Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Elf

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2009
3
"Yeah, we know storm can do that easily, but what about ice and myth? Give me the gear, dude!"

I figure I'll reply since you're eager for an answer. I'll only list key stats of Damage, Resist, and Block (this is mostly standard Darkmoor gear):

Myth

Kan Davasi Victor's Hood
+14% damage
+11% resist

Kan Davasi Victor's Gear
+21% damage
+14% resist

Kan Davasi Victor's Greaves
+21% damage
+7% resist
+105 block

Pet
+21% damage
+15% resist

(wand)

Dirk of Dimwood Vale
+16% damage
+18 block

Duelist's Daredevil Ring
+10% damage
+25 block

Relic of the Shadow Palace
+3% resist
+40 block

Total: 103% damage, 50% resist, 55ish%+ block

Ice is somewhat different in that it cannot easily obtain 100% damage and 50% resist, but it can obtain 90%+ damage and 60% resist (which is suitable given the nature of the Ice school)

Ice

Hood of the Cold Hearted
+10% damage
+14% resist

Armor of the Cold Hearted
+13% damage
+16% resist

Shoes of the Cold Hearted
+13% damage
+12% resist
+105 block

Pet
+21% damage
+15% resist

Beacon of the Arund Vale
+8% damage
+115 block

Wolf's Lancet of Shivers
+16% damage
+18 block

Duelist's Daredevil Ring
+10% damage
+25 block

Gem of Grand Prophecy
+3% resist
+40 block

Total: 91% damage, 60% resist, 55%ish block

Why does this all matter? It clearly shows that Storm isn't at as much of a gear advantage as you seem to imply.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1023
Shadow 343 on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
Right . . . As I have said before, level 80 can defeat level 100 easy! I am not level 80 and I can defeat 100 players without a problem. I've seen others do it too. Some have Jade Gear, but I won't and at least 40% of the ones I watch don't either. Some use crowns, but 30% don't.

Also, could you please give us some numbers to prove your point? Or words? Eric- "Every school can have 100%+ damage and 50%+ resist at the same time." Okay, let's say I believe you for two minutes. In those two minutes I'll ask you this:

Yeah, we know storm can do that easily, but what about ice and myth? Give me the gear, dude! Give us something that is actually out there that proves your point. You have an amazing way with math to prove your point ( x cough x cough), so let us know where you get the numbers from. Storms who believe a DoT is needed, give us valid proof that your desire is a need, not a want. Just talk.
"Shadow 343: "Also, could you please give us some numbers to prove your point?...In those two minutes I'll ask you this: but what about ice and myth? Give me the gear...let us know where you get the numbers."

Death
Death Lord's Veil of Woe: 16% damage 11% resist
Death Lords Cloak of Woe: 18% damage 14% resist
Death Lord's Greaves of Woe: 23% damage 7% resist
Lord of Death's Razor 16% damage
Shadow Queen's Grace:3% resist
Alpha and Omega Ring: 10% damage
Pet: (Proof/Defy/Giver/Dealer/School Giver): 21% damage 15% resist

Total Damage: 104%
Total Resist: 50%

Life
Cowl of Undying Malistaire: 16% damage 11% resist
Undying Malistaire's Tunic: 19% damage 14% resist
Undying Malistaire's Boots: 23% damage 7% resist
Spirit of Darkmoor's thorn:16% damage
Jewel of the Shadow Web: 3% resist
Alpha and Omega Ring: 10% damage

Pet: (Proof/Defy/Giver/Dealer/School Giver): 21% damage 15% resist


Total Damage: 105%




Total Resist: 50%



Myth

Kan Davasi Victor's Hood: 14% damage 11% resist
Kan Davasi Victor's Gear: 21% damage 14% resist
Kan Davasi Victor's Greaves: 21% damage 7% resist
Dirk of Dimwood Vale: 16% damage
Relic of the Shadow Palace: 3% resist
Alpha and Omega Ring: 10% damage
Pet: (Proof/Defy/Giver/Dealer/School Giver): 21% damage 15% resist
Total Damage:103%
Total Resist: 50%

Ice
Hood of the Cold Hearted: 10% damage 14% resist
Armor of the Cold Hearted: 13% damage 16% resist
Shoes of the Cold Hearted: 13% damage 12% resist
Wolf's Lancet of Shivers: 16% damage
Amulet: Gem of the Grand Prophecy: 3% resist
Alpha and Omega: 10% damage
Beacon of Arund Vale: 8% damage
Pet: (Proof/Defy/Giver/Dealer/School Giver)21% damage 15% resist
Total Damage: 91%
Total Resist: 60%

As we can see the other schools gain 100% damage and 50%+ resist. Ice gives up 9% from the damage standard (91% instead of 100% damage) to gain 10% in the resist standard (60% resist instead of 50% resist). Care to deny these numbers?

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1023
Shadow 343 on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
You see, most people think that if you are a higher level you have a more likely chance of winning against lower levels. That is true, but you don't always win. It really doesn't matter what level you are in PvP, it matters your skill. I'm not sure you recall PvPing in lower levels, or if you won any then. Stats and math aren't everything.

Now what about that gear?
No one ever argued that lower levels will always lose. What we did say is that high levels have access to much better tools and as such are at an advantage. The gear should have posted before this reply.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1023
Shadow 343 on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
Because every school got a shadow enhanced, they all have three arms now. that is not unfair. And I play one game; Wizard101. I sure hope you all have real xps and logical minds to put in this argument. why in the kingdoms would you think I play medieval games? Every educated person knows what weapons are strong and what ones are not.

The gear? Still waiting, Mr. Eric.
Um no-storm already had high damage-/low pips. They simply gained another "battle axe" with their shadow enhanced spell whereas the other schools that did not have storm's "battle axe" gained one. Storm on the other hand still has no DoT(chain). Also no word from you on the leaderboard data that in your words: "Shadow 343-With this leaderboard thing, that would be valid proof, but here storm is not at the bottom." Since the leaderboard data CLEARLY illustrates my point and you yourself said that would be valid proof...where is your response?

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
PvP King on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
No, Balance does not have the same damage potential as Storm, nor does it have a DoT, but it's the hardest school to shield against second to Fire.

"It is not that hard for a good storm to deal the damage needed though."


Okay, let's compare: Fire's average damage is 102%. A Storm's average damage is 120%. Glowbug Squall does 1395 base. Fire From Above does 1575 damage base. Add 120% to Glowbug Squall which is 3069 damage, and add 102% to Fire From Above which is 3181 damage. Already, Fire is dealing more damage than Storm, while having on average 800 more health than Storm wizards. Given that, Fire has DoT's while Storm doesn't, meaning that Fire deals more damage than Storm while also attacking into less shields. Already proof that Storm can't compete in damage and health ratios.

"Get resist and block; it is possible believe it or not."


Which is what every storm already has, to the best that their gear can offer.

"Storm is a partnering school. Thus, they'd rule in 2v2."
Storm has never been considered as a team school. Sure, in questing, Storm is pretty solid, but other choices such as a Balance-Balance team or a Balance-Death team are much more suitable for PvP. Balance, Death, Life and Myth are currently the best 2v2 schools. Storm simply dies too fast.
In my opinion, fire is a better school than storm but that is just because I really don't like storm. I see their points at times, but I still don't like them. I have a fire wizard who is doing better than my storm did though both were and are low levels; 25-30 or so. Fire has good stuff, but they cannot take over storm's roll. Health is the one thing that holds storms back; one thing. Storm has everything save health. I thought they were supposed to have the least amount of accuracy; they have the most! I thought they were supposed to be damage not defense; but they have two less resist than ice. Two! And ice is the defense school! Health is the only weakness to a storm and everything, everyone, must have a weakness to be human. Even wizardly computer avatars.

Did you know that using shields can prevent dying? They help a lot; storms should try it some time. I've noticed that no one really shields in PvP in the higher levels. But they should. Yes, they take a round to cast them but it is worth it. Their no pips and handy. And when I say no one shields in higher level PvP, I mean that they don't shield with anything save tower shields. Tower shields can be pierced down to the one digit numbers by the average storm so use a different shield. The reason not many PvPers use shields is because they can be pierced, but if they have decent resist, the shield saves that from being pierced. You won't die if you try to stay alive.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
PvP King on Apr 7, 2015 wrote:
So apparently a level 80 should be able to beat a level 100? Lol. Sorry to break it to you, but that's not the reality of PvP.

"I have defeated level 100 people before- of all different schools-alone."
That's nice, and so have I. We call them PvP Privates for a reason.
"...no matter how many shields there are, storms still hit and they still win."
Welcome to 2015, that's a reality with every school at this point. And so you're telling me you can't fight a level 100 Storm at level 80? I wonder what you would do when you fought a Balance wizard who did 2000 per hit with Gaze of Fate with no boosts, or the Fire who does 6000 damage unshielded without even trying, or the Life who does 2000 base and puts up an 800 damage absorb, oh and not to mention the ever undying Death wizards who use Call of Khrulhu and heal up every time you think you've had them down. Or what about Ice? The only school that can tank at less than 1000 health and still make a comeback due to Abominable Weaver. The reality is, if the Exalted player is well equipped, has basic knowledge of what he/she is doing, the level 80 will stand no chance.
"Fire vs storm is a fair match up if you ask me."
I already explained why that is not the case in a previous post.
"Fire can kill storm faster, but storm can kill fire better."
No, not really, Fire kills Storm faster and better either way.
"A storm DoT would help storms by a lot, but it would be a nightmare for other schools."
Fire is already everybody's nightmare. You can see more people increasing their Fire resist with pets/rings than you can see with raised Storm resist. Fire stole the ooh's and ahh's of Storm's power, and has a better everything in general. Storm having a DoT would simply put Storm on a more even set playing field.
I am a PvP private thank you very much; at least on my main char. And who cares what level you are; you can still beat a level 100! These are two ways that I've done and they work very well: drive them insane by continuously shielding and have as much resist to their element as possible. They'll eventually flee if they're coward and yay you won. If they don't flee; you can kill them easier than they can kill you. Secondly; Just fight them as you would anyone else. The more knowledgeable player will win; despite their stats. I'm not saying that stats don't count in this matter, but I am saying that knowledge is better than power. Look at your enemy's pips and; especially if they're storm or fire; you can easily guess what spell they're going to cast and react accordingly.

Not true there. Lol. 2000 per hit by balance? I have over four thousand health so I think I could survive that. Others have enough health and resist to overcome that as well. That would be a sort of sad hit anyway. In my opinion, that'd be a weak hit and I could expect a weaker opponent. There are plenty of folks who think the same way as I on this matter. 6000 damage? If that was under a critical; I bet the average level 80 would have blocked it because I'm not level 80 and I still block level 100s. Then we have to count in resistance; oh and shields. (I fear you forgot those again.) Fighting a level 100 life is the easiest match for a Necromancer and anyone should know that. We swap; hullo? 800 absorb would be useless. And the damage; that isn't as high as I would expect from a max life. The level 80 will have a chance. They could just throw on an annoying resist outfit and bore their opponent until the max level gave up or they could completely take down the max level under their own skill.

Hmm. I know that there are a lot of folks playing the game, but from who I see; everyone had more storm resist. Like 25% of my friends list has storm immunity. Storm should not have a DoT. Chaos . . .

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
58
You could use the normal fire elf TC, this way i wouldn't use up your current blades either

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Darkflower789 on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
"Yeah, we know storm can do that easily, but what about ice and myth? Give me the gear, dude!"

I figure I'll reply since you're eager for an answer. I'll only list key stats of Damage, Resist, and Block (this is mostly standard Darkmoor gear):

Myth

Kan Davasi Victor's Hood
+14% damage
+11% resist

Kan Davasi Victor's Gear
+21% damage
+14% resist

Kan Davasi Victor's Greaves
+21% damage
+7% resist
+105 block

Pet
+21% damage
+15% resist

(wand)

Dirk of Dimwood Vale
+16% damage
+18 block

Duelist's Daredevil Ring
+10% damage
+25 block

Relic of the Shadow Palace
+3% resist
+40 block

Total: 103% damage, 50% resist, 55ish%+ block

Ice is somewhat different in that it cannot easily obtain 100% damage and 50% resist, but it can obtain 90%+ damage and 60% resist (which is suitable given the nature of the Ice school)

Ice

Hood of the Cold Hearted
+10% damage
+14% resist

Armor of the Cold Hearted
+13% damage
+16% resist

Shoes of the Cold Hearted
+13% damage
+12% resist
+105 block

Pet
+21% damage
+15% resist

Beacon of the Arund Vale
+8% damage
+115 block

Wolf's Lancet of Shivers
+16% damage
+18 block

Duelist's Daredevil Ring
+10% damage
+25 block

Gem of Grand Prophecy
+3% resist
+40 block

Total: 91% damage, 60% resist, 55%ish block

Why does this all matter? It clearly shows that Storm isn't at as much of a gear advantage as you seem to imply.
Boom! This is my point! This is horrible stats! 55%+ block? Ice is the defense school and they don't even have 100% block average? They don't even have 100% damage either! And what about their other stats? Critical? What is that, zero? How about incoming and outgoing heal? Or accuracy? Give me this stuff.

And your example actually shows my point quite well. Myth and ice's block is horrible with this stuff. And Ice can't even reach 100% damage like everyone else. And wow; you added a pet. Sorry, but pets don't give that averagely. Now imagine an ice in this horrid gear fighting a storm.
  • They wouldn't block a thing.
  • They couldn't have the advantage in resist.
  • they most likely couldn't critical
  • their power chance might be bad. (That part I don't know.)
  • And they have a much more chance of fizzling despite the fact that storm is supposed to have the lowest accuracy.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
"Shadow 343: "Also, could you please give us some numbers to prove your point?...In those two minutes I'll ask you this: but what about ice and myth? Give me the gear...let us know where you get the numbers."

Death
Death Lord's Veil of Woe: 16% damage 11% resist
Death Lords Cloak of Woe: 18% damage 14% resist
Death Lord's Greaves of Woe: 23% damage 7% resist
Lord of Death's Razor 16% damage
Shadow Queen's Grace:3% resist
Alpha and Omega Ring: 10% damage
Pet: (Proof/Defy/Giver/Dealer/School Giver): 21% damage 15% resist

Total Damage: 104%
Total Resist: 50%

Life
Cowl of Undying Malistaire: 16% damage 11% resist
Undying Malistaire's Tunic: 19% damage 14% resist
Undying Malistaire's Boots: 23% damage 7% resist
Spirit of Darkmoor's thorn:16% damage
Jewel of the Shadow Web: 3% resist
Alpha and Omega Ring: 10% damage

Pet: (Proof/Defy/Giver/Dealer/School Giver): 21% damage 15% resist


Total Damage: 105%




Total Resist: 50%



Myth

Kan Davasi Victor's Hood: 14% damage 11% resist
Kan Davasi Victor's Gear: 21% damage 14% resist
Kan Davasi Victor's Greaves: 21% damage 7% resist
Dirk of Dimwood Vale: 16% damage
Relic of the Shadow Palace: 3% resist
Alpha and Omega Ring: 10% damage
Pet: (Proof/Defy/Giver/Dealer/School Giver): 21% damage 15% resist
Total Damage:103%
Total Resist: 50%

Ice
Hood of the Cold Hearted: 10% damage 14% resist
Armor of the Cold Hearted: 13% damage 16% resist
Shoes of the Cold Hearted: 13% damage 12% resist
Wolf's Lancet of Shivers: 16% damage
Amulet: Gem of the Grand Prophecy: 3% resist
Alpha and Omega: 10% damage
Beacon of Arund Vale: 8% damage
Pet: (Proof/Defy/Giver/Dealer/School Giver)21% damage 15% resist
Total Damage: 91%
Total Resist: 60%

As we can see the other schools gain 100% damage and 50%+ resist. Ice gives up 9% from the damage standard (91% instead of 100% damage) to gain 10% in the resist standard (60% resist instead of 50% resist). Care to deny these numbers?
This I believe is the world record for this stuff. It happens, but rarely. Another matter: ice.

The ice school is supposed to be the resist school. As said earlier, the block for ice here is terrible. critical hardly exists and accuracy probably isn't that great either. 10% resist for 9% damage? that seems fair when you look at it at first, but if you think about it; it's not. Ice is about defense and thus they should have more resist with the same damage. Storm had more damage with about two less resist than ice. By listing this gear, you've basically proven my point. Ice is dying and boosting storm is helping in no way.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
170
hello guys

this is part of my point as you can see ice can have that damage and resist like storm can but storm does not have to lower there critical like ice does when ice wants to have those stats. this is the reason i believe that storm is a very powerful school and does not have to give up there offenceinve stats to have deafence. i think what would balance things out is have the schools have diffrent block ratings like the waterworks gear the reason i say this is ice has lost allot of advantages with all schools having the same block ice is about defance resist and block but all schools have the same block as ice with them keeping there damage and critical. the darkmoor gear has made it so all the schools can get lots of resist ice only has about 10 more then the other schools and then that is cut off with all the aromor pierce the others schools get. i think that the schools should not have the same critical block because this has made storm into a really powerful school and made ice lose some of there unique school advantages. thanks for your time see ya in the spiral

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
Um no-storm already had high damage-/low pips. They simply gained another "battle axe" with their shadow enhanced spell whereas the other schools that did not have storm's "battle axe" gained one. Storm on the other hand still has no DoT(chain). Also no word from you on the leaderboard data that in your words: "Shadow 343-With this leaderboard thing, that would be valid proof, but here storm is not at the bottom." Since the leaderboard data CLEARLY illustrates my point and you yourself said that would be valid proof...where is your response?
My response is right here. I admit, this topic about the leaderboards is confusing me. I do not understand how we are both speaking truth in saying our views when there is only one leaderboard. But I've checked the boards numerous times lately and storm is not at the bottom. I really do not understand this because I believe you aren't just making this stuff up; but neither am I. Every time I look, the boards say storm is not at the bottom but near the top. I really have no idea what is going on but I am being completely honest in this matter: the leaderboards that I've checked say storm is in the top four schools of PvP.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1023
Adriaan2000 on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
You could use the normal fire elf TC, this way i wouldn't use up your current blades either
Fire elf is great for tower shields but does nothing against storm shields.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1023
Shadow 343 on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
Boom! This is my point! This is horrible stats! 55%+ block? Ice is the defense school and they don't even have 100% block average? They don't even have 100% damage either! And what about their other stats? Critical? What is that, zero? How about incoming and outgoing heal? Or accuracy? Give me this stuff.

And your example actually shows my point quite well. Myth and ice's block is horrible with this stuff. And Ice can't even reach 100% damage like everyone else. And wow; you added a pet. Sorry, but pets don't give that averagely. Now imagine an ice in this horrid gear fighting a storm.
  • They wouldn't block a thing.
  • They couldn't have the advantage in resist.
  • they most likely couldn't critical
  • their power chance might be bad. (That part I don't know.)
  • And they have a much more chance of fizzling despite the fact that storm is supposed to have the lowest accuracy.
Er...what? Once again your inexperience is showing here. Horrible stats? Since when did 90%= damage and 60% resist become horrible stats? As to your other stats

-Critical: Correct Ice has a negligible critical
-Incoming/Outgoing Heal: 32% with this set(incoming)-storm with it's parallel set has the same amount
-Accuracy is 99% with this set

Their block is great with this set! 55%+ block will block the vast majority of criticals. Of course a pet is added we are speaking of the gear that is seen in w101 ranked PvP the most competitive environment of PvP available outside of Central. Lets indeed imagine ice fighting a storm:

-They would block 80-100% of criticals
-They have an 11% advantage in resist
-The cannot critical(correct)
-Their powerpip chance with this set is 100% lol
-They have a 1% chance of fizzling. Storm is the school with the lowest base accuracy
-They have a 50%-60% health advantage.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1023
Shadow 343 on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
This I believe is the world record for this stuff. It happens, but rarely. Another matter: ice.

The ice school is supposed to be the resist school. As said earlier, the block for ice here is terrible. critical hardly exists and accuracy probably isn't that great either. 10% resist for 9% damage? that seems fair when you look at it at first, but if you think about it; it's not. Ice is about defense and thus they should have more resist with the same damage. Storm had more damage with about two less resist than ice. By listing this gear, you've basically proven my point. Ice is dying and boosting storm is helping in no way.
World Record Stuff? This is the standard required to compete at the high levels. This is common stuff for any serious PvPer.

-The block is great: More than any other school with the wand cited.
-Accuracy is 99%
-It seems fair because it is fair lol- Storm has more damage with 11% less resist not 2%.

This gear proves exactly opposite of your point. It shows exactly what you asked for...so now that you can't deny it you try to convince us this is horrible...lol.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1023
Fred Frost on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
hello guys

this is part of my point as you can see ice can have that damage and resist like storm can but storm does not have to lower there critical like ice does when ice wants to have those stats. this is the reason i believe that storm is a very powerful school and does not have to give up there offenceinve stats to have deafence. i think what would balance things out is have the schools have diffrent block ratings like the waterworks gear the reason i say this is ice has lost allot of advantages with all schools having the same block ice is about defance resist and block but all schools have the same block as ice with them keeping there damage and critical. the darkmoor gear has made it so all the schools can get lots of resist ice only has about 10 more then the other schools and then that is cut off with all the aromor pierce the others schools get. i think that the schools should not have the same critical block because this has made storm into a really powerful school and made ice lose some of there unique school advantages. thanks for your time see ya in the spiral
Ice still has a huge defensive advantage. With this set it has:
-More block(about 10-15% more than other schools)
-More resist(about 10% more)
-More health(about 20-60% more)

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1023
Shadow 343 on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
My response is right here. I admit, this topic about the leaderboards is confusing me. I do not understand how we are both speaking truth in saying our views when there is only one leaderboard. But I've checked the boards numerous times lately and storm is not at the bottom. I really do not understand this because I believe you aren't just making this stuff up; but neither am I. Every time I look, the boards say storm is not at the bottom but near the top. I really have no idea what is going on but I am being completely honest in this matter: the leaderboards that I've checked say storm is in the top four schools of PvP.
That is because you are not examining the leaderboard as a whole. Simply organize the leaderboard by school and count the number of wizards...my point is clearly made.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1023
To summarize this thread so far:

Proponents of Storm DoT
-Point out that storm has the lowest number of wizards on the leaderboard(fact)
-Point out that storm is low tier in 1v1 PvP
-Point out that every school has access to high resist high damage and massive damage spikes in the form of shadow enhanced spells(fact)
-Referred to the real statistics given by gear in the relevant metas
-Referenced the opinions of players with thousands of matches in competitive ranked PvP and years of gameplay

Opponents of Storm DoT
-Point out that its hard to combat storm when you are lower lvl or in team play
-Used gear that is glitched/does not exist
-Claim that storm is high tier(demonstrably false)
-Axes and chains and shields...oh my!
-Referenced the opinions of players who have little to no experience in competitive ranked PvP.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Shadow 343 on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
I am a PvP private thank you very much; at least on my main char. And who cares what level you are; you can still beat a level 100! These are two ways that I've done and they work very well: drive them insane by continuously shielding and have as much resist to their element as possible. They'll eventually flee if they're coward and yay you won. If they don't flee; you can kill them easier than they can kill you. Secondly; Just fight them as you would anyone else. The more knowledgeable player will win; despite their stats. I'm not saying that stats don't count in this matter, but I am saying that knowledge is better than power. Look at your enemy's pips and; especially if they're storm or fire; you can easily guess what spell they're going to cast and react accordingly.

Not true there. Lol. 2000 per hit by balance? I have over four thousand health so I think I could survive that. Others have enough health and resist to overcome that as well. That would be a sort of sad hit anyway. In my opinion, that'd be a weak hit and I could expect a weaker opponent. There are plenty of folks who think the same way as I on this matter. 6000 damage? If that was under a critical; I bet the average level 80 would have blocked it because I'm not level 80 and I still block level 100s. Then we have to count in resistance; oh and shields. (I fear you forgot those again.) Fighting a level 100 life is the easiest match for a Necromancer and anyone should know that. We swap; hullo? 800 absorb would be useless. And the damage; that isn't as high as I would expect from a max life. The level 80 will have a chance. They could just throw on an annoying resist outfit and bore their opponent until the max level gave up or they could completely take down the max level under their own skill.

Hmm. I know that there are a lot of folks playing the game, but from who I see; everyone had more storm resist. Like 25% of my friends list has storm immunity. Storm should not have a DoT. Chaos . . .
"...you can still beat a level 100!.. drive them insane by shielding and have as much resist to their element as possible."
Like I said before, this is 2015 we're talking about. Shields and resist? Exalted Overlord players are begging for more resist, heal boost and block rating and you're telling me a level 80 can tank a level 100?
"If they don't flee; you can kill them easier than they kill you."
Average Exalted stats: 51% resist, 104% damage, 26% armor pierce, 70% critical, 55% block.
Average Archmage stats: 42% resist, 80% damage, 0% armor pierce, 50% critical, 45% block.
Average Exalted's health: 5000+
Average Archmage health: 3000-4000.
Average Exalted's most powerful spells: 1013-1575 damage for 5 pips.
Average Archmage's most powerful spells: 1000-1300 damage for 10 pips.
If that doesn't say enough, then I don't know what other proof you want.
"Not true there. Lol. 2000 per hit by balance?"
688*2 (critical) + 105% (damage) - 19% (resist) = 2284 per eye of Gaze of Fate (first turn cast). Totals up to 4568 health, adds 25% bubble for a 1970 damage Judgement the next turn. Takes 2 turns to kill an Archmage.
"I bet the average level 80 would block critical."
72% critial vs 45% block = 62% chance to block, in other words, not likely at all.
"We swap; hullo? 800 absorb would be useless."
Cool, I guess you really like hitting your Vampires and Wraiths into 70% shields, good plan. That's if you even manage to survive Caterpillar in the first place, however.
"The level 80 will have a chance. they could just throw on an annoying resist outfit and bore their opponent..."
If Juju Jades don't survive at Exalted, I highly doubt any Archmage would.
"Like 25% of my friends list has storm immunity."
I don't take exaggeration as a good argument, but if your friends think Storm immunity is going to get them far, I doubt they could even reach Sergeant.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
Er...what? Once again your inexperience is showing here. Horrible stats? Since when did 90%= damage and 60% resist become horrible stats? As to your other stats

-Critical: Correct Ice has a negligible critical
-Incoming/Outgoing Heal: 32% with this set(incoming)-storm with it's parallel set has the same amount
-Accuracy is 99% with this set

Their block is great with this set! 55%+ block will block the vast majority of criticals. Of course a pet is added we are speaking of the gear that is seen in w101 ranked PvP the most competitive environment of PvP available outside of Central. Lets indeed imagine ice fighting a storm:

-They would block 80-100% of criticals
-They have an 11% advantage in resist
-The cannot critical(correct)
-Their powerpip chance with this set is 100% lol
-They have a 1% chance of fizzling. Storm is the school with the lowest base accuracy
-They have a 50%-60% health advantage.
Yeah horrible stats. That is pathetic block if I do say so myself. And why can't ice critical while keeping their block like storm can block while keeping their crit?

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
World Record Stuff? This is the standard required to compete at the high levels. This is common stuff for any serious PvPer.

-The block is great: More than any other school with the wand cited.
-Accuracy is 99%
-It seems fair because it is fair lol- Storm has more damage with 11% less resist not 2%.

This gear proves exactly opposite of your point. It shows exactly what you asked for...so now that you can't deny it you try to convince us this is horrible...lol.
It is horrible! The block is like 55%! Ice is dropping a lot of good stats for their damge here that doesn't even reach 100.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
That is because you are not examining the leaderboard as a whole. Simply organize the leaderboard by school and count the number of wizards...my point is clearly made.
I am doing that and I've done it tons of times. It doesn't say that storm is at the bottom.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
PvP King on Apr 9, 2015 wrote:
"...you can still beat a level 100!.. drive them insane by shielding and have as much resist to their element as possible."
Like I said before, this is 2015 we're talking about. Shields and resist? Exalted Overlord players are begging for more resist, heal boost and block rating and you're telling me a level 80 can tank a level 100?
"If they don't flee; you can kill them easier than they kill you."
Average Exalted stats: 51% resist, 104% damage, 26% armor pierce, 70% critical, 55% block.
Average Archmage stats: 42% resist, 80% damage, 0% armor pierce, 50% critical, 45% block.
Average Exalted's health: 5000+
Average Archmage health: 3000-4000.
Average Exalted's most powerful spells: 1013-1575 damage for 5 pips.
Average Archmage's most powerful spells: 1000-1300 damage for 10 pips.
If that doesn't say enough, then I don't know what other proof you want.
"Not true there. Lol. 2000 per hit by balance?"
688*2 (critical) + 105% (damage) - 19% (resist) = 2284 per eye of Gaze of Fate (first turn cast). Totals up to 4568 health, adds 25% bubble for a 1970 damage Judgement the next turn. Takes 2 turns to kill an Archmage.
"I bet the average level 80 would block critical."
72% critial vs 45% block = 62% chance to block, in other words, not likely at all.
"We swap; hullo? 800 absorb would be useless."
Cool, I guess you really like hitting your Vampires and Wraiths into 70% shields, good plan. That's if you even manage to survive Caterpillar in the first place, however.
"The level 80 will have a chance. they could just throw on an annoying resist outfit and bore their opponent..."
If Juju Jades don't survive at Exalted, I highly doubt any Archmage would.
"Like 25% of my friends list has storm immunity."
I don't take exaggeration as a good argument, but if your friends think Storm immunity is going to get them far, I doubt they could even reach Sergeant.
Lol wrong. 0 pierce? 45 block? 50 critical? 80 damage? 42 resist? I find it a little hard to believe you've ever been level 80! I'm not even lvl 80 and my stats aren't like that at all. I'll give you my stats averaged with others my level. And my lvl here here is in the 70s. And this is a death's stats; not storm.

Damage: 55 to death and 36 to everything else.
Resist: 39 universal with extra to life and myth; about 45
Block: 175 universal.
Crit: 126 to death and 100 to everything else.
Pierce: 9
Health: 4208
Power pips: 98
You see? Your given stats for our lvl is poorly found.

Kill in two rounds? Lol only f the lvl 80 doesn't have a tactic. The second hit of Gaze of Rate will most likely be countered with a shield if yer fighting someone like me and we would most certainly block you due to the messed up system of critical.

Hehe; have you ever fought a death and used shields? We break them with ghouls!

Not exagerating here. I am serious, about that much have it. Now, I didn't actually count off every friend but that is a ruff estimant.

Juju jades; I do not support. Lvl 80s can defeat exalteds, they just need knowledge. Also it helps if the exalted has a bad deck or something. It is possible, it happens often. 100s die fighting 80s all the time. It is hard to believe but if you were a PvPer at my level, you'd know what I'm talking about.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1023
Shadow 343 on Apr 9, 2015 wrote:
Yeah horrible stats. That is pathetic block if I do say so myself. And why can't ice critical while keeping their block like storm can block while keeping their crit?
Alright-What are your stats? Obviously they must be greatly better if ice's stats are somehow "horrible". Pathetic block? What is a good amount of block for you and how do you acquire said block? The reason ice can't critical on storm is because Ice can survive a critical hit from most relevant spells-storm cannot.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1023
Shadow 343 on Apr 9, 2015 wrote:
It is horrible! The block is like 55%! Ice is dropping a lot of good stats for their damge here that doesn't even reach 100.
91% damage is now horrible for the ice school? The least offensive school? What should their damage be then? The block with that wand is closer to 60-65% but even 55% block is a great amount of block. Once again I find myself questioning your knowledge.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Shadow 343 on Apr 9, 2015 wrote:
Lol wrong. 0 pierce? 45 block? 50 critical? 80 damage? 42 resist? I find it a little hard to believe you've ever been level 80! I'm not even lvl 80 and my stats aren't like that at all. I'll give you my stats averaged with others my level. And my lvl here here is in the 70s. And this is a death's stats; not storm.

Damage: 55 to death and 36 to everything else.
Resist: 39 universal with extra to life and myth; about 45
Block: 175 universal.
Crit: 126 to death and 100 to everything else.
Pierce: 9
Health: 4208
Power pips: 98
You see? Your given stats for our lvl is poorly found.

Kill in two rounds? Lol only f the lvl 80 doesn't have a tactic. The second hit of Gaze of Rate will most likely be countered with a shield if yer fighting someone like me and we would most certainly block you due to the messed up system of critical.

Hehe; have you ever fought a death and used shields? We break them with ghouls!

Not exagerating here. I am serious, about that much have it. Now, I didn't actually count off every friend but that is a ruff estimant.

Juju jades; I do not support. Lvl 80s can defeat exalteds, they just need knowledge. Also it helps if the exalted has a bad deck or something. It is possible, it happens often. 100s die fighting 80s all the time. It is hard to believe but if you were a PvPer at my level, you'd know what I'm talking about.
So, apparently your stats are a lot worse than the ones I stated above and you're trying to prove a point? That's good to know, because your block percentage is probably hovering in the 30's, so I have a 60% chance to bypass your critical block. If you don't know how critical and block percentages work, then you obviously don't have the knowledge or experience to refute mine or Eric's arguments.

"Kill in to rounds? Lol only f the lvl 80 doesn't have a tactic."
In the first turn, you won't have the time to shield a Gaze of Fate. Since your resist is even less than what I've taken you for and your block percentage certainly is too, it's even more possible for me to end the match in the first turn. And no, I highly doubt that 30-40% chance of blocking my critical will save you.
"...have you ever fought a death and used shields? We break them with ghouls!"
And while you're focusing on getting a good hit on the Life wizard, you're already dead by the 2nd Caterpillar.
"Lvl 80's can defeat exalteds, they just need knowledge. Also it helps if the exalted has a bad deck or something. It is possible, it happens often. 100s die fighting 80s all the time. It is hard to believe but if you were a PvPer at my level, you'd know what I'm talking about. "
So, your expectations of beating an Exalted is by them having:
a) The worst gear possible
b) Minimal knowledge of PvP
c) A deck not even prepared for PvP
That's nice and all, but what does that have to do with anything about Storm being too good for a DoT? Just because you fight an Exalted with Bazaar gear and fight an Exalted Storm wizard with good gear, Storm is overpowered? Also, you claim that Archmages beat Exalted all the time. If that were true, you would actually see an Archmage on the Leaderboard, but currently there is none. Why? Because they fight Exalted. And if you were wondering about me doing PvP at Archmage, I did, I've struck 1992 rank in 1st age as an Archmage, so I do know the difficulty level.