Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP: No heals, or shields, more tickets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 15, 2012
18
Ok so based on my understanding you claim to have your opinion supported by fact as to why there should be no healing and shielding, yet you do not take in to account how a life wizard or death for that matter would feel. I am a Legendary, and I for one oppose this suggestion entirely. Can you even list a single positive benefit from this outrageous proposal of yours, oh wait of course you can...life would be easier to defeat because they don't have their amazing healing abilities or shields and since they already have weak attack people like me could win more easily. I can't believe this topic is real....what lunacy possessed you to create such a thing as get rid of healing and shielding, healing is what we life do if you can't except that then don't even look in the direction of the arena, even better don't take another step in unicorn way ever again that way the idiotic ideas from people like you won't spread to the young minds of the novice wizards who are happily fighting lost souls. How selfish and inconsiderate of you. also if you need a "lacky" to back you up can you at least both come up with a good reason to support this claim, because I haven't seen one yet, also name-calling is really low and childish, next time you feel that your character or your "supported opinions" are being attacked try to better express your self in a respectable manner. I have diagnosed this patient and I am calling it a serious case of selfishness and immaturity good day.

David Willow breeze, level 68 legendary

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
169
Darth JT on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
why not just make the rules that players can not attack you, shield, or do anything except sit there and let you defeat them? That is basically what you are asking for....

Sorry, but you are making a choice to play PvP and if you want to play PVP, then you have to accept the fact that your opponent can heal, shield, attack you, and do what it takes to win. You are facing another human opponent that is doing everything you can or could do to win.

To me, it seems like you want to win, but just cant, so instead of trying harder or getting better, you are here to ask that KI takes everything out and makes you win automatically?
You took the words out of my mouth.

This would make storm and fire auto win schools, then you would be complaining for shields and heals back.

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
14
Adding more tickets to a win or loss wouldn't really help the PvP problems, because people would 'rank down' more to get the gear. And it'd add more of an incentive for lower level wizards to so called 'treasure card spam' to get more tickets faster, and then we'd have that issue much more worse then we have it now. I say keep the tickets the same, to prevent people 'ranking down' as much and not having a 'tc spammer' overload.

And with banning shields and heals, come on that is just foolish. For the first thing, yeah it's more challenging, and that's what it's supposed to be. PvP is 'player versus player' to show strength in battle, not losing automatically for healing. What's the challenge in PvP if you can't heal or shield? There is none. And also that would make the schools that did more damage 'over powered' in PvP. And pets heal as well, it's not like we're telling them to. So we'd lose for a pet casting fairy or unicorn or sprite?

Using heals and shields is part of the game. Enemies use it in quests, and we do as well. What is the point of doing a player versus player match without any way to defend yourself. I can't stand it when people get like this and say, "let's ban this cause i keep losing." That's not fair, not the shields and heals, that people want to ban things like that. It'd make all schools unbalanced, and unfair. Sorry if that last paragraph was taken as offensive, but it's just frustrating that people are blaming losses on crowns items, or resist, or shields.

Yeah I think TC spammers are unfair, but I am not blaming them on my losses. Thanks for reading.

Madison NightStone level 88

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
305
I even disagree with more tickets because you have to work super super hard for things.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
critical death on Jul 28, 2013 wrote:
I even disagree with more tickets because you have to work super super hard for things.
It's really not even that difficult to get tickets as it is; one of my characters has 19 wins and no losses, and 256 tickets just from that.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
94
Really? Like seriously, healing and shielding is a part of the game. Taking them out, would just make the game, hit, get hit, hit, win, or at times lose, it would take the ENTIRE strategy out of the game, and matches.

Robert Angleblade
Grandmaster Theurgist

Survivor
May 21, 2013
43
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
worst idea ever i don't know what came across your mind but this is just plain rediculous, pvp ISN'T about hitting and hitting till the enemy dies it's about using your skills to outsmart your opponent. this one of the most idiotic comments i ever heard. people like you shouldn't make comments like this. the ticket thing is good but not that great. PVP is about strategy that's what makes it FUN you can't just expect to walk in the arena and just win can you? no you got to EARN IT and whining to KI is not gonna fix anything. and plus death wouldn't get much out of it and this would give storm and fire the greatest advantage healing and shielding is strategy and so be it i never heard such a selfish topic like this. the only reason you want this change is so YOU can get to warlord and get the pvp commander dress. KI isn't gonna change it just because you're too lazy to work for the title and for the robe. do some practice pvp so you can learn how things work then do ranked pvp when you finally realize that people need healing and shielding.and this is not intellegent at all it is just an excuse to make it easier for you to win in pvp if you don't like it then just quit the game and never come back you'll do some people a favour. get this through your tiny brain (Blaze moonmender promethean Blaze ravenmender level 64)

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
6
Well they're both sides to this argument what about changing the whole game we could add a game mode of some type? Like when you make a match you have a option saying No Heals Allowed and No Shields Allowed. So you can switch it from heals allowed but no shields allowed vice versa. That way people who want to play with heals can make it Heals Allowed and people who don't want heals can put No Heals Allowed. So people won't start up roaring about heals and shields banned. Trust me I have a Life wizard and for me it would be a difficult change for me since I am a life therefor I rely or have most cards as heals (But I don't spam them on my self, that's a good way losing important cards when you need them.)

I know it's hard with life and ice wizards using their shields and heals but that what makes them vital to the team! Without Ice who would defend your storm wizards? Without Life who would heal fire wizards? When I would play on my storm I would often liked to have a Life or Ice with me on the team so I won't die so fast. If you still feel it's unfair then join them! Make some alts, and see how Life wizards don't have as much attack cards as healing cards. How Ice's cards don't have as much is Storm's or even Death's attack power! It's unfair to Death wizards you say but you know what makes them special? They can attack and heal themselves in one card!

Explorer
Mar 17, 2012
67
What do you think a life wizard is supposed to do in pvp. and btw im sure you would rather shield and heal than die and possibly down rank if you are in a ranked match.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
love the idea since it makes ice and storm always win lol

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
82
No offense but this is a very bad idea. Banning these is like banning steal spells or overtime spells or banning feints or double hit spells. Shields are ice and balance's specialty and healing is life. If you take it away, then it is only fair to ban every other specialty to all the schools. I think that people who don't heal too much that are not life should earn more tickets. Those who don't use shields that are not balance or ice get extra.

Amber Rainbowstone - - level 64

Sierra Hex - - level 33

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
Heals and shields are a big part of pvp and definitely should be kept in pvp.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
17
poky222 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
This is not a bias statement and it is based on fact. Deaths get strong to late. 1-47 they are weak. It is simply unfair. Stop trying to say things that aren't true. Ice's have other moves as well as Life and not just heals and shields so I don't know how it is bias. This is idea would eliminate heals for every school and shields for every school. Don't quite see what you are struggling to understand. I also never said that resistance was a problem so stop taking words out of my mouth. It looks like the only one using intelligence is me. Pvp battles are simply to long. Looks like your peanut sized brain is failing once again. Stop trying to rationalize what you said.

p.s. All school can get heals and shields so now i'm struggling to see how it is bias.

From,
Intelligence
I would like to adress a few things here.
1: You say you are not biased. If you want to take away Life's heals, and Ice's shields, then you'd have to take away Death's drains as well in order to keep it fair. Nerf everybody, or don't nerf anyone.

2: Death does not get strong late. I have a level 35 Death Warlord, and I only started playing PvP four days ago. It's possible, and not hard at all. Nearly all of my ranked matches have been 1v1, and I have done three tourneys along the way. Death is weak in PvE without Scarecrow, yes, but they already have most of their strengths for PvP by level 35. If you find the Death playstyle at that level hard, then level up some, or don't use a death wizard.

3: Yes, Ice has other moves. So does life. But, the entire point of being a life wizard is being able to heal. If it was Life wizard vs. Storm wizard, equal level, skill, and gear bonuses, no heals or shields, there could only be one outcome. The storm wizard would win every time. What you are asking would make PvP completely impossible for said schools.

4: Others are using intelligence. Intelligence to keep things balanced. If a game is unbalanced, then it is severely crippled.

5: You say pvp battles are too long. They already nerfed shuffle, so either be more patient, or do lower lvl PvP. Trust me, it's faster.

Every school has a specialty and a disadvantage, they are as follows:

Balance: Support, jack-of-all-trades.
Life: Heals, weak attacks
Death: Drains and debuffs, but fairly low stats
Myth: Minions, stuns, and two-hit attacks, to efficiently get around shields, fairly low stats.
Ice: Shields, resist, and high health, but low attack.
Fire: High damage, however it takes time, and only moderate stats.
Storm: High damage, low accuracy, and very low health.

If you took away the advantages from one, you'd have to take away all of them, or the debuffed schools would have no chance. Are you saying you want the advantages removed from everyone? Because there's no way it's remotely fair to take away some people's power and not others. In order for this to be fair:
Death: Minus all drains, Doom, all debuffs, and feint.
Life: No heals
Myth: No minions, or any spell that does stun or two hits.
Balance: No blades except balanceblade, no Hands spells, no buffs or debuffs.
Storm: All damage nerfed.
Fire: No spells with DoT, or any kind of debuff.
Ice: No shields of any kind.

At this point everybody might as well be the same school. Is this what you want?

I have been logical throughout this post, and I defy you to find a legitimate flaw in my reasoning.

Ps, if you don't like heals, use Doom and Gloom. And poison for shields.
Charles the Healer, Lvl 85 , Lvl 35 Warlord.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
403
Oh Diego the Duelist this is insane! I am completely trying to find out where to start.

First off, no heals or shields? I see no positive in this. Tell me that you have never healed or shielded in pvp. You might say you never, but I would think twice about that.

Kingsisle won't just take away two of the major aspects of the game to tailor your pvp style, I bet all my gold that is spam pvp style. You did say you were speaking for the other wizards.... Well, I have never seen anyone complain and demanded pvp be nerfed to shreds with all this nonsense.

So we should ban heals and shields, what about enchantments, auras, resist, boost, critical, critical block, power pips, blades, traps, and all attacks over rank 6. Would this make you happy? Now i'm scared that that poor sap out there will love this idea arguing this would make it just pure skill, no fancy stuff like boost and resist.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
i have seen many more posts like this they want pvp to be about the gear and who fizzles more no strategy cause they are not smart enough to handle it

Survivor
Nov 02, 2012
14
poky222 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
This is not a bias statement and it is based on fact. Deaths get strong to late. 1-47 they are weak. It is simply unfair. Stop trying to say things that aren't true. Ice's have other moves as well as Life and not just heals and shields so I don't know how it is bias. This is idea would eliminate heals for every school and shields for every school. Don't quite see what you are struggling to understand. I also never said that resistance was a problem so stop taking words out of my mouth. It looks like the only one using intelligence is me. Pvp battles are simply to long. Looks like your peanut sized brain is failing once again. Stop trying to rationalize what you said.

p.s. All school can get heals and shields so now i'm struggling to see how it is bias.

From,
Intelligence
Seriously I'm a death wizard, removing healing and/or shields ruins the entire basis of PvP.

Valdis level 39

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
103
Hi there.

I seen trough this pass few years of this posts that argue about crowns gear and better spells but i see it this way.
PVP is matter of who has better wand, robe, boots, resist, block everything even strategy try to imagine real fight on one side young kid on other side veteran in battles kid just started to play fighting doesnt even know what to wear how to hit with sword but veteran was in his shoes once long time ago but veteran learned on all mistakes of course veteran would win cause he is better in all above what i want to say is learn from mistakes with practice makes you better. I can't imagine that someone without fighting skills comes to few matchs and after few moments say "Well i can't beat them i need to write something on message boards" that exact person have set in mind "I give up" its simple they will say no but deep inside they know it. One advice from my exp. is "Press Your Teeth And Just Keep Going! Don't Give Up!". Train your pet, find all gear that suits you, find your set of strategy and you will become killer in PVP. I know is like "Easy to say then to do" but you have to if you like this game and joy of expressing your strategy to persons across world. I wish to all of you good hunting cause destiny changes each minute.

Michael BlueBright, Myth Conjurer, Level 90, Technomancer
"Let the force be with you all"

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
84
KrisKris333 on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
I totally agree with you... No shields and heals in pvp would be such a good thing! I am trying to get the pvp dress and I am very annoyed that i am not getting enough tickets too. There should be no dispels either. Anyways, back to the tickets... That is a way better amount to get when you win and when you loose. Pvp is so annoying these days... Especially since I'm trying to get the dress. To add to your idea I think that you should be able to buy stuff by just having enough arena tickets... For example: I want the pvp dress and it is only commander and up... I'm only a private sadly and it's really hard to become a commander... Even though when you buy it you won't be able to wear it, you can just stitch it. These ideas will make more people enjoy and have fun in pvp... Please! Please! Please! Do these ideas! They will make such a difference to everyone!
Please read what raven lady said.
It basically covers all I was thinking to say.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
84
KrisKris333 on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
Listen... You do have your opinion, but you keep on saying that KI isn't going to do the stuff... I don't think that's true. People can change their mind... This idea is a very good idea... It is not going to go to waste! It's kind of mean how you said it like: If you don't like the way it's set up, don't play... That's a little rude. Your a very nice person RavenLady777.
it was the truth raven lady said, optional, not required.

The only reason some people do it is to get armor or wands with the tickets.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
84
poky222 on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
No one invited you to rag on my opinion. You have every right to say what you are saying. but what you are saying is merely based on non-facts. I can actually win, in fact I am a pvp Knight. This is not for me, this is for everyone that PVP's and loses to ices and lifes, that just shield and heal until you run out of cards. I have no problem with winning. Am I asking to take everything out of pvp? No I am not. I am trying to make a statement based on fact. My statement is that everyone does attack. Death's on the other-hand can attack and death shield. All they can do it use sacrifice unless they are half life. Every school has good attacks but, not every school is equivalent to each other. Ice: Has tower Life: Heals. It seems to me that you are just a life or ice and have no other way of winning but to tower shield or heal.

From,
Intelligence
Uh, why dont you get a bigger deck or a couple reshuffles?

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
84
poky222 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Listen Bub,

I also suggested more tickets per win and no one has ever said anything about that soooooooo...... There could be a separate pvp tab that is no heals or shields and plus you are just wrong. There is no other way of saying it other then your wrong. You think you know exactly what you are talking about. But, in-reality you spew garbage that is just false. If you want to be a lawyer you will have serious issues. Lawyers actually base there arguments on facts rather then opinions. Yet, you sadly still think you are correct.

From,
Intelligence
Got a point with tickets, yet you dont.
The small amounts when you lose or the as i see it good amounts for when you win make you have to get better and shewder at what your styles are. You may be think why i said styles, everyone needs to develop several styles to win and when to shift gears and why. Like a life vs death, dont wanna use death because of natural resistance, but he would expect life, so mix it up, go on a confusing style to really make them think then shift gears to something most effective at that point.

Back to the real thing, the more arena tickets would be cool but the prices on pvp gear would have to be raised too.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
253
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
What you're saying demeans the strengths of both Life and Ice, if you used healing and shields I bet you wouldn't be complaining. Or maybe you would say 'Everyone but me should lose if they cast these.'

I think you're just upset you keep losing to these spells in pvp. And don't want to actually develop a strategy for dealing with it.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
253
poky222 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
This is not a bias statement and it is based on fact. Deaths get strong to late. 1-47 they are weak. It is simply unfair. Stop trying to say things that aren't true. Ice's have other moves as well as Life and not just heals and shields so I don't know how it is bias. This is idea would eliminate heals for every school and shields for every school. Don't quite see what you are struggling to understand. I also never said that resistance was a problem so stop taking words out of my mouth. It looks like the only one using intelligence is me. Pvp battles are simply to long. Looks like your peanut sized brain is failing once again. Stop trying to rationalize what you said.

p.s. All school can get heals and shields so now i'm struggling to see how it is bias.

From,
Intelligence
Try to get people on your side, say they have a peanut-sized brain, good thinking.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
253
poky222 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
thank you.... Hard to find some intelligence in this world sometimes....
What's worse, the fact that this guy is so mean? Or you are 100% percent in support of him? I can't believe you, or your idea.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
5
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
that lifee represents my school and your crazy i need to heal and shield for my safety