Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair attacks on Warlords.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 21, 2012
100
AmberRavenSong7 on May 16, 2014 wrote:
You may be interested to know. I went to Team up with Morganthe yesterday too. Usually the teams are fine but this time I ran into a "crew" At first things were fine. I am very aggressive with my spells for a balance so before you know it all the attacks are on me. n.b.d. , i can heal. But before i could, Morganthe got the best of me. Everyone else still had full health, i fled and returned. When i returned the storm boss had full pips again, and i had a mana burn in hand - Oh yeah. I burned her before she could slam me again, but she also had a feint on. Apparently the crew didn't like me using their feint. The male Warlord told me the feint was more important than the fact she had full pips. I told him you weren't the one who just died and had to flee. So, his female friend joined in (titled warlords both, just like me) insulting me and tearing me apart.my gear choices, my ranking, my hair color, my stitch. i swear, it was high school all over again. Seriously, I could not believe their behavior. I was stunned. If I was younger and more easily shaken I would probably never play the game again after that. At this age, I just say whatever. I fled, put them on ignore, and left them cold. I really could see your point about the clique-ish elitist behavior some Warlords display after that. Funny, it wasn't even in the ring and we were all on the same side.....

Amber Raven Song Warlord
Yup, sadly, this is what I run into. Constantly. I can still be hopeful, or hopelessly optimistic. One of the two.

Defender
Apr 21, 2012
100
Aaron SpellThief on May 16, 2014 wrote:
Well, if you only teleport to friends to help them with their problems with warlords, then of course you're only going to see the bad warlords. I said that very few warlords were profane/rude, not none at all. Naturally some humans will seek to annoy or anger others. I have seen, battled, and talked with many warlords, and very few that I have seen have been unkind. The definition of stereotype:


noun


1.

A widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.

The number of people that consider warlords in general to be rude, profane, or in some other way bad fits this definition exactly. Sure, there are bound to be some people that are not the best in behavior, but they are not only among warlords, and there are not very many of those people. Stereotyping warlords is not the best way to deal with these people; just use the ignore and/or buttons and you will be fine.
K, maybe gotta clarify this.

When I spoke of what I do when a friend has problems, what I was speaking of is the tip of an iceberg. You are holding the tip under a microscope, while standing on the rest of it.

I have seen this in the commons. I have seen this in every world. I have personally experienced this in various dungeons. Where? All over. I used one example, and I thought maybe the reference I made thereafter was a good comparison of the one example I used compared to the sheer mass of examples I could draw on.

That is the definition of a stereotype. Sadly, it is the definition of what I am talking about. The actions of the few (reference to previous discussions with AmberRavenSong7 and KOblivion) have caused this stereotype (definition furbished by yourself), and beyond the disgusting behavior witnessed by myself and others, sadly, it is the commonly held belief, held by many I have talked to, both on and off of my friends list, that upon seeing a warlord title (or any other pvp title for that matter), is akin to an old rusty landmine. Best avoided. Put down the stick, and back away.

Stereotyping? Maybe I am. How many times does one put ones hand on a stove to see if its on? How many people have to get bitten before deciding whether or not they like dog bites? Way I look at it, I know what I have seen, and I know what I have gone through. I see a dog's pearly whites I do not try to pet it.

Action happened, and this is my reaction.

Do I go out of my way looking for these people? Nope. Therefore generally I do not need the ignore button. I find when I am confronted thus I can ignore them all on my own. Often enough, I catch comments while passing by, roll my eyes, and continue on my way.

It is sad that, considering KOblivions comments, that the actions of the few have caused this, having a negative effect on the PVP community at large. From what I am seeing here, I really wish I would have ran across you in the game instead of a thread like this.

However, as I have said, so far, as it stands, my opinion has changed somewhat, and I am really glad I was able to talk to you guys. When I said about being less apprehensive in the game, I meant it. I am not going to instantly assume things. Things being the way KOblivion described, the stereotype should not exist, and therefore the bashing of warlords is unfair.

Am beginning to like the idea AmberRavenSong7 had in her most recent experience in Khrysalis. Ones that pull that sort of thing, leave them out in the cold, Ignore/Block.

Survivor
May 05, 2014
4
plain and simple in "ranked" duels tc's and pets need to be prohibited. only use what spell's "you" own from your deck to your gear that you have nothing more. >.>

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
217
aplicable021 on May 18, 2014 wrote:
plain and simple in "ranked" duels tc's and pets need to be prohibited. only use what spell's "you" own from your deck to your gear that you have nothing more. >.>
really? we're gonna go There now?

Oy Vey

The tc thing has been addressed countless times in other threads. Do what you wanna do. I love my faithful hound Sandy and my tc shields.

Amber

Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
11
TCs need to be limited. I don't think that warlords need their title when they depend on their TC. I mean, 90% of my losses are from TCs that I can't defend since I don't know the element and at my level, I don't have my death minion (Which is awesome). So I can knock off the damage and don't bother putting up a TS. They can and will predict it unless you're going first. if they do detect it, they can use a 1 pip or 0 damage pip spell.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
Ultimatemagic1 on May 18, 2014 wrote:
TCs need to be limited. I don't think that warlords need their title when they depend on their TC. I mean, 90% of my losses are from TCs that I can't defend since I don't know the element and at my level, I don't have my death minion (Which is awesome). So I can knock off the damage and don't bother putting up a TS. They can and will predict it unless you're going first. if they do detect it, they can use a 1 pip or 0 damage pip spell.
sounds to me you want them to take out tc so you can win only

1 that selfish because more people yous tc because it help lower level and it help high level when my friend die in pvp i can't heal others so i yous heal tc so you just need to stop complain like baby about it you only want it gone so you can win

2 everybody yous heal pets and just because you don't like it don't mean it needs to go

tc hater and pet healing hater only hate because they can't win rank pvp to show off that there a warlord and it the truth we all know it and they know who they are so it high time they stop complain about it if they don't like the game has tc then don't pvp that how easy it is there is no fighting what i said if you try you have just prove you are one of the tc hater and pet hater that just want them gone so they can win pvp

level 100 wizard

Survivor
Apr 29, 2014
29
Please, the title Warlord means very little, it just shows that person has some experience.

This is very true. I have been paired with warlords. Other than their gear they did not know much more than me and I started a little over a month ago. I find a lot of people get the badge at low levels to be able to buy the gear by losing tourneys. It really doesn't say they have skill just that they know the system.

Thats why I have been making suggestions for new titles based on level.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2014
11
sliver moon wolf on May 18, 2014 wrote:
sounds to me you want them to take out tc so you can win only

1 that selfish because more people yous tc because it help lower level and it help high level when my friend die in pvp i can't heal others so i yous heal tc so you just need to stop complain like baby about it you only want it gone so you can win

2 everybody yous heal pets and just because you don't like it don't mean it needs to go

tc hater and pet healing hater only hate because they can't win rank pvp to show off that there a warlord and it the truth we all know it and they know who they are so it high time they stop complain about it if they don't like the game has tc then don't pvp that how easy it is there is no fighting what i said if you try you have just prove you are one of the tc hater and pet hater that just want them gone so they can win pvp

level 100 wizard
I don't even know where to start. Many people agree that TCs should be limited. I never said gone, just limited. Its also not my fault that you don't have a healing spell. I want it gone because most TCs people use are overpowered for the level they are at.

2. I never said I hate healing pets, because you have to earn them and there's no 100% chance you will get it, Tcs on the other hand can trade. I really don't care about my rank as long as I have fun. Also I love PvP so i'm not going to stop playing it. I don't care If I lose because I have fun playing. TCs need (imo) to be limited. Pets are allowed.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
aplicable021 on May 18, 2014 wrote:
plain and simple in "ranked" duels tc's and pets need to be prohibited. only use what spell's "you" own from your deck to your gear that you have nothing more. >.>
Plain and simply, they do not need to be limited in any way. It you want limitations, there
are Tournaments over on Websites you can join, and there are limited tournaments on W101.
Ranked PVP is the way it is, it's hard, ruthless at times, and complex, but that is the way it
was designed to be. Anyone wanting it to be made simple for them is just wrong..... plan and
simple.
Second, leveling up a pet takes a huge effort and time, and you get a benefit from that
time and effort, as you should. To take that away is simply wrong, from any perspective.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
Ultimatemagic1 on May 24, 2014 wrote:
I don't even know where to start. Many people agree that TCs should be limited. I never said gone, just limited. Its also not my fault that you don't have a healing spell. I want it gone because most TCs people use are overpowered for the level they are at.

2. I never said I hate healing pets, because you have to earn them and there's no 100% chance you will get it, Tcs on the other hand can trade. I really don't care about my rank as long as I have fun. Also I love PvP so i'm not going to stop playing it. I don't care If I lose because I have fun playing. TCs need (imo) to be limited. Pets are allowed.
tc is fine
1 because lower level yous it in pvp

2 because everybody yous the powerful heal

3 it would not be fair to lower level who has already buy them and are in battle with level 80 to fined out that they can't yous it also lower level yous it to make the battle fair for them self and some lower level yous it to make battles go faster in wizard city if you don't like that then you know what my last post said so i don't need to repeat myself

level 100
level 17
level14
wizards

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
Veracity8 on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Plain and simply, they do not need to be limited in any way. It you want limitations, there
are Tournaments over on Websites you can join, and there are limited tournaments on W101.
Ranked PVP is the way it is, it's hard, ruthless at times, and complex, but that is the way it
was designed to be. Anyone wanting it to be made simple for them is just wrong..... plan and
simple.
Second, leveling up a pet takes a huge effort and time, and you get a benefit from that
time and effort, as you should. To take that away is simply wrong, from any perspective.
I totally agree. Well said.

Much of the fun of PVP is that we can be quite creative and surprising in our strategies -- in fact, if you want to win, creativity and surprise are really important. TC's provide that surprise factor. If everyone were limited to just their school spells and just their level spells, then the battles get way too predictable. But with TC's, and good pets, and real thinking opponents, there are difficult and unexpected twists thrown into the mix. And that is exactly what sets PVP apart from the rest of the game.

For myself, I am not always in a mind set where the PVP challenge is something I am up for. But the whole rest of the game is there as well. I don't want the PVP mentality to change the rest of the game; but I also don't want a PVE mindset and level of play to change PVP.

So I don't expect that PVP be nerfed to fit my mood or ability. I just know that when I go to play PVP, I better be sharp, well-prepared, and ready for just about anything that comes my way -- including other players who are better at it than I am. And when I meet those players, I don't expect them to play down to my level. Instead, I learn from them.

Survivor
May 02, 2014
38
aplicable021 on May 18, 2014 wrote:
plain and simple in "ranked" duels tc's and pets need to be prohibited. only use what spell's "you" own from your deck to your gear that you have nothing more. >.>
I disagree now

Explorer
Mar 06, 2014
56
Veracity8 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
I see this over and over, and it's starting to bother me....

I got paired with a Warlord, or he was a low level Warlords that I had to fight.
That Warlord used TC on me, and I am a not a warlord....

Please, the title Warlord means very little, it just shows that person has some experience.

Now, what if a person that has ten warlords starts a new private and moves old
Gear and pet to that Private. You have a private with good gear, solid pet,
and a person behind it that knows how to play very very well.
That Private is not a warlord, but guess what, they are going to play just as
well as any warlord.

So please, enough of the Warlord bashing.... and if you don't like TC in low level
PVP, don't low level PvP, it's that simple.
Well they earned it just like everyone else and tc is not cheating in fact I use tc and win win win and I have a good deck setup for my level 5 veteran and a good TC deck so I win for the veteran gear and tickets I might get to warlord which is in my case and also my level 64 faces really low tc spammers and loses so don't worry you figure out the trick soon get all the epic level 5 gear and a good pet and tc to win. Austin veteran Adam Soulcaster When your pips get really hi go for the kill with TC.

Explorer
Mar 06, 2014
56
Adam Soulcaster on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
Well they earned it just like everyone else and tc is not cheating in fact I use tc and win win win and I have a good deck setup for my level 5 veteran and a good TC deck so I win for the veteran gear and tickets I might get to warlord which is in my case and also my level 64 faces really low tc spammers and loses so don't worry you figure out the trick soon get all the epic level 5 gear and a good pet and tc to win. Austin veteran Adam Soulcaster When your pips get really hi go for the kill with TC.
I am now a knight because of tc and skill.

Explorer
Oct 10, 2010
92
FinnAgainWindrider on May 28, 2014 wrote:
I totally agree. Well said.

Much of the fun of PVP is that we can be quite creative and surprising in our strategies -- in fact, if you want to win, creativity and surprise are really important. TC's provide that surprise factor. If everyone were limited to just their school spells and just their level spells, then the battles get way too predictable. But with TC's, and good pets, and real thinking opponents, there are difficult and unexpected twists thrown into the mix. And that is exactly what sets PVP apart from the rest of the game.

For myself, I am not always in a mind set where the PVP challenge is something I am up for. But the whole rest of the game is there as well. I don't want the PVP mentality to change the rest of the game; but I also don't want a PVE mindset and level of play to change PVP.

So I don't expect that PVP be nerfed to fit my mood or ability. I just know that when I go to play PVP, I better be sharp, well-prepared, and ready for just about anything that comes my way -- including other players who are better at it than I am. And when I meet those players, I don't expect them to play down to my level. Instead, I learn from them.
FinnagainWindRider has a perfect reply above, that I very much enjoyed reading.
He clearly points out that PvP is not for everyone, and what type of attitude and
ability you need to play it and win. Well written, and a most appreciated posting.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
717
IcicleWar on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:
FinnagainWindRider has a perfect reply above, that I very much enjoyed reading.
He clearly points out that PvP is not for everyone, and what type of attitude and
ability you need to play it and win. Well written, and a most appreciated posting.
Thanks!

Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
62
In PVP, whether you like it or not, TC will remain.

Personally, I am not a fan of them, I may keep a few TC heals, but that's it. The rest I will enchant my own spells.

I fully expect them. Proper strategy counters TC users.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2014
36
Veracity8 on May 27, 2014 wrote:
Plain and simply, they do not need to be limited in any way. It you want limitations, there
are Tournaments over on Websites you can join, and there are limited tournaments on W101.
Ranked PVP is the way it is, it's hard, ruthless at times, and complex, but that is the way it
was designed to be. Anyone wanting it to be made simple for them is just wrong..... plan and
simple.
Second, leveling up a pet takes a huge effort and time, and you get a benefit from that
time and effort, as you should. To take that away is simply wrong, from any perspective.
Hi I agree with you on this now.

I'm doing a lvl 5 rank pvp now.

My wizard name Ashley Star

I was that Amy balance wizard.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2014
24
PvP is suppose to be fun, but point blank if you don't like people using treasure cards and you're a bad sport, don't play it at all.

-Zachary DeathHammer
PvP Warlord

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
I think that the title warlord has been given to wizards who have not yet earned the name. Yes, tcs are there for you to use whenever you want, but I think that they should be saved form pvp. The title warlord should be earned through skill and strategy, not by using tcs. If you ask me, tics are overused in pvp. They are cool and provide ways to win, but if you ask a tv using warlord to repeat their tactic, they can't. Unless they have bought or won thousands of the same tc. I think that the title warlord should be made by true spells, not tcs. Just my opinion. Or each pvp team should okay the use of tca it their match.
Now, I am not saying that all warlords used tcs to earn their title, because some do deserve it. However, most don't. I bet that if they tried, they would truly earn it. I am not criticizing warlords, but I do believe that each team should okay the use of tca before the battle begins. If you want to become a warlord by using tcs, that's fine. Just make sure the opposing team does too. I know many wizards who want to become a warlord without using tcs, and many that do. I just think it should be a fair game where each team agrees, but not everything is perfect.
I think that at the start of each battle, each side should confirm their wish for the use of tcs, or their wish not to use treasure cards. I understand that some wizards go into pvp relying on the tcs, so to speak. If that is the case, then let the game continue, or figure another way. I am also aware of the fact that not everyone has text chat. If you don't, use "Save your treasure cards." Before the battle, or signal that you will be using tcs. If the other team disagrees with you, come to a compromise and decide among yourselves.
Tcs can be used fairly in PvP and not all warlords have pushed their way to the top by using them. In my opinion however, tca should be okayed by each team, but that's just me.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2014
36
Shadow 343 on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
I think that the title warlord has been given to wizards who have not yet earned the name. Yes, tcs are there for you to use whenever you want, but I think that they should be saved form pvp. The title warlord should be earned through skill and strategy, not by using tcs. If you ask me, tics are overused in pvp. They are cool and provide ways to win, but if you ask a tv using warlord to repeat their tactic, they can't. Unless they have bought or won thousands of the same tc. I think that the title warlord should be made by true spells, not tcs. Just my opinion. Or each pvp team should okay the use of tca it their match.
Now, I am not saying that all warlords used tcs to earn their title, because some do deserve it. However, most don't. I bet that if they tried, they would truly earn it. I am not criticizing warlords, but I do believe that each team should okay the use of tca before the battle begins. If you want to become a warlord by using tcs, that's fine. Just make sure the opposing team does too. I know many wizards who want to become a warlord without using tcs, and many that do. I just think it should be a fair game where each team agrees, but not everything is perfect.
I think that at the start of each battle, each side should confirm their wish for the use of tcs, or their wish not to use treasure cards. I understand that some wizards go into pvp relying on the tcs, so to speak. If that is the case, then let the game continue, or figure another way. I am also aware of the fact that not everyone has text chat. If you don't, use "Save your treasure cards." Before the battle, or signal that you will be using tcs. If the other team disagrees with you, come to a compromise and decide among yourselves.
Tcs can be used fairly in PvP and not all warlords have pushed their way to the top by using them. In my opinion however, tca should be okayed by each team, but that's just me.
At lvl 5 wizards have to use tc to rank up or they can't get to the rank they want to get to.

What if the wizard is a lvl 23 wizard with 2,326 health and fighting a lvl 5 wizard that is a captain should the lvl 5 wizard let the private wizard beat him or her because the private wizard wants to rank up without using treasure cards?

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Ashley Star on Dec 17, 2014 wrote:
At lvl 5 wizards have to use tc to rank up or they can't get to the rank they want to get to.

What if the wizard is a lvl 23 wizard with 2,326 health and fighting a lvl 5 wizard that is a captain should the lvl 5 wizard let the private wizard beat him or her because the private wizard wants to rank up without using treasure cards?
if the lvl 5 wizard had not used treasure cards to begin with, they should not have been parred with a lvl 23 wizard. also, the lvl 5 should be prepared to fight without any treasure cards. i understand that this can be very hard if you have already started to rank up using treasure cards. this is only my opinion, i do not expect everyone to agree with me.
i do see your point, Ashley, but i also think that if a lvl 5 wizard were parred against a lvl 23 wizard, the lvl 23 would probably expect the use of treasure cards with how often they are used by the lower levels.
No, no wizard should sit and do nothing while they get beaten by a non-treasure card user. they should fight as well as they can. i understand that a lvl 5 wizard fighting a lvl 23 without treasure cards would most-likely get them beaten.
this is exactly what i mean when i say that in my opinion, some high ranking PvP wizards have not really won against the higher lvl low ranking wizards. in my opinion, they sort of bought their way to the top by buying treasure cards. and you cannot buy a true high ranking title with gold or crowns or anything else. the way i see it, most PvP wizards have bought their way to the top. not all, but most.
this is only my opinion.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
195
Shadow 343 on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
if the lvl 5 wizard had not used treasure cards to begin with, they should not have been parred with a lvl 23 wizard. also, the lvl 5 should be prepared to fight without any treasure cards. i understand that this can be very hard if you have already started to rank up using treasure cards. this is only my opinion, i do not expect everyone to agree with me.
i do see your point, Ashley, but i also think that if a lvl 5 wizard were parred against a lvl 23 wizard, the lvl 23 would probably expect the use of treasure cards with how often they are used by the lower levels.
No, no wizard should sit and do nothing while they get beaten by a non-treasure card user. they should fight as well as they can. i understand that a lvl 5 wizard fighting a lvl 23 without treasure cards would most-likely get them beaten.
this is exactly what i mean when i say that in my opinion, some high ranking PvP wizards have not really won against the higher lvl low ranking wizards. in my opinion, they sort of bought their way to the top by buying treasure cards. and you cannot buy a true high ranking title with gold or crowns or anything else. the way i see it, most PvP wizards have bought their way to the top. not all, but most.
this is only my opinion.
If I may weigh in. Yes TC do even the odds in most cases but they are never an instant guarantee to a victory. In truth you still need some sense of tactics on when to use them, what ones to pack, and even some luck in making sure you get the right one. Not to mention you're losing cards in your main deck while you use TC. They did buy the TC(or earned em from mob fights), but they did not buy their way to the top.

Survivor
Oct 15, 2014
36
Shadow 343 on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
if the lvl 5 wizard had not used treasure cards to begin with, they should not have been parred with a lvl 23 wizard. also, the lvl 5 should be prepared to fight without any treasure cards. i understand that this can be very hard if you have already started to rank up using treasure cards. this is only my opinion, i do not expect everyone to agree with me.
i do see your point, Ashley, but i also think that if a lvl 5 wizard were parred against a lvl 23 wizard, the lvl 23 would probably expect the use of treasure cards with how often they are used by the lower levels.
No, no wizard should sit and do nothing while they get beaten by a non-treasure card user. they should fight as well as they can. i understand that a lvl 5 wizard fighting a lvl 23 without treasure cards would most-likely get them beaten.
this is exactly what i mean when i say that in my opinion, some high ranking PvP wizards have not really won against the higher lvl low ranking wizards. in my opinion, they sort of bought their way to the top by buying treasure cards. and you cannot buy a true high ranking title with gold or crowns or anything else. the way i see it, most PvP wizards have bought their way to the top. not all, but most.
this is only my opinion.
I did use treasure cards but the lvl 23 wizard that was a private had more health then me and also he went first I think.

And he did have a second school spell also and my wizard didn't so that how I failed.

And I didn't have a healing pet or resist pet what I need for rank pvp.

And does it matter if guys or girls play different gender then what they are?

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Shadow 343 on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
if the lvl 5 wizard had not used treasure cards to begin with, they should not have been parred with a lvl 23 wizard. also, the lvl 5 should be prepared to fight without any treasure cards. i understand that this can be very hard if you have already started to rank up using treasure cards. this is only my opinion, i do not expect everyone to agree with me.
i do see your point, Ashley, but i also think that if a lvl 5 wizard were parred against a lvl 23 wizard, the lvl 23 would probably expect the use of treasure cards with how often they are used by the lower levels.
No, no wizard should sit and do nothing while they get beaten by a non-treasure card user. they should fight as well as they can. i understand that a lvl 5 wizard fighting a lvl 23 without treasure cards would most-likely get them beaten.
this is exactly what i mean when i say that in my opinion, some high ranking PvP wizards have not really won against the higher lvl low ranking wizards. in my opinion, they sort of bought their way to the top by buying treasure cards. and you cannot buy a true high ranking title with gold or crowns or anything else. the way i see it, most PvP wizards have bought their way to the top. not all, but most.
this is only my opinion.
Let me just ask you this: do you consider gear to be the same as treasure cards? I could spend some money, and at low levels, get some decent crowns gear. At high levels, I'd have to farm, but is it any different than farming for gold to get treasure cards? Any player can use treasure cards, and lower levels can't buy treasure cards such as gargantuan, making treasure cards fair. If lower level privates don't prepare for pvp, then aren't they going to lose, treasure cards or otherwise? Treasure cards just even the ground between low level warlords and higher level privates.