Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP: No heals, or shields, more tickets

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Oct 22, 2011
1073
KrisKris333 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Listen bub!... You're saying that Poky222 is saying that she is asking to take away resist too... I have no idea where that came from honestly. And yes she is stating a statment on facts not fact... Proper grammar please!.... Plus every school can get heals by getting training points even if they're not life so you're very wrong on that... Also, every school has shields... Again, you're very wrong. And intelligence should come to your mind... well if you had one it would. You are saying garbage that Poky222 didn't even say in her statement and not only that but just other garbage too... And no one even said anything about raising the number of tickets you get so basically you are just plain wrong and false.. That's all I can describe of you is wrong and false because it's written all over you.

From,
Intelligence
You've been outted. Must be nice to back up your own posts, huh?

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
523
I have to agree with DarthJT. The original post is far from being intelligent. Original poster needs a different name.

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
91
ok i really gotta disagree with this topic right now and i agree with DarthJT. I mean what is the fun of pvp if you can't make it a challenge and plus, what if people wanted to play a practice match with their friends and they couldn't heal or shield? because in pvp ranked pvp and practice pvp are exactly the same except in practice you get to make a match and choose what lvl you wanna fight and you don't get tickets or rank up. pvp isn't just about attacking and killing it's about not getting killed. and plus, it's just a game pvp isn't everything pvp is suppose to be fun so those ideas of removing all this is making pvp lame. I mean, who wants to blade up waiting for an attack when they are about to get killed next round because they are leaving themselves vulnerable and easily get's killed what's the fun in that like i said, wizard101 is fun and pvp isn't a contest or anything, it's just a place to fight against other wizards to test out your strength,get better at the game,and buy some cool gear from diego with the tickets you earned. (Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2081
KrisKris333 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Listen bub!... You're saying that Poky222 is saying that she is asking to take away resist too... I have no idea where that came from honestly. And yes she is stating a statment on facts not fact... Proper grammar please!.... Plus every school can get heals by getting training points even if they're not life so you're very wrong on that... Also, every school has shields... Again, you're very wrong. And intelligence should come to your mind... well if you had one it would. You are saying garbage that Poky222 didn't even say in her statement and not only that but just other garbage too... And no one even said anything about raising the number of tickets you get so basically you are just plain wrong and false.. That's all I can describe of you is wrong and false because it's written all over you.

From,
Intelligence
Okay, first off: Fact Poky222 and Happurp are the same person!
Secondly, that's just too funny.
Third, Why does this person only want death to be able to attack and heal and not allow any other school to heal? Also not allow shields so that death has the major advantage. Hmmm, sounds like someone has a death wizard but has no idea how to play death properly...

I have given hints, tips, and tricks to winning pvp with death. Death is one of the best schools for PVP.

Finally, to take things away from other schools is unfair and biased and you are not stating any facts, just irrelevant wants.

Have some cookies and cheese for your whines, and please, find some intelligence to either drop the subject or read and learn how to win.

Darthjt

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
83
Huh? No shields? No heals? I am ice, and I have weaker spells than other schools, so I should be allowed to do what my school actually can. Do you want it to be impossible for me to be warlord so that you can be warlord? I don't like that idea at all! Life also have weaker spells, healing is what they can. Make an ice or a life if you think they can beat you so easy because of they're heals and shields!

P.S.
Life doesn't get death spells. They need one training point to get it, so every school can get a death shield for the same price as life. It's only free for death itself!

Jonathan Frogheart - Archmage, L83

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
12
BrynnerOfReign on May 12, 2013 wrote:
You've been outted. Must be nice to back up your own posts, huh?
1. not my account
2. It is an opinion supported by fact
3. Not saying you are wrong
4. Just stop. It is my opinion that I can have and your opinion you can have

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
5
I know not everyone likes the shields and healing, I know that because they ruin your attack! But, if there were no heals or shields, how would it be interesting? I mean, if you don't heal yourself and the wizard you face is above your level by a bit, it only seems fair! Now, if you don't like the way pvp works then don't play, and think about those low level wizards, how much do they really want to lose? And don't even try to tell me that you've never healed or shielded yourself in pvp.

Wolf Blood, level 72

I accept friends most of the time!

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
17
Well...... well...... well..... I got nothing good to say about this one. Taking away heals and shields, um you just raised a million red flags. Personally I think people would hate this idea especially the ice and life wizards because heals and shields make us work for our rank. Taking our only defensive measures is just saying you want things done quickly and to your liking. Now as a storm wizard, I normally wouldn't care, but this idea is a bit overkill. How about a limit to heals and shields per match? That might make a little more sense.

Cya in the Spiral

Blake TitanCaller lvl 88

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
305
Poky222,
If this sounds mean then my dearest apologies. If we can't heal or shield then we just blade and trap and minion and bubble? I mean I lose to lifes all the time due to healing but in their school description most of what they do is heal. And ice needs to be an annoying shielding tank (Sorry ice!) in order to make it a challenge for people to get to warlord. Plus without healing life can't use majority of their spells. If you have played other PvP games then you should know that a shield may turn the tables for a team and add excitement and a challenge for those daring people. And shields save lives from the hammer's vicious attacks. And for storm that means being destroyed by nearly every bladed attack (Sorry storm!) which makes me, a diviner sad. If this were to be an update lifes wouldn't be able to use a lot of their spells in PvP, ices wouldn't be able to maintain that life saving shielder that they were born to be. Just think this: If this was a real update how would others feel. And how come necromancers can heal with a huge heal and death shield. Necros can already deal damage and heal in one spell. Plus why only death shield?
Just my thoughts

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
I don't agree, however, resist should have a cap and so should healing boosts for PvP, but this....no. Just no.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2010
78
i'm somewhat with this. Stop saying that people fail in pvp because they can't play because that's what you're saying. I am a fire which is different from death and i have tried pvp, many times. I've tried uber pets, i've tried getting my resist as high as i can for a pyromancer. I've tried every strategy out there. I've tried focusing on critical, on block, on health, damage, and resist. Nothing i try works. My pvp ranking is the low 200's. I've asked all of my friends that i have watched get to warlord. When they have their pvp gear on and i have all my best over all gear on my stats are better in almost everything except block where i am a little behind. I face them in battle and they can't find any thing wrong with some of my strategies. Then i face others in ranked pvp and i just utterly fail. I'm annoyed because i've noticed a pattern whenever i see someone with a warlord badge they are ALWAYS, as in i have never seen another school with a warlord badge, they are always either storm, ice, or life. I'm behind this idea. This is the story of a player who has a really tried and failed. If you're gonna bring up pets or jade gear or whatever. I had an uber pet, it was a wintry elf with the talents spell proof, spell defy, fairy friend, unicorn, guardian wall. I tried to get the jade set, i bought $10 worth of crowns and 12 packs and i didn't get any of the jade set. When i face ice i find they are my least favorite to face (sorry about this ice wizards these are just opinions) I notice the large majority of them already have equal to a volcanic shield in their resist alone and then they feel the need to shield anyway!. Then there's life wizards that have 100% health incoming and outgoing combined. There do need to be at the very least caps on this and the number of times you can shield and heal. They don't need to take out healing and shielding completely just limit it.

Scarlet Dragonpetal

Survivor
Apr 12, 2011
49
I think you should only be able to heal like 2 or 3 times. If you try after that in PVP, it's an automatic fizzle.

Ryan SoulShard Magus , second , third

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
6
I think this idea is wonderful!

But, i am an ice wizard and i don't spam tower shields.
There should be an option to turn off healing/shielding
this option, Therefore would produce more arena tickets!

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
275
poky222 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
This is not a bias statement and it is based on fact. Deaths get strong to late. 1-47 they are weak. It is simply unfair. Stop trying to say things that aren't true. Ice's have other moves as well as Life and not just heals and shields so I don't know how it is bias. This is idea would eliminate heals for every school and shields for every school. Don't quite see what you are struggling to understand. I also never said that resistance was a problem so stop taking words out of my mouth. It looks like the only one using intelligence is me. Pvp battles are simply to long. Looks like your peanut sized brain is failing once again. Stop trying to rationalize what you said.

p.s. All school can get heals and shields so now i'm struggling to see how it is bias.

From,
Intelligence
Hi! Whether you think what you're stating is fact or not, I'll tell you right now it's not. This whole "No Heals, Or Shields" nonsense is absolutely stupid. Simple as that.

You have a problem with heals? Say hello to Infection and may cast Infection. Shields got ya down? Try a pierce or even may cast pierce. Infallible and Armor piercing work pretty well against those shields.

This idiotic idea would let whoever goes first automatically win. A very, very, bad idea. Before you go insulting others, take a minute and actually look at what you're supporting. You say you have intelligence? A 9 year-old could see how awful of an idea this is.

If you can't deal with healing or shielding, then don't participate in PvP. Darth JT, actually knows what he is talking about. You're spewing garbage left and right. I'd suggest you learn to watch your mouth and learn how to play the game. Darth JT, isn't stupid. From what I've seen him post, he's one of the more rational and smarter people that post on the message boards. This idea is awful, anyone with half a brain could see that. Obviously, your skull is empty.

Aaron Drakewalker Promethean Pyromancer

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
776
sure why not take blades traps and gear lets just make it only thunder snakes on have it won by who fizzles less

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
114
poky222 on May 12, 2013 wrote:
This is not a bias statement and it is based on fact. Deaths get strong to late. 1-47 they are weak. It is simply unfair. Stop trying to say things that aren't true. Ice's have other moves as well as Life and not just heals and shields so I don't know how it is bias. This is idea would eliminate heals for every school and shields for every school. Don't quite see what you are struggling to understand. I also never said that resistance was a problem so stop taking words out of my mouth. It looks like the only one using intelligence is me. Pvp battles are simply to long. Looks like your peanut sized brain is failing once again. Stop trying to rationalize what you said.

p.s. All school can get heals and shields so now i'm struggling to see how it is bias.

From,
Intelligence
So... This is just my opinion, not based on reaserched facts... but to me you are basically giving storm an auto-win. This would be a blade, trap, pierce, attack pvp world, and we all know who has the highest attack, storm. This would also make my half of my life wizards spells no pvp, if you looked carefully, 50%(or more)of our spells are heals, in 2v2 I usually take the role of healer and cast the occasional cetaur. I am not saying that you said these things, but I think that this would be the outcome of these matches, also, pvp would be all about- resist, attacks, and who gets pips the fastest. Again, you didn't say this, this is not based upon reaserched facts, this is just my opinion.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2009
4
Honestly I would LOVE to have more tickets, but think about it for a second. Younger levels wouldn't last a second in that arena, people would tear them to shreds. I think KI is doing the right thing of letting them heal. Healing is a strategy you just have to face. Your basically saying that younger levels should just forfeit, and btw the matches would be way shorter. I would really like the dress, but i want to earn it. And btw whining to KI is gonna get you nowhere, if I were you, I would stop whining to KI and start practicing in the arena. Also, shields help take off percentage of the attack. If you took that away you would pretty much would win instantly with a big card. I honestly think KI put dispels, healing, and shields in to make it tougher. Its unfair for the lower levels.

Kristen SilverWhisper-

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
449
So, you want to make ice and life lose their advantages? How would this be fair at all? If you take away one school's strength, you have to take away a strength from the others. You are death. You have this great spell called doom and gloom that reduces heals by 65%. If you don't like heals, use it and use your steal health spells to regain health. If you need to get rid of shields, use a shatter treasure card. There is this great thing called strategy. You need it to win. Why not just ask kingisle to automatically let you win every match? Taking away school's advantages to help yourself is never going to happen. This idea would completely ruin pvp.

Mastermind
Oct 15, 2010
315
If you can't heal, shield, first that makes Life and Ice completely useless. Secondly, Storm would overpower since no one would be able to protect themselves. Sorry, not happening.

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
103
Hi everyone.

I read all your posts and i will say you all use shields, blades even treasure cards. Why?
Because after you get Knight rank " Fair fight " will not help you any bit. Shields, Blades, Tc are made to use them when i fight i use all of above and even extra more. Every person says: Nah this school is bad cause of that cause of this but at end they train something of each school like for example Shatter spell Myth school is " bad school " but why you train Shatter then?. Ice is overpowered with resist then why training Tower shield?. All PvP thing of strategy is in each person mind 9 year old kid wants Warlord badge but can his/her mind take that much of control?. Strategy isn't just blade stack and few pierce charms what matters more is can you live opponents strike of his spell for that person needs skill and not " lazy persons which wants something without pain ". If they don't allow Life school spells always can use Tc or item card of one of school that isn't Life, if they ban Shields then Jade set of gear will become your best friend. If they add this to PvP i will not just stand and read book while i play ranked match or watching TV as some persons do i will play match until i die but before i die i will use all my mind to win match. One post said about Death best school for PvP i will say heal attack is nothing when my Fierce hound has may cast death shield but some other persons dont have that then they come to this site and complain about that school. Thanks for reading i would write more but box i full lol.

Michael BlueBright, Myth Conjurer, Level 90, Technomancer
" Let the force be with you all "

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
865
If we took away shields, then lets say a storm is facing a ice wizard. The ice wizard has immunity to storm and the storm wizard has 3400 health and 40 resist but OH NO! The storm wizard is barraged with traps and cannot shield it off and ends up getting defeated due to no shields! I agree with Darth, it is not a good idea. This would break PvP even more than It already is.

Defender
May 29, 2013
105
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
If there were no shielding or healing, the whole game will basically be "whoever doesn't fizzle on their strongest few attacks first wins" or "whoever sets up wins". Shielding makes me mad, but not really. Healing does make me mad, but what's the point in fighting if you can't heal or shield. It's all about the strategy.

I DO believe they need to keep out the pets that cast Fairy and Unicorn, though. The Sprite casting ones are fine.
No offense, but this sounds completely selfish. It sound like you want the game to revolve completely around you. All thoughout the post, you said "I want" and "I like" and "It's almost impossible for ME to win" Yea, Life is the ultimate troll and can completely stall out a fight and Ice can stall strategies, but the game would surely fall apart if this is done

Probably the only thing I agree with is the Arena ticket thing, on both fronts. It's not much of a problem for me, since I don't rank pvp.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
2
poky222 on Apr 2, 2013 wrote:
Thank you... Someone is actually intelligent here. O.o
Oh really? Not the best way to support your idea

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
98
poky222 on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Dear Wizard101,

I think that in pvp if a player attempts to heal and or shield they should automatically lose. I know that shielding and healing is part of the game but, it makes pvp annoying. It is already difficult to became a warlord but, with healing and shielding it makes it even harder. Especially when you are a level 70. I think that more people would want to pvp because of this. When you are in a pvp ranked against a life or ice it is almost impossible for me to win. The life just heals and death shields, ( I am a death) and the ice just tower shields. For me it is difficult to win pvp match because of this. I really want wizrad101 to adopt this idea so I can become a warlord and get the commander dress. I also think that when you win a match you should get more tickets than just 14. You need 1000 for the dress I like and that means I need to win around 71 times. I think that when you win you should get 28 and when you lose you should get 14. Please! Please! Please! Adopt this idea into wizard 101 gameplay in pvp!
The trouble with that, is that PvP is a place to use your skill and strategies. Also if there's no healing or shielding, that in a way is an unfair advantage to the people with the weaker spells such as ice because it all comes down to spell strength - and that's storm and fire for ya. Of course there's the balance of health (like Ice has more health and storm and fire have less) too that evens it out a lot. For me it's PET HEALING that gives me the most trouble. And FYI, think about ranked PvP from a life wizard's point of view. You make it sound like PvP is so easy for people who are life just because we can heal, but it's not. Don't be too critical of other schools just finding everything about that school that can make it more difficult. It's also what our schools are MEANT for. Storm and fire for damage, ice for resistance and shielding I suppose, life for healing etc. Don't take away the main abilities of our schools. Also, the automatically losing part is way too harsh and shouldn't be part of the game in my opinion. Just because of healing or a shield? If a pet heals does that mean we automatically lose? At the least, there should be a LIMIT to the amount of times you can cast a shield and heals. That would make it easier for people without totally eliminating what also keeps people alive. I mean like, the winner is whoever can hit first that way. Now THAT isn't fair. I would also like to point out, that KingsIsle can't just make PvP easy, because everybody wants to win. You said it yourself, you just want the change so you can get the gear for yourself and so you can become warlord. I also want to increase my rank but because I'm life, banning healing and shielding will be what kills me because that's what gives me a chance. (I myself don't shield) For me I don't need these huge changes, I just want to be a high enough rank to get the storm elf. However I couldn't agree more about getting more tickets because it's frustrating to finally be the rank you need to get the gear you want but you don't have enough tickets to get them so you're forced to do more matches in which actually gives you a chance of losing your rank.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
178
Oh lord. If this actually somehow happened, I would most definitely drop out of pvp with all my characters but my ice (for his immunity) and my storm (for his 110% damage). Whenever I fight in high level pvp, you pretty much have to shield, unless you want a wild bolt spam or blade blade 8 pip spell to kill you. We'd be having people taking thousands of damage in the first couple of turns, and then dying because it stayed. On my low level pvp, my 33 death has about 1234 rank. That means that I have a lot of fights against 500 rank level 50's, and occasionally a level 60 or 70 with about a 30 rank. I've only had 4 losses so far, but If I wasn't able to quickly shield against whatever they used, that would change fast.
(It's not that hard to get the items with the current arena tickets. I have full commander set and working on a wand right now, and had the hat before I got to warlord.)

Malorn AshthornWarlord