Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changes to Critical Hit and Critical Block system

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2010
7
Honestly, what I think needs to be done is either conviction needs to be buffed again, or we need to have base critical and block as we level. Just like pip chance. I actually came up with a formula

.5*110= 55 critical
1*110 = 110 block

This would happen from level 50, to max. Why did I choose more block than critical however? I chose it because if KI wants us to go damage based, then so be it. I can get Triple damage pets with double resist with a damage jewel socketed. I don't mind. But I am more concerned about block because of Darkmoor and future dungeons like Darkmoor that could happen.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2015
4
You say that you guys want people to have fun playing your game. With the new critical system, It isn't fun anymore, it was fine the way it was. Please change it back!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3171
Christopher Storm on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
I have something to say about the new system, and I think it should be heard.

Honestly, I am appalled at it. I understand KingsIsle wants the game to be more challenging for us, and I accept that. I enjoy a challenge. But however, I've noticed Darkmoor is not possible now.

My storm first off when Darkmoor was released had no block whatsoever. I was dying a lot in there and that's because I had no gear. After I got all my Darkmoor gear, terror hoard pack wand, etc. I ended up maintaining a 85% critical, to 70% block ratio. Now, in Darkmoor you need conviction if you have below 70%. I feel like it's true. After I started using conviction in Darkmoor when I had no block on my storm, I'd block everything. Now my storm is sitting at 37% critical, with 40% block. (Only because I now use the darkmoor hood rather than the hood of desert rains.) But this is besides the point. Why am I complaining about Darkmoor and tying it with this example.

My myth recently hit 100, almost a month ago actually. And ever since the update. I have 27% critical and block on a exalted Myth. That shouldn't. No. How is Darkmoor even doable at this point? KingsIsle, you nerfed conviction which was the most reliable critical block spell in the game. It was at 90% block, and then you took it down to 20%? And not only this, but how are jades supposed to be defensive now when they can be hit with a critical? I understand you want the game to be more challenging. And I love a challenge. But I'd rather Polaris have minions with a lot of health, and can block my storm a lot than have no chance of even blocking Rasputin. I strongly feel like a change needs to happen. And I'm not the only one who agrees. My friend Dakota Storm, level 82. He only has 13% block and is in Azteca. A storm with that much block in Azteca is doomed. Please listen KI, and change this.. It's made the game unenjoyable.
hear, hear!

i have full darkmoor gear on one wizard; i have 2 others who need it, as well as a life wizard who is coming up on level 100, but i have no desire to attempt any of it with the new system in place.

i have no problem with a challenge; however, fact remains that it's far too late for this sort of change~ if the system "never was supposed to work that way", as various mods said, both during test and now in live, then it should have been fixed straight out of the starting gate. you can't expect to overhaul such a fundamental aspect of the game, 50 levels after the fact, without backlash.

i, and i'm sure others, have build entire setups around the old system, spent months farming or training pets, in anticipation of the next world, and our hard work and effort has been entirely negated. solo players are effectively dead, as are defensive builds and the casual/family aspect of this game. at this point, i'll be taking only one wizard (probably balance) into polaris~ storm is my favourite, but she won't be setting foot anywhere near it until the system is fixed; she simply doesn't have the health required to withstand all of those back-to-back criticals.

tucsonwiz, i have a great deal of respect for you, and we have agreed on many things in the past; unfortunately, this is not one of them.

-von

Survivor
Feb 11, 2015
11
High Five Ghost on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
Even with all of its drawbacks the most important aspect of a game is still there, at least in my opinion...
It's CHALLENGING and FUN, and that's what it's all about.


The key point here is "your opinion". The important aspects of this game to me were fun and family-friendly.

This game no longer offers either of those to me. They've taken families right out of it, and that's primarily the people I used to quest with. People like me who were playing the game with our kids.

Now our kids don't play. They're not master strategists. They make mistakes. And in the worlds past Zafaria, if you make a mistake, you're stupid and everybody hates you. Children have fragile enough self esteem as it is without thinking people hate them for not being perfect in a game... a GAME.

Wizard101 is no longer a game for children, and as such it is no longer a game for families, so KI should not be surprised that families are going to slowly disappear from their customer base.

If you love strong challenges, then fantastic! You're who they're building the game for. I wish you the best of luck. I hope those of you who remain will be able to financially support KI enough to continue to build the game you want.
The kid aspect does concern me in this family friendly mmorpg. Most posters on this & other forums re this issue seem to be older players, yet I would wager most players are kids whose voices aren't being heard directly. High Five Ghost is right re young kids: they don't strategize so much, & they don't play "the perfect game" (few players do). When a 10 yr old logs in, faces a changed game, and suddenly his wiz "doesn't work anymore", it's not just frustrating. Getting crit on constantly, not blocking, and dying all the time isn't fun, but it is reason to move on to a game that is. They don't care about the need for or reasons behind the changes, or whether there may be improvements later. Today matters, not next week; if wiz101 is a fail in the fun category today, & the kid can't make any progress in a game where progression in varied areas is the point, then tomorrow brings a different game.

Prior to changes I was a relatively adept, primarily solo Myth wiz that had gone through 100 lvls, adapting, learning, dealing with challenges each level & world brought, & having fun doing it. The Day the changes were implemented, fun factor declined. Now i'm crit on relentlessly by bosses and mobs, while my crit block is all but nonexistent. I can deal with a much lower crit rate, but not with spending every fight casting shields and heals instead of hits, after successive rounds of critical boss hits that I no longer block. I die repeatedly now, and have taken up perm residence in sardonyx, with little hope of making it thru. Being a noob exalt, I don't have my spell yet, and now little hope of going thru darkmoor (went x2 in the past few days, & "team up" brought no help in a place that used to be full of people. I've been told repeatedly "it's because of the changes", "people don't want to do it anymore). I don't want to quit the game, but it's more DysFunction than Fun now, and an exercise in frustration isn't my idea of enjoyment.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
22
retro980 on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
You say that you guys want people to have fun playing your game. With the new critical system, It isn't fun anymore, it was fine the way it was. Please change it back!
retro980 hate to say it, but they already said they will not change it back and Kingsisle really doesn't care what we think (in my opinion). Even with elixir of fortification which cost 500 crowns did not block any critical hits in cell block A in Polaris my block is 24% with this new adjustment if this is what I have to deal with then I quit finding new game to play.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
883
Dr Von on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
hear, hear!

i have full darkmoor gear on one wizard; i have 2 others who need it, as well as a life wizard who is coming up on level 100, but i have no desire to attempt any of it with the new system in place.

i have no problem with a challenge; however, fact remains that it's far too late for this sort of change~ if the system "never was supposed to work that way", as various mods said, both during test and now in live, then it should have been fixed straight out of the starting gate. you can't expect to overhaul such a fundamental aspect of the game, 50 levels after the fact, without backlash.

i, and i'm sure others, have build entire setups around the old system, spent months farming or training pets, in anticipation of the next world, and our hard work and effort has been entirely negated. solo players are effectively dead, as are defensive builds and the casual/family aspect of this game. at this point, i'll be taking only one wizard (probably balance) into polaris~ storm is my favourite, but she won't be setting foot anywhere near it until the system is fixed; she simply doesn't have the health required to withstand all of those back-to-back criticals.

tucsonwiz, i have a great deal of respect for you, and we have agreed on many things in the past; unfortunately, this is not one of them.

-von
A good post. I find it ironic in the way they insist on fixing this issue, directly results in the outrage of the members. Even I, in my excessive ignorance, could find a way to make needed changes, without resulting in the ire of my paying customers. You would think at some point they would simply admit they screwed up, and seek a much more equitable resolution. I have seen many solutions proposed that seem to have merit, and yet they have all been ignored so far in favor of this current fiasco. Hopefully they can garner needed clarity on this issue, before the game is lost.

"There is no shame in being wrong. Shame is reserved for the ones who won't admit it, or worse deny it".
- Intrepidatius

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
2221
Dr Von on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
hear, hear!

i have full darkmoor gear on one wizard; i have 2 others who need it, as well as a life wizard who is coming up on level 100, but i have no desire to attempt any of it with the new system in place.

i have no problem with a challenge; however, fact remains that it's far too late for this sort of change~ if the system "never was supposed to work that way", as various mods said, both during test and now in live, then it should have been fixed straight out of the starting gate. you can't expect to overhaul such a fundamental aspect of the game, 50 levels after the fact, without backlash.

i, and i'm sure others, have build entire setups around the old system, spent months farming or training pets, in anticipation of the next world, and our hard work and effort has been entirely negated. solo players are effectively dead, as are defensive builds and the casual/family aspect of this game. at this point, i'll be taking only one wizard (probably balance) into polaris~ storm is my favourite, but she won't be setting foot anywhere near it until the system is fixed; she simply doesn't have the health required to withstand all of those back-to-back criticals.

tucsonwiz, i have a great deal of respect for you, and we have agreed on many things in the past; unfortunately, this is not one of them.

-von
i have no problem with a challenge; however, fact remains that it's far too late for this sort of change~ if the system "never was supposed to work that way", as various mods said, both during test and now in live, then it should have been fixed straight out of the starting gate. you can't expect to overhaul such a fundamental aspect of the game, 50 levels after the fact, without backlash.

This, just this, explains the issue people have, clearly. The exact same argument could be made about PvP, that it should have been fixed way back when. Everybody knows I dont PvP, but I feel if it was fixed back when, we wouldnt be seeing soo many posts about how bad it is now.

Defender
Nov 24, 2012
124
Something needs to be done about Life critical heals. I feel like I have to justify myself again and again because this topic is so underrated and barely anyone seems to be aware of this problem or even care. You don't have to be Life to understand this matter. Seriously, I don't know how else to word my concern.

My Exalted Life wizard achieved a critical of 94% in the old system. Now his critical has decreased and will continue to decrease as he levels up. As a Life wizard, I never had a hard time finding a group in dungeons, PvP, or PvE—but something tells me that might change. Next time you're looking for a healer, you don't have to look for a Life wizard. Deciding whether to have a Life or a nonlife wizard with a life mastery amulet as your healer won't make much difference because now anyone can heal just as well as Life wizards. I, like many Life wizards, rely heavily on critical heals to heal teammates. Asking KingsIsle to revert the system to the way it was in the past is out of the question because I know it won't happen. So I now advice KingsIsle that the Life critical heal (or heals in general) calculation should be different than the critical damage calculations without nerfing our critical heal calculations. Keep the critical heal percentage the same it was in the old system. Example: my critical heal percentage will stay at 94% but my critical damage will be different. That way Life can heal effectively.

Hopefully, KingsIsle doesn't have to see a million posts about this issue to realize what the new system has done to Life.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
93
Professor Greyrose on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
Any changes will be noted in the game update notes.

Thanks for your continued patience as we evaluate the situation and work toward adjustments.
You are not fixing anything. So many have sent complaints about the critical and block system, and the spells, yet the only thing Kingsisle has done is add a bit of damage to the spells, and a slight increase in block. WE want and need the old system back.

WE are the players, we are the ones experiencing your ''fixes'', please listen to us for better feedback. Thank you.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
For those interested in how the system works supported by testing.

Critical System

For those interested in how you can utilize the new system to your advantage.

Balanced Sets

Critical Farming Sets

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
35
I mean seriously you think it was wise move transfer a new critical and block system to live realm without thinking twice of it. I guessing your not aware of current uproar this change to critical and block system that going in wizard101 community of late here. I highly suggest you either put this new critical system in pvp only and return old critical system back for questing reason this be far better solution then plain out refuse to return critical and block system to older way it was lot easier to play the game here. lot your wizards not currently happy with this change to critical and block system. Either you make new gear that help us higher level wizard out or revert back to old critical and block system unit you find a better work out for this new critical and block system.

From
William Hawk Grove max level balance

Survivor
May 11, 2013
1
this new system is terrible. it is almost impossible to solo anything without buying henchmen constantly. i will get crit on constantly and will almost NEVER block a critical. not only do you need to change the block but LOWER the bosses and minions critical as well. now the critical, unless you are storm you are going to have a very hard time trying to critical. even with my 380 critical on my fire it is almost useless now. the last system was completely fine and i have no idea why you guys have changed this.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2010
5
Since the new world of Polaris came out, I have noticed with dismay that in every world my wizards' ability to Critical Block and Critical hit has been diminished considerably. Whereas before he could block as much as the Bosses now he is lucky if he blocks once every 10 times. This certainly making the game much less enjoyable as I spend a lot of my time getting killed before I can get a good hit in and ending up collecting mana and health after being killed. So many other players I have spoken to are of the same opinion and, as I am, are thinking that it is a waste of time even trying to battle the Bosses. Such a shame as the game used to be really fun for FAMILIES. Now it is turning into just another run of the mill survive if you can. Many of us are seriously considering ending our subscriptions and looking elsewhere for e good FAMILY game which Kids and Adults alike can have fun.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4163
Christopher Storm on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
I have something to say about the new system, and I think it should be heard.

Honestly, I am appalled at it. I understand KingsIsle wants the game to be more challenging for us, and I accept that. I enjoy a challenge. But however, I've noticed Darkmoor is not possible now.

My storm first off when Darkmoor was released had no block whatsoever. I was dying a lot in there and that's because I had no gear. After I got all my Darkmoor gear, terror hoard pack wand, etc. I ended up maintaining a 85% critical, to 70% block ratio. Now, in Darkmoor you need conviction if you have below 70%. I feel like it's true. After I started using conviction in Darkmoor when I had no block on my storm, I'd block everything. Now my storm is sitting at 37% critical, with 40% block. (Only because I now use the darkmoor hood rather than the hood of desert rains.) But this is besides the point. Why am I complaining about Darkmoor and tying it with this example.

My myth recently hit 100, almost a month ago actually. And ever since the update. I have 27% critical and block on a exalted Myth. That shouldn't. No. How is Darkmoor even doable at this point? KingsIsle, you nerfed conviction which was the most reliable critical block spell in the game. It was at 90% block, and then you took it down to 20%? And not only this, but how are jades supposed to be defensive now when they can be hit with a critical? I understand you want the game to be more challenging. And I love a challenge. But I'd rather Polaris have minions with a lot of health, and can block my storm a lot than have no chance of even blocking Rasputin. I strongly feel like a change needs to happen. And I'm not the only one who agrees. My friend Dakota Storm, level 82. He only has 13% block and is in Azteca. A storm with that much block in Azteca is doomed. Please listen KI, and change this.. It's made the game unenjoyable.
Conviction was never 90% block it was +90 block rating. 20% block on the new Conviction is lower block for players under level 93 and higher block for players over 102 than the old +90 was. Under the old +90 rating, <lvl52 = 25% block, 53-62 = 24%, 63-72 = 23%, 73-82 = 22%, 83-92 = 21% 93-100 = 20%. Now everyone gets 20% instead of under the old Conviction where 103+ would have been 19% and continuing downward as new levels are added.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
1
I have to agree with most of the posts on here and I agree that I too am very disappointed in the new system. Bosses and even their henchmen are starting with 4 and 5 power pips at lvl 60ish while I"m starting with one and half then they start 1st 8 out of 10 times and by the time my part of the turn rolls around I'm already at half life hoping for a heal that never even shows up in my deck half the time. Then, when at last I get built up to about a 1000 I get crit a couple of times in a row and I'm done. Its so out of balance. Most fights IF I get a dmg card to cast it's the lowest one in my deck while the rest of what I'm dealt is all shields, card buffs, 2 fortifications or empowerments or any of the others I might have that are buffs or debuffs. I can literally fight after fight drop all my cards and get a similar set up again. (by which time I'm usually dead) The decks limit how many blades and shields you can have of any one class but the bosses never run out. It's like clockwork. Blade, shield then throw the biggest baddest spell at me for a crit that takes my meager life down to nothing. Since the new "system" I've NEVER blocked with a 44 block rating and though I have a 103 crit rating for myth I'm lucky to crit once or twice a fight and even that is rare. Most times I can go a whole fight and never crit. I see this new system as a fail and I don't think I"ll be renewing in January.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2015
5
I have played this game longer than my "Joined" date says, this is only one of my newest accounts. I've been playing this game for about 5 years now, and I've really enjoyed it. There have been times where I have taken long breaks from it, but I still came back every time because of how much fun this game was for me. However, I've never seen such a poor decision done by KI in my entire time of playing. The Polaris update looks beautiful, wonderful graphics, amazing story and dialogue, but why in the world would you change critical and critical block?! In my opinion the old system was perfect, higher critical goes through lower block, and higher block stops lower criticals. How was this system bad or broken?! Yeah, I understand that people complain about being crit on in PvP and PvE while they had high block, but that doesn't make it broken, that's just the chance of you blocking or not!

Clearly I'm not alone in my decision of the old system being better, there are a ton of people on here just repeating eachother over and over and over again, stating the same point every time. Blaze and Blue from YouTube even talk about how difficult this makes Azteca, Khrysalis, Darkmoor, and Polaris in their "Road to 110" series with their Life and Myth characters. I understand the people at KI don't want to revert the system, but you guys need to do something to fix this critical block issue, because it's just starting to become way less fun to play, and all it's causing me is stress after repeated deaths.

Thanks for reading my thoughts on the system, and KI, if you read this, please do something to fix this amazing game from this choice of changing critical and critical block. We should never have to have lower critical or critical block when we need it so badly in a game where that can change a battle in a second.

Kenneth FireBlade (Level 101)

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
39
I am very disgusted with the designer changes with the critical System

Being a very active wizard on the game for years. This change took me by surprise. So today I performed a test with two of my characters.
  1. I noticed at 350 points my critical block was 50%.
  2. So next i add 30 points to make it 380 and block was increased to 56%.
  3. Then I increase 100 points on a different wizard which resulted in 3% increase. This seems odd for a game that is now becoming balanced. It's funny how balance is spoke of, but it's not really and never has been and can't be.

The other system was not broken.

If this was changed because wizards were complaining about fights being too easy and need more of a challenge.(Someone should have just instructed them to wear weaker gear).
If it was because people dying in PVP .( maybe they they should look at there strategy or work to achieve better gear).

It feels like instead of trying to improve our wizards, we are being handed a participation trophy.

No school are the same, the cards fall at random.

Since the change of the critical system I have yet to find any reference to how to improve your wizard that discusses the new changes. If this is something that wizards are going to have to deal with, we should have an idea of best play.
OH! That might not be a good idea. They might just change it again.
The previous critical system was not broke. But the one now is.
I have not seen anything stating that this is a recognized issue. ( we need that dearly)
For wizards that are mediocre. Bless us all. Because we will never be able to quest at the upper areas.
For those with good or great stats I hope ya can help me one day.

The game is different on so many levels. We as wizards had to learn how to improve our game. I was not just given to us, it was earned. However it is being taken away.

If you agree please respond. If you read this and agree there is an issue please reply.

I think some communication on this would be great.

Thanks Peeps

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
613
TucsonWizard on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
First off, thanks(?) to all who insisted on arguing the validity of my opinion. Most of you have opinions that differ from mine and that's fine. This forum is all about good healthy discussion so it is doing its job.
Many think that KI is turning a deaf ear to the issues being brought up here. I don't. I'm definitely not trying to be their apologist but I do think they listen. I won't go into a long detailed list of issues that have been addressed throughout the growth of this game, everyone who's played for a while knows that they pay attention and make adjustments. A company with the ultimate goal of making money does not purposely alienate its core customer base. Unfortunately with a million members come a million differing opinions as to how things should work.
At the end of the day this is a game. Entertainment. A pastime offered up to those who wish to partake. If it's no longer fun for you then, by all means, adios, sayonara, ciao, auf wiedersehen, catch you on the flip side. Sorry to see any of you go but if you feel strongly enough about this issue, or any issue for that matter, then there's obviously no reason to stick around. I choose the glass half full approach and intend to keep playing. There is so much that's good in the game I'm not going to let something like this spoil it for me.
When it's no longer fun I'll walk away but until then, I'm in.

A specific retort to Angel of Solitude:
-I am also a paying player and this is my voice. I referenced my statements as being from the viewpoint of a "weak and vulnerable" Life wizard. But I also have Fire, Death, Myth and Balance wizards who have relied heavily on critical hit and block. Obviously they've been negatively affected in different ways by this update. And yes, I've farmed for gear for ALL of these wizards... I'd wager to say as much as if not more than most. I'm no happier about the recent changes than anyone else is but it still doesn't have me running for the hills.
I agree with you. I think they do listen, and I think they are addressing the issue.

I probably haven't been following this as closely as some others, but I'm pretty certain one of my characters last week had 3% crit block, and without changing any gear this week had a double digit crit block. Still under 20%, but he also blocked a number of critical attacks too.

But as I said before, unfortunately it's not just this issue that pushed me away. It's been something that's been piling up for a long time. This was a tiny, almost insignificant issue in the grand scheme of things, it just happened to be that tiny, insignificant event that started the avalanche.

There are a lot of really great things about the game that I'm going to miss, but much like the critical/block system that needed to be changed to work the way it was intended, the game has been building on certain fundamental principles for a number of years that take it in a direction that doesn't appeal to me. Unlike the tweaks and changes that could improve the new critical/block system, I really don't see any way for KI to get the game back to what I used to enjoy. The massive overhaul to take it back to its roots may be possible, but is totally unrealistic at this point. I've just finally decided to accept that instead of living in denial.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
1127
Dr Von on Nov 25, 2015 wrote:
hear, hear!

i have full darkmoor gear on one wizard; i have 2 others who need it, as well as a life wizard who is coming up on level 100, but i have no desire to attempt any of it with the new system in place.

i have no problem with a challenge; however, fact remains that it's far too late for this sort of change~ if the system "never was supposed to work that way", as various mods said, both during test and now in live, then it should have been fixed straight out of the starting gate. you can't expect to overhaul such a fundamental aspect of the game, 50 levels after the fact, without backlash.

i, and i'm sure others, have build entire setups around the old system, spent months farming or training pets, in anticipation of the next world, and our hard work and effort has been entirely negated. solo players are effectively dead, as are defensive builds and the casual/family aspect of this game. at this point, i'll be taking only one wizard (probably balance) into polaris~ storm is my favourite, but she won't be setting foot anywhere near it until the system is fixed; she simply doesn't have the health required to withstand all of those back-to-back criticals.

tucsonwiz, i have a great deal of respect for you, and we have agreed on many things in the past; unfortunately, this is not one of them.

-von
Thanks Doc, and likewise. There are a select few contributors on these forums that, when I see something posted by them I make it a point to read. You are among those folks. You always present a clear, concise argument for whatever the subject might be. And you do on this issue as well. Believe me I can see this from both sides and I can understand the frustration because I'm experiencing it too. I guess I just choose to deal with the frustration in a different way. Things are more difficult now but I refuse to allow that to keep me from enjoying the good parts of this game. I think KI will eventually arrive at a "decent?" solution to the critical/block fiasco. Of course "decent" is subjective... there are those million differing opinions again. So I'm going to keep on slowly leveling all of my wizards and maybe by the time one of them is ready to give Polaris a try, things will all be back to some sort of reasonably understandable, workable system and we can all go back to talking about beggars and who thinks we should be able to change our faces... you know, the important stuff!

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
39
Ok peeps

I have been reading all I can about the changes in the Critical system. Knowing that KI only wants the best for its players and paying customers. I am interested in hearing all the positive stuff that has happened since the change.

Peeps: I have made more friends just hanging out now and instead of questing.
Also I was to complete Avalon without dying.

Please lets hear all the positives so KI can see that there decision was a great one.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2010
1
the only thing i can say about this new reduction is it seems to only be effecting players and not monsters or bosses. I mean it litterally made waterworks gear lame on top of that the dungeon itself has became a lot rougher. Although it was already rough enough to begin with all there cheating. The only solutions i can say is either one fix the waterworks gear to improve game more so for level 60+ players. Two fix waterworks and monster in other worlds that can crit to work with our own crit and block then you won't need change gear. Personally i think the normal one was better as it let us critical block and go critical. Yeah some was blocked but that's suppose to happen sometimes.

P.S like i say i wouldn't mind the way it is now if i could at least get a critical block. otherwise what is the point in having critical block anyways if you can't use it.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
22
MADISON461J on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
Ok peeps

I have been reading all I can about the changes in the Critical system. Knowing that KI only wants the best for its players and paying customers. I am interested in hearing all the positive stuff that has happened since the change.

Peeps: I have made more friends just hanging out now and instead of questing.
Also I was to complete Avalon without dying.

Please lets hear all the positives so KI can see that there decision was a great one.
todd071, what's causing most of us to freak out is we all had a very good Critical/Block system already an old adage is if it isn't broken don't mess with it KI idea was to help improve PvP I really don't have a problem with that but I do when I spend tons of crowns and hours of crafting and waiting for my timers to reset. I'm very sorry but I can't say anything good about the new Critical/Block but the rest of the update they done an awesome job with it in this post you will find only one positive out of 6 pages.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
82
KI had went to some effort to try to change critical, apparently to fix the old system and make it more appropriate to how they feel it should operate. I am left somewhat confused to be honest. If the problem was wizards with extremely high stats the obvious question is how were they able to achieve them? Ki designed gear and hoard pack items they did not need to create wands giving over 180 critical rating, they did not need to give pets school specific critical talents.By designing these and other items allowing wizards if they so wish to pursue very high stats, they have to acknowledge all the issues that come along with that. You dont as the proverb states"shut the stable door after the horse has bolted", rectroactive adjustements is never the way to approach any system, clearly its better to be proactive and stop the situation in the first place. By the drastic change now implemented many people are left feeling cheated after spending months farming gear or allot of money buying packs or indeed doing both, where in one stroke the value of the items have been at best halved and in some cases completely destroyed. To implement a complete change on critical this late in the game is bound to instil some backlash form all sorts of payers not just a select few.I just feel if a system thats been in place for so long can be altered to such an extent then nothing is safe, what will be taken from us next? Will we be sitting somewhere down the line where all spells have less than 20% accuracy? I am sure I am not the only one feeling less confident in your company and what direction this game might be heading. Please consider that this game is first a family game to be enjoyed by people of all ages and skills, dont try to be something else just because others do it that way.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2014
41
MADISON461J on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
Ok peeps

I have been reading all I can about the changes in the Critical system. Knowing that KI only wants the best for its players and paying customers. I am interested in hearing all the positive stuff that has happened since the change.

Peeps: I have made more friends just hanging out now and instead of questing.
Also I was to complete Avalon without dying.

Please lets hear all the positives so KI can see that there decision was a great one.
TBH unless you are a level 100+ questing only in Polaris and not going back to earlier worlds wouldn't effect you as much. Know if I were a high critical pvp'er who now can make it through blocks, I'd love it. And would be trying to figure out some way to keep this like it is. Can't think of much else on the positive side.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2012
66
MADISON461J on Nov 26, 2015 wrote:
Ok peeps

I have been reading all I can about the changes in the Critical system. Knowing that KI only wants the best for its players and paying customers. I am interested in hearing all the positive stuff that has happened since the change.

Peeps: I have made more friends just hanging out now and instead of questing.
Also I was to complete Avalon without dying.

Please lets hear all the positives so KI can see that there decision was a great one.
what decicsion are you referring too as a great one? please don't say the reverbed crit/block system. yes KI has done great things made cool stuff has great prizes in their respective packs and yes I was quite fortunate this past Halloween with the packs and the prizes I received.... make no mistake here ill give credit where credit is due. however the key to any business "and this game is infact a business" the key to any business is customer satisfaction and the key to customer satisfaction is keeping your customers happy.I as a paying customer am not happy with the revamped crit/block system I have spent money and time to get my wizards stats to where they are and to have it changed so I crit less and block even less I kinda feel like my wizard cant fend for himself like with pvp before though I wasn't a high ranking player I was a force to be reckoned with I am virtually immuned to storm and my resist is high on the scoring my damage with the jewels is pretty devasting as well so with the crit and block it all adds up and to do 100 levels and then have it stripped its like being robbed

KI you have done great things and have made a great game with wizard 101 however its with heavy heart that I say this is not a move for the greater good of the game

thank you

liam stormbrand representing TEAM BRING IT