Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I think that there should be a dueling ring in Mooshu, where after you complete Mooshu, you should be able to go inside of it. But the cool thing is that you battle as your pet, not your character. From defeating someone else's pet, your pet gains experience and then when it gains enough it will grow a level where it would get more health. After it grows a certain amount of levels, it could be able to learn new moves and possibly give you more spell cards when your person fighting enemies.

Jeffrey Stormhunter

Survivor
Dec 27, 2008
I think it would be cool if you could level up your pet, like you. Then when it gets to a certain level, you could use them in battle! :)

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
new pets should be made more often and it would be helpful if your pets could be your minions instead of elementals :P :x :-o :-o :) :-) :D :( :P

Survivor
Oct 13, 2008
I think your pets should help you with a battle. Like there will be a button that could say to use your pet. If you have that green pixie/fairy to heal you. Or other pets to help in the battle. Also, I think the pet should be like a minion and when it loses and you are finished with the battle, you could heal your pet.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2008
I think all pets should equip you special untrainable cards unless they are pets that are in form of creature from spells. I also think you should let your pets go into battle. They should also have everything a wizard has like wands, clothes, decks, swords, etc. to increase their stats in battle. They should use spells according to the kind of pet. Thanks for reading!
P.S. Don't make them too much of an advantage.
Justin Stormhunter: Lv. 35 Thaughtmagure
Current area/quest: Big ben, Marleybone

Explorer
Dec 23, 2008
ivan217 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
A question for all our young Wizards who love their pets:

What cool new things would you like to do with your pets in Wizard101?

Please reply to this post and let us know!

It will be fun if your pet battle with you and helps you yay :)
i dont think so i think they should just well do cool stuff like maybe the heckhound could get all big and look like the spell outside of battle and then it should start breathing fire

Survivor
Oct 04, 2008
Hmmm, What would I like to do with my pet;

I guess that would depend on which wizard I am playing at the time. For example my Level 47 life wizard has a unicorn for a pet, I would like it if she could give me a healing spell boost for both incoming and outgoing spells, or she could give me a special more powerful Unicorn spell. :D

My "Magus" level Necromancer has a "Bandaid Bernie" for her pet it would be great if it would give my wizard a resistance boost against both Life and death magic or it could give me a card that would let me use it in battle with a special attack that only a pet Krokomummy can do. yeah that would be cool! :P

My "Adept" pryomancer has a "heckhound" for a pet I would like to see it give my wizard an aditional "Firetrap" or "fireblade" spell card slightly more powerful then the normal firetrap and fireblade cards do, or I would love to have it do a special attack that only a pet Heckhound could use.

My "Adept" level Myth wizard has a dragon for her pet I would LOVE it if it could join me in battle and launch attacks of it's own (Myth Magic Attacks of course), but special attacks that only a true Myth Dragon can do.

Yeah It definitely would depend on which of my wizards I am playing at the time! :D

Survivor
Sep 30, 2008
Well if it was up to me I would think all pets should help with our wizards stats. For and Example the pixie might add health or make our healing spells be stronger when casting. Or how about the fire cat and or troll make our deffence stronger or make it so that se can hit harder with spell cards with in that class your in or what not just a thought.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

i want to know if you can please make it were you can have the card of your pet so please please make it that way thank you.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2009
Ide say optimally they would be ridable and be able to fight with you. maybe not all, but atleast some.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

I would like for pets to be able to help you to fight in battle or maybe be able to talk to you and pets and people to make more friends among the students

Explorer
Dec 11, 2008
As I have stated before, i'd love it if pets could do battle with you, and all had treasure cards. Also, you could attatch auras, basically special effects, to your pets; such as electricity around a gold and blue dragon, or a snowstorm brewing around a pet snow serpent. But what if your color choices determined what type of pet yours would be? Like an orange/black dragon would be a Death/Pyromancer, and would have it's own special treasure card. Or maybe that Green/light Green pig of yours could have a gas attack like a gobbler? Just my ideas.. :-o

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
I think pets should be used for attacks and alot of those kinda things that would be pretty awsome! I hope my idea goes....... I hope it'll also be a minion too.

Survivor
Dec 31, 2008
My desire to have my pet attack is solely to have something killed by a dragon bearing the randomly generated name it was given, baby precious. That is mostly because I find the idea funny for someone to have to admit they were killed by baby precious.

In seriousness, there is a wide range of pets that I've seen, from my friendly dragon, to snowmen and flying pigs. Currently, I think their mostly for asthetics and the occasional card. The idea to be able to teleport to and from them would be good, or maybe in addition to the possible card they'd create an effect.

For example, the unicorn card itself heals, maybe the unicorn pet would create an area of healing in combat areas, albet slowly. Maybe the combative pets like snow men or heck hounds provided a static boost to the attacks of that type when you cast them. Manders or flying pigs might provide a hit point or a defense bonus.

The one catch for balance would be that you should have to have a pet on for awhile, just putting on a unicorn pet shouldn't let you start healing, it shouldn't be the pet of the minute, make them use the pet for awhile.

Yes, some of these effects are more powerful or useful then others, but it would also say something about you when you were adventuring. You have a pet turtle, then you are either compensating for lack of defenses or your just becoming a rock to weather the storm until you can kill the other guy.

Since I'm assuming the Admins want to make pets more intresting, make them grant unique bonuses that can't show up in other gear.

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
I think it would be appropriate for you to be able to obtain pets at higher levels that are much more interactive. Such as a pet that actively joins you in combat as a minion or that can be summoned to aide in heling spells etc.

Wizard 101 rocks this is by far my favorite online game . have made lots of great friends and enjoy playing.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
Yes! the port idea is best and most useful one that I have heard yet. That would be fantastic.

Or lets even take that idea a step further

How about being able to tell your pet to go to a certain spot and then be able to port to him, on top of the pet staying were you tell it to stay.

Example: Maybe i'm chatting with a friend 8) or foe in the commons but afterwards i'm on my way to ice school, market or the arena. So being able to send a pet to the next place I want to go and then porting there would be great.

Some new quest could evolve off of this idea with only certain pets being able to reach certain areas. Could open a new dynamic to an already good game.

Christopher Winterbreeze

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

Hmmh, intresting topic, I think the pets should evolve into better things. Or at least you can intercat with them like teach them tricks or something.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2008
Maybe some pets should give you a wizard size copy of their weapon or something

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I want to be able to play with my pet. Throw a ball, roll around the yarn, bust out the laser light and see them go nuts for it, etc.

A grooming salon would be cool too.
- Kind of like the paint shop but more interactive....

Mood pets or glow-in-the-dark/holy would be sweet!

Clothes and armor too. They are going into battle with us, don't want them getting hurt. :?
- If this happens, pet cards would be good where as we cuold let our pet protect us and dash in for a strike.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

i think it will be cool if you could like play a game with them in it

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
I would like it if the pets could talk a little bit when their wizard clicks on them. Players could choose eight or ten phrases off the bubble chat menu to be their pet's vocabulary, and the pet would pick one at random off its list when you click on it. You could choose taunts or battle messages or friendly things, depending what your pet's personality is. The pet could also say something with their wizard's name in it sometimes, like "I like Blaze" or "Tiffany is the BEST!"

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
I would really like pets that you can mount for a speed boost because questing can get boring when you have to walk really far... maybe some quests where you control your pet and maybe some pet battles where you can put your pet up against other players' pets.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2008
I think pets could be more useful for our " money " Or coins/crowns in the game Here are some different and seperate ideas :

1. They could be summoned like a minion into the game
2. Used for a type of transportation ( Dragons you could fly, fire cat you could ride, unicorn you could ride etc. To get there faster )
3. They could simply give you a few cards to add to your deck
4. Simply do tricks
5. ( If used as minion ) When your wizard is out be used as another person to heal your wizard or help you in the duel.
6. Have their own quests for holidays such as ( Christmas: Collect the candycanes in wizard city etc. ) for coins or prizes
7. Hmm... they could have their own games
8. ( My goal is to find ten! ) They could give you hints to your quests ( 2-4)9. Used as an enterance to wizard polls and news
10. ( Finally! ) You could... umm... Send letters to your friends ( Moderated, they would " Carry" the message to the other player)

Survivor
Jan 03, 2009
i think it would be rather helpful if they could attack an maybe do some tricks :D

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
I'd like to see each pet you purchase or win have some sort of special power that will help you when fighting to give you an extra hit each time it's your turn - not just an additional spell card actually partidipates in the fighting.