Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Game not loading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
Since the 9th birthday update this morning, my game will not load. My internet connection is fine and I have never had a problem with the game loading before. It says Patching: Configurator.exe and never loads past that. Please help?

Survivor
Jun 01, 2009
My internet connection is fine. Launcher isn't connecting though. Are the servers down? Error 108. tracert was timing out after the hop from 69.64.146.135 in Seattle. ;o I'm in Calif.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
I checked to see if this was a scheduled shutdown but I can't seem to find anything. All my friends also cannot get online, and it seems the KingsIsle servers are having 900+ ping. So are the servers down, and is it getting fixed soon? I was hoping we could get some more light on the situation so we know whats going on. It went down at aprox. August 31st 3:30 a.m. CST. I was in the middle of a dungeon, so hopefully this gets fixed soon!

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
So i try logging in today on both w101 and p101 but neither work. there is no maintanace message (that was yesterday) it just wont let me play. Its not my wifi as i can use other things like yt and google.

This is what it says. You were unable to connect to Wizard101 (doesnt say im banned and i dont how i would be anyway)

Is the game down? if so why when they just started the birthday celebrations? and will they extend the birthday as we cant get on to play? If its just me then why?

Survivor
Dec 04, 2011
Just of curiosity, is the game right now down? I live in Australia so I won't know the American times etc., but looking at world clocks it should be online (the game). Can anyone help me with a solution or something - will be very appreciated!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2013
Wizard101 won't launch I am playing on mac I click on it and it shows up in the dock but won't open or close unless i force quit it.

I tried doing this:

We’ve identified an issue with the launcher that sometimes prevents Wizard101 from properly loading on a Mac computer. Fortunately, there is a solution for the problem. Just follow these steps:

• Shutdown Wizard101
• Click on the Finder icon
• From the “Go” menu navigate down to “Go to Folder”
• In the field that opens, type: ~/Library
• Click “Go”
• Inside the Library, navigate to: Application Support/Wizard101/Bottles/wizard101/drive_c/users/crossover/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/Content.IE5/
• Delete everything you find inside the "Content.IE5" folder
• Launch Wizard101 and log in to play

I delete the files from the Content.IE5 folder but once i try to launch wizard101 the files appear again! Please help me I'm very frustrated!!!!

It did launch a few times and it opened but when I type in my password and press login it doesn't log in just refreshes the page. I restarted my computer quite a few times, I uninstalled and re-installed. Help me!!!

Survivor
Apr 25, 2014
*wizard101 error

error 108 :

You were unable to connect to the wizard 101 game.

There are no announcements of the game being down though.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2011
I can't get my client to log in at all, and there are no announcements anywhere telling me that Wizard is down for maintenance. Can anyone else log in?

Survivor
Aug 09, 2017
Survivor
Oct 11, 2016
I'm having trouble loading the game. Is it me or you KI?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Sorry for the inconvenience. Both Wizard101 and Pirate101 are currently offline. We are investigating the issue causing this and are working to restore service. There is no current estimate for when both games will be back online, but we will update you as more information becomes available.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
Well, thanks for letting us know anyway. I'm not the only one!

Darby UnicornFlower-102
Darby Seacloud-33
Darby StarWraith-23
Darby-13
Genevieve RoseStone-12

Survivor
Sep 07, 2012
I suspect harvy and flooding in Texas may be the cause.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2015
i also tried uninstall and reinstalling game, was so frustrated. glad it's just not me .

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
i tried downloading and redownloading the game. now it won't let me download the game at all!

Survivor
Jun 16, 2012
I Tried Redownloading the game. Now it won't even let me download it!

Survivor
Apr 01, 2012
Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
After the last update, every few min i keep getting disconnected. Am not sure if that's a new bug am facing. I been facing this since the new update where i have to close the whole game then reopen and while while it loads again. As soon as i get in t my character everything seems fine tell after few min it disconnect me from the server and then from the whole game.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2016
I'm from Australia so I'm not sure what time it is in the US, just wondering when wizard 101 is going to be up and running?

Survivor
Aug 23, 2017
I´m trying to connect but i´m not able to enter to the game,my internet conection is well

Survivor
Feb 14, 2012
it is getting very hard to play wizard 101 such long log in and disconnects are ruining the fun and now when I want to play problems with game. please fix I do not play as often and interest is dying. I haven't even been buying crowns like I used to so Wizard must be losing lots of money and players on these issues. Hope someday it will be as fun as before. Thanks for listening.

Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
The servers are back up probably by now.

(As of 9:49 AM EST)

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Wizard101 is back online! We'll continue to monitor the issue; however, we believe the issue is fixed for now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2016
My game has not loaded properly I can not venture into some worlds, game keeps freezing, and even my garden does not look like a garden anymore,
Should I log out and then log back in?

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009