Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rare Pets Hatching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
1
I love wizards 101 and me and my whole family play it together .
It's nice to have a game that me and my family can enjoy and share ..

But I have to say that I think the cost of the mega snack pack to help build your pet up doing games and the enery elixir to refill you bottle to also do your gardening are really too high to me but I can understand why you do it .

I think the cost of crowns it takes should be at lowered some for the people out there that cannt afford it all the time but this is my opion and I just felt the need to share it .

Thanks......

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
7
:? :( :( :? I had the same problem with my colossus. I hatched with a reaver and a jade hound and i got colossus TWICE!!!!! I think KI should fix this problem or whatever it is because i spent 60,000 gold doing this and it took a long of my time and gold!!!

~lvl 60 ice Blaze SeaFist

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
6
Jad3dr0se04 wrote:
I love wizards 101 and me and my whole family play it together .
It's nice to have a game that me and my family can enjoy and share ..

But I have to say that I think the cost of the mega snack pack to help build your pet up doing games and the enery elixir to refill you bottle to also do your gardening are really too high to me but I can understand why you do it .

I think the cost of crowns it takes should be at lowered some for the people out there that cannt afford it all the time but this is my opion and I just felt the need to share it .

Thanks......


I thank you for bringing that specific subject up as we still remain on topic.

As ad3dr0se04 has said, the crowns and their prices are definitely a little too expensive, and i completely agree with you. I understand that every company must make their profits somehow, but keeping in mind your audience is another key thing to remember as well.

The pet system was a great addition as I have said in my previous post, but not only are the prices for the pet hatching too high, but the snack packs as well. The energy refills are another aspect of the crown shop that is too expensive. I am sure that many people are grateful for the 2 refill rewards that were given to all wizards, because I was grateful as well, but the energy refills are just too expensive.

I do not remember exactly what the price of the Energy Refill was, and I do not remember the prices of the crowns and their costs either; this is probably because i never bothered to keep it in my mind due to its expensiveness. This game was built to target a community of teenagers and their families; even preteens are playing this game. Most people do not have ten US dollars laying around to freely spend on 5000 crowns that can not even get you the Crown House. I apologize if the price for the crowns is not correct as I do not buy crowns very often, but I am sure many people will agree with me when I state this.

I have played every popular MMORPG, whether it is Runescape, Everquest II, World of Warcraft, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, or Warhammer. Wizard101 to me is one of the most appealing games and much of it has to do with its visuals and its community. The above games that I have mentioned all charge a fee of about 10-15 US dollars. These games are a lot more high quality in graphics, and have a lot more content as well. These games also have a monthly cost, and most of them do not have in-game stores such as “The Crown Shop”, and everything is already included with the 10-15 dollar monthly fee.

Comparing this to Wizard101, one can see that it can become very expensive when you are a member of Wizard101 and pay 10.00 US dollars each month not even counting the crowns one would need to buy to refill their energy, or buy a mount, or buy a crown house. If one were to buy crowns and make the most out of Wizard101, that person would probably be spending about 30 US dollars each month, which is way too expensive for a game that is targeted for families, preteens, and teens.

My opinion is just one of many that would most likely agree with me, and its Kingsisle’s choice to listen to it or not, but many more people would use their money on Wizard101 if the prices were reduced, whether its in game gold for the pet system and its hatching or whether its decreasing the cost for crowns, and the cost for items that are in the Crowns Shop.

I respect everyone’s opinion and have a full understanding of why Kingsisle may do what they do, but opinions need to be voiced when there is a need to.

Thank you for your time, and have a wonderful day!

~Daniel Deathcaster, Level 45 Death Wizard
Daniel LifeCaster, Level 10 Life Wizard
Wizard101 Subscribed Member

Explorer
Jan 08, 2011
56
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Based on our own observations, and feedback from players just like yourselves, we have come to a decision that rare and exclusive pets will NOT manifest in the Hatching process when the Advanced Pets update goes to the Live Realm.

What pets!?
The physical appearance of the following pets will not manifest as a result of the Hatching Process:
Sheep
Danger Hound
Pioneer Dragon
Friendly Dragon
Fog Unicorn
Shardtail Dragon

These pets were obtained through very exclusive promotions, limited edition offers or as VIP rewards. We may add more pets to this list in the future.

What will I get instead?!?
If the above listed pets participate in a Hatching process, the physical appearance outcome will NEVER be one of those pets, but will have a high chance of hatching the physical appearance outcome of the opposing participant, or in some cases, a new pet altogether!

HOWEVER

The bonuses and statistics of EITHER pet can still manifest in the outcome of the process.

I don't get it?!?
If I have a Pioneer Dragon and you have a Dream Ghoul, and we enter the Hatching process with those two pets - the outcome of our Hatching will NEVER look like my Pioneer Dragon. Instead there's a chance it will look like your Dream Ghoul and even a chance that it will create a different creature altogether!
However - the stats and bonuses of that result can come from the bloodline of either original pet, or a combination of the original pets. You may get another Dream Ghoul, but it could have the stat bonus of my higher pedigree Pioneer Dragon.

But what if....
I have two Danger Hounds? Two Danger Hounds will NEVER result in a Danger Hound. They'll result in something else altogether.

Again, thank you for all your feedback on this, and all the other aspects of the Advanced Pets.

~Professor Greyrose
I am PERFECTLY FINE with this! Its just that I have a question: do you mean we can't hatch pets like crown pets like my Pale Maiden or rare drop Pets like a Blue Banshee or a Krokomummy Pet?

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
6
Hello Young wizards.. I dont why or who has ever payed 80,000 gold to Hatch. I have hatched many Rare and just regular grand pets and Never have I payed over 45,000 Gold. And that was for a Hydra and a Tempest.
it is also very easy to get what you want if you read the hatching rules and understand the bloodline of what your doing. I suggest you do some reading and or Find a good friend that has as I have done this many times successfully. It can be fun the pets are helpful in Battle especially for those who dont have many health cards. Spritely may need to be on your list of things to get. That is worh the Gold.

In the Meantime Have fun Goodluck and see ya around Maybe?

MichelleStormWhisper- Balance Legend
Michelle- Life Legend
MichelleSparkle- Ice 45
MichelleStar Eyes- Myth 25
MichelleWild- Fire 22
MichelleStar- Storm 12


Survivor
Aug 24, 2010
9
I am PERFECTLY FINE with this! Its just that I have a question: do you mean we can't hatch pets like crown pets like my Pale Maiden or rare drop Pets like a Blue Banshee or a Krokomummy Pet?

well i am very experienced with hatching and yes, you can hatch with rare drop pets its just that there is a 60% chance you will not get it. there is a 40% chance you will get your pet again a 20% chance of a hybrid, and a 40% chance of that pet you want. (banshee is easy to get i have seven. just face nightshade a lot)

Survivor
Jan 26, 2010
20
can you make were are pets can be hatched in to animals with like a clydsdale with a flaming mane, or a mammoth with glowing tusk, also make some look like your version of rapidash, or that dog on never ending storry that flys lol he be cool mount as well as a pet lol. Also can you let are pet run along beside are mounts and i want the ability to have to pets equipped at the same time. Also make every creature in wizzard a possible pet or mount, or both. let them, come out of a weird hatch. mix.
Also be nice if the hacling can carry on rare case both his parents cards.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
5
LordAuron wrote:
Jad3dr0se04 wrote:
I love wizards 101 and me and my whole family play it together .
It's nice to have a game that me and my family can enjoy and share ..

But I have to say that I think the cost of the mega snack pack to help build your pet up doing games and the enery elixir to refill you bottle to also do your gardening are really too high to me but I can understand why you do it .

I think the cost of crowns it takes should be at lowered some for the people out there that cannt afford it all the time but this is my opion and I just felt the need to share it .

Thanks......


I thank you for bringing that specific subject up as we still remain on topic.

As ad3dr0se04 has said, the crowns and their prices are definitely a little too expensive, and i completely agree with you. I understand that every company must make their profits somehow, but keeping in mind your audience is another key thing to remember as well.

The pet system was a great addition as I have said in my previous post, but not only are the prices for the pet hatching too high, but the snack packs as well. The energy refills are another aspect of the crown shop that is too expensive. I am sure that many people are grateful for the 2 refill rewards that were given to all wizards, because I was grateful as well, but the energy refills are just too expensive.

I do not remember exactly what the price of the Energy Refill was, and I do not remember the prices of the crowns and their costs either; this is probably because i never bothered to keep it in my mind due to its expensiveness. This game was built to target a community of teenagers and their families; even preteens are playing this game. Most people do not have ten US dollars laying around to freely spend on 5000 crowns that can not even get you the Crown House. I apologize if the price for the crowns is not correct as I do not buy crowns very often, but I am sure many people will agree with me when I state this.

I have played every popular MMORPG, whether it is Runescape, Everquest II, World of Warcraft, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, or Warhammer. Wizard101 to me is one of the most appealing games and much of it has to do with its visuals and its community. The above games that I have mentioned all charge a fee of about 10-15 US dollars. These games are a lot more high quality in graphics, and have a lot more content as well. These games also have a monthly cost, and most of them do not have in-game stores such as “The Crown Shop”, and everything is already included with the 10-15 dollar monthly fee.

Comparing this to Wizard101, one can see that it can become very expensive when you are a member of Wizard101 and pay 10.00 US dollars each month not even counting the crowns one would need to buy to refill their energy, or buy a mount, or buy a crown house. If one were to buy crowns and make the most out of Wizard101, that person would probably be spending about 30 US dollars each month, which is way too expensive for a game that is targeted for families, preteens, and teens.

My opinion is just one of many that would most likely agree with me, and its Kingsisle’s choice to listen to it or not, but many more people would use their money on Wizard101 if the prices were reduced, whether its in game gold for the pet system and its hatching or whether its decreasing the cost for crowns, and the cost for items that are in the Crowns Shop.

I respect everyone’s opinion and have a full understanding of why Kingsisle may do what they do, but opinions need to be voiced when there is a need to.

Thank you for your time, and have a wonderful day!

~Daniel Deathcaster, Level 45 Death Wizard
Daniel LifeCaster, Level 10 Life Wizard
Wizard101 Subscribed Member


Mounts can be bought with gold, most crown houses can be bought with gold, I usually do Pay by Area and the only reason i have a Subscription right now is because someone was grateful for my help and got me one. That said, the crowns i get go to buying areas, though i'm almost done with that. I have a Crown pet (dropped) Crown gears (also dropped) crown shop house (bought with gold) and a perm mount (bought with gold). I have only been playing for a few months now, and i've hit lvl 56, can make 100k+ a day really easy in just a couple hours. Most of the things in the Crown Shop are SHORTCUT items, not items that are needed really, you can get rank 6 snack recipes and craft them decently easy and cheap. And going from non member just doing pay by area to member, your energy fills so fast as member i dont really see why you would need energy potions, choose which you want to do, gardening or raising pets, considering i can make a ancient pet (if i work at it) in about 2 days, and epic in another day or 2 with no crowns spent on it. Another way you could look at it, if they made things to cheap to where everyone was taking the shortcuts, players would get bored way to fast, so they would lose players and thus customers.

Survivor
May 04, 2010
10
I think that the bloodline of a pet should determine the price in which you should have to pay to hatch. Ex. piggle(30) and all other thrity something or less pets should be like 20,000 to hatch. Then (40) and up should be like 30,000 to hatch. Also a (51) school pet, which can give rare pet with spell card should cost more right. 40,000 Would this not be a better way



Hope this happens
Fire wiz: Jeremy Dragonwraith


Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
9
z189ack wrote:
Yeah....
No death scarab
No Storm Scarab
to the list.

A storm scarab was (Yes i'm repeating this)
a crown item for what? 1 crown, when everyone
got 25 or something crowns because of like
the millionth person fiona or something.
This was before the shop came out.
This was RIGHT before zeke was in the commons.

Now the death scarab,
I actually, say yes or no for this one.
It is not available anymore.
Neither is the storm scarab, but you could buy it with crowns!
The death scarab was available for twitter winnings,
but I didnt participate in it.
I was watching the Pokemon marathon cause I WANTED TO!
and I didnt even know about the event at that time.
Hehe.


actually, 101 crowns, and if i remember correctly her name was fiona ashblood

Survivor
Mar 05, 2009
1
ok...Well i see what you talking about but my brother tried to hatch a Jade oni and someone he found had a stormzilla...When they hatched it only took 5 minutes and it was balance...When he looked at the pet it was the Jade oni...My brother PAYED 33,000 GOLD for the hatching!!!!!! My borhter is really upset...I think he needs a refun

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
3
omg it is so hard to find a person to hatch with maybe they will update a better way to find people to hatch wit :P 8)

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
10
russell1 wrote:
80,000 gold is WAY to much gold to mix pets please change to 1,000-10,000 gold

it depends on how rare your pets are

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
4
Survivor
May 12, 2009
49
If you hatch a pet, then will the pet you hatched it with go away, or will you still have it. Becuase i have a Ninja Pig, and im thinking about hatching it with a friend, but i dont wanna loose my Pig. Also will you get to choose the name of the hatched pet?

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
6
we shouldnt pay any money to hatch pets altogether, not if there's a chance we're just gonna get the same pet back. think about it, you gotta spend a couple hours getting money for the school pets to hatch, and then you dont even get anything new? this just seems like a waste of time to me, if we're getting the same thing, why even bother? can someone plz fix this issue?

Survivor
Jan 01, 2009
7
to headmaster,

i have found a way to make hatching much more efficient you go into a spiral then you enter your pet and the pet you looking for and then when you get a match it sends you to a hatcher. :P

jacob fireshade:lvl 60 death wizard

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
12
I really want the hatching recipe for Nightmare, i have a unicorn (teen) and someone said you needed helephant and unicorn to get nightmare. i dont know why there isn't a centaur pet! there's a seraph so why not centaur? i learned to ignore it

possibly see you on Wizard101

Charles Goldward Level 57 Theurgist

Survivor
Dec 14, 2010
1
Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
4
When I hatched a wraith witha collosus I gota darkwalker it's weird becaue For one: I don't see a lot of people wth it and Two: I've never seen one on all the videos and websites thats show hybrid pets Anyone else notie it?

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
2
I agree because a code for a death scarab has expired and storm beetle no longer is sold by prospector zeeke since he started selling mounts.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
3
Survivor
Mar 07, 2009
4
Ok then but im still despretly looking for the fog unicorn im been beating boses over hundreds of times to see if he or she will drop something but nothing! Can someone please help!!

Administrator
pinkis101 wrote:
Ok then but im still despretly looking for the fog unicorn im been beating boses over hundreds of times to see if he or she will drop something but nothing! Can someone please help!!


The FOG Unicorn was only available through Beckett Fun Online Games magazine. It is not available through a drop in the game.

You can purchase subscriptions, back-issues and individual magazines from Becket directly at http://store.beckett.com/Gaming-and-Entertainment-Magazines/


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
2