Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranked pvp is seriusly broken

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 17, 2013
2
I totally agree with you all this is not fair what so ever I have a level 61 wizard and I have to fight level 100 privates all the time and the majority of the time they end up with the first turn my myth has 1803 rank and I almost made it to leaderboard but I fought a level 100wizard with the evil magic and lost and another match was get this a level 90 private who went first and was JADE and I stood no chance against 90 jades of going first so I just fled cause I had no chance like for real what KI should do is at least always make the warlords and I mean always the privates should be bound to go second because that's only fair but still even if this happens we will still lose a ton of matches and now privates will complain cause of how they are second and are stats and TC and all that stuff but really its only fair cause they have insane stats too 400 critical 100 damage and my 50 resist is no use for there 20 pierce and there critical you are saying I should use conviction right? well that doesn't work out either cause I still get critical on anyways and even with out critical they still do a lot of damage and some people are saying that we have way more skill and that's only fair to fight these guys well let me tell you this no matter how much skill you have you will lose anyways our rank is just a number every win I fight stronger and smarter privates and with every win I don't get better stats or I don't become smarter or I don't get more resist or health or any other stats so over all these are the reasons why PVP is horrible and there is no fighting me if you do all the counters are there thanks for reading and hopefully understanding. 100 66 61 59 5 18

Explorer
May 08, 2014
92
Dr Von on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
if you are a midlevel warlord, the matching system assumes that you can handle the challenge and will pair you with promethean/exalted privates.

similarlly, my pyro veteran is level 34; nearly all of her opponents are level 50+, have twice her health, and can land critical hits that i have no way to block... but it's part of being a high-ranked magus. this is a wizard whose gear and strategy were specifically tailored for pvp, so (fortunately) i have reached a point that a grandmaster across the ring doesn't necessarily mean death by lucky crit.

based on the stats you provided, i'm willing to bet that your opponent was storm... as the owner of an exalted diviner, storm needs those numbers because they're so fragile defensively; your focus should be on wearing them down: wallpaper them with weakness and shield-stack, to cut their big hits down; use infections (so they can't effectively heal off your damage) and then, when you're sure you can one-shot your opponent, do it.

better luck next time~

-von
100 72 50 34 veteran
Dude a level 100 diviner with over the top gear has way more health and defense than a level 60

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
28
ya i agree the even the difference between lvl 80 and 90 is just to much. only may to win as a warlord at 80 is mana spam. its not because spells its because the gear and yes the crafted gear does offer high critical but what about block? i have crafted boots and warlord wand and even got a ring just for block but still only 180 block the only way to live vs hades is to always have the block aura on. then how you gonna pierce? Also with the full hades gear and critical boots most schools will always critical through that. that come on ki at least give us a chance to block.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
28
i think what they should do is add in a wand lvl 60 that gives 100-120 block so there is a way to counter these critical addicts.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2009
4
Also another thing about the game being broken and "unbalanced". Balance at a high levels are a pain to play against. They constantly spam that same crap loremaster and then manaburn or aura. I mean really Ki, is it that hard to raise how many pips it cost to cast loremaster or maybe take some damage to themselves if they wanna use manaburn. Really, when you face someone like this they are virtually unbeatable. You hold on to that sliver of hope that maybe, just maybe, this balance player will actually have strategy but no, once they use those two loremasters and you fizzle twice you know this game has just turned into pure luck instead of skill and strategy .This is my only complaint at pvp as i am really good with my myth character and if someone beats me kudos to them but when a see a balance use that same strategy over and over it takes me into a place full of rage and fury. all i ask is for ki to nerf that loremaster cheap crap. hopefully someone of importance sees this and im pretty sure all of the community pvpers, that are not loremaster spammers, will be thankful for the changes. thank you

Defender
Oct 15, 2009
123
Dr Von on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
if you are a midlevel warlord, the matching system assumes that you can handle the challenge and will pair you with promethean/exalted privates.

similarlly, my pyro veteran is level 34; nearly all of her opponents are level 50+, have twice her health, and can land critical hits that i have no way to block... but it's part of being a high-ranked magus. this is a wizard whose gear and strategy were specifically tailored for pvp, so (fortunately) i have reached a point that a grandmaster across the ring doesn't necessarily mean death by lucky crit.

based on the stats you provided, i'm willing to bet that your opponent was storm... as the owner of an exalted diviner, storm needs those numbers because they're so fragile defensively; your focus should be on wearing them down: wallpaper them with weakness and shield-stack, to cut their big hits down; use infections (so they can't effectively heal off your damage) and then, when you're sure you can one-shot your opponent, do it.

better luck next time~

-von
100 72 50 34 veteran
If storm goes first, its almost a guarantee win at that level. In fact going first, is almost a guarantee win with most schools. As has always been the problem with the game. Its an uphill (not impossible) battle from start to finish. One has to really count on the luck aspect of the game that the opponents cards keeping showing bad choices.

I keep saying and hopefully KI will someday plug the last hole they have in the game. The reverse card.

It would bring as close to a more balanced game as possible. A player going second uses the card. They get a second turn and now the attack order goes the other way. If it is a high pip card it would stop people from using it and then attacking with a powerful spell. That would be unfair.

It would add a much needed dynamic to the game like UNO.

Without that a midlevel Warlord going second against a high level private is practically a sure loss.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
28
I have two things to say.

1. why is your math so off in pvp. i do a one thousand bolt with 47 damage and did 700 damage vs a guy with 44 resist. it just makes no sense.

2. pvp is broken. i fight people the same lvl as me the even go second and we are winning then boom a lvl 30 storm uses rebirth. boom they are back in the game. and later one they go on to beat us. how is this fair? just because some uses tc does not mean they should win. or enchant tc people spam can spam like 15 of the same spells because the side board tc enchants and also no doing a 4 pip meteor a lvl 22 can do 600 damage. like really what is they have blades all they need to do is do to of those and boom they win and thats not even with a team.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
53
PVP Master12321 on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
I have two things to say.

1. why is your math so off in pvp. i do a one thousand bolt with 47 damage and did 700 damage vs a guy with 44 resist. it just makes no sense.

2. pvp is broken. i fight people the same lvl as me the even go second and we are winning then boom a lvl 30 storm uses rebirth. boom they are back in the game. and later one they go on to beat us. how is this fair? just because some uses tc does not mean they should win. or enchant tc people spam can spam like 15 of the same spells because the side board tc enchants and also no doing a 4 pip meteor a lvl 22 can do 600 damage. like really what is they have blades all they need to do is do to of those and boom they win and thats not even with a team.
lolz is not off. they calculate the damage first then the resist at last.

so if a storm have 100 damage and use wild bolt and hit 1000, then with the damage is suppose to be exactly 2000
but if the other guy has 50 resist then it cut 2000 in half, so is basicly 1000 wild bolt!

resist is very important in the game, but against lvl 90-100 the lvl 50 warlord gear is basicly useless. with there pierce!,damage!,shadow!,CRITICAl!

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
28
JohnRamCeu on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
lolz is not off. they calculate the damage first then the resist at last.

so if a storm have 100 damage and use wild bolt and hit 1000, then with the damage is suppose to be exactly 2000
but if the other guy has 50 resist then it cut 2000 in half, so is basicly 1000 wild bolt!

resist is very important in the game, but against lvl 90-100 the lvl 50 warlord gear is basicly useless. with there pierce!,damage!,shadow!,CRITICAl!
ya i found that out after but still now your making resist better then damage.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
28
wow just did some lvl 84 pvp... not fun. i think we can handle the block and critical but man this shadow just unbeatable.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
53
Yea facing high lvl 90-100 make the warlird n commander resist gear useless n that the only way most of us win is by having drcent resist

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
103
Hi

Shadow was created because Jade gear, do you all want immune players to trouble you? You all can't wait to complain again about to much resist on some players. You all know they will still complain about op resist, spam of shields etc.

When ever new spells come, that means you got to change deck set up, if you didn't think trough you will lose. First spells of shadow for example Shrike has a rule and that rule depends on which school i face.

My rule is he got 3 rounds to attack i got 2 rounds to shield and 1 round to heal if i don't find heal in those 3 rounds i will sure lose.

For second set of shadow spells rule is find way to remove blades or put tower shield just before 3 round expires.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2009
3
I completely agree with you and I can relate as well. I have a lvl 50 ice with roughly 2700 rank and have faced many promethean and exalt because of it. It is true that warlords are usually more skilled, but there is a limit to what you can do against these high levels. For example, numerous times I have faced storm promethean from second turn and I don't even get to develop a strategy to win because they kill me with 1 critical bolt or insane bolt on the first round.
The 115 critical block which i have is rarely useful to me against promethean with hades gear having an average of 400-500 critical rating. also the new hades gear has given high lvl a very big advantage against low levels because they only need to repeatedly use low level critical hits to keep low levels on their toes which only leaves room for defence and not offence. Also the new shrike spell makes resist useless for low levels. High levels already have an average of 15% base pierce and the added pierce from shrike is ridiculous. I have tried many ways to counter the power of critical gear like using more conviction and more dispels (which is useless especially from second turn since high levels love to use low level hits all it does is stalls).
I understand that warlords are supposed to be more skilled, but like I said, there is a limit to what we can do and I think a proper solution would be to pair us with other skilled players that are maximum 20 levels higher than you because making skilled players fight opponents who are literally double their lvl is unfair.