Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

macOS users and Spring 2021 Update Login Access

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2021
emmycakes908 on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
I found a way to fix it!! I found an old message board that has detailed instructions on how to completely remove the game from your system. I did it and it loaded onto my laptop and desktop!
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/wizard101/full-clean-install-procedure-for-wizard101
You are a LIFESAVER! I just bought a ton of crowns and thought I'd never play again but THIS WORKED

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
jzents on Apr 23, 2021 wrote:
Silver Chests

I noticed this in the test realm and submitted a couple of bugs on this, but it happened last night and I submitted a bug report. Opening a silver chest using the Mac client can crash the client. I do not know a fix.
My game keeps crashing any time I try to sell things at the Bazaar. It happened while I was doing something else but now I can't remember what that was XD

Survivor
Jul 19, 2014
leonidas623 on Apr 23, 2021 wrote:
I can AGREE 100% that both 2 & 3 work. 100% if you do it correctly
#2 Worked for me 100%. I highly recommend trying it out. Just make sure to right click on the "Finder" in order to go to the folder and completely remove the wizard101 files from your Mac.

Administrator
We were hoping the macOS issues would be resolved today so those affected could play over the weekend, unfortunately it's going to take a bit longer.

We'll keep you updated as soon as we have more news to share, including how we'll remedy it all. Thanks again for your patience.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2017
Hello! I just want to say that Codeweavers method DOES work but it comes with a problem, game crashes. A few ways I've noticed that your game can crash is either when opening silver chests OR trying to buy or sell items in the bazaar (or any other shops). For the time being, you can still battle as usual and go on with questing, just know that buying/selling gear isn't available. Thanks.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2011
Sparck on Apr 23, 2021 wrote:
We were hoping the macOS issues would be resolved today so those affected could play over the weekend, unfortunately it's going to take a bit longer.

We'll keep you updated as soon as we have more news to share, including how we'll remedy it all. Thanks again for your patience.
When you are thinking about how you will "remedy it all", keep in mind that people are losing time off of membership and member benefits (like double reagents this weekend). At the very least, I would like our membership to be extended to account for the lost time.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2020
My mac gets stuck on the page before you log into wizard. I've reinstalled it idk how many times and still doesnt work

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
I've uninstalled and reinstalled a ton of times now, so I'm gonna give up on that method and just wait for the issue to be fixed in the near future! Thank you for all your hard work though

Survivor
May 05, 2018
Depending on the duration of the fix, will Mac players be compensated for the loss of access in regards to monthly subscriptions? This is the 2nd time (if not more) that there has been an issue with Mac compatibility and game updates. I have a 2019 MacBook Pro with everything up to date. Personally, I do not want to uninstall the game because in-game downloads already put a lot of stress on my machine. It seems that a lot of users are having issues with the game after a clean install. Either way, I am wishing the team the best of luck with resolving these issues. Thank you for all the hard work you have already put into this project!

Survivor
Jul 02, 2019
emmycakes908 on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
I found a way to fix it!! I found an old message board that has detailed instructions on how to completely remove the game from your system. I did it and it loaded onto my laptop and desktop!
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/wizard101/full-clean-install-procedure-for-wizard101
I was having problems where my launcher wouldn't open at all after updating and it would just force quit. This worked for me!

Survivor
Mar 22, 2020
Chunksty on Apr 22, 2021 wrote:
Hey all!

I wanted to share my experience with this problem and what I did to fix it. I promise it is not complicated. At first, I tried to delete all of my files (the CodeWeavers method) however this did not work, I still could not launch the game. I seemed to have found a fix that has worked for me. So, if you have tried deleting your files and are still having trouble give this a try!

*Make sure Wizard101 is already downloaded on your device!*

First, create a new User. You can do this by clicking the "apple logo" in the top left of your screen. Navigate to "system preferences" Then select "User and Groups"

Then, add a new user. ( I called mine games )

Log out of your normal user account, and log in to your new "Games" User account.

Once logged in, run Wizard101 as usual.

This method worked for me, apologies if you are still having issues.
Thank you, Chunksty! This fix worked for me, too! Thank you so much for sharing this. It's been a frustrating couple of days and am so glad that I found a solution that worked for me.

For reference, I am running Big Sur on a MacBook Pro 2019, 16 GB memory and 1TB storage.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2020
Sparck on Apr 23, 2021 wrote:

Any update on what’s going on or do we have to wait until Monday? Hope not :(

Survivor
Jun 29, 2011
Went through the same machinations as others posting here
It would be such a delight if you would consider your Mac players when you make updates

Try keeping one in the office: it might help at testing time

Now i have an schizophrenic installed copy that can't decide to show itself or not

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
Hello, I am still having problems logging in, and have had problems since at least December of last year. I know you said it was fixed and now are having issues again. Just wondering if there is anything else we need to know about why this may not be working. I have tried all of the ways to fix it and still nothing works. Thank you!

Survivor
Apr 03, 2017
Ok, so for the first day of the update I was able to fix the problem but now for the past couple of days the game crashes from the slightest of things. I can't open silver chests, I can't get onto some of my characters without the game crashing on me. It even crashes when I try to get into my bank.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2008
In regards to the game crashes, it seems to only occur for me when there is a quest with a cutscene or a lot of dialogue. I was doing the Diego quest for my low level wizard (where you learn about dueling) and entered the arena, when my game crashed while the game was loading the area. Now every time I try to log onto this wizard, my game immediately crashes because it's still stuck on this quest. It's quite frustrating, especially when I can't get on this wizard at all. I haven't been questing my other wizards because I'm afraid that there will be a cutscene and my game will crash, and then preventing me from getting onto that wizard.

The game crashes also occurred when I started a new character

This started happening after the new update and having to re-install my game by going through the steps you mentioned in your post, after I had trouble logging in.

Survivor
Dec 25, 2015
So the Codeweavers uninstall and install worked in that I can play. I cannot add a character or play the games to refill lives. Are these issues being addressed? Is anyone else having these issues? Before you respond by asking for my info, I play on a MacBook Air from early 2015 running Big Sur. Please let me know when I can fully play the game again. Thank you.

Administrator
Morgwaine on Apr 25, 2021 wrote:
So the Codeweavers uninstall and install worked in that I can play. I cannot add a character or play the games to refill lives. Are these issues being addressed? Is anyone else having these issues? Before you respond by asking for my info, I play on a MacBook Air from early 2015 running Big Sur. Please let me know when I can fully play the game again. Thank you.
Crashes may also happen when trying to create a new character. These are known issues we're working on as well.

Administrator
Insomaniac42 on Apr 25, 2021 wrote:
Any update on what’s going on or do we have to wait until Monday? Hope not :(
Unfortunately we won't be able to get this resolved until then. We are working on it right now and going through some testing of fixes.

Survivor
Nov 04, 2010
I am running on a Mac air I got in 2020, and I am on OS Big Sur. I have tried all the provided steps and the game is still failing to launch but no error message is appearing. I also have an active membership so would love to get the game running again, thank you for any help.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2019
While I can log into one of my Wizards, it's impossible to create a new Wizard. At first, I would crash during character customization, now I can't even get into the game with the Wizard, I always immediately crash after pressing Play.
Will Mac users be compensated for any of this? While I understand things like this take time, we are also losing time on our memberships and losing out on a lot of in-game opportunities that could benefit us. Money does not grow on trees.

Administrator
We have identified the underlying cause of recent macOS login and stability issues and are working on a fix. Internal testing will proceed throughout today.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2020
Totally understand that these things take time but we paid for a membership we're losing time on so are we getting crowns ? or partial refund or something ?

Survivor
Dec 21, 2016
Sparck on Apr 26, 2021 wrote:
We have identified the underlying cause of recent macOS login and stability issues and are working on a fix. Internal testing will proceed throughout today.
So happy y'all decided to prioritise this issue and fix it so quickly. Wizard101 is now working great for me!

Administrator
Fixes have been applied! Please reply below if you had either a login issue or crash before and are now able to get into the game.

If you receive a 152 error, download the game again from here: https://www.wizard101.com/game/download-mac