Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair attacks on Warlords.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Aaron SpellThief on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
Let me just ask you this: do you consider gear to be the same as treasure cards? I could spend some money, and at low levels, get some decent crowns gear. At high levels, I'd have to farm, but is it any different than farming for gold to get treasure cards? Any player can use treasure cards, and lower levels can't buy treasure cards such as gargantuan, making treasure cards fair. If lower level privates don't prepare for pvp, then aren't they going to lose, treasure cards or otherwise? Treasure cards just even the ground between low level warlords and higher level privates.
gear is not the same as TCs because you can use it more than once. TCs may even the ground on some occasions, but from what i have seen, they just make the low lvl more likely to win. most TCs low lvl warlords use are a lot higher than their enemy's spells at 68 or higher. whenever i see a ranked match, they are usually lvl 88 TCs. that does not even the ground no matter how much health the higher wizard has.

usually, a low lvl warlord is fighting a lvl 30-50 private, right? that's just what i have seen, but it may not be totally accurate, so correct me if i am wrong. anyway, the warlord would use a lvl 68-88 TCs (USUALLY). their enemy, the 30-50 wizard cannot use spells that high, nor (USUALLY) defend against them. not all the time does this happen, but often enough. in my opinion, this TCs do not even the playing field; and gear is not the same as a TC. you can use it more than once.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Shadow 343 on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
gear is not the same as TCs because you can use it more than once. TCs may even the ground on some occasions, but from what i have seen, they just make the low lvl more likely to win. most TCs low lvl warlords use are a lot higher than their enemy's spells at 68 or higher. whenever i see a ranked match, they are usually lvl 88 TCs. that does not even the ground no matter how much health the higher wizard has.

usually, a low lvl warlord is fighting a lvl 30-50 private, right? that's just what i have seen, but it may not be totally accurate, so correct me if i am wrong. anyway, the warlord would use a lvl 68-88 TCs (USUALLY). their enemy, the 30-50 wizard cannot use spells that high, nor (USUALLY) defend against them. not all the time does this happen, but often enough. in my opinion, this TCs do not even the playing field; and gear is not the same as a TC. you can use it more than once.

So, what you're saying is that since low level players can use high level (60-80 or so) treasure cards, they win more often than not? The thing is, higher level players have access to the exact same treasure cards, and more if they are high enough level to buy the level restricted treasure cards. If you want to look at it that way, gear is more unfair, because low level players often get matched with players that have significantly better gear which they cannot use. Also, as Joshua said, treasure cards still require skill. If you go in with rank 8 treasure cards at level 30 with no discernible strategy, then you're going to lose more often than not, even though you're using high rank treasure cards. Also, try beating a level 70 at level 30 without treasure cards, or the same with a level 50-60 vs a level 100. Even with treasure cards, such matches are still often extremely difficult to win because of stat and card disadvantages, and without treasure cards, these matches would simply be impossible to win because of a lower damage output.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Shadow 343 on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:

The point that the person you responded to was trying to make was that your previous argument revolved around TC allowing the user to pay to win(which both me and him disagreed with). Gear could effectively be the same way except it would fit that even more as not everyone can have access to the same gear.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
If I had a crown for every time one wizard or another has complained about treasure cards in pvp I would be a wealthy wizard indeed. Time to Let it go Let it go

Amber Raven Song&

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Joshua Starflame on Dec 20, 2014 wrote:
The point that the person you responded to was trying to make was that your previous argument revolved around TC allowing the user to pay to win(which both me and him disagreed with). Gear could effectively be the same way except it would fit that even more as not everyone can have access to the same gear.
Thank you for confirming that. I did not understand that completely. I still have one question however. How are TCs and gear a fair match up? What I see is that gear and TCs are in no way equal because TCs can be used only once while gear is however many times you want. Could someone please answer that for me? I do not see how those two items are similar concerning PvP.

Defender
Jun 24, 2009
Shadow 343 on Dec 21, 2014 wrote:
Thank you for confirming that. I did not understand that completely. I still have one question however. How are TCs and gear a fair match up? What I see is that gear and TCs are in no way equal because TCs can be used only once while gear is however many times you want. Could someone please answer that for me? I do not see how those two items are similar concerning PvP.

Both provide advantages apart from normal spells. However with gear you get boosts to your stats and with TC you get access to spells you normally couldn't train. Gear can also come equipped with spells that you can't train and can use more than once but the spells may not be to your liking.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Joshua Starflame on Dec 21, 2014 wrote:
Both provide advantages apart from normal spells. However with gear you get boosts to your stats and with TC you get access to spells you normally couldn't train. Gear can also come equipped with spells that you can't train and can use more than once but the spells may not be to your liking.
okay, thank you.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
I can understand how you feel. Warlord gives a warning about how much time this guy/girl has pvp before. A private could be just as good. But you wouldn't know it. So I actually like the titles because it gives a warning that your basically gonna lose if it's a warlord XD thanks for time

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
I am going to go a little off topic for the moment and explain my stance on this situation. This all comes down to how people stereotype everything in this game, from schools of magic, spells from each school, people who wear certain gear, PvP rankings, it never ends. People in general always seem to interpret things as to how they see them and dont really look at the bigger picture to how things really are. For example many say from a narrow minded perspective that life is a weak school and is only good for healing; wrong. Another example would be that if someone has the PvP commander robe that automatically makes them an experienced player; wrong. This even comes down to not just the game but to everything in the world. people like to put labels on things and assume opinions as to how something is to them instead of looking at the Bigger picture as to how it really is. Moral of the story dont judge a book by its cover. All in all I agree with you the bashing of warlords has to stop but in reality it will never stop because every person including myself formulate opinions about our interpretations of everything even if we dont say it. Its just the way we as human beings were made. Its a sad part of life but there is nothing we can do about it, its just how we are.

Mason Greenbane Exalted

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
DarkWIZard98x on Jan 10, 2015 wrote:
I am going to go a little off topic for the moment and explain my stance on this situation. This all comes down to how people stereotype everything in this game, from schools of magic, spells from each school, people who wear certain gear, PvP rankings, it never ends. People in general always seem to interpret things as to how they see them and dont really look at the bigger picture to how things really are. For example many say from a narrow minded perspective that life is a weak school and is only good for healing; wrong. Another example would be that if someone has the PvP commander robe that automatically makes them an experienced player; wrong. This even comes down to not just the game but to everything in the world. people like to put labels on things and assume opinions as to how something is to them instead of looking at the Bigger picture as to how it really is. Moral of the story dont judge a book by its cover. All in all I agree with you the bashing of warlords has to stop but in reality it will never stop because every person including myself formulate opinions about our interpretations of everything even if we dont say it. Its just the way we as human beings were made. Its a sad part of life but there is nothing we can do about it, its just how we are.

Mason Greenbane Exalted
Agreed! That is very, very, very well said, Mason. I think that you have stated this very well. Thank you.

Katharine B.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
I see a lot of Warlords doing trash talk. There shouldnt be a topic defending them since 95% of warlords are really rude.When they disagree with someone, the answer of warlords is "1v1" or some insults.