Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranked pvp is seriusly broken

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
ok i do have to say some of the pet healing spell have gone crazy but the sprite and unicorn is fine i more talking into fairy Dyana healing current because when i in pvp sprite is cast a lot but it don't give them like to much heath but when one of the others is cast it like saves them and then i at lets say 1000 heath when there at 4560 heath so i got to say i agree that's not right

2 well we all seen dispel truthfully that spell not fair to pvp because if a guy know you his or her class they could have tc that cost 1 pip when the normal stuff cost 2 and just spam it on you and then you don't get to cast anything and they can build up there pips to kill you so i guess i have to agree that over power

3 is the game out of balance because look at these and if you can tell me that not crazy ether you lie in or you lose you mined
normal hit with blade in trap on enimes now before updates were 956 to 1000 something with update to there class now they hit 1000 to 4000 easy they get 30% armor prices and there accrucey rasie up to 100%and there heaths gets up to now 4957

becomes immune to all spell and get 99 resistance to any class other class ice accrucry get lowered to 50% it still weaker then any class that a good thing armor price biggest i seen is 25%

life get x amount of heals from it pip from it spell and from any kinda heal incoming or outgoing accrucry turn worst then any other class about 20 if lucky you get 30% price OK i seen 10% with them no bigger

these classes need a update to even become op right now there the week est classes on the game it may not seem it to them but they are there states don't seem op and they don't have to bad spell

the game has become base on who gets first hit and soon that's all it will be about if they keep going like these but these is getting rd if something don't chang storm will take over life will become ice and ice will become life with out the heals and it will be all about who hit fiirst

level 100wizard

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
Aaron SpellThief on May 23, 2014 wrote:
Randomness..something I wish the game had more of in some aspects. When I get second 9/10 matches, I start to feel that the game is no longer random. I am second just about every match..I'm starting to feel that that part of the game, at least, is not so random as it might appear. Fizzles, my fizzles always happen when I absolutely need them to not otherwise I will lose the match. I know the critical block formula. When I have 300 block, I should be blocking more often than not with conviction; however, I do not. Dispels? I've had my team life dispelled at least 5 times in 10 rounds, and many myth and death dispels at the same time. When my team cannot even use the most basic of spells, the game ceases to be fun. Since I almost always get second, dispels can be even more of an issue. Finally, pets can and do take their owners up from low to full health at low level pvp. I have had many matches where my opponent was saved by a pet heal, and later went on to win. I just lost 50 or so rating on my low level ice because I was second 5 times in a row to people 35 levels higher than me that can do half my health with no blades..Pvp simply needs to be fixed.
9/10 matches going second is a possible outcome and thus covered by randomness. Are you saying there's a conspiracy against you?

Survivor
Apr 30, 2013
11
Robobot1747 on May 24, 2014 wrote:
9/10 matches going second is a possible outcome and thus covered by randomness. Are you saying there's a conspiracy against you?
Don't see how that statement is helpful. Until KI publishes the actual mechanics/formulas about how fizzle rates and 1st/2nd are determined, they only have observation based evidence to guess. . . and 9/10 -- if that is correct or is just made up-- is way off the chart.

So, i would say. KI, please post the mechanics. . .

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
BarneStormer on May 25, 2014 wrote:
Don't see how that statement is helpful. Until KI publishes the actual mechanics/formulas about how fizzle rates and 1st/2nd are determined, they only have observation based evidence to guess. . . and 9/10 -- if that is correct or is just made up-- is way off the chart.

So, i would say. KI, please post the mechanics. . .
99% sure the mechanics are akin to the computer flipping a coin. He is saying that he goes second 9/10 times and then states he is "not sure the game is random" anymore. If it's not random that he goes second a lot, then clearly there must be a conspiracy against him. I for one go second about half the time.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Robobot1747 on May 26, 2014 wrote:
99% sure the mechanics are akin to the computer flipping a coin. He is saying that he goes second 9/10 times and then states he is "not sure the game is random" anymore. If it's not random that he goes second a lot, then clearly there must be a conspiracy against him. I for one go second about half the time.
All I know is that I go second a ridiculous amount of the time. I never implied a conspiracy. I just said that the first/second rate did not appear to be 50/50 from hundreds of matches that I have done. If it is not 50/50, it is broken, and therefore should be fixed, which is my point on that topic.

Survivor
Apr 30, 2013
11
Robobot1747 on May 26, 2014 wrote:
99% sure the mechanics are akin to the computer flipping a coin. He is saying that he goes second 9/10 times and then states he is "not sure the game is random" anymore. If it's not random that he goes second a lot, then clearly there must be a conspiracy against him. I for one go second about half the time.
I didn't get the conspiracy message. I think he is frustrated that the 'computer coin' flipped 9 times out of 10 and he is asking if the random 'coin flipper' has the right programming. Good question. I am sure if someone just wrote: 'yes, our random generators are calibrated' then we can all agree.

I just think that raising a 'conspiracy theory' specter is not helpful; it distracts from the original question and shuts-down thoughtful debate.

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
Aaron SpellThief on May 26, 2014 wrote:
All I know is that I go second a ridiculous amount of the time. I never implied a conspiracy. I just said that the first/second rate did not appear to be 50/50 from hundreds of matches that I have done. If it is not 50/50, it is broken, and therefore should be fixed, which is my point on that topic.
There's no reason for the random number generator to be broken against you constantly, if it were broken it would also 'target" other players and there would be a rash of them going first. I didn't mean to say that you thought there was a conspiracy.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
164
your right i agree that pvp is broken. but whats really wrong with pvp. is that all schools go. way past the rolls they where originally men't to fill. no one school is considered unique any more. every one can heal every one can tank every one can deal burst damage and every one can deal damage over time exept for life we are the only school with out a dot for some reason

this may just be my opinion. of how each school was originally men't to play out. and i could be wrong. life healer. ice tank. fire damage over time. death medium burst damage with some life leach. and storm huge burst damage with mid level accuracy. and as far as balance goe's. i have no idea what they where trying to do with it.

another thing that is wrong with pvp. is that schools are to strong. for some reason the main damage schools storm fire death and balance. can all one shot KO you with a 10K damage attack. some thing needs to be done so that all the blades in the game don't stack. doe's any one in the game have 10K HP?. i haven't seen any one so why are all the damage schools hitting for 10K?. can you say over kill? the one shot KO needs to be removed from the game

and last but not least TC also ruin pvp

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
278
AngelicWolf1337 on Jun 1, 2014 wrote:
your right i agree that pvp is broken. but whats really wrong with pvp. is that all schools go. way past the rolls they where originally men't to fill. no one school is considered unique any more. every one can heal every one can tank every one can deal burst damage and every one can deal damage over time exept for life we are the only school with out a dot for some reason

this may just be my opinion. of how each school was originally men't to play out. and i could be wrong. life healer. ice tank. fire damage over time. death medium burst damage with some life leach. and storm huge burst damage with mid level accuracy. and as far as balance goe's. i have no idea what they where trying to do with it.

another thing that is wrong with pvp. is that schools are to strong. for some reason the main damage schools storm fire death and balance. can all one shot KO you with a 10K damage attack. some thing needs to be done so that all the blades in the game don't stack. doe's any one in the game have 10K HP?. i haven't seen any one so why are all the damage schools hitting for 10K?. can you say over kill? the one shot KO needs to be removed from the game

and last but not least TC also ruin pvp
i disagree on tc because everybody yous them and it help lower level in rank and i yous it to heal my team mates in pvp sent ice don't get a heal that for others so everything else i agree on but tc i say is fine it not harming anyone only thing is if there going yous tc make it cost the pips that we have to yous for are normal spells other then that it fine

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
164
if your ice and do not have a heal. other then fairy witch for every school with the exeption of life. is a small self heal then you should train further. in to the life tree up to sanctuary. get a life mastery amulet so that your heals can use power pips. and you will no longer need TC to heal your self or team members

and with sanctuary your heals will be boosted by 50%. so a fairy should heal for 800 and a satyr should heal for 1920. and since you are ice you shouldn't have to worry. about doom and gloom because it is not your weakness.
and your resistance should be pretty high 40+

and because your not life you wont have to warry. about stacking guiding light and brilliant light. so you can use blades and traps to supliment your damage. and if you want stronger heals you can get 50% or more from the right gear. with inc heal bonus so you would actually be getting a 100% bonus. to your healing done to your self only. 50% to teamates so if you think about it your TC. shouldn't be heals but rather should be stacking guiding light and brilliant light for stronger heals. and if you don't want to do that you could always 2v2 with an actual life wizard.

how ever if you take my previous suggestion. you would effectively render the need for a life wizard obsolete.
but keep in mind you would be a single target healer and wouldn't have any AOE heals unless you have unicorn in your treasure cards witch shouldn't be necessary if every one on your team has spected in to the life tree as far as you have

do you see now why i do not agree with TC being allowed in pvp? treasure cards make life wizards obsolete
there is no longer any need for any one to play a life wizard i my self have thought about deleting my lvl 76 life wizard and rerolling ICE because of this

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
164
oh and i almost forgot if you use frostbite and snow angel as your primary attacks and stack blades and traps you also effectively render fire wizards obsolete as well so you are not just rendering one school obsolete but 2 schools fire and life ice is the ultimate school with that said there is no longer any need to play the other schools exept for death to counter ices heals

so it is now not just 2 schools that are now pointless to play but 5 out of 7 this is how TC ruin pvp

Survivor
Jun 14, 2010
10
Apprentice vs Apprentice Ranked PvP Battle:
Player One: "hey dood you gunna get beat in the first three rounds with my l33t pet that has dis overpowad spell called an efreet" *Player One's friends teleport to the battlegrounds and start rooting for him like he's the king in a jousting tourney*

Player Two: "oh cmon, why can't anybody just do legit pvp for once?" *Player One and his buddies start to critizice Player Two's comment*

Player One: "bahumbug, you just dun know how to play pvp bro, you can do anytin you want in it, so just deal with it, bcuz you aint winnin nothin with me" *casts efreet, and Player Two is immediately eliminated by the overpowered damage* *Player One's buddies start to laugh at Player Two's defeat and root for Player One somemore.*

Player Two: *teleports back to the pvp hub in anger and a feeling of defeat, thinking about how blind Player One was to see how his method of winning ruins the point of pvp*

Welcome to PvP, where nothing is fair.
#nerfpvp

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Eric Owlhunter on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
Apprentice vs Apprentice Ranked PvP Battle:
Player One: "hey dood you gunna get beat in the first three rounds with my l33t pet that has dis overpowad spell called an efreet" *Player One's friends teleport to the battlegrounds and start rooting for him like he's the king in a jousting tourney*

Player Two: "oh cmon, why can't anybody just do legit pvp for once?" *Player One and his buddies start to critizice Player Two's comment*

Player One: "bahumbug, you just dun know how to play pvp bro, you can do anytin you want in it, so just deal with it, bcuz you aint winnin nothin with me" *casts efreet, and Player Two is immediately eliminated by the overpowered damage* *Player One's buddies start to laugh at Player Two's defeat and root for Player One somemore.*

Player Two: *teleports back to the pvp hub in anger and a feeling of defeat, thinking about how blind Player One was to see how his method of winning ruins the point of pvp*

Welcome to PvP, where nothing is fair.
#nerfpvp
An efreet pet is legit, as it is easy to counter and costs a lot of pips. At apprentice, if your opponent gets that many pips without you using weakness, shielding, or defeating them, then there might be something wrong with your strategy. You can't win if your head is spinning, whether it's from efreet or any other attack.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
164
Eric Owlhunter on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
Apprentice vs Apprentice Ranked PvP Battle:
Player One: "hey dood you gunna get beat in the first three rounds with my l33t pet that has dis overpowad spell called an efreet" *Player One's friends teleport to the battlegrounds and start rooting for him like he's the king in a jousting tourney*

Player Two: "oh cmon, why can't anybody just do legit pvp for once?" *Player One and his buddies start to critizice Player Two's comment*

Player One: "bahumbug, you just dun know how to play pvp bro, you can do anytin you want in it, so just deal with it, bcuz you aint winnin nothin with me" *casts efreet, and Player Two is immediately eliminated by the overpowered damage* *Player One's buddies start to laugh at Player Two's defeat and root for Player One somemore.*

Player Two: *teleports back to the pvp hub in anger and a feeling of defeat, thinking about how blind Player One was to see how his method of winning ruins the point of pvp*

Welcome to PvP, where nothing is fair.
#nerfpvp
dude that is exactly how i feel. pvp is and has been since i started playing the game.
and that is just one way treasure cards ruin pvp. the other way treasure cards ruin pvp.
is that they break the barriers that serparate the classes. and make them unique

with their own style of play and strategy.i have always said that

healing

damage over time

huge burst damage

mid level damage with some life leach

stuns

removing buffs

and balance well i still don't know what roll was men't to be

each school is supposed to have its own unique strategy and style of play
if you want healing to be part of your strategy get a life wizard for your team

if you want stuns get an ice wizard if you want buff removal get a myth wizard

but every one else is always like trololololol why would any one want to do that when we can just use treasure cards daherpaderp your crazy bro no one wants fair pvp why play fair pvp when i can have the awsomness that is being over powered

but you know what i know for a fact that if pvp was fair ice would be number one in ranked pvp life would be number 2 death would be number 3 balance fire and storm would be the bottom 3

the top 3v3 team would be ice life myth
because what does that combo give you?

1 heals

2 stuns

3 buff removal

4 high defence

now dont get me wrong i'm not saying that some cards shouldn't be universal some cards are a must such as
Reshuffle but if it cant be taught by a schools teacher you have no business having the spell
any and all spells that learned for a school through a quest should be school specific

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
53
i always enjoying getting member and doing pvp and always love KI game but.
recently me or any of my friend been enjoying rank pvp.

me a lvl 62 balance warlord keep facing a lvl 96 captain!
i face 4 lvl 96,94 captain and 5 lvl 100 private with full hades gear!
and the most unfair part is, on all 9 matches ALL of them went first

i said this is so unfair, this is 48 lvl differences. he said well your a warlord
excuse me but i don't get extra health, or training pt,spell, or OP gear, unlike
some lvl 90-100 with hades MEGA critical and damage.

being warlord is just a title, only gear i used is warlord boot which give 5 extra resist.
idk about you but i pretty sure that 5 extra resist won't help against a max with 463 crit/ 87 damage

plz consider this KI

Hero
Sep 19, 2013
770
JohnRamCeu on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
i always enjoying getting member and doing pvp and always love KI game but.
recently me or any of my friend been enjoying rank pvp.

me a lvl 62 balance warlord keep facing a lvl 96 captain!
i face 4 lvl 96,94 captain and 5 lvl 100 private with full hades gear!
and the most unfair part is, on all 9 matches ALL of them went first

i said this is so unfair, this is 48 lvl differences. he said well your a warlord
excuse me but i don't get extra health, or training pt,spell, or OP gear, unlike
some lvl 90-100 with hades MEGA critical and damage.

being warlord is just a title, only gear i used is warlord boot which give 5 extra resist.
idk about you but i pretty sure that 5 extra resist won't help against a max with 463 crit/ 87 damage

plz consider this KI
Warlords are frequently matched up with higher level players because warlords are generally more skilled. Perhaps you could think about what you usually face, then make a new build to counter it.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
13
JohnRamCeu on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
i always enjoying getting member and doing pvp and always love KI game but.
recently me or any of my friend been enjoying rank pvp.

me a lvl 62 balance warlord keep facing a lvl 96 captain!
i face 4 lvl 96,94 captain and 5 lvl 100 private with full hades gear!
and the most unfair part is, on all 9 matches ALL of them went first

i said this is so unfair, this is 48 lvl differences. he said well your a warlord
excuse me but i don't get extra health, or training pt,spell, or OP gear, unlike
some lvl 90-100 with hades MEGA critical and damage.

being warlord is just a title, only gear i used is warlord boot which give 5 extra resist.
idk about you but i pretty sure that 5 extra resist won't help against a max with 463 crit/ 87 damage

plz consider this KI
um, well i kinda agree with you because i think thats is unfair cause a higher lvl wizards like over lvl 90-100 have OP damage, critical, and pirceing also they might have shadow magic with all those stats you can kinda see how a lower lvl wiz warlord would have a hard time beating max lvl.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2920
JohnRamCeu on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
i always enjoying getting member and doing pvp and always love KI game but.
recently me or any of my friend been enjoying rank pvp.

me a lvl 62 balance warlord keep facing a lvl 96 captain!
i face 4 lvl 96,94 captain and 5 lvl 100 private with full hades gear!
and the most unfair part is, on all 9 matches ALL of them went first

i said this is so unfair, this is 48 lvl differences. he said well your a warlord
excuse me but i don't get extra health, or training pt,spell, or OP gear, unlike
some lvl 90-100 with hades MEGA critical and damage.

being warlord is just a title, only gear i used is warlord boot which give 5 extra resist.
idk about you but i pretty sure that 5 extra resist won't help against a max with 463 crit/ 87 damage

plz consider this KI
if you are a midlevel warlord, the matching system assumes that you can handle the challenge and will pair you with promethean/exalted privates.

similarlly, my pyro veteran is level 34; nearly all of her opponents are level 50+, have twice her health, and can land critical hits that i have no way to block... but it's part of being a high-ranked magus. this is a wizard whose gear and strategy were specifically tailored for pvp, so (fortunately) i have reached a point that a grandmaster across the ring doesn't necessarily mean death by lucky crit.

based on the stats you provided, i'm willing to bet that your opponent was storm... as the owner of an exalted diviner, storm needs those numbers because they're so fragile defensively; your focus should be on wearing them down: wallpaper them with weakness and shield-stack, to cut their big hits down; use infections (so they can't effectively heal off your damage) and then, when you're sure you can one-shot your opponent, do it.

better luck next time~

-von
100 72 50 34 veteran

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
53
Robobot1747 on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
Warlords are frequently matched up with higher level players because warlords are generally more skilled. Perhaps you could think about what you usually face, then make a new build to counter it.
I tried that already. I always face higher lvl many are captain too, n with there OP critical n damage from hades, There isnt much available gear to counter it, even if there is, you cant really get good hit on that big health of theres.

KI just need to make lvl 90 n up in a different set of pvp where they dont face lower lvl n lower lvl dont face higher lvl!

Or KI Make it an option to do a lvl range pvp like it gave option to do skill range pvp! That be amazing for many of us who willing to wait to face people our lvl n not some one 40 lvl higher

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
53
Dr Von on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
if you are a midlevel warlord, the matching system assumes that you can handle the challenge and will pair you with promethean/exalted privates.

similarlly, my pyro veteran is level 34; nearly all of her opponents are level 50+, have twice her health, and can land critical hits that i have no way to block... but it's part of being a high-ranked magus. this is a wizard whose gear and strategy were specifically tailored for pvp, so (fortunately) i have reached a point that a grandmaster across the ring doesn't necessarily mean death by lucky crit.

based on the stats you provided, i'm willing to bet that your opponent was storm... as the owner of an exalted diviner, storm needs those numbers because they're so fragile defensively; your focus should be on wearing them down: wallpaper them with weakness and shield-stack, to cut their big hits down; use infections (so they can't effectively heal off your damage) and then, when you're sure you can one-shot your opponent, do it.

better luck next time~

-von
100 72 50 34 veteran
Yes i know what u mean, i have a warlord magus on another account, face lvl 50 almost every maych!
But that 20 lvl different n there spells n health n gear make it pretty fair in my oppion.

But lvl 90-100 facing lvl 60's, that's a little different. Storm with full hades gear. Have higher health then me, over 100 damage, resist many r 20's n many r 40's depending on which hades set they have. They spam attack low pips attack that is 2000! With crit, and when im fortune enough to live n try to attack they shield like spam tower! N i only hit 1000 out of there 3500 - 6000 health

I was like

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
7
Its really unfair that we high ranks have to deal with high lvl high ranks, I am Level 94 Ice and I mostly have to face lvl 100 knights or commanders and i am mostly second so i lost a lot of rank cause of that and the shadow magic they use in pvp is really annoying, So i would request KI to patch shadow magic out of pvp because it too over powered for pvp and all max levels do is just use low lvl spells, use enchants and shadow magic or critical and i am dead soon, Its really disappointing because of shadow magic in pvp.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
33
Robobot1747 on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
Warlords are frequently matched up with higher level players because warlords are generally more skilled. Perhaps you could think about what you usually face, then make a new build to counter it.
"more skilled"? Skill only helps so much against ridiculous critical and pierce.

On a different note DANG 48 level difference? That's insane, please look into this KI. Rating is just a number

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
16
agreed there difinitely needs to be a change in the matchmaking system

Survivor
Jan 21, 2010
19
I'm a level 50 2700 ice warlord and I've always faced wizards much 40+ levels higher then me. With the update to Kh part 2 they "claimed" to fix the match making with the "try all opponents" option. However it didn't help one bit; My opponents did not change and in fact I've been facing lvl 100's since. It is probably my rank, but still it puts me in a huge disadvantage.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
53
i know right.

it should give us option of lvl range opponent, instead of skills range.

because when the system force us to do skills range and we face lvl 100s with mega crit damage and pierce and health. the system is taking away our right and trying to rank us down!