Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Elf

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
977
Shadow 343 on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
And there's a reason for that. If storm had a DoT and its current OP spells and stats, there would be no balance whatsoever. I'm not objecting to the idea of boosting storm's stats, but you have to think about storm's opposite: Ice. You're probably going, "Shadow, hullo? Myth is storm's opposite." I don't mean in game, I mean irl. Storm is offense and ice is defense-opposites.

If storm stats were boosted, something would need to be done to Ice to keep them alive. Any suggestions?
What part of low tier school continues to escape you? Storm having a DoT in no way overpowers it- simply gives it the ability to compete which is what it needs. We are not asking for a storm stat buff but a storm tool. If storm gains a DoT i believe it would be more than fair for Ice to ave it's own in school heal.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Eric Stormbringer on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:
What part of low tier school continues to escape you? Storm having a DoT in no way overpowers it- simply gives it the ability to compete which is what it needs. We are not asking for a storm stat buff but a storm tool. If storm gains a DoT i believe it would be more than fair for Ice to ave it's own in school heal.
A DoT is one of the few things storm lacks. With its insane pierce and damage, it could easily be overpowered with the ability to remove shields easily, even if the DoT is higher pips. The thing about ice is that, even if it gets a heal, with ice's low critical, it isn't going to be nearly as effective as, say, life's or balance's heals, while a DoT is one of the few things storm needs -- besides more health -- to be an overpowered school. You can argue that storm needs low pip utility spells, but realistically, that's not what the storm school is about. Storm is meant to be a glass cannon, and if you make it difficult to debuff it, the meta is only going to become more aggressive, which I think most can agree would not be a good thing.

Geographer
Dec 16, 2009
977
Aaron SpellThief on Jul 19, 2015 wrote:
A DoT is one of the few things storm lacks. With its insane pierce and damage, it could easily be overpowered with the ability to remove shields easily, even if the DoT is higher pips. The thing about ice is that, even if it gets a heal, with ice's low critical, it isn't going to be nearly as effective as, say, life's or balance's heals, while a DoT is one of the few things storm needs -- besides more health -- to be an overpowered school. You can argue that storm needs low pip utility spells, but realistically, that's not what the storm school is about. Storm is meant to be a glass cannon, and if you make it difficult to debuff it, the meta is only going to become more aggressive, which I think most can agree would not be a good thing.
Ice's critical got a nice boost from the terrors wand putting it above 60%. Storm lacks in health and low pip utility combo utility and just utility in general lol along with DoTs. Storm is currently a glass cannon but without a DoT in this meta it is more glass than it is cannon. Infallible and moon to weaver will defeat storm completely. so I dont see how a mid-to high pip front loaded DoT or a low pip mutate overpowers storm.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2011
10
Shadow 343 on Feb 3, 2015 wrote:
`tis possible `cause my friend has it. also, balance has healing because it is the balance between all schools. death has a sacrifice because it is about stealing to give.

if myth is about ward removal, why does earthquake take away charms?

accuracy, i understand that. storm wizards need accuracy but they get so much that accuracy is no longer a problem for them.
sounds like your so afraid for the storm to have and elf?
why storm can't have elf?
what's a big deal to have it?
Storm should able to train elf storm cause we need it actually is bad enough our health very low.
We need something to even the odds in the arena.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
brandon thunder on Jul 22, 2015 wrote:
sounds like your so afraid for the storm to have and elf?
why storm can't have elf?
what's a big deal to have it?
Storm should able to train elf storm cause we need it actually is bad enough our health very low.
We need something to even the odds in the arena.
Though I do agree that Storm needs a way to clear shields, I must disagree with Storm being able to train Storm Elf. A 2 pip DoT for Storm is overwhelming, especially since Storm can spike immense amounts of damage unpredictably at 2 pips already. A mid pip spell (5-6 pip DoT, leaves no aftereffect) would be more suitable to the Storm school so it won't be able to easily knock out its enemies at such a low pip level.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
73
Storm already suffers enough from low health and lack of accuracy, and now this? I'm a fairly new player, but I noticed that half the schools have over-time spells.
Fire-Fire Elf, Ice-Ice Elf, Life-Sprite(even thought it's a healing spell), Death-I forgot what it's called but they have one. I never saw one for Myth or Balance. And the Storm Elf I saw only once. All I'm asking is for all the schools to have something that does damage\healing overtime and for that spell not to be as rare as the Storm Elf is right now. And maybe not be an elf, but something new.

-Alexandria Dreamcatcher, level 19

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
365
kylesar1 on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
This card is a Storm version of Fire Elf.
The only way you can get this card is by the pet Storm Elf or by Mutate Storm Elf TC

However, Mutate Storm Elf TC are so insanely rare, that it's not even worth it to train Elf anymore. Across all my wizards, I have about 15. It took me about 2 months to gather them all, and I'm scared of using them because it'll take forever to replenish them

99.99% of PvPers trains up to Tower Shield, and 100% of the players that do also have shields against Storm
Ice gets tons of Mutate Ice Elf TC, and they have Frostbite, Snow Angel, AND Polar Swarm. They don't even need it

This is a problem. Since Storm already lacks DoT, why would KI turn around and basically disable the literal ONLY DoT Storm has. I mean there's Storm Hound, but that uses all pips, and Storm doesn't need Heckhound if they have Triton

KI should bring Mutate Storm Elf TC back. In fact, make it so the Archivist sells them. If you need an excuse, make Mutate Storm Elf trainable. This spell would really change the Storm PvP game for the better on ALL levels. Storm players could finally have a reliable DoT in their arsenal, and not for killing. Just for breaking shields and minion killing. There really is no drawback to this.

It doesn't change Storm's low life and accuracy. The spell isn't OP in the least so players can't complain. Since it's a mutate, you can't make it more powerful. This isn't some personal complaint. EVERY storm player would want this

Come on KI. Storm already has millions of shields to deal with. Can you make it at least slightly more bearable? At the very least, could you make it a more common drop?
because storm most overpower school (wouldn't need dot because allot damage/armor pierce/critical) not useful storm use overtime spell (storm as insane bolt/wild bolt) mostly use wild bolt get rid of shield (why so, easy for balance for destroy others school) waiting for school cast there critical bubble so, cast there fate of gaze spells to critical on second attack)

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
33
PvP King on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
Fire already has equivalent armor pierce to Storm and maintains almost the same damage boost as most Storms. Fire From Above also does 180 more damage than Glowbug Squall and if you add up damage boost and armor pierce, Fire From Above will be doing more damage than Glowbug Squall. On top of that Fire dealing more damage than Storm with base spells, Fire also has DoT's which makes their attacks that much harder to defend against, as well as an unlimited amount of Fire Beetle TC in the Bazaar. On top of that even, Fire is much better than Storm defensively due to its much higher health buffer, slight raise in resist, so Fire is better offensively and defensively than Storm, so what does Storm have?
Fire From Above is only single target while Glowbug Squall is made for multi target

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
33
Eric Stormbringer on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
Ice's critical got a nice boost from the terrors wand putting it above 60%. Storm lacks in health and low pip utility combo utility and just utility in general lol along with DoTs. Storm is currently a glass cannon but without a DoT in this meta it is more glass than it is cannon. Infallible and moon to weaver will defeat storm completely. so I dont see how a mid-to high pip front loaded DoT or a low pip mutate overpowers storm.
You sir are a herald to all diviners, and the very Wizard101 game itself.
Firstly, I would like to thank you to sticking to facts and solid evidence at all times, while i feel your main opponents have been driven to use non-factual anecdotes and wrongly described gear (Battle Mage's Helm of Furrow gives 8% resist, not 80%).
Secondly, my uninformed opinion on this is that I think storm deserves the elf. The reason i think this is due to the fact that ice is able to get a DoT (Frostbite) spell even though tanking, and not shield breaking (rather the opposite) is their specialty. Life get's spinysaur (again life has healing, not DoT as it's perk), Death get's poison (Death's perk is stealing health, not DoT), Myth gets King Artorius, (see a pattern here?, Balance doesn't get a DoT (suprising!).

Now. , , , and have DoTs, while is the only one that specializes in that field. How come 5/7 of the schools get a DoT(A very valuable PvP tool) and (and , off topic) do not? Shadow kept talking about how each school gets a mace and a shield while storm got a Axe and a shield (something among those lines, i got the point) and that storm could not hold three things at once. It seems that almost all the schools have received the weapon of DoT and storm picked the short straw.

I'm not into PvP (But might try to get the hang of it after reading your guide Eric )so I may be speaking utter giberish, but I just wanted to give my opinion, hopefully I've stirred up this controversial topic!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
LiquidTrtle on Aug 3, 2015 wrote:
Fire From Above is only single target while Glowbug Squall is made for multi target
That doesn't change the fact that Fire deals more damage than Storm in 1v1, nor does it justify the fact that Fire should be dealing more damage. Let's compare the dpp each school got for their Shadow Enhanced Spell

Balance: 220 dpp.
Ice: 190-230 dpp.
Storm: 224 dpp.
Death: 166 dpp.
Myth: 176 dpp.
Life: 190-230 dpp.

Fire: 220-260 dpp?!?!?!

The last time I checked, Fire didn't deal a total of 40 damage per pip more than Balance with each spell, nor does Fire deal 36 more dpp than Storm in any same pip comparison with a spell.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
PvP King on Aug 4, 2015 wrote:
That doesn't change the fact that Fire deals more damage than Storm in 1v1, nor does it justify the fact that Fire should be dealing more damage. Let's compare the dpp each school got for their Shadow Enhanced Spell

Balance: 220 dpp.
Ice: 190-230 dpp.
Storm: 224 dpp.
Death: 166 dpp.
Myth: 176 dpp.
Life: 190-230 dpp.

Fire: 220-260 dpp?!?!?!

The last time I checked, Fire didn't deal a total of 40 damage per pip more than Balance with each spell, nor does Fire deal 36 more dpp than Storm in any same pip comparison with a spell.
If you're going to go by that logic, myth's and death's spells should be doing more than ice's, as well, as they normally do about the same or more damage than ice. Balance's spell is a double hit -- balance's triple-hits generally have lower dpp, from what I remember, than normal spells, and as is the case with every other spell you mentioned, the AoE spells do significantly less dpp to single enemies than schools that are comparable in damage, which justifies fire doing more damage than storm in this case.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Aaron SpellThief on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
If you're going to go by that logic, myth's and death's spells should be doing more than ice's, as well, as they normally do about the same or more damage than ice. Balance's spell is a double hit -- balance's triple-hits generally have lower dpp, from what I remember, than normal spells, and as is the case with every other spell you mentioned, the AoE spells do significantly less dpp to single enemies than schools that are comparable in damage, which justifies fire doing more damage than storm in this case.
Ok, Balance's multi-hit spells do less dpp? Let's examine that theory:

Hydra: 95 dpp.
Samoorai: 92-108 dpp.
Samoorai has a chance of doing less damage than Hydra, although Hydra is "weaker" because it's a multi-hit spell.

Chimera: 113 dpp.
King Artorius: 90 dpp, has 2 aftereffects.
Sabertooth: 100-110 dpp, has one aftereffect, is higher pip cost than Chimera therefore should be dealing more damage than Chimera if your logic made any sense.

"the AoE spells do significantly less dpp to single enemies than schools that are comparable in damage, which justifies fire doing more damage than storm in this case."
If you think it's just because Glowbug Squall is an AoE that Fire just so happens to deal more damage, let's examine these 2 spells:
Burning Rampage: 154 dpp.
Stormzilla:130-146 dpp.
Stormzilla can do up to a total of 24 less damage per pip than Fire, although according to your logic "attacks that hit twice should be dealing less damage."
And no, Call of Khrulhu shouldn't be dealing more damage. Let's examine Scarecrow and Frost Giant:
Scarecrow: 57 dpp, drains as an aftereffect.
Frost Giant: 68 dpp, stuns as an aftereffect.
Abominable Weaver is a single target spell without very high combo potential since it does not add more damage to the next attack. Now let's look at Loremaster and Savage Paw:
Loremaster: 97-117 dpp, defensive aftereffect.
Savage Paw: 100 dpp, offensive aftereffect, SHOULD be dealing more damage than Loremaster because of higher pip cost, but it is not due to its offensive aftereffect.
By this logic, Fire From Above should be dealing equal or slightly less dpp than Glowbug Squall, since it has 3 Fire traps as an aftereffect. Right now Fire From Above deals a total of 36 dpp more than Glowbug Squall. Balanced? I think not.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
33
There is the storm elf pet that you can always use and then hatch to make it better.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
33
PvP King on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
Ok, Balance's multi-hit spells do less dpp? Let's examine that theory:

Hydra: 95 dpp.
Samoorai: 92-108 dpp.
Samoorai has a chance of doing less damage than Hydra, although Hydra is "weaker" because it's a multi-hit spell.

Chimera: 113 dpp.
King Artorius: 90 dpp, has 2 aftereffects.
Sabertooth: 100-110 dpp, has one aftereffect, is higher pip cost than Chimera therefore should be dealing more damage than Chimera if your logic made any sense.

"the AoE spells do significantly less dpp to single enemies than schools that are comparable in damage, which justifies fire doing more damage than storm in this case."
If you think it's just because Glowbug Squall is an AoE that Fire just so happens to deal more damage, let's examine these 2 spells:
Burning Rampage: 154 dpp.
Stormzilla:130-146 dpp.
Stormzilla can do up to a total of 24 less damage per pip than Fire, although according to your logic "attacks that hit twice should be dealing less damage."
And no, Call of Khrulhu shouldn't be dealing more damage. Let's examine Scarecrow and Frost Giant:
Scarecrow: 57 dpp, drains as an aftereffect.
Frost Giant: 68 dpp, stuns as an aftereffect.
Abominable Weaver is a single target spell without very high combo potential since it does not add more damage to the next attack. Now let's look at Loremaster and Savage Paw:
Loremaster: 97-117 dpp, defensive aftereffect.
Savage Paw: 100 dpp, offensive aftereffect, SHOULD be dealing more damage than Loremaster because of higher pip cost, but it is not due to its offensive aftereffect.
By this logic, Fire From Above should be dealing equal or slightly less dpp than Glowbug Squall, since it has 3 Fire traps as an aftereffect. Right now Fire From Above deals a total of 36 dpp more than Glowbug Squall. Balanced? I think not.
He said generally do less dpp not always and not that they should you can find many spell that have less dpp with multi hit. The thing about multi hit is that the first hit can break a shield then do more damage.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
PvP King on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
Ok, Balance's multi-hit spells do less dpp? Let's examine that theory:

Hydra: 95 dpp.
Samoorai: 92-108 dpp.
Samoorai has a chance of doing less damage than Hydra, although Hydra is "weaker" because it's a multi-hit spell.

Chimera: 113 dpp.
King Artorius: 90 dpp, has 2 aftereffects.
Sabertooth: 100-110 dpp, has one aftereffect, is higher pip cost than Chimera therefore should be dealing more damage than Chimera if your logic made any sense.

"the AoE spells do significantly less dpp to single enemies than schools that are comparable in damage, which justifies fire doing more damage than storm in this case."
If you think it's just because Glowbug Squall is an AoE that Fire just so happens to deal more damage, let's examine these 2 spells:
Burning Rampage: 154 dpp.
Stormzilla:130-146 dpp.
Stormzilla can do up to a total of 24 less damage per pip than Fire, although according to your logic "attacks that hit twice should be dealing less damage."
And no, Call of Khrulhu shouldn't be dealing more damage. Let's examine Scarecrow and Frost Giant:
Scarecrow: 57 dpp, drains as an aftereffect.
Frost Giant: 68 dpp, stuns as an aftereffect.
Abominable Weaver is a single target spell without very high combo potential since it does not add more damage to the next attack. Now let's look at Loremaster and Savage Paw:
Loremaster: 97-117 dpp, defensive aftereffect.
Savage Paw: 100 dpp, offensive aftereffect, SHOULD be dealing more damage than Loremaster because of higher pip cost, but it is not due to its offensive aftereffect.
By this logic, Fire From Above should be dealing equal or slightly less dpp than Glowbug Squall, since it has 3 Fire traps as an aftereffect. Right now Fire From Above deals a total of 36 dpp more than Glowbug Squall. Balanced? I think not.
Well, my original post was mostly based on personal impressions, but I can back some of it up.

Firstly, the average dpp of single target balance spells (Excluding outliers such as mana burn, supernova, and Gaze of Fate) is about 99 -- making Hydra about 4 dpp less than average. Chimera is significantly higher, likely because of the near-constant increase in dpp as the spells get to higher levels. Since balance hasn't gotten many higher-level single-target spells to increase average dpp, which makes chimera's significantly higher than average dpp somewhat deceiving, it can be said that triple-hit spells are about average dpp.

Secondly, Burning Rampage and Stormzilla aren't really comparable. Burning rampage is more similar to a DoT than to a double-hit spell, making its higher dpp justified. Burning rampage is also a dropped spell, which -- even in such an easy example such Catalan vs. Stormzilla -- Catalan does more dpp, and even has an added effect, further justifying its higher dpp.

As for your next point, I mostly agree. I will say, though, that this means that Myth's Mystic Colossus deserves a buff, since it has a similar effect to Glowbug Squall -- possibly less useful, except in very specific situations -- Myth is one of the schools that has higher damage, and still does 48 less dpp with Mystic Colossus than Storm does with Glowbug Squall.

As for your final point, I would argue that Glowbug Squall's effect is more powerful than FFA's -- Enfeeble, a 2-pip spell, to all enemies, vs. Fire's Fuel, also a 2-pip spell to a single enemy, but that's more personal opinion. Anyway, most of my opinions are from experience, including average damage boosts and pierce, which can also unbalance spells, so they were somewhat inaccurate mathematically.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
LiquidTrtle on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
He said generally do less dpp not always and not that they should you can find many spell that have less dpp with multi hit. The thing about multi hit is that the first hit can break a shield then do more damage.
And yet these spells don't have a lower damage to pip ratio, which is what I just proved.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
33
PvP King on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:
And yet these spells don't have a lower damage to pip ratio, which is what I just proved.
Once again GENERALLY not just a few spells. You only gave a few examples from the many multi-hit spells.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
33
PvP King on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:
And yet these spells don't have a lower damage to pip ratio, which is what I just proved.
Wait, what if they just made a storm DoT in the third arc that was decently hard to get pips for such as an eleven pip spell or six pip two shadow. Or it could be something like this 20 per pip + 400 per shadow pip. Call it Electrocute where storm snakes rain down on you and you get electrocuted.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
LiquidTrtle on Aug 9, 2015 wrote:
Once again GENERALLY not just a few spells. You only gave a few examples from the many multi-hit spells.
"Generally" as in what spell? Is Scarab your best pet on this one? Storm spells? Fire spells? I literally just proved how Hydra and Chimera are at linear dpp levels to the Balance school, and many times before how Minotaur and Orthrus are linear to Myth's dpp levels in many other threads, what else do you want?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1623
Aaron SpellThief on Aug 7, 2015 wrote:
Well, my original post was mostly based on personal impressions, but I can back some of it up.

Firstly, the average dpp of single target balance spells (Excluding outliers such as mana burn, supernova, and Gaze of Fate) is about 99 -- making Hydra about 4 dpp less than average. Chimera is significantly higher, likely because of the near-constant increase in dpp as the spells get to higher levels. Since balance hasn't gotten many higher-level single-target spells to increase average dpp, which makes chimera's significantly higher than average dpp somewhat deceiving, it can be said that triple-hit spells are about average dpp.

Secondly, Burning Rampage and Stormzilla aren't really comparable. Burning rampage is more similar to a DoT than to a double-hit spell, making its higher dpp justified. Burning rampage is also a dropped spell, which -- even in such an easy example such Catalan vs. Stormzilla -- Catalan does more dpp, and even has an added effect, further justifying its higher dpp.

As for your next point, I mostly agree. I will say, though, that this means that Myth's Mystic Colossus deserves a buff, since it has a similar effect to Glowbug Squall -- possibly less useful, except in very specific situations -- Myth is one of the schools that has higher damage, and still does 48 less dpp with Mystic Colossus than Storm does with Glowbug Squall.

As for your final point, I would argue that Glowbug Squall's effect is more powerful than FFA's -- Enfeeble, a 2-pip spell, to all enemies, vs. Fire's Fuel, also a 2-pip spell to a single enemy, but that's more personal opinion. Anyway, most of my opinions are from experience, including average damage boosts and pierce, which can also unbalance spells, so they were somewhat inaccurate mathematically.
Average dpp does absolutely nothing to prove anything, as spells with higher pip cost will have a higher dpp ratio, except for one pip spells.

Burning Rampage doesn't work the same way as many call a "DoT" in Wizard101. Spells like Fire Elf, Heckhound, King Artorius, etc, are turn-based version attacks of DPS (Damage Per Second), otherwise called DPT (Damage Per Turn). Burning Rampage hits once, doesn't do anything the second turn, then hits very hard the third turn, again, doing more damage than Stormzilla. As we see with double hit spells (Minotaur and Orthrus), these spells don't deal an increased amount of damage like Burning Rampage does, nor can they be combo'd. A Fire wizard can easily set up a Fire Beetle + Brimstone Revenant after the Burning Rampage is used, making it deal phenomenal amounts of damage while the target can do pretty much nothing about it, again, making Fire a more offensive school than Storm.

"Burning rampage is also a dropped spell, which -- even in such an easy example such Catalan vs Stormzilla, Catalan does more dpp, and even has an added effect, further justifying its higher dpp."
This, actually, is an incorrect statement that many believe to be true. Loremaster dropped spells and spells dropped by any other boss follow very different rules. This can be seen with Catch of The Day and Catalan
Catch of The Day: 110-120 dpp removes 2 charms.
Catalan: 140 dpp, -25% accuracy charm on target.


Catalan is already seen to be dealing a lot more damage than Catch of The Day and is a completely better spell on its own at pretty much any level, in almost every single situation. Loremaster's dropped spells are generally better than spells dropped by random bosses and that can't be dropped by Loremaster, but again, Burning Rampage defies these rules, and is justified to making Fire's offense, again, better than Storm's. Storm has less offense than Fire, which is why it needs a DoT to make up for it.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
PvP King on Aug 9, 2015 wrote:
Average dpp does absolutely nothing to prove anything, as spells with higher pip cost will have a higher dpp ratio, except for one pip spells.

Burning Rampage doesn't work the same way as many call a "DoT" in Wizard101. Spells like Fire Elf, Heckhound, King Artorius, etc, are turn-based version attacks of DPS (Damage Per Second), otherwise called DPT (Damage Per Turn). Burning Rampage hits once, doesn't do anything the second turn, then hits very hard the third turn, again, doing more damage than Stormzilla. As we see with double hit spells (Minotaur and Orthrus), these spells don't deal an increased amount of damage like Burning Rampage does, nor can they be combo'd. A Fire wizard can easily set up a Fire Beetle + Brimstone Revenant after the Burning Rampage is used, making it deal phenomenal amounts of damage while the target can do pretty much nothing about it, again, making Fire a more offensive school than Storm.

"Burning rampage is also a dropped spell, which -- even in such an easy example such Catalan vs Stormzilla, Catalan does more dpp, and even has an added effect, further justifying its higher dpp."
This, actually, is an incorrect statement that many believe to be true. Loremaster dropped spells and spells dropped by any other boss follow very different rules. This can be seen with Catch of The Day and Catalan
Catch of The Day: 110-120 dpp removes 2 charms.
Catalan: 140 dpp, -25% accuracy charm on target.


Catalan is already seen to be dealing a lot more damage than Catch of The Day and is a completely better spell on its own at pretty much any level, in almost every single situation. Loremaster's dropped spells are generally better than spells dropped by random bosses and that can't be dropped by Loremaster, but again, Burning Rampage defies these rules, and is justified to making Fire's offense, again, better than Storm's. Storm has less offense than Fire, which is why it needs a DoT to make up for it.
Alright, so firstly, I will quote myself: " Burning rampage is MORE SIMILAR to a DoT than to a double-hit spell." I meant this in the sense that it does not do immediate damage, and is therefore more comparable to a DoT than a double-hit spell. Clearly, it is not a perfect comparison with either type of spell.

Secondly, there was an entire post about how people believe Catch of the Day to be underpowered. Using a spell with below average dpp -- not adjusted for the removed enfeeble effect -- isn't a very good comparison to prove your point, and that's only one spell. Many dropped spells also have effects, making similar dpp amounts to similarly pipped spells to be understandable, and the dropped spells that do not have effects usually have high dpp.

"Storm has less offense than fire". That is incorrect -- storm has higher damage, usually higher base spell damage, and more pierce. I think you're getting damage convinced with utility and buffs. Storm is meant to be a school based purely on damage -- do you see fire being able to do 4,000 damage for 2 pips? It's hard enough to prevent storm from 1-2 shotting as it is. A DoT for storm would just make that more difficult, and probably overpower the storm school.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
62
PvP King on Aug 9, 2015 wrote:
Average dpp does absolutely nothing to prove anything, as spells with higher pip cost will have a higher dpp ratio, except for one pip spells.

Burning Rampage doesn't work the same way as many call a "DoT" in Wizard101. Spells like Fire Elf, Heckhound, King Artorius, etc, are turn-based version attacks of DPS (Damage Per Second), otherwise called DPT (Damage Per Turn). Burning Rampage hits once, doesn't do anything the second turn, then hits very hard the third turn, again, doing more damage than Stormzilla. As we see with double hit spells (Minotaur and Orthrus), these spells don't deal an increased amount of damage like Burning Rampage does, nor can they be combo'd. A Fire wizard can easily set up a Fire Beetle + Brimstone Revenant after the Burning Rampage is used, making it deal phenomenal amounts of damage while the target can do pretty much nothing about it, again, making Fire a more offensive school than Storm.

"Burning rampage is also a dropped spell, which -- even in such an easy example such Catalan vs Stormzilla, Catalan does more dpp, and even has an added effect, further justifying its higher dpp."
This, actually, is an incorrect statement that many believe to be true. Loremaster dropped spells and spells dropped by any other boss follow very different rules. This can be seen with Catch of The Day and Catalan
Catch of The Day: 110-120 dpp removes 2 charms.
Catalan: 140 dpp, -25% accuracy charm on target.


Catalan is already seen to be dealing a lot more damage than Catch of The Day and is a completely better spell on its own at pretty much any level, in almost every single situation. Loremaster's dropped spells are generally better than spells dropped by random bosses and that can't be dropped by Loremaster, but again, Burning Rampage defies these rules, and is justified to making Fire's offense, again, better than Storm's. Storm has less offense than Fire, which is why it needs a DoT to make up for it.
I agree. Not to mention Fire will have roughly 5k health, Storm will have roughly 4k health, and Fire's low pip utility spells are far superior to Storm's.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
62
Aaron SpellThief on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
Alright, so firstly, I will quote myself: " Burning rampage is MORE SIMILAR to a DoT than to a double-hit spell." I meant this in the sense that it does not do immediate damage, and is therefore more comparable to a DoT than a double-hit spell. Clearly, it is not a perfect comparison with either type of spell.

Secondly, there was an entire post about how people believe Catch of the Day to be underpowered. Using a spell with below average dpp -- not adjusted for the removed enfeeble effect -- isn't a very good comparison to prove your point, and that's only one spell. Many dropped spells also have effects, making similar dpp amounts to similarly pipped spells to be understandable, and the dropped spells that do not have effects usually have high dpp.

"Storm has less offense than fire". That is incorrect -- storm has higher damage, usually higher base spell damage, and more pierce. I think you're getting damage convinced with utility and buffs. Storm is meant to be a school based purely on damage -- do you see fire being able to do 4,000 damage for 2 pips? It's hard enough to prevent storm from 1-2 shotting as it is. A DoT for storm would just make that more difficult, and probably overpower the storm school.
I just do not see how Storm is even being considered close to overpowered. It is the second worst school in the current meta.

Explorer
Aug 03, 2012
82
Shadow 343 on Jan 4, 2015 wrote:
you can also get gear that gives you the storm elf card. i won a storm elf hat from haunted cave.

K.B.
How can you get the storm elf because when i went in and defeated nightshade and i did not get the storm elf.

HELP me find it

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
215
genral 50 on Aug 24, 2015 wrote:
How can you get the storm elf because when i went in and defeated nightshade and i did not get the storm elf.

HELP me find it
You have to farm for it. Also, the Harvest Lord drops it too if that helps. But it's a drop that comes easily some times and difficult others. I have collected six storm elf hats and a friend of mine, who wants them desperately, has gotten none. Its a drop. You have to farm.