Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is 100% unfair

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
78
hermionejeangrange... wrote:
The other day, i decided to try my luck at a 1v1. The first two, i won, no problem. But then i got to the third one. Against an archmage storm warlord in full level 70 crown gear with nearly 4,000 life. Let me put this in perspective. I'm an ice, level 74 ( 72 at the time), and a private. My point is, in this PVP, people are put against eachother by level, not skill. KI has got to stop putting privates against crown only warlords. Its totally unfair.

Just a random fluke in the system. He had a higher skill level and he deserved to win. You can't complain that you were matched with someone better at PvP than you are. Anyway I doubt you lost very many points because the current system dosen't allow Warlords higher than your level to reap points from Privates.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
12
Maxo123456789 wrote:
no im not kidding and im not lieing ok it really happend.I just want people to say to kingsle to fix this right now so pvp is fair somtimes


he's not lieing, this happened to me as my myth too.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
12
robboy06 wrote:
Stop complaining. if you dont want to get paired up with higher ranks then just do practice. Besides the pvp gear that you can get with tickets is not that good. just my opinion


Ok, what does that have to do with anything?

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
It isnt unfair. You were given a lot of tools for PvP. Yes, you can shield. Yep, use those treasure cards. Time to use shatter. Etc. A team of magus and master wizards beat a puppet team (3 transcended, 1 puppet)


Explorer
Jul 10, 2009
77
hermionejeangrange... wrote:
The other day, i decided to try my luck at a 1v1. The first two, i won, no problem. But then i got to the third one. Against an archmage storm warlord in full level 70 crown gear with nearly 4,000 life. Let me put this in perspective. I'm an ice, level 74 ( 72 at the time), and a private. My point is, in this PVP, people are put against eachother by level, not skill. KI has got to stop putting privates against crown only warlords. Its totally unfair.


I agree with you fully.

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
Yea I know it happens but think of it this way if you lose you won't lose that many points because you are a private fighting a warlord, but if you win you will gain a ton of points.

Btw lvl 70 crown gear isn't that great there is better gear than that.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
248
well frankly if you had the 80 storm resist like most ice he should have been no problem and well storm is simple to beat you just have to use tower shield

Mastermind
Jul 28, 2010
312
blaze552563 wrote:
well frankly if you had the 80 storm resist like most ice he should have been no problem and well storm is simple to beat you just have to use tower shield


Cut him some slack he is a private so he doesn't know all the tricks to pvp. Even if he did have that resistance I think the warlord would still win. I have faced privates of all schools at some point in pvp ( note they were in practice pvp) and I am a commander. I usually win because of that. After the game I would help and give them some advice.

I am death btw so I don't kill my enemies very fast.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
1
The other day, i decided to try my luck at a 1v1. The first two, i won, no problem. But then i got to the third one. Against an archmage storm warlord in full level 70 crown gear with nearly 4,000 life. Let me put this in perspective. I'm an ice, level 74 ( 72 at the time), and a private. My point is, in this PVP, people are put against eachother by level, not skill. KI has got to stop putting privates against crown only warlords. Its totally unfair.

I agree pvp is still far from balanced, not just the match-ups but even the cards. Why would KI ban Talos from pvp and not wild bolt? Today I was pvping on my Myth level 35, and went against a storm level 50. He went first and used a wild bolt, got a critical and did 2000 damage and I died. Basically he won before I had a chance to do ANYTHING. KI needs to drastically change pvp hopefully soon.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2010
77
I agree. I get around level 35's and I was only level 22 at the time, but I manage to pull off hard wins.

-Savvy DeathHunter Lvl 24 Life Pvp Captain 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
523
One way to look at it is that by playing the best you will become better faster.

If they beat you, ask yourself:

1. What did he do to beat me?
2. Are there any spells I could put in my deck or tc deck to counter the way they beat me?
3. Am I otherwise happy with my current spell set up? Or do I need to make some other changes?

Tweak your deck a little after each loss. And take conscious notes about how a warlord beats you, because if you are a private, the warlord is a much lower level than you. You can beat him with proper deck set up and strategy.

P.S. High level warlords utilize their sideboard to maximize their potential. I suggest you do the same.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
17
Maxo123456789 wrote:
i am mad i was playing on my ice wizard [hes a sergent lvl44] and i got pared up with a [lvl69 pvp knight] is that fare seriously thats not fare fix that problem now.If that happed to you leave a message with what happend to you 8)

First off, if you created the fight then you can choose the minium and maxium level wizard you can fight against. If you didn't create the fight then, why did you choose that wizard to fight then? Getting pared up with a lvl 69 wizard isn't a problem though, yes it is unfair but, you chose that wizard to fight or maybe that wizard chose to fight you.
Second, PVP will be like that. Some wizards buy their spells which would give them an advantage. So basicaly, winning PVP is just pure luck.

Defender
May 15, 2010
153
shzgdfg wrote:
Maxo123456789 wrote:
i am mad i was playing on my ice wizard [hes a sergent lvl44] and i got pared up with a [lvl69 pvp knight] is that fare seriously thats not fare fix that problem now.If that happed to you leave a message with what happend to you 8)

First off, if you created the fight then you can choose the minium and maxium level wizard you can fight against. If you didn't create the fight then, why did you choose that wizard to fight then? Getting pared up with a lvl 69 wizard isn't a problem though, yes it is unfair but, you chose that wizard to fight or maybe that wizard chose to fight you.
Second, PVP will be like that. Some wizards buy their spells which would give them an advantage. So basicaly, winning PVP is just pure luck.
Most of this post only replies to practice PvP.

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
103
Dillon7265 wrote:
Well, after seeing what happened to me I actually might believe you. I received 1 point for a win against a level 80 sergeant storm and lost 27 points when I lost to a level 80 sergeant balance and I was a level 60 warlord.


That is because you are a WARLORD. They are SERGEANT. You have hundrdd of points worth of pvp experience over them so KI thinks it should be easy for you.

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012
96
same thing happened to me 2v2 ranked me and my firend was level 42 other team one level 57 other level 69 this is unfair :(

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
44
THIS is unfair. I'm a lvl 27 with a three vs three match. My team me lvl 5 ,10
other team, hero of Zafaria 4093 life and two 2903 life. I cast a few sheilds then one of the 2903 life ones which had been casting a ton of ice blade and traps on her teammates and us cast blizzard killing lvl 5 and 10 and lowing my health tremendously. Next turn, hero of Zafaria cast collossos of me with critical. 2093 health away. I'm dead.

Caitlin StrongTalon, 28 theugist.
Hero of krokotopia
Dispiser of Marleybone and crafting

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
13
I do practice PvP all the time with my lvl 66 wizard, (who is stil ranked "private" ) and in practice pvp's i am always paired up with a way lower lvl, and i'm talking lvl 9's and 10's and i defeat them with one spell. I occasionally get a higher (around my lvl) wizard, but i seem to always get low lvl wizards :( I do not like this, and hope that something is done about it.

Patrick Dragonblood
Legendary Pyromancer



Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
5
i have been getting insanely mad on my storm during pvp 1v1 i am a private being paired against warlord and commanders. i think something has to be done because i dont think its fair. warlords are warlords for a reason they know how to face ANY type of player easily. privates are still learning what to do and its making it impossible to rank up

Survivor
Nov 14, 2010
2
Me and my friend were doing 2v2 on PvP. We are both level 35. I am storm and she is balance. We were both knights and trying to rank up. After about five minutes of waiting our battle began. When we got to the arena I was shocked. One of my opponents was a level five life and the other was a Level 80 STORM! They went first and the storm guy did a wild bolt(critical!) on my friend. It did over 2000 and she died. I had no healing spells and only 3 pips. After 5 more rounds of me spamming shields so i wouldn't die the level five life did an earthquake(treasure card) which i was not expecting and removed all my shields. Then the level 80 did a Leviathan and i died. The worst part was that i lost 26 POINTS! My friend an i went down a WHOLE RANK! We were so mad. Do you think this battle was unfair or fair

Survivor
Nov 20, 2010
7
I know i'm not the only one who realizes this issue during pvp. Say your a lvl 5 knight and you want to 1v1. You get the icon that says "Go to Arena" Then when you get to the arena you see that the person your versing is a lvl 30 commander in full commander gear with 20 attack strength and 53-55 resist. It's just unfair for a lvl 5 to vs a lvl 30. You have no chance what so ever of winning. I Suggest we can only have up to 5-7 lvl difference. So if your a lvl 5 you could only verse up to a lvl 10-12.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2010
7
I know i'm not the only one who realizes this issue during pvp. Say your a lvl 5 knight and you want to 1v1. You get the icon that says "Go to Arena" Then when you get to the arena you see that the person your versing is a lvl 30 commander in full commander gear with 20 attack strength and 53-55 resist. It's just unfair for a lvl 5 to vs a lvl 30. You have no chance what so ever of winning. I Suggest we can only have up to 5-7 lvl difference. So if your a lvl 5 you could only verse up to a lvl 10-12.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
14
I know what you mean. This happened to my level 5 ice girl. She is great at pvp and I love playing her. I keep getting paired up with level 20's-30's. This also happens with my level 58 girl. Me and my friend Joseph (ice) Like to pvp together. But every time we do we get paired up with archmages. His level is only 61. Wizard101 really needs to fix this. I'm almost to the point of quitting of wizard101 for this.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
14
I have been playing wizard101 for about a year and a half now and am enjoying the game. You guys have great staff and work hard to produce a great game. But for a while now I have been thinking this over and am thinking of quiting Wizard101 for this matter.

I really just play wizard101 for pvp. It is always fun to enjoy a friendly challenge and competition against other players. I do a lot of 2v2 with my friends. I have done several matches with my friend Joseph (Level 61 ice) and we won about 5 and lost about 15. The reason: 80% of the time we get paired up with 2 archmages, or an archmage and a level 50 puppet.

I am an ice wizard level 58, and like I said, my friend Joseph is level 61. I find it a bit unfair that we usually get paired up with archmages. Joseph is only a captain (Well, for this matter he lost it thanks to this reason) And I am a private currently with 456 points. (I'll tell you why in a bit) Usually when we win a match against other people, we only gain about 8 points. But when we get paired up with archmages and lose, we lose about 40 points or more. Is it really fair that we always get paired up with archmages most of the time and have to suffer and lose?

This hasn't just happened 1 or 2 times. This has happened most every match I do with a friend now. It frustrates me that the archmages get to gain about 50 points for an easy match, while we lose 50 points and only gain about 10 points on a good match. A similar topic has happened to my lvl 5 ice knight. She was knight but now is down to sergeant. Most of the time when I go to pvp her, she gets paired up with a level 25 commander with 45 resist, 12 damage, and stocked up on treasure cards.

I know i'm not the only one who feels this way. I've seen a lot of other topics related to this. If you guys don't mind, please fix the level pairing in pvp. I am near to quiting wizard101 for this problem.

Thanks
Destiny StarBlossom
Level 58 ice

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
61
I feel you man. Im a lvl 50 death and i always get paired with lvl 70's and 80's I hope that someday they upate this and make the leveling system better.

Survivor
May 03, 2009
18
Destiny StarBlosso... on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
I have been playing wizard101 for about a year and a half now and am enjoying the game. You guys have great staff and work hard to produce a great game. But for a while now I have been thinking this over and am thinking of quiting Wizard101 for this matter.

I really just play wizard101 for pvp. It is always fun to enjoy a friendly challenge and competition against other players. I do a lot of 2v2 with my friends. I have done several matches with my friend Joseph (Level 61 ice) and we won about 5 and lost about 15. The reason: 80% of the time we get paired up with 2 archmages, or an archmage and a level 50 puppet.

I am an ice wizard level 58, and like I said, my friend Joseph is level 61. I find it a bit unfair that we usually get paired up with archmages. Joseph is only a captain (Well, for this matter he lost it thanks to this reason) And I am a private currently with 456 points. (I'll tell you why in a bit) Usually when we win a match against other people, we only gain about 8 points. But when we get paired up with archmages and lose, we lose about 40 points or more. Is it really fair that we always get paired up with archmages most of the time and have to suffer and lose?

This hasn't just happened 1 or 2 times. This has happened most every match I do with a friend now. It frustrates me that the archmages get to gain about 50 points for an easy match, while we lose 50 points and only gain about 10 points on a good match. A similar topic has happened to my lvl 5 ice knight. She was knight but now is down to sergeant. Most of the time when I go to pvp her, she gets paired up with a level 25 commander with 45 resist, 12 damage, and stocked up on treasure cards.

I know i'm not the only one who feels this way. I've seen a lot of other topics related to this. If you guys don't mind, please fix the level pairing in pvp. I am near to quiting wizard101 for this problem.

Thanks
Destiny StarBlossom
Level 58 ice
It doesn't just matter about to the level of the characters it also matters about the rank.

For EX: A level 65 Knight VS. 80 Private