Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ban Treasure Cards from Ranked PvP matches

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2009
2
Yankees15x wrote:
Treasure cards should definately be allowed. You cannot have spells from all schools, so treasure cards make it interesting. They add much more strategy, and prevent form duels being as boring.



i thinl its totally unfair to have treasure cards in pvp seems how a lvl 13 using frost giant is kinda over the limit at least make it to where only rank 4 treasures are allowed 8)

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
3
COMPLETE APPROVAL FOR TREASURE CARDS BEING BANNED
i disaproove of people using treasure cards for getting an unfair advantage over the opponent,

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
6
I don't believe that the ultimatum of ALL Treasure cards being banned from Ranked PVP is what is needed. I agree on putting level restrictions on the cards. For example, you can't use a card that has a higher pip cost than the current highest pip spell from your primary school. So, if you are a level 19 pyromancer, you can't use a spell with 4 or more pips, since your highest spell at this point would be Sunbird at 3 pips. For the purpose of this, X pip spells are not counted.

I personally enjoy exercising my sideboard with useful treasures, (not Wild Bolt) so I don't see why I and others like me should be punished for a few rotten apples, so to speak. Most of the times, I stack my sideboard with dispells that are one pip, about 4-6 Guiding lights, a few heals (Fairy, Satyr, Dryad, Rebirth) and the rest can vary. (Some Celebrity cards like Lord Nightshade and the Harvest Lord; lot of power for cheap pips) I actually don't use Wild Bolt, because the fizzle rate is too high for my personal liking.

I am fairly certain that even though I may use spells outside of my school, (Like Rebirth) I'm not "Cheating" or "Being Unfair" Before you complain about Rebirth being unfair, consider the fact that I must blow 7 pips for an absorb and a base heal of about 600-700. (Not factoring guiding lights, but factoring in healing boosts) I can have that torn down in a heartbeat.

In summary, I feel that a pip/level restriction on treasure cards is needed, but they shouldn't ban treasure cards entirely. In addition, if certain treasure cards are a problem, maybe create a ban/limited/semi limited lists (Yugioh fans will get the reference) for treasures permitted in the arena. (For those that aren't Yugioh fans, the lists do change in the game, and I believe if my list idea is implemented, it can change as well.)

Although, I feel that banning treasure cards seems like the simplest solution, for every restriction you place on PVP, someone builds a better mousetrap!

Kyle DuskThorn - Grandmaster Ice
Kyle FireBloom - Journeyman Fire
Kyle LifeBlossom - Master Life
Kyle HexWielder - Journeyman Death
Kyle SwiftDreamer - Master Balance
Kyle DreamMancer - Master Myth

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
28
damionte wrote:
I completely disagree. The treasure cards are one of the few ways to add true unpredictability to a match. And since there is a cost to them playing those cards, then if they're willing to burn the card for a match then so be it.

You have just as much access to treasure cards as they do. If you choose not to use them, so be it.
i am on both sides i am on the side of them being banned cause well what if the opponent has like 9 storm lords and is storm not even the rightful lvl of having it.i'm with having them cause well some people just like to win ALLOT! so i came up with a plan. wizard101 should let wizards use treasure cards that arent to powerful like maybe only 3 pip and lower treasure cards exept wild bolt wild bolt should NOT be in pvp like in that other topic i forget which one but it disagrees with having wild bolt in pvp so WHO'S WITH ME quote me and tell me if your with me

Survivor
May 03, 2009
3
i think treasure cards should be banned because it is like a better spell than regular spells but you can only use them once and i think they are just spell to cheat with so you can kill the enemy faster and win

Defender
Sep 22, 2008
117
You know what? I'll be happy if you just take 2 treasure cards outta ranked pvp, Wild Bolt and, Tower Shield. Limit the rest yes, but BAN these two.

Survivor
Aug 16, 2009
9
skbronco6 wrote:
You know what? I'll be happy if you just take 2 treasure cards outta ranked pvp, Wild Bolt and, Tower Shield. Limit the rest yes, but BAN these two.


In that case i like to see every T-card of the same level taken out as well you going to pick on storm/ice school pick on them all,take out each schools strongest T-cards(no judgement,scarecrow,dragon,and rebirth)
cant limit one or two schools just because you may have a hard time beating them.
But you can give a option of using T-cards in arena or not to use them that maybe a more fair way of doing it.

Survivor
May 28, 2009
4
i totally disaggre with tower shield but wild bolt is 99999999999999.9%
i agree to get banned




cody iceblade 45

Survivor
May 28, 2009
4
glamourboy wrote:
I totally disagree with this. Because Tower Shields are the only shields against balance opponents. Think about it, without that shield, how can you defend against judgement? Besides Absorb which doesnt really do much.





yeah and you can use ice armor and spirit armor

Survivor
Feb 19, 2009
1
I don't agree because some people run out of card in deck :( This is not fair because at times you are matched with another wizard not in your rank.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2009
2
russe11 wrote:
then pick ice side and learn the shield, or get the hat and other various items that offer this shield.

treasure cards should be banned from pvp. some low level guy traded his friend and got storm zilla and the big elephant and wrecked me when we were both level ten in one of my first rank pvps. this should not be happening, and the only way to prevent this mess is to ban treasure cards from pvp.



i disagree and agree with this you can choose ice a secondary school and it will be smart to use it as a secondary but the single ice tower will not stop judgement all balance have to do is dragon blade balance blade feint hex and the will still kill through the single 50% ice tower the tresure tower is 55 so it will help you stay alive when it hits so yes tresures are needed to go against balance and the person who originally started this blog is balance she just want to have her way with you and the smart players all know how too stop balance and if she was a good balance she would no that balance is not suppose to be a judge only school balance is meant to last the fight and drag their opponite down till their end but most balance go for the one hitter quitter and when they fight a smart wizard they dont know what to do cause they only thing judgement so if you can 1 hitter quitter than do it but if your opponite wont let you than you need to turn your brain on and drag him/her down till death helping hands will help you last the long fight and that my friends is a great fight when both are smart and tresure cards will determine your different playing style

Survivor
May 09, 2009
4
i think what the purpose of this wasnt that all treasure cards are bad but that its VERY annoying when someone has like a billion of one treasure card and they are using it over and over and you cant do anything about it!

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
19
I disagree. If you take away the TCs(treasure cards), then pretty much you would take away 1/2 of the duel :( ! If you put in the TC's, then it is a lot better:) !

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
19
Firefly555 wrote:
well if malistaire shows up in the arena then flee and do the cross symbol over your chest.

Btw we were only talking about the arena. Rofl.
Errrr... What do you mean "cross symbol"?!?!?

Survivor
May 09, 2009
1
Survivor
Nov 25, 2008
16
Just stop pvping then
other people find their way around it
how about you just get better and deal

Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
7
I agree to this completely. Don't tell me about being unpredictable and using "strategy" with these treasure cards. This has happened to me, A level 50 Death war lord vs a level 12, Level 12 says gl and starts with a power pip and even goes first...

BOLT

I blade, next turn i try to shield myself....

BOLT
Level 12: Good game!

Good game? Good game?! That wasn't even a game! It wasnt even a strategy! All he did was use two simple cards that dealt 2000 damage, do you know how much planning I need to do to even think about hitting that high?! Oh, and get this, after all the matches I won I would get up to 13-17 ranks higher, but the monment I lose, instanty I lose 23 ranks!!! I hope KI is not trying to imply that we should use treasures to win battles. And please, don't say "well use a storm shield next time :D" We all know they are using treasures, therefore the you have a higher hit percent chance, and you can get the card ANYTIME! Not to metion you can't time your shields when you go last.

Let me also metion that how is that 10%?! What he performed was a 20% out of 200% Banning treasure cards from ranked pvp will be very apporiate, because you would have to think and plan your moves (And you bolters out there.. You actully have to use skill!!! Shocker!!!), and when you win the battle, you deserve your hard earned ranked. Sorry about my rant about storm, but when people say "I DISAGREE ABOUT BANNING TREASURE CARDS IN RANKED MATCHES" I look at you like.... What is wrong with you?! PLEASE someone prove me wrong! I want 3 GOOD reasons why they shouldn't be banned if I'm wrong.

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
160
I'd agree for non storm wizards. For storm though I think bolt cards are necessary due to the "glass cannon" design of low health and high damage.

For a storm vs. a balance for example they need to usually take an all out tactic to get the balance to use pips (so they don't save for high judgement casts). One of the key ways for that is using wild bolts which are offset by a gamble in them not going off due to lower accuracy. The current pvp gear does seem to offset this limitation and should be looked at. I think classes such as balance with a precision spell especially should be looked at and even question the real need for that spell at all for balance.

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
1
TCs are a part of the game you should expect them just like I do and use them to your advantage that is what your sideboard is for. It kills me when people tell me I'm going to be banned for cheating for using them that is nothing more than poor sportsmanship. I'm a high level as well so it's not like I'm a low rank beating a high rank. I'm life 45. If you plan you stratgey right it shouldn't matter. (for the record I rarely buy them I just use the ones I pick up.)

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
203
do not ban T-cards the only ppl crying about T-cards are sore losers "Oh you beat me you cheated" give it a rest plz!

the option to all this crying is simple:give PVPs the option to use T-cards or not to use them then match up the teams T-card PvP and non-T-cards PvP matchs.

I think this maybe the best way to settle this issue,not cutting out spells just because someone dont like them.

grandmaster:death/storm/fire/balance

noob:ice/life/myth

Defender
Jul 18, 2009
160
It's always fascinated me that some people consider critiques of something as "crying".

This attitude and maturity level saturates the gaming scene across the internet. Not a great testament of today's youth.