Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ban Treasure Cards from Ranked PvP matches

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 22, 2008
117
Treasure cards can keep a match going forever or cause a match to end in a minute. Also, it isn't as much fun battling someone with say 20 tower shield treasure cards in a ranked match. In practice matches it would be fine because there is nothing at stake but it takes the fun out of ranked matches when people are just using suked up treasure cards to win every battle.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
35
I agree entirely! This very proposal is actually part of a whole new idea I have for PvP, but I won't go that far until I've perfected it. Ranked dueling, if anything, should be a test of real skill, not all the things you can do with a treasure card. They greatly reduce the strategy usually necessary to win a duel, which saps the fun from duels.

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
58
I completely disagree. The treasure cards are one of the few ways to add true unpredictability to a match. And since there is a cost to them playing those cards, then if they're willing to burn the card for a match then so be it.

You have just as much access to treasure cards as they do. If you choose not to use them, so be it.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2008
17
I totally disagree with this. Because Tower Shields are the only shields against balance opponents. Think about it, without that shield, how can you defend against judgement? Besides Absorb which doesnt really do much.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2009
19
glamourboy wrote:
I totally disagree with this. Because Tower Shields are the only shields against balance opponents. Think about it, without that shield, how can you defend against judgement? Besides Absorb which doesnt really do much.




A++ I agree, can't argue with that

Defender
Oct 03, 2008
174
I disagree also because not only can cards in there save you from an OTK, it can help against stallers, and give lower leveled wizards a way to match the firepower of higher leveled wizards. Treasure cards are what bring true originality to matches, especially at master level and above where it just comes down to whoever plays their buffed up judgement, heliophant, or triton first wins OTK style.

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
4
then pick ice side and learn the shield, or get the hat and other various items that offer this shield.

treasure cards should be banned from pvp. some low level guy traded his friend and got storm zilla and the big elephant and wrecked me when we were both level ten in one of my first rank pvps. this should not be happening, and the only way to prevent this mess is to ban treasure cards from pvp.

Explorer
May 22, 2008
76
russe11 wrote:
then pick ice side and learn the shield, or get the hat and other various items that offer this shield.

treasure cards should be banned from pvp. some low level guy traded his friend and got storm zilla and the big elephant and wrecked me when we were both level ten in one of my first rank pvps. this should not be happening, and the only way to prevent this mess is to ban treasure cards from pvp.


Sounds like you got outsmarted, that's not a fault in game design. Just because you lose to someone lower level than you, doesn't mean "this should not be happening", in fact, it means that combat level is not as big of a factor in determining the victor in a pvp duel, which I happen to think is great.

Explorer
Feb 09, 2009
58
Actually he said they were both level 10.

Doesn't matter though. so he beat you once using a card he can't afford to get again. It's doubtful he has a stack of them. Next time you play him he most likely won't have another level 28-35 card in his back pocket.

If he does then he does. If you don't want to use treasure cards then don't. You not using the cards means 1000 more gold in your pocket that you can use on better gear than he can.

Your gear lasts forever, his treasure card is a one shot deal. You're getting the better bang for the buck. He's blowing big gold to win one measly match. In the long run you're going to come out ahead.

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
117
glamourboy wrote:
I totally disagree with this. Because Tower Shields are the only shields against balance opponents. Think about it, without that shield, how can you defend against judgement? Besides Absorb which doesnt really do much.

True, tower shields are the only protection from balance and that can make a huge difference against Judgement, Triton, Colossus etc. but there is usually another way out of the situation without your treasure cards assuming that you get a good hand. So, even though that is a good point, I still think they should be banned.
P.S. If you aren't strong enough to use the real card then do you really think it is a good idea to be facing all those grandmasters? (just wondering :wink)

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
4
after reading over what everyone has said i think the people (or person) who wish's the cards to be ban really needs to rethink how they pvp.maybe you need a new mage or maybe you need to mix with a diff school for better cards, whatever is may or may not come down to T-cards are what make pvp ...well pvp ..i mean think about it, are you saying everyone has to go in pure school.?. i think not as for the person who was talking about gear and gold vs cards and gold they are 100% right, i would like to see a rank 30 beat a ranked 50 all day long with gold cards and even if he did then he has to have friends (or family) that give him the T-cards and is that what this game is all about or not. familys playing together on a game to have fun. kids to meet other kids and maybe get a true friend out of the deal i think so.

anyways get over it people who hate gold cards in pvp. lighten up
keep in mind its just a game ;)
thanks for reading

wolf darkblood

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
26
Treasure cards add uniqueness and an added advantage to lower level players. To remove them would make PVP BORING.


Survivor
Jan 04, 2009
22
Everyone can get and use treasure cards. If you don't, that's your fault. I don't, but I don't need them. It's fair. Everyone has that option. AND if a person has found a great combo using treasure cards then you cripple them, when they should have been left alone in the first place.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
7
Hmm, I'd have to agree with those that said to keep T-cards in PvP. You do know that you can buy them at the Library, right? So it's not like you don't have access to treasure cards yourself.

Plus, who said that PvP would ever be EXACTLY even? You really should expect people to have certain spells or items that you don't have. That's what makes each experience unique!

So, I'm sorry, but the only solution to your problem would be for you to stop PvP-ing.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2008
34
Who ever said PvP should be even? Isn't it all about overcoming your opponents strength? Adapt or die and all that?

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
65
I COMPLETELY DISAGREE! Treasure cards are the only way to keep the duels from being "he/she that goes first wins." It mixes things up so you dont see the same deck from the same school over and over again.

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
117
Well, sorry but my mind has been swung back to NO because I faced this one wizard who used tower shield over, and over, and over again


Defender
Sep 22, 2008
117
cbfan14 wrote:
I disagree also because not only can cards in there save you from an OTK, it can help against stallers, and give lower leveled wizards a way to match the firepower of higher leveled wizards. Treasure cards are what bring true originality to matches, especially at master level and above where it just comes down to whoever plays their buffed up judgement, heliophant, or triton first wins OTK style.

The stallers usually stack their decks with tower shield treasure cards, that's how they stall.

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
117
soullesswolf wrote:
after reading over what everyone has said i think the people (or person) who wish's the cards to be ban really needs to rethink how they pvp.maybe you need a new mage or maybe you need to mix with a diff school for better cards, whatever is may or may not come down to T-cards are what make pvp ...well pvp ..i mean think about it, are you saying everyone has to go in pure school.?. i think not as for the person who was talking about gear and gold vs cards and gold they are 100% right, i would like to see a rank 30 beat a ranked 50 all day long with gold cards and even if he did then he has to have friends (or family) that give him the T-cards and is that what this game is all about or not. familys playing together on a game to have fun. kids to meet other kids and maybe get a true friend out of the deal i think so.

anyways get over it people who hate gold cards in pvp. lighten up
keep in mind its just a game ;)
thanks for reading

wolf darkblood

Nobody has to go pure school, but you were the one who chose your second, third, and sometimes even your first (if you skipped the quiz) school. Why get them if you never use them?

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
39
yes please ban treasure cards from pvp and then make it menu chat only.
Consider rewarding players for being helpful to other players to encourage good behavior on the game. pvp has created a hateful atmosphere.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
835
I both agree and disagree~
Yes it is unfair to use treasure cards, but they are helpful and come with a cost of burning your cards, BUT! if you pull out a reshuffle it is completly unfair i think either , A. treasure cards should cost 2/3 times more mana and pips, B. Ban them completly, or C. make it so only you can only use rank 1/2/3 cards

Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
1
Firefly555 wrote:
yes please ban treasure cards from pvp and then make it menu chat only.
Consider rewarding players for being helpful to other players to encourage good behavior on the game. pvp has created a hateful atmosphere.


we should not ban treasure cards it helps you be prepared for bigger monster or evil people like mailistare if he replies to me ill scream

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
39
well if malistaire shows up in the arena then flee and do the cross symbol over your chest.

Btw we were only talking about the arena. Rofl.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
1708
Anyone who needs Treasure cards instead of combat skill should be allowed to use them, but like baseball and steriods, it should be noted in the record books...

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
51
I disagree as well. Treasure cards are a part of the combat system and a valid strategy.