Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP: No heals, or shields, more tickets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
12
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4933
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
LOL... not using shields or healing. Yeah, that's fair. If you don't like the way it's set up, don't play. It's optional and KI has shown that they have no real interest in fixing PvP at all.
By the way, Life doesn't "just heal." And not all Ice wizard spam Tower Shield. It depends on the wizard.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
22
I totally agree with you... No shields and heals in pvp would be such a good thing! I am trying to get the pvp dress and I am very annoyed that i am not getting enough tickets too. There should be no dispels either. Anyways, back to the tickets... That is a way better amount to get when you win and when you loose. Pvp is so annoying these days... Especially since I'm trying to get the dress. To add to your idea I think that you should be able to buy stuff by just having enough arena tickets... For example: I want the pvp dress and it is only commander and up... I'm only a private sadly and it's really hard to become a commander... Even though when you buy it you won't be able to wear it, you can just stitch it. These ideas will make more people enjoy and have fun in pvp... Please! Please! Please! Do these ideas! They will make such a difference to everyone!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
why not just make the rules that players can not attack you, shield, or do anything except sit there and let you defeat them? That is basically what you are asking for....

Sorry, but you are making a choice to play PvP and if you want to play PVP, then you have to accept the fact that your opponent can heal, shield, attack you, and do what it takes to win. You are facing another human opponent that is doing everything you can or could do to win.

To me, it seems like you want to win, but just cant, so instead of trying harder or getting better, you are here to ask that KI takes everything out and makes you win automatically?

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
496
Just put some resistance and healing boost cap. 70%. Fair enough, Ice and Life?

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
just because you aren't willing to use the resources available to you doesn't mean a spell is unfair. if anything, it's your strategy that needs fixing, young wizard.

-sergeant von

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
18
I disagree! Healing is strategy. Hate to break it to you but most of lifes cards are healing spells without them we would be useless. Ice doesnt always heal..... Plenty of people are a higher rank then private so that means its possible... Ok? You just need strategy healing and shielding IS fair.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
22
RavenLady777 on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
LOL... not using shields or healing. Yeah, that's fair. If you don't like the way it's set up, don't play. It's optional and KI has shown that they have no real interest in fixing PvP at all.
By the way, Life doesn't "just heal." And not all Ice wizard spam Tower Shield. It depends on the wizard.
Listen... You do have your opinion, but you keep on saying that KI isn't going to do the stuff... I don't think that's true. People can change their mind... This idea is a very good idea... It is not going to go to waste! It's kind of mean how you said it like: If you don't like the way it's set up, don't play... That's a little rude. Your a very nice person RavenLady777.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
KrisKris333 on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
Listen... You do have your opinion, but you keep on saying that KI isn't going to do the stuff... I don't think that's true. People can change their mind... This idea is a very good idea... It is not going to go to waste! It's kind of mean how you said it like: If you don't like the way it's set up, don't play... That's a little rude. Your a very nice person RavenLady777.
If KI listened to half of the complaints on the PVP message board, the only thing that would be allowed is the use of wands, so I disagree with your statement that It's a good Idea and KI might do this.... It's a little rude for you to say RavenLady is being rude, she is stating a specific fact, truth hurts, but it's not rude!

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
12
KrisKris333 on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
I totally agree with you... No shields and heals in pvp would be such a good thing! I am trying to get the pvp dress and I am very annoyed that i am not getting enough tickets too. There should be no dispels either. Anyways, back to the tickets... That is a way better amount to get when you win and when you loose. Pvp is so annoying these days... Especially since I'm trying to get the dress. To add to your idea I think that you should be able to buy stuff by just having enough arena tickets... For example: I want the pvp dress and it is only commander and up... I'm only a private sadly and it's really hard to become a commander... Even though when you buy it you won't be able to wear it, you can just stitch it. These ideas will make more people enjoy and have fun in pvp... Please! Please! Please! Do these ideas! They will make such a difference to everyone!
Thank you... Someone is actually intelligent here. O.o

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
12
Darth JT on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
why not just make the rules that players can not attack you, shield, or do anything except sit there and let you defeat them? That is basically what you are asking for....

Sorry, but you are making a choice to play PvP and if you want to play PVP, then you have to accept the fact that your opponent can heal, shield, attack you, and do what it takes to win. You are facing another human opponent that is doing everything you can or could do to win.

To me, it seems like you want to win, but just cant, so instead of trying harder or getting better, you are here to ask that KI takes everything out and makes you win automatically?
No one invited you to rag on my opinion. You have every right to say what you are saying. but what you are saying is merely based on non-facts. I can actually win, in fact I am a pvp Knight. This is not for me, this is for everyone that PVP's and loses to ices and lifes, that just shield and heal until you run out of cards. I have no problem with winning. Am I asking to take everything out of pvp? No I am not. I am trying to make a statement based on fact. My statement is that everyone does attack. Death's on the other-hand can attack and death shield. All they can do it use sacrifice unless they are half life. Every school has good attacks but, not every school is equivalent to each other. Ice: Has tower Life: Heals. It seems to me that you are just a life or ice and have no other way of winning but to tower shield or heal.

From,
Intelligence

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
12
Darth JT on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
If KI listened to half of the complaints on the PVP message board, the only thing that would be allowed is the use of wands, so I disagree with your statement that It's a good Idea and KI might do this.... It's a little rude for you to say RavenLady is being rude, she is stating a specific fact, truth hurts, but it's not rude!
Once again, false. Rethink your statements before you say them. This might hurt you because, it's the truth

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
12
RavenLady777 on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
LOL... not using shields or healing. Yeah, that's fair. If you don't like the way it's set up, don't play. It's optional and KI has shown that they have no real interest in fixing PvP at all.
By the way, Life doesn't "just heal." And not all Ice wizard spam Tower Shield. It depends on the wizard.
Actually, I believe I will play.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2012
3
RavenLady777 on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
LOL... not using shields or healing. Yeah, that's fair. If you don't like the way it's set up, don't play. It's optional and KI has shown that they have no real interest in fixing PvP at all.
By the way, Life doesn't "just heal." And not all Ice wizard spam Tower Shield. It depends on the wizard.
I think it's fair. I think this because even experts at pvp meet the most brutal shield and heal noobs. I myself have met many of them. So i think that this idea will prevent the shield and heal noob idea. I also think that you shouldn't be sassy and sarcastic with your opinions. If everyone acted like you did right then, we would all be acting like a bunch of rich snobs. You especially shouldn't tell someone not to play... it is just plain mean. And if I get mean comments and quotes back on this, I don't care, because I am not a person who likes to rain on someone's parade.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
poky222 on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
No one invited you to rag on my opinion. You have every right to say what you are saying. but what you are saying is merely based on non-facts. I can actually win, in fact I am a pvp Knight. This is not for me, this is for everyone that PVP's and loses to ices and lifes, that just shield and heal until you run out of cards. I have no problem with winning. Am I asking to take everything out of pvp? No I am not. I am trying to make a statement based on fact. My statement is that everyone does attack. Death's on the other-hand can attack and death shield. All they can do it use sacrifice unless they are half life. Every school has good attacks but, not every school is equivalent to each other. Ice: Has tower Life: Heals. It seems to me that you are just a life or ice and have no other way of winning but to tower shield or heal.

From,
Intelligence
Oh, so you figured out that all the schools are different from eachother?

Very good. Since the schools are not the same, each has strengths and each has weaknesses, I am not exactly sure how you can eliminate some of the strengths for some schools without doing the same to the other schools.

What you propose is not intelligent, it's unfair and biased to other schools.

Yes, I do have a life wizard and yes, I do have an Ice wizard, I also have a storm, fire, myth, and death wizard.
I was a warlord in all schools except life, I don't usually pvp with my life wizard. I can defeat any school with any school. It's strategy and being prepared that gets the wins, not complaining and proposing taking away school strengths without taking away your school strength.

You said you are trying to make a statement based on fact, what fact? The fact that not schools are equal and some schools are not as powerful but have good heals or good shields/resistance? Yet, because they dont have the power of other schools they should still lose the ability to heal and shield? So, if this is your suggestion, a new signature might be in order, cause Intelligence is not the word that comes to mind.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2012
6
i know it is annoying i took they guy to 100 health then he healed with sytar

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
523
LOL

"Anything I don't like is unfair and should be banned from PvP."

That about sum up your feelings?

Survivor
Oct 03, 2011
8
Yea, No! Pvp isn't anything without tickets, or even healing. Player Vrs Player isn't already allowed minions, but good job writing the article, Sorry, It wouldn't work :(


Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
12
Darth JT on May 11, 2013 wrote:
Oh, so you figured out that all the schools are different from eachother?

Very good. Since the schools are not the same, each has strengths and each has weaknesses, I am not exactly sure how you can eliminate some of the strengths for some schools without doing the same to the other schools.

What you propose is not intelligent, it's unfair and biased to other schools.

Yes, I do have a life wizard and yes, I do have an Ice wizard, I also have a storm, fire, myth, and death wizard.
I was a warlord in all schools except life, I don't usually pvp with my life wizard. I can defeat any school with any school. It's strategy and being prepared that gets the wins, not complaining and proposing taking away school strengths without taking away your school strength.

You said you are trying to make a statement based on fact, what fact? The fact that not schools are equal and some schools are not as powerful but have good heals or good shields/resistance? Yet, because they dont have the power of other schools they should still lose the ability to heal and shield? So, if this is your suggestion, a new signature might be in order, cause Intelligence is not the word that comes to mind.
This is not a bias statement and it is based on fact. Deaths get strong to late. 1-47 they are weak. It is simply unfair. Stop trying to say things that aren't true. Ice's have other moves as well as Life and not just heals and shields so I don't know how it is bias. This is idea would eliminate heals for every school and shields for every school. Don't quite see what you are struggling to understand. I also never said that resistance was a problem so stop taking words out of my mouth. It looks like the only one using intelligence is me. Pvp battles are simply to long. Looks like your peanut sized brain is failing once again. Stop trying to rationalize what you said.

p.s. All school can get heals and shields so now i'm struggling to see how it is bias.

From,
Intelligence

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
12
Darth JT on May 11, 2013 wrote:
Oh, so you figured out that all the schools are different from eachother?

Very good. Since the schools are not the same, each has strengths and each has weaknesses, I am not exactly sure how you can eliminate some of the strengths for some schools without doing the same to the other schools.

What you propose is not intelligent, it's unfair and biased to other schools.

Yes, I do have a life wizard and yes, I do have an Ice wizard, I also have a storm, fire, myth, and death wizard.
I was a warlord in all schools except life, I don't usually pvp with my life wizard. I can defeat any school with any school. It's strategy and being prepared that gets the wins, not complaining and proposing taking away school strengths without taking away your school strength.

You said you are trying to make a statement based on fact, what fact? The fact that not schools are equal and some schools are not as powerful but have good heals or good shields/resistance? Yet, because they dont have the power of other schools they should still lose the ability to heal and shield? So, if this is your suggestion, a new signature might be in order, cause Intelligence is not the word that comes to mind.
Listen Bub,

I also suggested more tickets per win and no one has ever said anything about that soooooooo...... There could be a separate pvp tab that is no heals or shields and plus you are just wrong. There is no other way of saying it other then your wrong. You think you know exactly what you are talking about. But, in-reality you spew garbage that is just false. If you want to be a lawyer you will have serious issues. Lawyers actually base there arguments on facts rather then opinions. Yet, you sadly still think you are correct.

From,
Intelligence

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
22
Darth JT on May 11, 2013 wrote:
Oh, so you figured out that all the schools are different from eachother?

Very good. Since the schools are not the same, each has strengths and each has weaknesses, I am not exactly sure how you can eliminate some of the strengths for some schools without doing the same to the other schools.

What you propose is not intelligent, it's unfair and biased to other schools.

Yes, I do have a life wizard and yes, I do have an Ice wizard, I also have a storm, fire, myth, and death wizard.
I was a warlord in all schools except life, I don't usually pvp with my life wizard. I can defeat any school with any school. It's strategy and being prepared that gets the wins, not complaining and proposing taking away school strengths without taking away your school strength.

You said you are trying to make a statement based on fact, what fact? The fact that not schools are equal and some schools are not as powerful but have good heals or good shields/resistance? Yet, because they dont have the power of other schools they should still lose the ability to heal and shield? So, if this is your suggestion, a new signature might be in order, cause Intelligence is not the word that comes to mind.
Listen bub!... You're saying that Poky222 is saying that she is asking to take away resist too... I have no idea where that came from honestly. And yes she is stating a statment on facts not fact... Proper grammar please!.... Plus every school can get heals by getting training points even if they're not life so you're very wrong on that... Also, every school has shields... Again, you're very wrong. And intelligence should come to your mind... well if you had one it would. You are saying garbage that Poky222 didn't even say in her statement and not only that but just other garbage too... And no one even said anything about raising the number of tickets you get so basically you are just plain wrong and false.. That's all I can describe of you is wrong and false because it's written all over you.

From,
Intelligence

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
So, what it boils down to is this: You want the Commander dress so badly, that you want KI to change the game to accommodate you. Plus, you want them to adopt the no heal/shield so you can become Warlord that much faster, because you think you can win more.

So, if there aren't any heal or shields, does that mean (since you're Death), that you can't cast Vampire, Scarecrow, Wraith, etc, because that would be considered 'healing' and you would automatically lose?

Earning rewards takes time, effort, skill, and strategy, not something that can be handed to you on a silver platter.

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
poky222 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
This is not a bias statement and it is based on fact. Deaths get strong to late. 1-47 they are weak. It is simply unfair. Stop trying to say things that aren't true. Ice's have other moves as well as Life and not just heals and shields so I don't know how it is bias. This is idea would eliminate heals for every school and shields for every school. Don't quite see what you are struggling to understand. I also never said that resistance was a problem so stop taking words out of my mouth. It looks like the only one using intelligence is me. Pvp battles are simply to long. Looks like your peanut sized brain is failing once again. Stop trying to rationalize what you said.

p.s. All school can get heals and shields so now i'm struggling to see how it is bias.

From,
Intelligence
Death has always been a strong school and is easy to solo the game with. I've done just fine in PvP with my Death. I don't sit there and use Sacrifice either, which isn't the smartest strategy for PvP.

Being biased about Life and Ice schools, shouldn't mean that the whole system should be changed to accommodate those who can't use strategy or skill.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
12
KrisKris333 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Listen bub!... You're saying that Poky222 is saying that she is asking to take away resist too... I have no idea where that came from honestly. And yes she is stating a statment on facts not fact... Proper grammar please!.... Plus every school can get heals by getting training points even if they're not life so you're very wrong on that... Also, every school has shields... Again, you're very wrong. And intelligence should come to your mind... well if you had one it would. You are saying garbage that Poky222 didn't even say in her statement and not only that but just other garbage too... And no one even said anything about raising the number of tickets you get so basically you are just plain wrong and false.. That's all I can describe of you is wrong and false because it's written all over you.

From,
Intelligence
thank you.... Hard to find some intelligence in this world sometimes....

Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
poky222 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Listen Bub,

I also suggested more tickets per win and no one has ever said anything about that soooooooo...... There could be a separate pvp tab that is no heals or shields and plus you are just wrong. There is no other way of saying it other then your wrong. You think you know exactly what you are talking about. But, in-reality you spew garbage that is just false. If you want to be a lawyer you will have serious issues. Lawyers actually base there arguments on facts rather then opinions. Yet, you sadly still think you are correct.

From,
Intelligence
Probably because no one is disagreeing with the ticket idea.

What most of your original post stated, is based on no heals/shields and those that use it should automatically lose, because you want your Commander dress and Warlord status.

What DarthJT said is not wrong. What (if anything) do you feel is false? His statements ring true. What are the facts to back up your accusations? Nothing.

Life is known for their heals (fact). Ice is known for their health, tower shield, and resist (fact). Each school has their strengths and weaknesses. That's what makes them unique. Just because someone can't figure out ways around a school's strength, doesn't mean it should be taken away from them for the sake of getting tickets so they can get the outfit and rank they want that much sooner. It has to be earned, just like everything else in the game and in real life.

In this day and age, where there is Jade gear, uber pets, and massive healing boosts for everyone, I believe the entire topic is moot.