Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP: No heals, or shields, more tickets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 19, 2013
1
Darth JT on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
If KI listened to half of the complaints on the PVP message board, the only thing that would be allowed is the use of wands, so I disagree with your statement that It's a good Idea and KI might do this.... It's a little rude for you to say RavenLady is being rude, she is stating a specific fact, truth hurts, but it's not rude!
The first sentence in your statement is pure GOLD!!! Keep up the awesome posts

AlexisDreamRider

Survivor
Dec 12, 2012
7
um lol no shields and healing are just part of the game if people don't shield or heal then the person to go first would have a huge advantage, plus if you hate it when they shield then you shield trust me they hate it just as much as you just because you loose does not mean that its unfair they probably juat have a better strategy than you. there are also ways to deal with shields buy tc shatter for one, a pet with the ability pierce is aso an option, for the heals you can get infectiong as a spell in nightshade death tree

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
253
I know! I'll make a pro cons list about the whole shields and heal thing!

cons: What happens when Balance wizards cast Sabertooth? Even if they cast it mostly for damage I don't they'll be happy to not use it anymore. What about minions? You can't control what they cast! This idea takes away some of Life's and Ice's biggest assets. And this idea takes away the strategic edge of pvp, enemies in Wizard101 aren't very strategic, and I look forward to pitting my wits against a fellow human.

Pros: ...

What do you guys think? Did I miss anything? Not you Poky, I can guess what you're gonna say, I read your replies.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2013
3
This is simply sad, especially the part where he calls himself "intelligence."

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
253
Are you nuts?! If you're really death, just use Infection or Doom and Gloom! Death has the unique ability to lessen the amount healed! Just use that and stop complaining. Also, just use wand spells and take out those shields. PvP is about strategy, not hitting and hitting and hitting.

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
159
intelligence... wheeew. if nothing else poky222, count the number of people for your idea and the ones against.
you are asking KI to take life AND ice out of pvp, and you say "intelligence"? let's all be honest here, life and ice get the smallest damage/pip ratio IN THE GAME!! so without their tools (shields & heals) how would they win? heals & shields were never the problem, ever. idk what else to say.

from,
Teh_Authentic_Intelligence
[AKA]
Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord

Defender
Aug 26, 2011
159
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
one thing i wanted to add was this:
you are literally posting this idea so YOU can become warlord, then get the commander dress, that's it. let me give you a "fact" here: "For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress."
also, "wizrad101"? never heard of it.

some fun poky222 quotes for you all, she never fails to make me laugh, even though she does fail at "intelligence"

Gabriel Ashcaller level 76 warlord

Survivor
Jul 22, 2011
20
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
There are sooooooooo many things wrong with this---
1st of all- life is mostly healing, when you get to level 33 in life, the centaur is the last attack you will
get until level 58! the rest will just be dryad-sanctuary-rebirth-and the wintertusk healingboost blade

2nd----if there were no shields every single pvp battle would go like this:

-attack
-attack
-wand attack
-pass
-trap, blade, etc.
-attack
-and you get the point from there on

Angel Cloud---

Survivor
Dec 07, 2011
4
Darth JT on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
why not just make the rules that players can not attack you, shield, or do anything except sit there and let you defeat them? That is basically what you are asking for....

Sorry, but you are making a choice to play PvP and if you want to play PVP, then you have to accept the fact that your opponent can heal, shield, attack you, and do what it takes to win. You are facing another human opponent that is doing everything you can or could do to win.

To me, it seems like you want to win, but just cant, so instead of trying harder or getting better, you are here to ask that KI takes everything out and makes you win automatically?
I very so agree with you, but I think healing, shielding, and balding should have a max of 20 in one pvp battle, I think thats good =)


Explorer
Sep 11, 2012
50
Kaitlyn Boomvault on Oct 11, 2013 wrote:
I very so agree with you, but I think healing, shielding, and balding should have a max of 20 in one pvp battle, I think thats good =)

Nope, that's almost as bad as Poky222's idea.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2013
9
What you are implying is that in PVP you not only want them to take away 60% of what the life school is about, you also want them to take away 25% of what the ice school is too? And the reason behind this is all just for more points to get a robe for you. I am a life school player and I can tell you that a good percentage of my deck is heals, so then we would have a limited deck just with few attacks and shields while the other schools have many attacks to choose from. You also say that you are death school, but if we were to do this we would be hurting death because death contains hitting and healing spells combined. Next time you do post a thread please consider the other schools and how it would have such a big impact on us just so you could get your tickets to buy things.
PVP is suppose to be a challenge and if you don't like it don't play the game.
Kaitlyn Goldenhorn (Level 47, Master gardener)

Survivor
Oct 18, 2013
3
I disagree with eliminating the usage of healing spells from PvP; doing so would simply nullify the usefulness of theurgists. Additionally, shields are vital for defending oneself from inexorably strong spells and eliminating their usage in PvP would turn battles into a race for pips, as whoever could cast the mightier spells and dish out the damage first would have the upper hand.

As for the amount of Arena Tickets, I would support receiving more, especially for protracted battles between two skilled players. Gear has always been especially important, and currently I don't have the gear to be especially competitive in PvP and ascend to the higher ranks. The faster I can buy the gear I need to perform well in PvP, the better.

Survivor
May 26, 2012
33
I would understand taking away healing, but shielding? I am an ice wizard and love the school, but without shields I will lose worst than I already do.

Survivor
May 26, 2012
33
RavenLady777 on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
LOL... not using shields or healing. Yeah, that's fair. If you don't like the way it's set up, don't play. It's optional and KI has shown that they have no real interest in fixing PvP at all.
By the way, Life doesn't "just heal." And not all Ice wizard spam Tower Shield. It depends on the wizard.
Personally, I use buffs and tower shields. I spam a little at the start though...

Survivor
Nov 16, 2013
4
It is just a strategy. You would probably do the same thing if you are trying to get the gear.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
Yes...Because if you take away the entire strategy and the only way for 2 schools to win, more people are definitely going to pvp. -.-

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
212
Let's get this straight... You want to get rid of life and ice's strategy, so you can get to the Warlord rank, and so you can get a robe thatcan't even be worn outside of pvp? Have you thought of how this would affect everyone's playing style, especially life and ice's? No, because all you have been thinking about was yourself and that commander robe. Don't you realize that a life wizard's attack spells are super limited and how weak ice's attacks are, they are super dependent on resist and shields. If we did get rid of healing spells, then death and fire would be the only schools that can boost their health. Why don't we just get rid drain spells, because they're annoying, i'd love that. Then, it'll be all fair. No heals, no shields, no drains, no link. How would you like that, Miss Intelligence.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 63 theurgist

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
Vanessa891011 on Jan 26, 2014 wrote:
Let's get this straight... You want to get rid of life and ice's strategy, so you can get to the Warlord rank, and so you can get a robe thatcan't even be worn outside of pvp? Have you thought of how this would affect everyone's playing style, especially life and ice's? No, because all you have been thinking about was yourself and that commander robe. Don't you realize that a life wizard's attack spells are super limited and how weak ice's attacks are, they are super dependent on resist and shields. If we did get rid of healing spells, then death and fire would be the only schools that can boost their health. Why don't we just get rid drain spells, because they're annoying, i'd love that. Then, it'll be all fair. No heals, no shields, no drains, no link. How would you like that, Miss Intelligence.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 63 theurgist
Resist isn't very much of a factor in max level pvp because of shadow shrike, anyway. Ice is already underpowered. Adding on to my previous post, kingsisle would lose money if this happened, because a large part of the strategy of pvp would be taken away, and many people would quit. The original poster's idea will never happen, thankfully.

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
318
Aaron SpellThief on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
Resist isn't very much of a factor in max level pvp because of shadow shrike, anyway. Ice is already underpowered. Adding on to my previous post, kingsisle would lose money if this happened, because a large part of the strategy of pvp would be taken away, and many people would quit. The original poster's idea will never happen, thankfully.
Ice isn't underpowered nor overpowered. Their powerful blades and bubble still help them generate powerful hits while still maintaining very high health and resist. Shadow shrike does cut a large portion of ice's resist but through a tower shield the ice's resist is still safe. Shrike being used against a storm with a tower shield will cut the tower shield and the storm will only have his/her tiny resist left to protect them form the attack unlike ice.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
66
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
I disagree with you. Shielding is the way to help avoid getting hit by a big attack that would otherwise kill you, and healing helps you get back on your feet.

A counter to heals and shields are shatter(or pierce or steal ward) and doom and gloom(or infection). You might want to invest in a mc pierce or mc shatter pet if it's really that big of a problem for you.

PS against most of my opponents, with infection and doom combined, satyr only heals for 100 xD

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
stormninja542 on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
Ice isn't underpowered nor overpowered. Their powerful blades and bubble still help them generate powerful hits while still maintaining very high health and resist. Shadow shrike does cut a large portion of ice's resist but through a tower shield the ice's resist is still safe. Shrike being used against a storm with a tower shield will cut the tower shield and the storm will only have his/her tiny resist left to protect them form the attack unlike ice.
Ice can only kill opponents if they can blade many times, because their damage is so low. Ice can now be killed in 5 turns often because of insane critical, shrike, damage, and piercing. Ice cannot do enough damage quick enough to defeat these builds, even with attack gear, so it is now extremely underpowered.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
52
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
I just..
no..
goodbye..

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
11
Dude. Life's are considered one of the worst schools. We can't do much awesome things like a banshee or phoniex. We have ton use animals and nature. You are a death. A life is easy to beat. We can heal. So can you. So stop complaining and get your butt to the bazzar to buy some healing spells. Most healing spells take up 2 pips. 2 Pips! So to cast a high lvl spell you have to ignore your health bar completely and suck up the fact you'll have to use this spell and gather more health after the battle. Seraph is like one of the only good life cards. We can heal over time, but a fire elf can kill over time. Theurgists rock, but we get high percentage because some of our cards suck.

(No offense to other life's. I love healing and Nature.)

~Sisterhood of Life~

Survivor
Jan 19, 2012
13
RavenLady777 on Apr 1, 2013 wrote:
LOL... not using shields or healing. Yeah, that's fair. If you don't like the way it's set up, don't play. It's optional and KI has shown that they have no real interest in fixing PvP at all.
By the way, Life doesn't "just heal." And not all Ice wizard spam Tower Shield. It depends on the wizard.
I strongly agree no shields or heals eh? and what about blade spamming damage mounding critical monsters like storms fire or even balances and what about pet heals or shields? all that time and effort to get the perfect healing pet? Further more what just stated is incredibly selfish so I? Can get to warlord? Geez and finally what about blade stacking pvpers? 40%+45%+35%+40%+ infallible there went any gear resistance it would totally make PvP about who can attack first and who goes first would 9\10 would win this is a horrible idea

Blaze deathbringer lvl 45 warlord

Survivor
Jan 19, 2012
13
Malt22 on May 11, 2013 wrote:
LOL

"Anything I don't like is unfair and should be banned from PvP."

That about sum up your feelings?
Kinda pathetic dude this is a game for everyone not let's play god if you wanna rule the world play Sims.