players (Lose money or get money). Personally this update was too insane I hate it I hate it all! It needs to be reverted asap I am thinking of quitting thanks to you guys...

I hope you read this -.-

~Quin

Survivor
Apr 06, 2015
5
QuinTheDeathWiz on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
First off, this is my favorite game EVER I play every single day I love to get on but now I ignore my 110 death because with the new update 408 crit is 28% why?! 526 block is only 75%!!! Like seriously? This update was too insane probably over 98% of players think this update went too far and it needs to be reverted. I have had to drop my 480 crit to 408 because of this and that 480 crit is only 34%! Many people will be happy if you revert the system back if not many will be mad your decision lose players or keep players (Lose money or get money). Personally this update was too insane I hate it I hate it all! It needs to be reverted asap I am thinking of quitting thanks to you guys...

I hope you read this -.-

~Quin
I agree with you 100%! This update has destroyed my chances of finishing Khrysalis Part 2 with my brother. We fought Ghost Dog yesterday (November 22, 2015) and died three times from criticals left and right. If anything, KI needs to increase our wizards critical block because I've only blocked 5 total criticals out of LITERALLY 27 criticals. My brother also NEVER criticals anymore, even though he got blocked a lot, it was still very helpful. Critical chance and block chance should not be something that's random for anyone, especially when a critical or block decides whether you die or not for low health wizards.

I understand that people at KI don't want to revert the system back, but at least make it so we can critical and block again, because I'm at the point where I want to stop playing this game, which I don't want to do because it WAS amazing. Thanks for reading this, and I hope it will help fix this horrible system.

Kenneth FireBlade (Level 101)

Survivor
Sep 15, 2012
46
dayerider on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
you have every right to think that, but I can guarantee you that you'll never get enough people on your side to do any good
The sad part is you are probably right.

I do however wonder how KI will handle the fact that they are losing business left and right. There are really loyal players that obviously won't quit but I'm sure this change has started cutting into KI's profits. Maybe KI is listening and planning some kind of adjustment but there hasn't been any news of any concrete updates. I know the Professors have been saying adjustments will happen and I know these things take time, but they might want to make an official statement so they can calm the nerves of many concerned players; or I'm sure they will continue to lose people. Something along the lines of, "these adjustment changes will be implemented on such and such date". I for one am not happy with this system update. When I am struggling in boss fights and only survive cause of life drain death spells and my girl friends exalted storm only survives because she is constantly healing and shielding not attacking it's kind of not fun. The Darkmoor and exalted duel gear was suppose to be the strongest and since they made that gear heavy critical and critical block based it makes no sense to steal that strength away. Maybe they need to adjust the stats of the gear as well, just a thought. If something is coming soon that will balance this system out as proposed all I ask for is a concrete date so we "the players" know when we can look forward to once again playing the game we love. I hope each and every comment on these forums is considered and that KI takes them more seriously than it seems.

Administrator
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued feedback. As Cyrus said, we are looking for areas to improve the system and do understand and appreciate everyone's concerns in this matter.


community@wizard101.com
Defender
Oct 22, 2012
133
I am trying to figure this out. Polaris was designed for the new system. But now with the present changes it's about on par with worlds like Avalon or Azteca with the changes in difficulty. Polaris does have a few bosses that are what I would expect from a higher world. So a level 70 wizard is averaging about the same level difficulty as a level100 to 110 wizard. Just doesn't make sense.

Delver
Mar 13, 2010
299
ZombBone on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
The sad part is you are probably right.

I do however wonder how KI will handle the fact that they are losing business left and right. There are really loyal players that obviously won't quit but I'm sure this change has started cutting into KI's profits. Maybe KI is listening and planning some kind of adjustment but there hasn't been any news of any concrete updates. I know the Professors have been saying adjustments will happen and I know these things take time, but they might want to make an official statement so they can calm the nerves of many concerned players; or I'm sure they will continue to lose people. Something along the lines of, "these adjustment changes will be implemented on such and such date". I for one am not happy with this system update. When I am struggling in boss fights and only survive cause of life drain death spells and my girl friends exalted storm only survives because she is constantly healing and shielding not attacking it's kind of not fun. The Darkmoor and exalted duel gear was suppose to be the strongest and since they made that gear heavy critical and critical block based it makes no sense to steal that strength away. Maybe they need to adjust the stats of the gear as well, just a thought. If something is coming soon that will balance this system out as proposed all I ask for is a concrete date so we "the players" know when we can look forward to once again playing the game we love. I hope each and every comment on these forums is considered and that KI takes them more seriously than it seems.
The adjustments shouldn't be necessary.

This implementation, if it had been done properly would have upset people at first, but most would probably have come around. Initially, the stated intention was a huge decay between Levels 100 and Level 101, with Critical working as it used to up until Level 100 and hitting the new system at Level 101. They didn't realize that that would break the game for anyone who did any side quests, as those people will reach 100 long before finishing Khrysalis. Unless they did nothing but Darkmoor between Level 100 and 101, they'd never be able to do Darkmoor.

The community pointed that out and the answer was to backdate it and affect the enemies. They backdated it all right, but they clearly didn't properly adjust ratings for enemies, as evidenced by players who previously did X with no issues now not being able to complete it, even with significant gear adjustments.

The adjustments shouldn't be necessary because the company that programs the game should know it better than its players. They should never have thought they could do what they initially planned and before this hit TEST they should have already programmed the backdate, including the enemies.

It's dumbfounding.

I actually think the changes will benefit the game, if done correctly. Since they haven't been and probably can't be any time soon, they need to revert at least prior to Polaris - and for anyone not in Polaris - to the "old" system until all changes can be made and thoroughly internally tested. A TEST realm should be opened for this and only this, and once it seems to be stable only then should it go live.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
ZombBone on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
The sad part is you are probably right.

I do however wonder how KI will handle the fact that they are losing business left and right. There are really loyal players that obviously won't quit but I'm sure this change has started cutting into KI's profits. Maybe KI is listening and planning some kind of adjustment but there hasn't been any news of any concrete updates. I know the Professors have been saying adjustments will happen and I know these things take time, but they might want to make an official statement so they can calm the nerves of many concerned players; or I'm sure they will continue to lose people. Something along the lines of, "these adjustment changes will be implemented on such and such date". I for one am not happy with this system update. When I am struggling in boss fights and only survive cause of life drain death spells and my girl friends exalted storm only survives because she is constantly healing and shielding not attacking it's kind of not fun. The Darkmoor and exalted duel gear was suppose to be the strongest and since they made that gear heavy critical and critical block based it makes no sense to steal that strength away. Maybe they need to adjust the stats of the gear as well, just a thought. If something is coming soon that will balance this system out as proposed all I ask for is a concrete date so we "the players" know when we can look forward to once again playing the game we love. I hope each and every comment on these forums is considered and that KI takes them more seriously than it seems.
I cancelled my membership last night. 2 weeks left.

It's been a long time coming though. It's not just the new crit/block system, there are a lot of things. This game hasn't been fun to me for almost 2 years. This particular issue was just what I needed to push me in the direction I've been leaning for a long time.

I really wanted to stay, but the truth is this game just isn't for me anymore.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
657
This change to the critical hit and critical block system makes me instantly think of the expression "if it isn't broke; don't fix it!"

I remember this amazing clam shack in Maine on the side of road that always had a line of people from the time they opened to when they closed; with folks traveling across multiple state lines, and all because of what they did with their meals, and this one award winning soup in particular. This went on for years; and then one day, the business was sold because the owner wanted to retire. And the new owners to save money, watered down their famous soup recipe. They wouldn't adjust the recipe back; and very quickly, all the lines disappeared. With great reluctance, the new owners finally went back to the original, recipe; but the lines and volume of business never returned. They eventually closed shop.

If it isn't broken; don't fix it
applied to that business, and it also applies to the new critical hit and critical block system too. My family's been playing since beta; and as much as we all love Wizard 101, no one's a fan of this change, except the developer who suggested it, and maybe the new owners of the clam shack mentioned in the above story! and if you believe that, I'd love to sell you some clam soup that's been watered down; and the Brooklyn Bridge too.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
8
After the update was done, I kind of was annoyed by the fact that I was not getting a critical hit as often as I used to, but over time, I got acclimated to the change. I am content with the fact that I'm not dependent on critical as much and that it makes areas a bit more challenging in the areas prior to Polaris and it makes Vengeance and our Khrysalis bubbles relevant. Although, at the same time, I think it creates a unique disadvantage to players of ice and life classes. As a myth, I have a moderate critical rating at 25%, so I'm not complaining on my behalf, but when it comes to storm, they can still reach the 100% mark with little to no problem. This could be solved with a steeper handicap, but the problem is, that would make it harsher for ice and life wizard critical hit chance. I would recommend that, in order to make it a little more fair to people of moderate or less so critical, that the equation be changed to a logarithmic function or an exponential equation with a fractional exponent rather than the use of simple division. With a logarithmic function or exponential equation with a fractional exponent, it is easier to increase critical percentages at lower critical ratings, but it gets progressively more difficult to increase critical percentage as you increase critical rating. If done right, this would ensure that players wouldn't always critical (which knocks away the habit of depending on it) and it would be more fair with schools who aren't adept with critical chance. This would help with the healers in the game, making the life school not feel as left out with the Polaris update.

I know this is quite a steep recommendation with my commentary, but it is just a thought. You have more expertise on this matter and I enjoy the game even with the critical system. I can't wait to see what else you have in store.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2009
66
After playing on both my max and non max players, it is very obvious that this update was directed to go along with Polaris. The update isn't terrible there, I critical every once in a while and block sometimes. And because the crit and block were reduced, they reduced the health of those enemies. But for lower level players especially in worlds like Azteca and Khrysalis, this. does. not. work. My crit is now 4 percent on my wiz in Azteca. And it doesn't seem like the crit chances of the enemies were not reduced as much as ours. So now I never block when they crit, which is a lot. Also, there health is still as high as it was. And because I never crit, it takes a very long time to kill, that is if I don't die.

So my biggest suggestion is to increase the block chance. I can deal with the nerfed crit, but not being able to block has destroyed my ability to move forward in the game. Also, in lower worlds, you might consider lowering the enemies health if we are not going to crit as much, and maybe adjust gear stats to reflect the new system.

Please KI, I have not met one person who is satisfied with the way this is working, and I really don't want to give up this game. I have been playing for 6 years, but I fear that if something is not done soon, you will lose many loyal customers. I hope this can be resolved in a reasonable amount of time.

Samantha Hawkrider Prodigious

Survivor
May 29, 2010
3
I don't know if this is where to post this, or if it will even get posted, but I'm trying anyway. For the most part I like the game, have played for years. The graphics are good, the movement's smooth and the transitions don't take too long. My gripe is with this latest update. I haven't finished Khrysalis because I didn't see any reason to continue questing if I wasn't going to receive the EXP. I was excited for Polaris, mainly because of the lvl cap increase. What I'm very displeased with is the new and messed up critical/block system. I read their "reasoning" behind why they decided to make it more difficult. I've played some since the update and am not encouraged to continue. I didn't rely on critical to go off in the first place, but watching it drop from 70% to 32% was very angering. Even more so was my block dropping from its measly 30% to a completely useless 10%. As I played, I noticed my critical goes off MAYBE 1/15 of what it used to and my block never protects me anymore. Looking at the figures I calculated that the critical rating/total critical hit is roughly 1/12, meaning my 389 total only gives me 32%; and that block is roughly 1/16, my 157 only gives 10%. I am completely missing why this was thought to be a good idea. The balance has not evened out, it has been tipped in the computers' favor. It is now impossible to accumulate enough block, or for that matter critical, to face off against these unchanged and continually harder bosses. I also don't understand why the damage jewels I have equipped do not increase the damage I deal. I have checked and they do not give me the added damage at all. And yes, the jewel effect option is on, but they don't do anything. (For ex.) My base death damage is 42, meaning for Lulu, her damage does ~1425. I have 62 damage from jewels equipped, meaning Lulu should do ~2040, but she doesn't. What's the deal? Are the damage jewels a complete waste and not designed to increase output?

Am I the only one who'd like a legit and reasonable explanation as to why they felt it necessary to make the game that much more difficult???

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
6
This is not a small issue. How can you change the WHOLE critical system that only can be balanced with the new world gear. Makes all the crit gear in the 2nd arc totally irrelevant. Fix this ASAP.

Survivor
Jul 05, 2014
12
dayerider on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
you have every right to think that, but I can guarantee you that you'll never get enough people on your side to do any good
Don't be so sure . There's an old saying that might fit here , " For every cockroach you see there's a thousand you don't ."
What I've seen here is that most who have spoken up and really know the game can't stand the critical / block changes . I consider myself to be one and right now my game has mostly been a waiting game to consider if I want to throw good money after bad or if my concerns are going to be addressed .

Survivor
May 14, 2011
8
You're still looking? Even after the hundreds, if not thousands of responses and concerns about the new Critical and Block system from all over the internet, including Wizard101central, the forums here, and on social media? I would assume there is already a clear-cut issue everyone is concerned with in one way or another that has been suggested to the developers since Test Realm came out on November 2nd. What other changes could you be looking for (besides the bugs and lagging in Polaris; well anything in Polaris for that matter)?

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
Ty Lung the Majest... on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
To be honest... I like the new updates.
I imagine they have something in mind for when they created this new critical and block system, from how Cyrus quotes it... They make it sound that Wizard101 will continue to make new worlds along with new spell and ability capabilities... Sometimes you have to think... "Why would they do such a thing?""Will we get a trade off for it?""Is there something we don't know about this new change?"... It makes you think...
I intend to continue playing the game and support their decisions. I dont even mind if Critical and Block were removed, this game has meant at least something to me... Thats what counts. At least Wizard101 can make some Wizards happy.
Sure... My critical-universal block is dropped to lvl 50 approx. now... (39% Life Crit-18% Universal, Respectively)... But with my gear being Jade-Yet Not (Rockstar Boots, Exalt Dungeon Gear)... I think I can handle the world just fine.

I look forward to what additional things Wizard101 has in store for us.

Kane Lifebringer, Level 103+ Life Wizard

Suggestion: If ultimately I was asked to throw in an idea on how to change the Critical system...
Id suggest separating the System into 2... One System would be utilized in PvP, the other outside of PvP (Questing, Dungeons, etc.)
The PvP system would utilize the Current Critical System as of the Polaris Changes
The Game World, Area, Dungeon Critical System would utilize the System from Before Polaris.
It seems quite odd to me that you stated being pleased with the new updates, yet if someone were to ask you to fix the critical system, you would separate the systems into two: the new system will be utilized in PvP and the system prior Polaris will be utilized in PvE. Why? Didn't you stated being pleased with the new updates? You're clearly not if you want to make changes.

Like many others, your "solution" for solving the system is quite biased. Your "solution" only favors one side of the game: PvE. If anything wants to be done to solve this issue, both aspects of the game should be taken into consideration and must be solved. Not just one.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
Thank you, Professor Greyrose, for your acknowledgement. I do believe that the massive negative response to how crit/block is currently being handled needs a desperate adjustment.

I do want to say something on the positive side, though. The Polaris graphics are stunning, and the writing is exquisite and entertaining. It has been a long time since I enjoyed a world so much visually.

Thank you!

Logan Hawkcatcher, L106 Storm

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
82
Professor Greyrose on Nov 23, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued feedback. As Cyrus said, we are looking for areas to improve the system and do understand and appreciate everyone's concerns in this matter.
I am glad you are at least listening. I tried and others tried to express our feeling towards this system while it was still in test. Although I appreciate deeply the attempt that you have all made to change the critical system, I am still left wondering what exactly was wrong with the old system in general questing? Why was there a need to change it. This is I think what many like me are still left wondering.If PVP was having issues then I understand that must be dealt with to improve their experiences as much as mine questing. Perhaps since PVP has its own gear and such improvements could of been made there and left PVE more or less as it was? I still cannot help feeling cheated out of time and money I spent on packs and months of farming gear which benefited me and my team mates to be able to quest stress free, but now that is gone. The only reason so far I have not cancelled is I have 10 months on 2 accounts left and some crowns.I have many small wizards I would love to finish on both accounts, but now very much reluctant to do so. I used to always go back and help other people who needed or wanted gear to farm regardless if I needed anything or not, that is gone now. I have no wish to go back and be beaten on by mobs and barely survive as I can no longer effectively block and any chance of critical heals is more or less dead 1% chance of critical healing is never going to be effective in any meta. I love this game and all my friends but the more and more updates that you have released which hampers my enjoyment of helping others the more I dont want to play.The reason I play wizards is the comeradery getting together and having fun in a stress free enviroment, please please fix this mess.