Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is 100% unfair

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Team yoloswag on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
last night my friends and I wanted to do some 3v3 or 4v4 pvp. We had a 4v4 team, but waited for 30 minutes and didn't get a match. Then when 1 friend had to go, we tried a 3v3 team and waited for 30 minutes, got a match, the other team left, then we had to wait another 30 minutes. We ended up not getting a match the whole night! 1.5 hours of waiting for a fun team pvp match and we got nothing! Please KI make the matching system faster, as pvp is one of the best parts of the game, and it is so annoying to wait for hat amount of time and not get a match. (p.s. we are not really serious pvp-ers and just do it for fun so when you just want to just have fun it is annoying to wait an hour and a half with no matches)

Have any of you had similar issues? What can be done to speed up the system?

Nicholas Legendbringer level 73
There can't be anything done. What happened was you were the only 3v3 or 4v4 team that was your level. It could have paired you up with people way higher, or maybe way lower. But you would have complained about that as well (general statement not hating on you) So, they do what they can but if there isn't an even match then they won't put you together.

Wolf Skullslinger

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
ok thanks wolf guess the only thing to do is wait lol.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Team yoloswag on Sep 29, 2013 wrote:
last night my friends and I wanted to do some 3v3 or 4v4 pvp. We had a 4v4 team, but waited for 30 minutes and didn't get a match. Then when 1 friend had to go, we tried a 3v3 team and waited for 30 minutes, got a match, the other team left, then we had to wait another 30 minutes. We ended up not getting a match the whole night! 1.5 hours of waiting for a fun team pvp match and we got nothing! Please KI make the matching system faster, as pvp is one of the best parts of the game, and it is so annoying to wait for hat amount of time and not get a match. (p.s. we are not really serious pvp-ers and just do it for fun so when you just want to just have fun it is annoying to wait an hour and a half with no matches)

Have any of you had similar issues? What can be done to speed up the system?

Nicholas Legendbringer level 73
Faster? Okay they'll make it fast, but you kinda gotta be paired with WARLORD PROMETHEANS. Sorry those are the only people available, take it or leave it, you wait because there are not any other transcendent 3v3 teams, you said you just pvp for fun, maybe try practice?

Survivor
Apr 20, 2012
same thing happened to me i waited an hour for my match. then the whole other team fled cause we were higher level.

Nicole Blueleaf lvl 33

Survivor
Apr 20, 2012
I totally agree! One time i got paired with a level 90 warlord I am so sick of this happening please fix this for my sake and everyone else's sake

Nicole Blueleaf level 33

Survivor
Apr 20, 2012
I dont think any are unfair. I mean don't throw a fit or anything but just stay calm and if you lose maybe try to level up first then try more pvp then you'll be a higher level and maybe be able to cast those spells yourself?

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
one of the reasons i don't do anything higher than 2v2. the more players involved, the longer the wait time.

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
wraithcaster on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
Am I the only one who knows about the button that adjusts the maximum level of wizards in a duel, I've seen it. And it makes sure the fight is at least fair, please look around next time you create a pvp.
That's in the practice arena, not the ranked arena. You have no say in the matter for a ranked match.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Duncan WindLeaf on Jul 11, 2013 wrote:
KI, i think you should make the Pvp in Wizard101 a bit more fair. For example, when I was level 10 I rushed straight to the arena. However, when I quick-joined, I was faced against a wizard with over 1,000 health. No need to say what happened next, because it is so obvious how the battle ended, but I thought it was very unfair. What I am saying is that when a wizard quick-joins a fight in PvP, you should try to match them up with someone around their level. If there is no one around their level signing up for a PvP match, set them up with a robot so they can still fight an even match. Just make it like a wooden construct or something. Thanks for listening,and I hope you agree with me.

Still healing bruises, Duncan WindLeaf, Adept Diviner, Level 32
At lvl 10, 1000 health isn't that hard to achieve my, lvl 10 ice wiz has a little over 1000 health with the right gear. I think pvp is unfair to low lvl commanders and warlords. I've seen 30 warlords vs lvl 60 privates in ranked pvp. I wish KI would stop relying on rank so much to determine whats a fair match in ranked pvp.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2011
Darkshadow928k on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
I dont think is it fair either .
I also dont believe it is fair at all that boy wizards get the commander robe
from bundles and the girls have to fight hard in PVP in order to get the girl
commander robe which isn't fair at all cause some don't like or even can
win in PVP cause K I has ruined PVP, more people cheat in PVP
and many times have to battle warlords which have allot of playing hours
and XP or have to resort to cheating in doing PVP. How is this fair to girl
wizards that dont do PVP and now warlords have tournaments to win better
prizes so give the others a break and let the girls have the robe.
The only bundle that gave a commander robe, hat & boots was the Epic bundle and has been discontinued & is not for sale anywhere, so no, no one can get the robe except through pvp.

Brandon Ironblade Level 90

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
i agree , took my lvl. 40 to pvp and got matched up with a dude with 4,000 health

Survivor
Sep 11, 2012
Setting someone up with a "robot" would NEVER work. What would be the stats of the "robot?" Besides, this would be Player Versus Robot instead of Player Versus Player.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
Firstly let me just say that I love pvp. I participate in tournaments and ranked 1v1 In my pvp wizard (lvl 31 death) and I love to spend 1 or 2 hours just in one fight (wining or loosing)

My complaint is about the difference between the levels of PvPers

Recently I have fought only against Wizards with 20/30 levels higher than mine.
Even with all the comander gear, new aquila wand and a good pet is completely unbalanced combat

I give the example of my last fight.
Me - 1420 health / my opponent - 3500I
Me-full comander gear / my opponent – full waterworks gear

I was lvl 32 and he lvl 62 (and I know this because I saw is stats before he leave the Arena) there is a HUGE difference between the size of the deck that we have and even the number and power of the spells that each of us learned.
Even though I’m warlord and him private, is completely unfair. is true that we are now much less time waiting to fight but also is true that fight this way is so not funny (and the game is build to be fun to play) . In my opinion there should be a limit on the difference in levels or something that prevent this to happens.
I'm one step closer to not spend even one more crown in PvP and quit for life.

John MoonWhisper – LvL90 Fire
John RainWhisper – LvL32 Death

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
My name is Wolf Star and I am a level 36 Wizard.My pvp rank is 2171.Yesterday I faced a level 62 with the rank 976and he got to go first too.I almost beat him he has 400 health left.This matching is so unfair in pvp these days.KI promised their would be a 15 level difference limit in pvp.But that didn't happen.I face archmges at my rank.And no they don't have worse gear than me !They have crazy damage and resist as good as mine.I think KI should fix that and what do you guys think about this?This is the place to post all your thoughts on this matter.And don't give me the excuse that I have more experience in pvp.

Wolf Star Level 36 PVP Rank 2171(For now)

Survivor
Feb 23, 2009
I think is like the best pvper class but it just so annoying when you come across a max ice with jade gear
and tank health but I a max balance and I have like no rank from all the recent gear from Aquila now the worst classes a balance faces is storm cause now they can get almost 545 critical i think they should change I: but i think they should had a new balance special special thing like a good critical gear i have the perfect poise boots with like 50 critical but it now hard wt your going through cause now any max except balance could have 120 with just boots from the night mares pack but i think you should increase damage and resist if that wt you going through -wolf skywalkerlevel 90

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
My damage is 53 for balance and 50 resist to all schools

Survivor
Nov 22, 2012
KI is pretty much telling you this is how far you can go.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
You are correct, it is unfair and I have 2 theories as to why.

1) The first is that KI hopes you will spend money in the crown shop attempting to become more competitive with wizards you have little chance of defeating, if these wizards know what they are doing.

2) The second is that PVP is not drawing the number of people KI had hoped. I tried to do a PVP match this afternoon and waited for what seemed forever, never got a match. Tried a few minutes later, same thing. I did get a couple of matches in later, but still had to wait each time. I am a level 8 wizard. How is it possible with 35,000,000 wizards signed up that any wizard up to level 38 was not available for me to battle?

I have spoken with so many wizards I could not even give you an estimate. Most have not done PVP in a long time, some more than a year for the same reason you bring up.

We all want a fair fight and KI is not providing that.

It is 7:30 PM EST and there is only 26 reported PVP battles listed in 1v1. I had several friends go to different realms and report to me how many were listed at the same time. Each realm reported the same number give or take a couple. If only 5% of all wizards do PVP there is 1,750,000 wizards available. Of this number only 26 have set up matches for 1v1?

Even if KI had 1000 instances of Match Sign up running on servers this is still only 26,000 set up matches.

How PVP should be set up.

Multiple Classes

Open Class - Anything goes, any gear.
Classes for each Wizard level/rank with PVP gear and without Gear.

Ex:

Level 8 wizard Private without PVP gear only battles Level 8 wizard Private without PVP gear

Level 8 wizard Warlord with PVP gear only battles Level 8 wizard Warlord with PVP gear

You win enough you increase your rank and fight new players.
You level up your wizard you fight new players.
You level up AND get PVP gear, this is a double jump.

Option to fight higher classes

This would be fair.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hi,

KI - I am happy to pay for such a great environment for my family to play in. Check my account, I have paid a considerable amount for my son, wife and I to play. Well beyond the cost of 3 annual memberships.

I want KI to make money, make a profit, without which they will not stay in business.

I am a simple Level 8 PVP wizard with no PVP gear. I do not have time for extended matches and do not want to level up much higher.

I have been extremely frustrated with the PVP system and unfair match selections, like so many others currently playing and all of those that have stopped playing, and there are so very many. I have only lost to my equals a few times. All of the remaining loses are because they have many pieces of PVP gear, power pips and simply wait until I am out of cards, most Level 35 or higher.

I would love to try PVP tournaments and am happy to pay for it.

Why won't I do any tournaments?

It is simple, why would I pay to enter a tournament only to be blown out by several PVP warlords which have all the PVP clothing, superior wands, amulets, athames, and decks.

Ranked and practice matches, I can quest, farm, or craft while I wait for a fair match so do not think you must put me into the ring as fast as possible.

Right now, when the battle starts out with the other wizard having all and multiple power pips I know I am about to waste several treasure cards.

Please make the entire PVP system fair and give each wizard a chance to trust in the luck of his or her cards and their strategy. The ranked and tournament system should work in a similar fashion as the practice system does with optional PVP gear filtering. If someday I want to try my luck against someone that has PVP gear allow me to select it.

Please, we want so very much to renew our memberships and try tournaments, but work to hard to simply throw our money away.

Thank you for your time, it is greatly appreciated.

Gabriel

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
Hi Gabriel,

I'm in a similar situation as you in that I pay for several members of my family to play. Unlike you, though, I find PvP to be the most enjoyable aspect of the game. PvP gear is a reward for diligent players who earn enough tickets and a high enough rank. If you're facing level 35 players and you're only level 8, then you've already earned the rank. It appears that your only challenge then is to earn enough tickets to buy the gear. For those of us with access to crowns, the answer is simple - play tournaments. In a tournament, the lowest amount of tickets that you can earn is 250 if I recall correctly. Even at warlord rank, it would take about a dozen wins to earn that many. Come in first in a tournament and you'll take in around 1,250 tickets. Once you obtain the gear that you're missing, you'll be set to face those level 35 players that you referred to.

By the way, I suggest leveling your PvP character to at least level 16 so that you can take advantage of tower shields in your main deck. It might make your matches a lot easier. Level to 20 and you can train reshuffle, which would help with your problem of running out of cards. You could always put a reshuffle in your tc side deck, of course, but that takes up valuable (and limited) space. My main PvP character is a level 20 Balance wizard, and most of my matches are short, which is the way that I like them. Being level 20, though, allows me to survive long enough to win most of the time. Happy PvPing.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
I would just prefer it if the person you battled would be in the same 100 pvp ratingradius as you are. I get set up with warlords all of the time on my death character, and he's only a private in pvp. It's very frustrating to me because my rank just goes down every time he gets beaten by some warlord or captain.

Flint Nightbreaker-level 90 pyromancer
Angus Darkthorn- level 52 necromancer
Finnigan- level 33 diviner

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hi Corwin,

Wow, your explanation sounds like it came right from KI. Spend crowns, lose every match and KI will give you PVP gear, did I miss something? KI might as well just put PVP Tickets in the crown shop for sale.

I can get the gear, I have plenty of tickets and I have crowns.

I do not want to level up. I like the short battles that the low levels provide. 1 card or a single fizzle can be the difference in the match. This reminds me of speed chess back in high school several decades ago.

If I level up to 16/20 as you suggest I will no longer be playing level 35 - 39. How could you have possibly overlooked this? If my current situation is any indication then I will be forced to have matches with wizards 30+ levels higher than I am. What really was accomplished by going to Level 16/20 then? The level 50 gear, spells and DECKS would once again will be far superior to mine.

What could possibly be bad about a system that has wizards which are the same level/rank/gear competing against each other? If they win several matches, upgrade gear or level up they move to a more difficult rank/level. If I am a Level 8 Warlord and every level 8 loses to me then I am better.

KI, unlike so many others here in the forums complaining about fees, I understand business and that KI needs to find additional ways to generate income, I am fine with this. Many people are mad for the same reasons I am, many have stopped playing PVP. Please reconsider the system and provide an environment that is truly competitive.

When you do this, perhaps many of the unhappy players will return to PVP and happily pay.

I want to enter the tournaments for bragging rights and a trophy at my house, not for gear. I will gladly pay a reasonable entry fee to have competitive matches.

It is better business to get a few crowns from many, than many crowns from a few.

Thank you....

Explorer
Feb 19, 2013
Hi Dragon of Platypi,

You said you must battle "Warlords all of the time" and that your wizard is "only a private". That is exactly what is wrong with the system.

Each Level/Rank/Gear type should only have matches within the same group. You should only have to battle a level 62 private with regular gear, not a warlord with PVP gear. Your decks should be of the same size, your gear should be close to being equal, rings, amulets should all be very similar. This would give you a chance.

You win X out of Y matches you get promoted to a higher rank.
You get PVP gear, you get moved into the PVP gear division for your Level and Rank.
You decide you want to Level up your PVP wizard, again you move to a new division.

At my level there is 3 real issues that simply are to hard to overcome.

The first is Deck size, 25 cards compared to 52 cards. In the last month I can only think of 3 matches where I was actually beaten, all other loses were caused by running low/out of cards. I do not ever remember having less health than my opponent when I ran out of cards. I have been lucky and survived long enough that they run out of cards also. Then it is a matter of who will out wait the other, it should be considered a draw and the match ended after a certain number of consecutive passes by both players.

The second is power pips, at level 8 you get none, at Level 26 - 39 you can get many. It allows them to use spells that require 8 - 10 pips which I cannot use. It also lets them hit on the first round dealing damage that is hard to overcome.

The third is Spells (in combination with the above), Level 35 spells with a +175 on it is much better than anything I could ever hope for even in the TC version.

I am curious, what levels are the Warlords that defeat you?

Do you win when you do get to battle someone in your own Level/Rank?

Thank you....

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Gabriel Stormhunte... on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
Hi Corwin,

Wow, your explanation sounds like it came right from KI. Spend crowns, lose every match and KI will give you PVP gear, did I miss something? KI might as well just put PVP Tickets in the crown shop for sale.

I can get the gear, I have plenty of tickets and I have crowns.

I do not want to level up. I like the short battles that the low levels provide. 1 card or a single fizzle can be the difference in the match. This reminds me of speed chess back in high school several decades ago.

If I level up to 16/20 as you suggest I will no longer be playing level 35 - 39. How could you have possibly overlooked this? If my current situation is any indication then I will be forced to have matches with wizards 30+ levels higher than I am. What really was accomplished by going to Level 16/20 then? The level 50 gear, spells and DECKS would once again will be far superior to mine.

What could possibly be bad about a system that has wizards which are the same level/rank/gear competing against each other? If they win several matches, upgrade gear or level up they move to a more difficult rank/level. If I am a Level 8 Warlord and every level 8 loses to me then I am better.

KI, unlike so many others here in the forums complaining about fees, I understand business and that KI needs to find additional ways to generate income, I am fine with this. Many people are mad for the same reasons I am, many have stopped playing PVP. Please reconsider the system and provide an environment that is truly competitive.

When you do this, perhaps many of the unhappy players will return to PVP and happily pay.

I want to enter the tournaments for bragging rights and a trophy at my house, not for gear. I will gladly pay a reasonable entry fee to have competitive matches.

It is better business to get a few crowns from many, than many crowns from a few.

Thank you....

I am very impressed with this post. You did a great job at expressing some fundermental problems that tick all of us off. But I would say that the majority of us just put up with it because we can't be bothered taking time to write on the message boards.

But I don't agree that PvP gear is a problem. It is available to everyone, including you and your family and the whole point of it is that you have to earn it first. This is not as hard as it sounds. Yes you may have to face warlords who already have the gear before you get yours but your not likely to get paired with them at first when your rank is low. If you are not commander by the time you have the tickets to buy the boots then buy the any rank PvP gear first. You will need to go up to level 10 first before you can use them, but level 10 is what you need to enter tournaments anyway.

Everything else I completely agree with. Tournaments should not cost crowns and the level gap is way too big sometimes.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2010
Gabriel Stormhunte... on Nov 15, 2013 wrote:
Hi Dragon of Platypi,

You said you must battle "Warlords all of the time" and that your wizard is "only a private". That is exactly what is wrong with the system.

Each Level/Rank/Gear type should only have matches within the same group. You should only have to battle a level 62 private with regular gear, not a warlord with PVP gear. Your decks should be of the same size, your gear should be close to being equal, rings, amulets should all be very similar. This would give you a chance.

You win X out of Y matches you get promoted to a higher rank.
You get PVP gear, you get moved into the PVP gear division for your Level and Rank.
You decide you want to Level up your PVP wizard, again you move to a new division.

At my level there is 3 real issues that simply are to hard to overcome.

The first is Deck size, 25 cards compared to 52 cards. In the last month I can only think of 3 matches where I was actually beaten, all other loses were caused by running low/out of cards. I do not ever remember having less health than my opponent when I ran out of cards. I have been lucky and survived long enough that they run out of cards also. Then it is a matter of who will out wait the other, it should be considered a draw and the match ended after a certain number of consecutive passes by both players.

The second is power pips, at level 8 you get none, at Level 26 - 39 you can get many. It allows them to use spells that require 8 - 10 pips which I cannot use. It also lets them hit on the first round dealing damage that is hard to overcome.

The third is Spells (in combination with the above), Level 35 spells with a +175 on it is much better than anything I could ever hope for even in the TC version.

I am curious, what levels are the Warlords that defeat you?

Do you win when you do get to battle someone in your own Level/Rank?

Thank you....

I'm almost slow to admit it, but I am always losing against the low level warlords like level 8s up to 30. I usually win against people who are my level, but, like you said, i only win against my smae ranks.

Flint Angus Finnigan