Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair attacks on Warlords.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
Veracity8 on May 12, 2014 wrote:
I strongly disagree with you, Profanity does include swearing in every dictionary that I can find.
It can mean something else, but the Rating site clearly defines what it is, and therefore
your statement is incorrect.

What is allowed in the filter is allowed to be stated, but those that go around the filter are guilty and that
is why we have the Hall Monitors in the Game, to enforce the law and stop it on the spot.

Overuse of the Report button overloads KI, and that is why they punish for false reports, as they should.

Do some players exceed the E10 Rating... Yes, but I can assure you they do it in every other
game I play too.
Let me say this, in the past year I have heard or seen very little profanity in the
game. This game, by far, has less Profanity that any other game I can think of.

Profanity (also called bad language, strong language, foul language, bad words, vulgar, swearing, cursing, cussing, or using expletives) is a subset of a language's lexicon that is generally considered in society to be strongly impolite or offensive. It can show a desecration or debasement of someone or something, or show strong or intense emotion. Profanity can take the form of words, expressions, gestures (such as flipping the ..... finger), or other social behaviours that are construed or interpreted as insulting, rude, vulgar, obscene, obnoxious, foul, desecrating, or other forms.
Your entire post "disagreeing" with me ends with a quote that reaffirms exactly what I said. I never said that swearing wasn't profanity, I said that profanity doesn't necessarily mean swearing. I said "rude words or insults" and your definition says "impolite or offensive" that's the SAME thing.

Defender
Apr 21, 2012
100
AmberRavenSong7 on May 3, 2014 wrote:
I completely agree. I worked pretty hard to get my warlord badge and its a bummer that some people look at me in a more negative light for simply having it. there really isn't much you or i can do about it except continue to be the kind helpful wizards that we always were. actions speak louder than words. eventually the warlord bashers will see that plenty of warlords aren't interested in the rude elitist behavior that has come to be associated with the title by some.

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord
THANK YOU!

You have no idea how happy seeing this makes me. You really have no idea. I do not believe this will change my overall opinion, but I am ecstatic to see more than a handful of you exist.

Forgive me, you may consider me a "warlord basher". I have been insulted, belittled, ignored, etc. ,etc. ,etc., by generally (you guessed it) warlords. Warlords are perceived as being conceited, smug, arrogant, offensive, abrasive, and overall generally nasty by the better part of the marginal and non PVP community. The reason for this is simple. It is because they are.

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

I am a tank. Nothing makes me happier then flipping a low pip attack first round and drawing as much aggro as possible. To me? This is fun. It also allows whomever I am with to comfortably set up while watching me joke around. Fun. A concept the average warlord neither knows, cares, nor seems capable of wrapping their minds around. In fact the concept seems to totally fry their brains. It's amazing.

The problem is I know that some worked hard for that title, while others exploited bugs and other things. You can usually tell an "add water and stir" warlord from the first couple minutes listening to them. Huge hint? They use the word 'noob' a lot, and they apply it to so many things.

There was a time i was a noob. No clue what i was doing. Didn't take long to figure things out, its not exactly rocket surgery.

Now I am called a noob because why? I don't dress like the pvp crowd, I don't talk like the pvp crowd, I don't act like the pvp crowd, and i don't smell like the pvp crowd. In fact, I don't pvp. For this and many other reasons, I won't pvp.

I have no interest in holding a title that has been disgraced by the actions of so many. I refuse to have it in fact, and I push to be the opposite of what they are. In fact I refuse to go into a dungeon with a warlord I don't know.

Practice pvp? One on one, I have. Training a total of 4 people (who are now, by the way, warlord status, and I still poke fun at them about their title, and dump them TC I am never gonna use).

Pvp area on Unicorn? See me there? Assume things are sick and wrong. I get called by a friend who is taking a verbal assault during a match, I will port, stand there, and even take screen shots. Beyond the whole "report button" I will send in a help desk ticket reporting the incident with pics attached, date, time, arena, names, full deal. Why?

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

I am sure there will be warlord bashing, as there seems to be no end to this type surrounding pvp. Sadly, you are affected by the actions of others. Good news is, you may influence their actions by example. Bad news is, there is still the 'them'.

To each their own, keep it away from me, I just had this thing dry cleaned.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
sliver moon wolf on May 10, 2014 wrote:
you don't know if there warlord even if you pick them in practice i saying make a thing were we can pick if a warlord or night or what ever your rank is can join or can't so we can practice with out worry about a warlord join and kicking are buts were not all that good :p
Ok, agreed

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
Just want to point out that a rating only covers in-game content, but online interactions are not rated. For example, the game might get an "older" rating if Morganthe let loose with something less child-friendly than "Shadow take you all!" in the cutscene between Zafaria and Avalon, but some jerk swearing in the commons won't affect the rating at all and is not bound by it. (but if he gets reported he will totally get banned)

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
125
Veracity8 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
I see this over and over, and it's starting to bother me....

I got paired with a Warlord, or he was a low level Warlords that I had to fight.
That Warlord used TC on me, and I am a not a warlord....

Please, the title Warlord means very little, it just shows that person has some experience.

Now, what if a person that has ten warlords starts a new private and moves old
Gear and pet to that Private. You have a private with good gear, solid pet,
and a person behind it that knows how to play very very well.
That Private is not a warlord, but guess what, they are going to play just as
well as any warlord.

So please, enough of the Warlord bashing.... and if you don't like TC in low level
PVP, don't low level PvP, it's that simple.
Well you cannot move pvp gear from one wizard to another via shared bank as its a no trade item. So they should not be able to move the pvp gear over. Thought I would friendly point that out :)

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
217
I just want to comment on a few things.

1. I am a max level Warlord, but I am also a noob. KI is constantly coming out with new tricks to master and i have usually not mastered them by day two of the release.

2. Noobs are cool!

3. N00bs R C00L!

4. Since I have spells or gear that I have not yet mastered, sometimes I take that to the practice ring. I am not going to go in to ranked with spells I don't understand. I am not doing PvP to scare you away. There is no setting for Warlord only or Commander up. I am there to explore,learn, and have fun. just like you.

5. noobs are cool

6. Like I have said in other posts. Some people just take PvP way way waaaaayyyyy too seriously. If it's not fun, you're doing it wrong. If it is fun, You Win!!!!

7. Oh yeah, and, noobs are cool.

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
mebbenow on May 12, 2014 wrote:
THANK YOU!

You have no idea how happy seeing this makes me. You really have no idea. I do not believe this will change my overall opinion, but I am ecstatic to see more than a handful of you exist.

Forgive me, you may consider me a "warlord basher". I have been insulted, belittled, ignored, etc. ,etc. ,etc., by generally (you guessed it) warlords. Warlords are perceived as being conceited, smug, arrogant, offensive, abrasive, and overall generally nasty by the better part of the marginal and non PVP community. The reason for this is simple. It is because they are.

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

I am a tank. Nothing makes me happier then flipping a low pip attack first round and drawing as much aggro as possible. To me? This is fun. It also allows whomever I am with to comfortably set up while watching me joke around. Fun. A concept the average warlord neither knows, cares, nor seems capable of wrapping their minds around. In fact the concept seems to totally fry their brains. It's amazing.

The problem is I know that some worked hard for that title, while others exploited bugs and other things. You can usually tell an "add water and stir" warlord from the first couple minutes listening to them. Huge hint? They use the word 'noob' a lot, and they apply it to so many things.

There was a time i was a noob. No clue what i was doing. Didn't take long to figure things out, its not exactly rocket surgery.

Now I am called a noob because why? I don't dress like the pvp crowd, I don't talk like the pvp crowd, I don't act like the pvp crowd, and i don't smell like the pvp crowd. In fact, I don't pvp. For this and many other reasons, I won't pvp.

I have no interest in holding a title that has been disgraced by the actions of so many. I refuse to have it in fact, and I push to be the opposite of what they are. In fact I refuse to go into a dungeon with a warlord I don't know.

Practice pvp? One on one, I have. Training a total of 4 people (who are now, by the way, warlord status, and I still poke fun at them about their title, and dump them TC I am never gonna use).

Pvp area on Unicorn? See me there? Assume things are sick and wrong. I get called by a friend who is taking a verbal assault during a match, I will port, stand there, and even take screen shots. Beyond the whole "report button" I will send in a help desk ticket reporting the incident with pics attached, date, time, arena, names, full deal. Why?

Stereotypes exist for a reason.

I am sure there will be warlord bashing, as there seems to be no end to this type surrounding pvp. Sadly, you are affected by the actions of others. Good news is, you may influence their actions by example. Bad news is, there is still the 'them'.

To each their own, keep it away from me, I just had this thing dry cleaned.
Sure-stereotypes often do exist for a reason. A person sees one person act in a certain way, and that person assumes that all people of that status act that way. Racial stereotypes start in a similar fashion. The vast majority of warlords I see, pvp against, and meet in the game either just don't talk much or are kind. Rude people are not common, and there are rude people among both privates and warlords. Some people are bound to be rude. That's life for you. However, if you look for warlords that are not rude, profane, or elitist, it's not hard to find them, just as it's not hard to find privates that are much the same. Rank of a person does not determine personality; personality is manipulated by the brain and experiences in life.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
46
I have no complain against any warlords,I rather prepared an opponent with the warlord they're easy to the defeat plus gives me mor points at the end I would like to every warlords out get ready.I'm coming to still your rank beware of me aka "benjaminbattlethorn" I will see all in the arena.I am a warlord hunter and still your rank!!! So far never lose a battle against any warlord. I am now a commander thnx to all the to donate your rank on me. Lol awesome!!

Survivor
May 28, 2011
46
Listen all haters out there for your information all tc are for everybody's to use and their's nothing wrong using treasure cards as long as you know how to use it,don't blamed on your opponent just because he got skills not because of the treasure cards.It takes time to master it which treasure you gonna use during pvp.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
Bennotoriuos fire on May 14, 2014 wrote:
Listen all haters out there for your information all tc are for everybody's to use and their's nothing wrong using treasure cards as long as you know how to use it,don't blamed on your opponent just because he got skills not because of the treasure cards.It takes time to master it which treasure you gonna use during pvp.
i so agree bro

Defender
Apr 21, 2012
100
sliver moon wolf on May 15, 2014 wrote:
i so agree bro
Yup, totally agree. Warlords that achieve their title through hard work and skill should not be bashed.

Warlords of any make or model still have NO reason and NO right to be rude or offensive to others.

It is the behavior that causes warlord bashing. Not mad spell slinging skills.

Defender
Apr 21, 2012
100
AmberRavenSong7 on May 13, 2014 wrote:
I just want to comment on a few things.

1. I am a max level Warlord, but I am also a noob. KI is constantly coming out with new tricks to master and i have usually not mastered them by day two of the release.

2. Noobs are cool!

3. N00bs R C00L!

4. Since I have spells or gear that I have not yet mastered, sometimes I take that to the practice ring. I am not going to go in to ranked with spells I don't understand. I am not doing PvP to scare you away. There is no setting for Warlord only or Commander up. I am there to explore,learn, and have fun. just like you.

5. noobs are cool

6. Like I have said in other posts. Some people just take PvP way way waaaaayyyyy too seriously. If it's not fun, you're doing it wrong. If it is fun, You Win!!!!

7. Oh yeah, and, noobs are cool.

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord
UPDATE.

You might be interested.

Just last night, in Morganth, I hit the 'team up' button for the second time since starting Khrysalis. Once inside I found the team consisted of one badged warlord. Shortly after, I found that another member had warlord status but did not show the badge.

The match started off normal for me. I said "Great, we have a warlord". She instantly replied "Lol. We are not all like that you know".

I never even got a chance to finish typing my usual "someone just please shoot me and get it over with" comment.

This goes to show you are not alone on this point. Others feel the same way, and its an obvious enough problem that she seen my comment and instantly assumed which way I meant it.

Things went fast. Dungeon over with fast. Team finished with almost full health and mana. People are shocked when I finish a match with a rebirth, being balance and all. What can I say.

2, not just 1, 2, within 24 hours. Could be a sign

Almost restoring my faith in humanity at this point, almost, sort of.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
217
Bennotoriuos fire on May 14, 2014 wrote:
I have no complain against any warlords,I rather prepared an opponent with the warlord they're easy to the defeat plus gives me mor points at the end I would like to every warlords out get ready.I'm coming to still your rank beware of me aka "benjaminbattlethorn" I will see all in the arena.I am a warlord hunter and still your rank!!! So far never lose a battle against any warlord. I am now a commander thnx to all the to donate your rank on me. Lol awesome!!
This attitude is the problem. Rank has nothing to do with it. Notice he is not a Warlord. When he becomes one will he be kind and helpful to others or make them feel bad to make himself feel bigger? I guess time will tell. People are all unique and different. When this guy makes Warlord he will not be the same kind of Warlord as I am. Is it really fair to lump us together in the same box and label us as all the same?

Amber Raven Song, Max Warlord

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
seethe42 on May 11, 2014 wrote:
Mild use of profanity does not mean swearing. Profanity is using rude words or insults, not necessarily curse words or swearing. Saying "dammit" or "hell" would be considered mild to moderate profanity. Most of the profanity I see from players in game FAR exceeds the mild/moderate levels.
Seethe42,

Your first line states "Mild use of profanity does not mean swearing", this is what my reply was for.
I disagreed with that statement, as it does mean and include swearing.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Maycast on May 13, 2014 wrote:
Well you cannot move pvp gear from one wizard to another via shared bank as its a no trade item. So they should not be able to move the pvp gear over. Thought I would friendly point that out :)
I agree, but I can switch my waterworks, hades (not my amulets), and crown gear (plus pets, etc). So,
I can setup a solid Private to PVP with. This was my point, but I agree and I'm glad you can't
transfer the Warlord gear.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
953
Robobot1747 on May 12, 2014 wrote:
Just want to point out that a rating only covers in-game content, but online interactions are not rated. For example, the game might get an "older" rating if Morganthe let loose with something less child-friendly than "Shadow take you all!" in the cutscene between Zafaria and Avalon, but some jerk swearing in the commons won't affect the rating at all and is not bound by it. (but if he gets reported he will totally get banned)
Robobot1747,

Thank you, I didn't really know that.

I think along with this, that part of the KI code of conduct should be posted, so people understand
how it relates.

(12) “stalk,” abuse or harass another user, or attempt to do any of the foregoing;

or (13) engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or
enjoyment of the Site,...

These are really the main two items that someone can be reported for......

So, if you abuse or harass another user, that player can be reported.....

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
106
sometimes warlords get banned from some admins because it might happen

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
106
Veracity8 on May 1, 2014 wrote:
I see this over and over, and it's starting to bother me....

I got paired with a Warlord, or he was a low level Warlords that I had to fight.
That Warlord used TC on me, and I am a not a warlord....

Please, the title Warlord means very little, it just shows that person has some experience.

Now, what if a person that has ten warlords starts a new private and moves old
Gear and pet to that Private. You have a private with good gear, solid pet,
and a person behind it that knows how to play very very well.
That Private is not a warlord, but guess what, they are going to play just as
well as any warlord.

So please, enough of the Warlord bashing.... and if you don't like TC in low level
PVP, don't low level PvP, it's that simple.
hah you deserved it disagreeing on someones post

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
106
Robobot1747 on May 12, 2014 wrote:
Just want to point out that a rating only covers in-game content, but online interactions are not rated. For example, the game might get an "older" rating if Morganthe let loose with something less child-friendly than "Shadow take you all!" in the cutscene between Zafaria and Avalon, but some jerk swearing in the commons won't affect the rating at all and is not bound by it. (but if he gets reported he will totally get banned)
your wrong

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
169
mebbenow on May 15, 2014 wrote:
UPDATE.

You might be interested.

Just last night, in Morganth, I hit the 'team up' button for the second time since starting Khrysalis. Once inside I found the team consisted of one badged warlord. Shortly after, I found that another member had warlord status but did not show the badge.

The match started off normal for me. I said "Great, we have a warlord". She instantly replied "Lol. We are not all like that you know".

I never even got a chance to finish typing my usual "someone just please shoot me and get it over with" comment.

This goes to show you are not alone on this point. Others feel the same way, and its an obvious enough problem that she seen my comment and instantly assumed which way I meant it.

Things went fast. Dungeon over with fast. Team finished with almost full health and mana. People are shocked when I finish a match with a rebirth, being balance and all. What can I say.

2, not just 1, 2, within 24 hours. Could be a sign

Almost restoring my faith in humanity at this point, almost, sort of.
The majority of us are like that. People only see the badge and assume that, Which is largely untrue. We're being branded by 5% of the population.

Others, Will go into the arena and forums with that mindset and stereotype us. We're not at all like that, we just like hard things really. Most of us are Kind and Caring and will even help you out if you ask us. But, Remember we're also human, Which means we also remember the negativity much more vividly than the positives. Its the human nature to blame for this steriotype.

Defender
Apr 21, 2012
100
Aaron SpellThief on May 13, 2014 wrote:
Sure-stereotypes often do exist for a reason. A person sees one person act in a certain way, and that person assumes that all people of that status act that way. Racial stereotypes start in a similar fashion. The vast majority of warlords I see, pvp against, and meet in the game either just don't talk much or are kind. Rude people are not common, and there are rude people among both privates and warlords. Some people are bound to be rude. That's life for you. However, if you look for warlords that are not rude, profane, or elitist, it's not hard to find them, just as it's not hard to find privates that are much the same. Rank of a person does not determine personality; personality is manipulated by the brain and experiences in life.
Do forgive me, it has been my experience thus, and hense, have just not happened to run into too many of the latter of which you speak. I am not saying that they don't exist, but from 2+ years experience here, the vast majority of my interactions, both direct and indirect, have been the former. This spans all rank, though I have never seen anyone sporting a 'private' badge.

Henseforth hitherto, it was not witnessing 'one' person. It was witnessing more than one incident, often with more than one person involved. Reference to last statement, one instance where I ported to the pet pavilion, and witnessed a commander and captain badgering a friend of mine. Within a couple minutes they were joined by 2 warlords, who, porting in to them, instantly jumped in on it.

Little info, before it goes there, my friend's background? He collects pets. He is a very mild mannered person. Since my better half introduced me to him, I have never known him to be offensive or insulting. Not the profile of a troll. He is for the most part a little shy, his english is shaky, and is a person of very few words. Obviously, not a person that would incite something, for the plain reason that it would take too long to translate right.

Watching events unfold, I suspected that one of the non-title holders involved was a multi-boxer, I have, of course, no proof of this. One of the warlords instantly started insulting me, and I had said nothing. Didn't bother me that much of course, after all, coming from a warlord.

One drop outta the waterfall, I could keep going, it would be pointless, and I don't have enough space, or hours in a day.

HOWEVER! Happy to say I have ran into the latter since. Refer to previous post responding to AmberRavenSong7, where I stumbled into Morganth on a 'team up' and ended up with a warlord. You say vast majority are not like that, I have experienced quite the opposite. When I do meet someone flying that flag, and they seem normal, or are quiet, I do find it noteworthy to mention.

Reason for this? Don't happen often in my experience. At least not often enough.

Again. Back to what I said to AmberRavenSong7, the good news is you can always lead by example.

I am guessing the vast majority of warlords you see and the vast majority I see could well be 2 different groups. That's my guess. I only port to where they are if a friend has problems.

The older the tree, the bigger it is. Some seeds start out bad. Others don't.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
Veracity8 on May 15, 2014 wrote:
Seethe42,

Your first line states "Mild use of profanity does not mean swearing", this is what my reply was for.
I disagreed with that statement, as it does mean and include swearing.
No it doesn't mean that. It CAN include mild swearing, it doesn't MEAN swearing. My statement is completely true.

Defender
Apr 21, 2012
100
KOblivion on May 15, 2014 wrote:
The majority of us are like that. People only see the badge and assume that, Which is largely untrue. We're being branded by 5% of the population.

Others, Will go into the arena and forums with that mindset and stereotype us. We're not at all like that, we just like hard things really. Most of us are Kind and Caring and will even help you out if you ask us. But, Remember we're also human, Which means we also remember the negativity much more vividly than the positives. Its the human nature to blame for this steriotype.
Its kind of sad to know I seem to run into that 5% on an almost daily basis. How does that saying go? If it wasn't for bad luck?

Well, I admit, I am glad to see people who are warlords reacting to my comments in this manner. This is nowhere near the gordian knot I was expecting it to be. Fact is, count up to 5? 5 warlords now that are NOT acting like most I have run across in the game.

Every dark cloud has a silver lining, mind you, every silver lining still comes with a dark cloud. Trouble is, sadly, that 5% are still out there doing what they do.

Honestly, at this rate, I may be a little less apprehensive about dealing with a warlord. May still put on surgical gloves, but pass on the smock.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
217
mebbenow on May 16, 2014 wrote:
Do forgive me, it has been my experience thus, and hense, have just not happened to run into too many of the latter of which you speak. I am not saying that they don't exist, but from 2+ years experience here, the vast majority of my interactions, both direct and indirect, have been the former. This spans all rank, though I have never seen anyone sporting a 'private' badge.

Henseforth hitherto, it was not witnessing 'one' person. It was witnessing more than one incident, often with more than one person involved. Reference to last statement, one instance where I ported to the pet pavilion, and witnessed a commander and captain badgering a friend of mine. Within a couple minutes they were joined by 2 warlords, who, porting in to them, instantly jumped in on it.

Little info, before it goes there, my friend's background? He collects pets. He is a very mild mannered person. Since my better half introduced me to him, I have never known him to be offensive or insulting. Not the profile of a troll. He is for the most part a little shy, his english is shaky, and is a person of very few words. Obviously, not a person that would incite something, for the plain reason that it would take too long to translate right.

Watching events unfold, I suspected that one of the non-title holders involved was a multi-boxer, I have, of course, no proof of this. One of the warlords instantly started insulting me, and I had said nothing. Didn't bother me that much of course, after all, coming from a warlord.

One drop outta the waterfall, I could keep going, it would be pointless, and I don't have enough space, or hours in a day.

HOWEVER! Happy to say I have ran into the latter since. Refer to previous post responding to AmberRavenSong7, where I stumbled into Morganth on a 'team up' and ended up with a warlord. You say vast majority are not like that, I have experienced quite the opposite. When I do meet someone flying that flag, and they seem normal, or are quiet, I do find it noteworthy to mention.

Reason for this? Don't happen often in my experience. At least not often enough.

Again. Back to what I said to AmberRavenSong7, the good news is you can always lead by example.

I am guessing the vast majority of warlords you see and the vast majority I see could well be 2 different groups. That's my guess. I only port to where they are if a friend has problems.

The older the tree, the bigger it is. Some seeds start out bad. Others don't.
You may be interested to know. I went to Team up with Morganthe yesterday too. Usually the teams are fine but this time I ran into a "crew" At first things were fine. I am very aggressive with my spells for a balance so before you know it all the attacks are on me. n.b.d. , i can heal. But before i could, Morganthe got the best of me. Everyone else still had full health, i fled and returned. When i returned the storm boss had full pips again, and i had a mana burn in hand - Oh yeah. I burned her before she could slam me again, but she also had a feint on. Apparently the crew didn't like me using their feint. The male Warlord told me the feint was more important than the fact she had full pips. I told him you weren't the one who just died and had to flee. So, his female friend joined in (titled warlords both, just like me) insulting me and tearing me apart.my gear choices, my ranking, my hair color, my stitch. i swear, it was high school all over again. Seriously, I could not believe their behavior. I was stunned. If I was younger and more easily shaken I would probably never play the game again after that. At this age, I just say whatever. I fled, put them on ignore, and left them cold. I really could see your point about the clique-ish elitist behavior some Warlords display after that. Funny, it wasn't even in the ring and we were all on the same side.....

Amber Raven Song Warlord

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
mebbenow on May 16, 2014 wrote:
Do forgive me, it has been my experience thus, and hense, have just not happened to run into too many of the latter of which you speak. I am not saying that they don't exist, but from 2+ years experience here, the vast majority of my interactions, both direct and indirect, have been the former. This spans all rank, though I have never seen anyone sporting a 'private' badge.

Henseforth hitherto, it was not witnessing 'one' person. It was witnessing more than one incident, often with more than one person involved. Reference to last statement, one instance where I ported to the pet pavilion, and witnessed a commander and captain badgering a friend of mine. Within a couple minutes they were joined by 2 warlords, who, porting in to them, instantly jumped in on it.

Little info, before it goes there, my friend's background? He collects pets. He is a very mild mannered person. Since my better half introduced me to him, I have never known him to be offensive or insulting. Not the profile of a troll. He is for the most part a little shy, his english is shaky, and is a person of very few words. Obviously, not a person that would incite something, for the plain reason that it would take too long to translate right.

Watching events unfold, I suspected that one of the non-title holders involved was a multi-boxer, I have, of course, no proof of this. One of the warlords instantly started insulting me, and I had said nothing. Didn't bother me that much of course, after all, coming from a warlord.

One drop outta the waterfall, I could keep going, it would be pointless, and I don't have enough space, or hours in a day.

HOWEVER! Happy to say I have ran into the latter since. Refer to previous post responding to AmberRavenSong7, where I stumbled into Morganth on a 'team up' and ended up with a warlord. You say vast majority are not like that, I have experienced quite the opposite. When I do meet someone flying that flag, and they seem normal, or are quiet, I do find it noteworthy to mention.

Reason for this? Don't happen often in my experience. At least not often enough.

Again. Back to what I said to AmberRavenSong7, the good news is you can always lead by example.

I am guessing the vast majority of warlords you see and the vast majority I see could well be 2 different groups. That's my guess. I only port to where they are if a friend has problems.

The older the tree, the bigger it is. Some seeds start out bad. Others don't.
Well, if you only teleport to friends to help them with their problems with warlords, then of course you're only going to see the bad warlords. I said that very few warlords were profane/rude, not none at all. Naturally some humans will seek to annoy or anger others. I have seen, battled, and talked with many warlords, and very few that I have seen have been unkind. The definition of stereotype:


noun


1.

A widely held but fixed and oversimplified image or idea of a particular type of person or thing.

The number of people that consider warlords in general to be rude, profane, or in some other way bad fits this definition exactly. Sure, there are bound to be some people that are not the best in behavior, but they are not only among warlords, and there are not very many of those people. Stereotyping warlords is not the best way to deal with these people; just use the ignore and/or buttons and you will be fine.