Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Elf

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2013
105
This card is a Storm version of Fire Elf.
The only way you can get this card is by the pet Storm Elf or by Mutate Storm Elf TC

However, Mutate Storm Elf TC are so insanely rare, that it's not even worth it to train Elf anymore. Across all my wizards, I have about 15. It took me about 2 months to gather them all, and I'm scared of using them because it'll take forever to replenish them

99.99% of PvPers trains up to Tower Shield, and 100% of the players that do also have shields against Storm
Ice gets tons of Mutate Ice Elf TC, and they have Frostbite, Snow Angel, AND Polar Swarm. They don't even need it

This is a problem. Since Storm already lacks DoT, why would KI turn around and basically disable the literal ONLY DoT Storm has. I mean there's Storm Hound, but that uses all pips, and Storm doesn't need Heckhound if they have Triton

KI should bring Mutate Storm Elf TC back. In fact, make it so the Archivist sells them. If you need an excuse, make Mutate Storm Elf trainable. This spell would really change the Storm PvP game for the better on ALL levels. Storm players could finally have a reliable DoT in their arsenal, and not for killing. Just for breaking shields and minion killing. There really is no drawback to this.

It doesn't change Storm's low life and accuracy. The spell isn't OP in the least so players can't complain. Since it's a mutate, you can't make it more powerful. This isn't some personal complaint. EVERY storm player would want this

Come on KI. Storm already has millions of shields to deal with. Can you make it at least slightly more bearable? At the very least, could you make it a more common drop?

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
you can also get gear that gives you the storm elf card. i won a storm elf hat from haunted cave.

K.B.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
950
Shadow 343 on Jan 4, 2015 wrote:
you can also get gear that gives you the storm elf card. i won a storm elf hat from haunted cave.

K.B.
But then you'll be sacrificing quite a lot of stats for just one Storm Elf card. It's really not worth it at any level that's not considered low.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
lewski on Jan 5, 2015 wrote:
But then you'll be sacrificing quite a lot of stats for just one Storm Elf card. It's really not worth it at any level that's not considered low.
True. Horner there are also mutation cards for higher lvls. Also storms have so much damage and spells that don't fit their school, I think if they had something like fire elf it would be unfair. Storm is about killing in one blow. Just my opinion. And I am not storm so this could be wrong

Defender
May 29, 2013
105
Shadow 343 on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
True. Horner there are also mutation cards for higher lvls. Also storms have so much damage and spells that don't fit their school, I think if they had something like fire elf it would be unfair. Storm is about killing in one blow. Just my opinion. And I am not storm so this could be wrong
Unfair? Are you kidding me?

Storm would have literally 1 DoT in its ENTIRE ARSENAL, and it's not like it would even be strong. I could see it being unfair if it were like Frostbite, but it's a Fire Elf. That will never be a main attack. Literally every other school has a bit-time DoT, and yet it's cool, but Storm for.............reasons can't even have a small one?

With the massive amount of Storm shields in the arena, running blades is near useless. With the near immunity schools can have to storm, killing in 1 blow is impossible without Shrike and a crit. Storm is a near dead school at the Magus-Legendary level due to lack of reliable shield destroyers among other things.

Spells that don't fit their school? Like what? All Storm has are single-hit spells with huge damage and some with blade-breaking effects, which is what Storm does anyway. Fire has Fire Kraken, Fire Shark, and Firezilla.
Ice has Icezilla, extremely common Ice Elf Mutates, Ice Kraken, and Ice Shark, as well as Icebird which is one of the best TC period
I hear no complaints of unfairness there. They get Storm variations, yet storm can't get their own Elf variation. Ice even gets Fire variations. In terms of TC, Ice gets the insanely high end of favoritism

Mutation cards? Not worth training. Why would I train the mutate if the Archivist sells TC versions of it? Unless I'm running mastery and off-school attacks, that's unnecessary

I'm not asking for much here. Storm itself isn't asking for much here

Give me 1 legit drawback if you're calling it "unfair," because I must be overlooking an important fact if it's broken. It's literally a spell for breaking shields and dropping weaknesses. It doesn't have enough power to serve any other purpose

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
143
kylesar1 on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
Unfair? Are you kidding me?

Storm would have literally 1 DoT in its ENTIRE ARSENAL, and it's not like it would even be strong. I could see it being unfair if it were like Frostbite, but it's a Fire Elf. That will never be a main attack. Literally every other school has a bit-time DoT, and yet it's cool, but Storm for.............reasons can't even have a small one?

With the massive amount of Storm shields in the arena, running blades is near useless. With the near immunity schools can have to storm, killing in 1 blow is impossible without Shrike and a crit. Storm is a near dead school at the Magus-Legendary level due to lack of reliable shield destroyers among other things.

Spells that don't fit their school? Like what? All Storm has are single-hit spells with huge damage and some with blade-breaking effects, which is what Storm does anyway. Fire has Fire Kraken, Fire Shark, and Firezilla.
Ice has Icezilla, extremely common Ice Elf Mutates, Ice Kraken, and Ice Shark, as well as Icebird which is one of the best TC period
I hear no complaints of unfairness there. They get Storm variations, yet storm can't get their own Elf variation. Ice even gets Fire variations. In terms of TC, Ice gets the insanely high end of favoritism

Mutation cards? Not worth training. Why would I train the mutate if the Archivist sells TC versions of it? Unless I'm running mastery and off-school attacks, that's unnecessary

I'm not asking for much here. Storm itself isn't asking for much here

Give me 1 legit drawback if you're calling it "unfair," because I must be overlooking an important fact if it's broken. It's literally a spell for breaking shields and dropping weaknesses. It doesn't have enough power to serve any other purpose
Storm Elf. Well Storm Elf and any Elf spells are op.
Yes, they do low damage. But they are key to victory.
Now days playing storm isn't a problem without Storm Elf and it never were a problem.
Storm has other useful spells that cover that elf disadvantage. Now Why he said unfair? I will tell you.
Because it's not the damage card that is unfair. It's what it does. (Not taking sides but I did explained it to you)
Now then. A legit and skilled storm player has no problem winning without storm elf. If you not skilled? Well all I can say is learn, and become skilled :)
Nicholas Star

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
kylesar1 on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
Unfair? Are you kidding me?

Storm would have literally 1 DoT in its ENTIRE ARSENAL, and it's not like it would even be strong. I could see it being unfair if it were like Frostbite, but it's a Fire Elf. That will never be a main attack. Literally every other school has a bit-time DoT, and yet it's cool, but Storm for.............reasons can't even have a small one?

With the massive amount of Storm shields in the arena, running blades is near useless. With the near immunity schools can have to storm, killing in 1 blow is impossible without Shrike and a crit. Storm is a near dead school at the Magus-Legendary level due to lack of reliable shield destroyers among other things.

Spells that don't fit their school? Like what? All Storm has are single-hit spells with huge damage and some with blade-breaking effects, which is what Storm does anyway. Fire has Fire Kraken, Fire Shark, and Firezilla.
Ice has Icezilla, extremely common Ice Elf Mutates, Ice Kraken, and Ice Shark, as well as Icebird which is one of the best TC period
I hear no complaints of unfairness there. They get Storm variations, yet storm can't get their own Elf variation. Ice even gets Fire variations. In terms of TC, Ice gets the insanely high end of favoritism

Mutation cards? Not worth training. Why would I train the mutate if the Archivist sells TC versions of it? Unless I'm running mastery and off-school attacks, that's unnecessary

I'm not asking for much here. Storm itself isn't asking for much here

Give me 1 legit drawback if you're calling it "unfair," because I must be overlooking an important fact if it's broken. It's literally a spell for breaking shields and dropping weaknesses. It doesn't have enough power to serve any other purpose
Yes, storm elf would be unfair. And it would serve another purpose save breaking shields. Even the littlest of damage is still damage. Storm is not a DoT school. They make thunder snakes alone go up to two thousand damage! If storm had a DoT like storm elf, it would not be fair. As i said, I am not storm so I do not know first hand how you are feeling. But when i put myself in your shoes, i get a good idea.

In my opinion, and that of others, storm has already passed its limits. It has remove a charm spell. (that is not storm. it is myth.) It has healing current. (That is life.) What other schools save death(Who are about swaps and sacrifices to heal) have healing spells that are for their own school? Also, storm wizards' accuracy is not that bad. their gear gives them a lot of stuff.

And all spells have power. Storm can also break shields easily if they are in the higher levels. I have a friend with 108 armor piercing and he hasn't dropped anything else. he is storm as well. his health is actually better than most storm's, and he isn't even at level eighty yet.

storm already has a lot of advantages and with a DoT, fighting a storm would be totally unfair. Try to understand my view here please.

Katharine B. PS: i a a girl thank you XD

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1013
Shadow 343 on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
Yes, storm elf would be unfair. And it would serve another purpose save breaking shields. Even the littlest of damage is still damage. Storm is not a DoT school. They make thunder snakes alone go up to two thousand damage! If storm had a DoT like storm elf, it would not be fair. As i said, I am not storm so I do not know first hand how you are feeling. But when i put myself in your shoes, i get a good idea.

In my opinion, and that of others, storm has already passed its limits. It has remove a charm spell. (that is not storm. it is myth.) It has healing current. (That is life.) What other schools save death(Who are about swaps and sacrifices to heal) have healing spells that are for their own school? Also, storm wizards' accuracy is not that bad. their gear gives them a lot of stuff.

And all spells have power. Storm can also break shields easily if they are in the higher levels. I have a friend with 108 armor piercing and he hasn't dropped anything else. he is storm as well. his health is actually better than most storm's, and he isn't even at level eighty yet.

storm already has a lot of advantages and with a DoT, fighting a storm would be totally unfair. Try to understand my view here please.

Katharine B. PS: i a a girl thank you XD
Storm has passed it's limits? Lets examine your argument.

Charm removal- this is an attribute of the storm school not the myth school. Myth focuses on ward removal.

Accuracy- Every school can now obtain accuracy far beyond their base stats.

Healing-3 schools besides life and storm have healing: Death-sacrifice, Balance-helping/availing hands.

Armor pierce-108 armor pierce from gear alone is impossible.

I agree that giving storm a low pip dot such as elf would be overwhelming but a mid pip dot(5-7) would be perfect.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
27
They'ed have to nerf your Damage by a ton if you got a Dot. Because suddenly, you'ed be hard to defend against and do tons of damage.

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
77
ok so lets take an example: 35 damage +315 damage over 3 rounds. now given what most storms players have is 100% storm damage and about 30% in accuracy, and 30% pierce natural, and ridiculous criticals. well just alone with the damage boost you just double the damage ( pretty much like a critical ) 70 damage + 630 damage over 3 rounds. then lets go with your critical. 140 damage + 1260 over 3 rounds. that is a lot of damage for 2 pips. not to mention blades or Shrike. Shrike reduces with a storm shields to 0% even with Ice defenses that is a lot of damage. and 80% pierce with that damage going over 3 rounds is ridiculous, especially if you spam it every turn.

Sure you can hit hard and everyone has shields but, your pierce and a shrike takes care of every shield plus some of the players resist, not to mention enemies resist, which are 80% usually. Thunder snake alone with a colossal is 145 + 275 which is a total of about 420 just double it twice. 820, 1640 damage, that is with 1 pip. so I would complain at all. I would be happy that your wizards can take off all the enemies blades, takes away negative blades, and able to heal your selves without the use of a Amulet. Ice can't heal themselves naturally, such. but you are able to.

Usually each of the schools have opposites so their spells are similar. Myth against Storm ( both remove something on players and have really great damage. ) Life and Death ( both are healing based, one is hitting and then getting half damage back into them, while life is pure heal and can heal anyone) Fire and Ice ( One makes a lot of shields, one can take down shields easily) and balance is a cross from all of them Healing, Damage, shield oriented, take away thing, so yeah, every school has their perks, and that is what makes them different.

lvl 100
lvl 50
lvl 70

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
275
kylesar1 on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
Unfair? Are you kidding me?

Storm would have literally 1 DoT in its ENTIRE ARSENAL, and it's not like it would even be strong. I could see it being unfair if it were like Frostbite, but it's a Fire Elf. That will never be a main attack. Literally every other school has a bit-time DoT, and yet it's cool, but Storm for.............reasons can't even have a small one?

With the massive amount of Storm shields in the arena, running blades is near useless. With the near immunity schools can have to storm, killing in 1 blow is impossible without Shrike and a crit. Storm is a near dead school at the Magus-Legendary level due to lack of reliable shield destroyers among other things.

Spells that don't fit their school? Like what? All Storm has are single-hit spells with huge damage and some with blade-breaking effects, which is what Storm does anyway. Fire has Fire Kraken, Fire Shark, and Firezilla.
Ice has Icezilla, extremely common Ice Elf Mutates, Ice Kraken, and Ice Shark, as well as Icebird which is one of the best TC period
I hear no complaints of unfairness there. They get Storm variations, yet storm can't get their own Elf variation. Ice even gets Fire variations. In terms of TC, Ice gets the insanely high end of favoritism

Mutation cards? Not worth training. Why would I train the mutate if the Archivist sells TC versions of it? Unless I'm running mastery and off-school attacks, that's unnecessary

I'm not asking for much here. Storm itself isn't asking for much here

Give me 1 legit drawback if you're calling it "unfair," because I must be overlooking an important fact if it's broken. It's literally a spell for breaking shields and dropping weaknesses. It doesn't have enough power to serve any other purpose
You are the voice of the Diviners.

David Thundermancer 56

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
KI has limited how many DoT spells Storm, Balance, and Life can have. Btw, for the record, Storm has 2, Balance has 1, and Life has 1. Life is the only school with a learnable DoT among these.

This seems intentional, as KI's way of saying players in each school need to find different ways around shields, such as carrying backup hits to remove shields and using Shrike to hit straight through them.

If you have difficulty with your PvP opponents using shields to block your hits, I would suggest using some of the following tactics:

  • do not pack your deck full of hits with high pip costs like Storm Owl, carry smaller hits too
  • use Colossal or Gargantuan treasure cards to create strong hits you can pull from your side deck
  • carry 0-pip Storm Cats (treasure card only), 1-pip Storm Snakes, 2-pip Wild Bolts
  • use Infallible or Shrike to introduce multi-round hit combos, so that all defenses are less effective
  • avoid telegraphing when your "big hit" is coming (ie the first round after a Stormblade, Infallible, or Storm Elf)
  • use Insane Bolt when you have nothing left to lose

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
Storm has passed it's limits? Lets examine your argument.

Charm removal- this is an attribute of the storm school not the myth school. Myth focuses on ward removal.

Accuracy- Every school can now obtain accuracy far beyond their base stats.

Healing-3 schools besides life and storm have healing: Death-sacrifice, Balance-helping/availing hands.

Armor pierce-108 armor pierce from gear alone is impossible.

I agree that giving storm a low pip dot such as elf would be overwhelming but a mid pip dot(5-7) would be perfect.
`tis possible `cause my friend has it. also, balance has healing because it is the balance between all schools. death has a sacrifice because it is about stealing to give.

if myth is about ward removal, why does earthquake take away charms?

accuracy, i understand that. storm wizards need accuracy but they get so much that accuracy is no longer a problem for them.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1013
Shadow 343 on Feb 3, 2015 wrote:
`tis possible `cause my friend has it. also, balance has healing because it is the balance between all schools. death has a sacrifice because it is about stealing to give.

if myth is about ward removal, why does earthquake take away charms?

accuracy, i understand that. storm wizards need accuracy but they get so much that accuracy is no longer a problem for them.
Can you tell me the gear your friend uses to achieve 108 pierce?

The reasons the other schools have heals tell me nothing about why storm having one "surpasses it's limits"

Earthquake having charm removal is an example of myth borrowing from storm's specialty. Note that storm has disarm where myth has pierce, storm has cleanse charm where myth has cleanse ward and storm has enfeeble where myth has shatter. Charm removal is the forte of storm while ward removal is the forte of myth.

Accuracy is no longer a problem for any school not just storm.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Eric Stormbringer on Feb 4, 2015 wrote:
Can you tell me the gear your friend uses to achieve 108 pierce?

The reasons the other schools have heals tell me nothing about why storm having one "surpasses it's limits"

Earthquake having charm removal is an example of myth borrowing from storm's specialty. Note that storm has disarm where myth has pierce, storm has cleanse charm where myth has cleanse ward and storm has enfeeble where myth has shatter. Charm removal is the forte of storm while ward removal is the forte of myth.

Accuracy is no longer a problem for any school not just storm.
I will see if I can get his gear, but idk if i can. I'll try. Sorry if my next post might take some time. I'll post his gear.

Katharine B.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Okay. I don't have the exact names an I am sorry for that, but here is the overall gear he has. Most of it is level one hundred bundle gear, but some is from Darkmoor. Sorry that I do not have the exact names. This probably doesn't help much, but I hope it does a little.

- Oracle

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
Shadow 343 on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
Okay. I don't have the exact names an I am sorry for that, but here is the overall gear he has. Most of it is level one hundred bundle gear, but some is from Darkmoor. Sorry that I do not have the exact names. This probably doesn't help much, but I hope it does a little.

- Oracle
Looking at the wiki, comparing all the different bundle sets and Malistaire gear combinations that I can... I still can't break 60% pierce. Are you sure about that 108% pierce number, or is it possible you mistook that for a different stat, like damage boost?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
Shadow 343 on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
Okay. I don't have the exact names an I am sorry for that, but here is the overall gear he has. Most of it is level one hundred bundle gear, but some is from Darkmoor. Sorry that I do not have the exact names. This probably doesn't help much, but I hope it does a little.

- Oracle
Here's what I've got: a total of 49% pierce. Maybe there are pieces that add more pierce than this, but I can't see any gear anywhere that would add 59% more.

Hat: Stinger Helmet (8%) or Arcane Smith Cap (8%) or Arcane Angler’s Souwester (8%)
Robe: Arcane Angler’s Slicker (8%)
Boots: Zeus’ Cloud Stalkers (10%)
Wand: Eye of the Storm Pair (10%)
Athame: Mandibles of Maelstroms (4%)
Ring: Amulet of Divine Influence (3%)
Pet: two pierce talents (5-6%)

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
Lucas Rain on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
Looking at the wiki, comparing all the different bundle sets and Malistaire gear combinations that I can... I still can't break 60% pierce. Are you sure about that 108% pierce number, or is it possible you mistook that for a different stat, like damage boost?
I am pretty sure, but there's always a possibility. I am pretty sure though that he had 108% pierce.

-Oracle

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
Shadow 343 on Jan 8, 2015 wrote:
True. Horner there are also mutation cards for higher lvls. Also storms have so much damage and spells that don't fit their school, I think if they had something like fire elf it would be unfair. Storm is about killing in one blow. Just my opinion. And I am not storm so this could be wrong
I agree and ice more luck weaker school that tank school do so, better defense! did made ice offense still be a same defense school and ice only school don't complain about there spell because don't boast how powerful there spell only really count how best is effect is and beside "not all spell meant for pvp & pve" even spell are unfair or overpower and others won't give easy both have own advantages & disadvantages and storm not only with overtime damage and balance don't overtime damage only get overtime damage from as useless wand from khrysails give "spell call: Steel Giant which is a "AOE & overtime damage)

show picture link!

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/images/5/57/(Item_Card)_Steel_Giant.png

Defender
May 29, 2013
105
mykola230 on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
Storm Elf. Well Storm Elf and any Elf spells are op.
Yes, they do low damage. But they are key to victory.
Now days playing storm isn't a problem without Storm Elf and it never were a problem.
Storm has other useful spells that cover that elf disadvantage. Now Why he said unfair? I will tell you.
Because it's not the damage card that is unfair. It's what it does. (Not taking sides but I did explained it to you)
Now then. A legit and skilled storm player has no problem winning without storm elf. If you not skilled? Well all I can say is learn, and become skilled :)
Nicholas Star
"Storm Elf and any Elf spells are OP"
Which explains why Fire never uses it at the top level, and why it's always overlooked by Link and Power Link

"Now days, playing Storm isn't a problem without Storm Elf and it never were a problem"
This is based on pure ignorance. Playing Storm period is a problem. Lack of health and low accuracy. When Storm elf stopped appearing, Storms dropped considerably in warlord rate

"Storm has other spells that cover that elf disadvantage"
Give me 1. Please do.

"A legit and skilled storm player has no problem winning without Storm Elf"
Once again, based on pure ignorance. First of all, Storm isn't by choice not using it. They're not using it because it's not there to use.
Secondly, that statement can apply to literally everything, so it's invalid. I have no problems winning without Thunder Snake. What does that say? Absolutely nothing.

Defender
May 29, 2013
105
Diamond Dust on Feb 1, 2015 wrote:
ok so lets take an example: 35 damage +315 damage over 3 rounds. now given what most storms players have is 100% storm damage and about 30% in accuracy, and 30% pierce natural, and ridiculous criticals. well just alone with the damage boost you just double the damage ( pretty much like a critical ) 70 damage + 630 damage over 3 rounds. then lets go with your critical. 140 damage + 1260 over 3 rounds. that is a lot of damage for 2 pips. not to mention blades or Shrike. Shrike reduces with a storm shields to 0% even with Ice defenses that is a lot of damage. and 80% pierce with that damage going over 3 rounds is ridiculous, especially if you spam it every turn.

Sure you can hit hard and everyone has shields but, your pierce and a shrike takes care of every shield plus some of the players resist, not to mention enemies resist, which are 80% usually. Thunder snake alone with a colossal is 145 + 275 which is a total of about 420 just double it twice. 820, 1640 damage, that is with 1 pip. so I would complain at all. I would be happy that your wizards can take off all the enemies blades, takes away negative blades, and able to heal your selves without the use of a Amulet. Ice can't heal themselves naturally, such. but you are able to.

Usually each of the schools have opposites so their spells are similar. Myth against Storm ( both remove something on players and have really great damage. ) Life and Death ( both are healing based, one is hitting and then getting half damage back into them, while life is pure heal and can heal anyone) Fire and Ice ( One makes a lot of shields, one can take down shields easily) and balance is a cross from all of them Healing, Damage, shield oriented, take away thing, so yeah, every school has their perks, and that is what makes them different.

lvl 100
lvl 50
lvl 70
So much wrong and withheld information, plus that scenario is so highly unlikely

Storm elf does the same damage as the old elf, which is 70+210. That pretty much throws off every math calculation you just did. It can't be enchanted either since a mutate is an enchant.

Most schools have very high block to counter the very high rate, so that makes relying on a crit even more unreliable than it already is. Having your argument depend on crit amplifies my point.

That gear and scenario you mentioned only applies to lvl 100, which makes your argument wholly unreliable and weak. There are literally 99 more levels.

Also, you failed to mention the chances of Elf actually doing all that damage, which is slim to none.

.On top of that, there's the healing side of things, where a Fairy can do 1,000+ before a crit, making an assault with a DoT that much more unreliable. Why wait on that damage when you can bats once those shields clear off and deal more than the DoT per turn

The chances of a Storm spamming that spell is highly unlikely, when you have Sharks that'll do more immediately. DoT spells aren't that used in the high levels due to the massive heals

Then there's blades, which Storms don't tend to run since the shields make blades useless. plus the best wands for the school run school wand hits, which means that blades are even more useless

"I would be happy that your wizards can take off all the enemies blades, takes away negative blades, and able to heal your selves without the use of a Amulet. Ice can't heal themselves naturally, such. but you are able to. "

This isn't the questing world. This is the PvP world. 3 pips (2 pip places) for a 1/3 chance of healing no more than a Fairy isn't worth the usage. With the Life amulet, you get a guaranteed 400 base heal, more than doubled with a Satyr. I'm happy for Storm's perks, but if those perks are still swayed by the extreme disadvantages (Low health and accuracy) then what is there to be happy about.

There's a reason that Storm has the lowest amount of warlords across the boards. Is it such a coincidence that removing Storm Elf contributed highly to that stat. Every school has access to 100+ damage, 400+ crit and 300+ block, which renders Storm's biggest advantages (Insane damage and crit) obsolete

Removing something: Both cleanse and Disarm are TC, and their low pip cost makes any school capable of using it. Storm has enfeeble, but that's not coming until 75. There are 74 level below it. Storm's heal is around that level too. Storm has absolutely nothing before that level

With Ice running immunity, all they need is a Life amulet. They don't have to have a natural heal when they're immune to their opponent. Plus that insane health gives Ice the ability to tank all that damage, dish out high damage, and heal when their life is around the 3,000 mark.

Defender
May 29, 2013
105
Shadow 343 on Feb 14, 2015 wrote:
I am pretty sure, but there's always a possibility. I am pretty sure though that he had 108% pierce.

-Oracle
Unless your connection was slow to load (which glitched the stats), then that's not possible without both Shrike and Infal, which you can't see on their stats

The other possibility was a bugged piece of gear that gave an unreal amount of crit. somewhere in the 100s. However, it was fixed in Test realm before Test became live

Defender
May 29, 2013
105
JustinFrostHunter on Feb 15, 2015 wrote:
I agree and ice more luck weaker school that tank school do so, better defense! did made ice offense still be a same defense school and ice only school don't complain about there spell because don't boast how powerful there spell only really count how best is effect is and beside "not all spell meant for pvp & pve" even spell are unfair or overpower and others won't give easy both have own advantages & disadvantages and storm not only with overtime damage and balance don't overtime damage only get overtime damage from as useless wand from khrysails give "spell call: Steel Giant which is a "AOE & overtime damage)

show picture link!

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/images/5/57/(Item_Card)_Steel_Giant.png
Well, Balance doesn't need a DoT, because the only defense against them is tower shield, which is removed by any hit.

Balance isn't hindered by every school running max shields plus Tower shields, like Storm is.

Defender
May 29, 2013
105
Shadow 343 on Jan 13, 2015 wrote:
Yes, storm elf would be unfair. And it would serve another purpose save breaking shields. Even the littlest of damage is still damage. Storm is not a DoT school. They make thunder snakes alone go up to two thousand damage! If storm had a DoT like storm elf, it would not be fair. As i said, I am not storm so I do not know first hand how you are feeling. But when i put myself in your shoes, i get a good idea.

In my opinion, and that of others, storm has already passed its limits. It has remove a charm spell. (that is not storm. it is myth.) It has healing current. (That is life.) What other schools save death(Who are about swaps and sacrifices to heal) have healing spells that are for their own school? Also, storm wizards' accuracy is not that bad. their gear gives them a lot of stuff.

And all spells have power. Storm can also break shields easily if they are in the higher levels. I have a friend with 108 armor piercing and he hasn't dropped anything else. he is storm as well. his health is actually better than most storm's, and he isn't even at level eighty yet.

storm already has a lot of advantages and with a DoT, fighting a storm would be totally unfair. Try to understand my view here please.

Katharine B. PS: i a a girl thank you XD
Thunder Snakes doing 2,000 damage is highly unlikely. They'll need complete pierce, 100+ damage, plus a crit to do so, and that's still not that likely

Elf assaults with Storm simply isn't possible when it's not damage enchantable.
"Damage is Damage"
Ok? Heals are heals. pets are pets. Elf assaults don't do enough damage, even with shrike and a crit, to be a reliable strat. There are so many ways to counter it. Why do you think DoT strats are obsolete at the top level? Instant damage does it better. It doesn't give the opponent time to heal it off.

What other schools have healing spells?
There's Balance with Avail, and Fire with Power Link. A Fire crit build would get decent amount of healing via Power Link. It was a prevalent strategy for a time.
Even so, though, Healing Current is a 3-pip chance at healing no more than a Fairy. In the PvP realm, you need cheap heals ASAP to survive. Life Mastery is the most common amulet. Would you rather spend 4 pips on a chance to heal for a 1,000+ at the risk of healing 100-200, or a guaranteed 500+ from a Fairy, and 1,000+ from a Satyr? In the PvP realm, such risks aren't worth it if you can play it safe and get the same results

"Storm's Accuracy is not that bad"
That's how I can tell you've never played storm. 70% accuracy is crazy low, considering most other schools have at least 80%. Only with Darkmoor gear or lvl 50 Warlord gear + Flashing Blade Staff will Storm Accuracy get to 100%. Like I said, there's a reason why Storm is a dead school under lvl 60. That accuracy without even decent health to be able to shell a hit after fizzling says it all

Even with a Crit and 100+ damage plus shrike, that's about 800 damage over time or 200+ per turn. In the realm of 5,000+ health for every school not named Storm, that won't cut it at all

"Storm already has a lot of advantages"
Give me a few. There's a reason that Storm has the lowest amount of warlords in the game, and is practically a dead school under lvl 60. Even with warlord gear, they still have that insanely low life, and their accuracy still isn't perfect like it is for every other school. It doesn't even hit 90% unless you have the Flashing Blade Staff, which is impossible to get under Lvl 50. On top of that, you have to get to warlord to get it, but with those extreme disadvantages, getting to warlord is possible, but it's a dead school for a reason