Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

macOS users and Spring 2021 Update Login Access

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 12, 2021
Hi there! I am one of those Mac users. I have not had a problem playing Wizards101 until today- Wednesday, April 21, 2021.

I have macOS Big Sur Version 11.2.3 and play on Michelle's iMac. I have shut down and restarted my Mac multiple times, have completely uninstalled Wizard101 and reinstalled. Still having the same issue.

I appreciate any help you can provide me.

Michelle

Survivor
Jun 13, 2020
Molly Winterflower on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
I have macOS Catalina and per u/icourt on reddit the following worked for me:

1. Open Finder, press Applications, and delete the Wizard101 file.

2. Right-click Finder in the taskbar, press "Go To Folder," and type "~/Library/Application Support" and delete the Wizard101 folder.

3. Reinstall the game using this link https://www.wizard101.com/game/download-mac You should now be able to open up the new file and start up the game like normal.

Molly Winterflower Jenna Winterflower Erin Winterflower
Thanks this worked for me, but I also did some of the other methods mentioned for the full clean installation so not sure if they are or aren't necessary.

Survivor
May 08, 2020
OK, got it to work on my Mac following those instructions. Thanks!

Survivor
Jan 09, 2015
Regrettably, the work around posted by emmycakes908 did not work for me, but I am glad to hear that it is having some success! Thank you emmycakes908. Also, I have went on to try CrossOver, which also no longer works for running the game after this update (at least on BigSur). This is far as I can get on CrossOver (the desktop version will not even open): "Wizard101 Error 151: Your operating system is 32-bit, which is not compatible." Rather, confusing as BigSur is a 64-bit operating system?

Survivor
Apr 11, 2020
I own a MacBook Air 13 inch early 2014 and it is currently in Big Sur Version 11.2.3 and when I tried to open up Wizard101 I logged in and it said your system is only 32 bit. I have tried reinstalling the game and sadly it did not work, can this problem please be fixed so I can complete more of my quests in the game?

Thomas GoldBreath Lvl 21

Survivor
Sep 06, 2013
Why is there always a problem with Mac users and every update? Why? It isn't a few users, it's all Mac users. Why isn't this tested before test goes "Live"?

Administrator
ds122199 on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
Why is there always a problem with Mac users and every update? Why? It isn't a few users, it's all Mac users. Why isn't this tested before test goes "Live"?
It is tested before going live, but unfortunately only a small percentage of macOS players join us during Test Realm, so some system specifics are not realized.

macOS compatibility also goes through a secondary set of instructions, so this adds complexity to supporting macOS devices.

Rest assured, we'll get this latest issue resolved nonetheless!

Survivor
Jan 09, 2015
Sparck on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
It is tested before going live, but unfortunately only a small percentage of macOS players join us during Test Realm, so some system specifics are not realized.

macOS compatibility also goes through a secondary set of instructions, so this adds complexity to supporting macOS devices.

That is reassuring to hear, I am part of that small percentage and I did try out the test realm without any issues logging in. Not sure if this tells you anything, but thought it might be important to know.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2013
Sparck on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:

When is this issue going to be resolved? I know a lot of people are getting upset because we pay for a membership and can't even play the game. All of the plants in my garden are probably gonna die today and I'm so tight.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
Same issue I'm getting from all of these posts. I have a m1 MacBook Air (Nason's MacBook Air) fully up to date with 200gigs of storage still available and this game is still unplayable. I tried going to the steam route but steam says This game (wizard101) is only supported by windows. I have done every step recommended and still can't open up launcher of login. There is simply no "trick" or "thing" we can do as Mac users to play. This update simply affected the gameplay to Mac even more so. Please fix ASAP as I have put in a lot of time and money into this game just for it to become unplayable now.

Survivor
Nov 20, 2015
OK..update from my earlier post(s). I was finally able to access all folders as given in the directions from the third party source cited here for trying to do a clean re-install. NONE of the files to be searched for were in those folders. SO, I should have a clean machine right? No app, no hidden nonsense and I should be able to download the INSTALLER from wizard101.com and get re-established, right? NOPE...same result. Two very quick windows with the first one killing everything super fast and no launcher, sign-in or any action whatsoever. I mean the initializer window "tries" to hang on for you but eventually fades away into NOTHING somewhere else in the spiral...Has anyone even checked the launcher language code to see why it works for a few and most not? It won't install on even a clean machine! And yes (before you go there again), I am Big Sur, 64bit, the fastest i5 available, 16gb ram 1TB SSD, should run like lightening but feels like I got hit with the ball-n-chain mount...

Survivor
Sep 14, 2010
pduque79 on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
I was getting the "your system is 32 bit" error, so I uninstalled everything and downloaded the game again, now I can't even get to the login screen!

I have the latest version of Big Sur available (11.2.3) running on a MacBook Pro Retina with plenty of disk space and 16 GB RAM

Please help!

Jasmine Firepants lvl 62
Brandon Nightrider lvl 52
Bailey Ghostrider lvl 34
Same here! I've tried to re-download the game (after erasing every W101 file on my computer) and now the launcher won't even start up. It's stuck telling me it's trying to "initialize" the game.

Survivor
Sep 27, 2015
I have a 2017 macbook pro updated with the latest update which would be Big Sur 11.2.3 and I'm having the same trouble as everyone else. Yesterday it was working fine and today I tried to login but this error came up saying the game couldn't run on 32-bit. I completely uninstalled Wizard 101 and installed again a couple times but so far, nothing. The farthest it will get is when the game says it will initialize and freezes:(

Survivor
Jul 15, 2019
Molly Winterflower on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
I have macOS Catalina and per u/icourt on reddit the following worked for me:

1. Open Finder, press Applications, and delete the Wizard101 file.

2. Right-click Finder in the taskbar, press "Go To Folder," and type "~/Library/Application Support" and delete the Wizard101 folder.

3. Reinstall the game using this link https://www.wizard101.com/game/download-mac You should now be able to open up the new file and start up the game like normal.

Molly Winterflower Jenna Winterflower Erin Winterflower
I just tried this way of fixing the issue, it worked and I'm on Big Sur! Thank you so much !!!

Survivor
Apr 27, 2019
I am also having the same issues everyone else is having. I am up to date on everything, deleted and downloaded the game. When I log in, it loads all the way though, and then it just vanishes. I am using Big Sur 11.2.3, on a 2017 MacBook Pro.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2013
SPARCK imo y'all leave us Mac users out in the cold way too often. So tired of having to clean and reinstall because of Kings mistakes.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2011
wickingsonm on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
I just updated my 2016 MacBook Pro (2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5) to version 11.2.3 of macOS Big Sur. However, Wizard101 no longer opens. Before I updated my operating system this morning, launching Wizard101 and attempting to log in displayed a screen that said my system was no longer supported. After updating, the software won't even open. I've tried deleting and re-downloading, however I have had no luck. Each time I try to open the new software, it gets stuck on the "please wait while Wizard101 initializes" screen. Eventually this disappears but nothing else happens. The software is "running" and I have to close it out before deleting or relaunching the software, however nothing ever launches or shows beyond those initial screens. I've got more than 100 GB of disk space, 8GB of RAM, and my internet is high speed. As someone who has put time and money into this game, this is very frustrating.
This has also been happening to me. I hope this is fixed soon.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2015
Hi, I am running Big Sur on my 2020 MacBook Pro. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and it will not open. I would like help with this issue or to know when this is resolved. Thank you.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2021
Michael WinterClou... on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
Ok....I'm definitely running Big Sur. Definitely 64-bit with stellar stats plenty for the game. Copied from my twitter, this is the most common problem right now > Previous install is removed. The download from wizard101 does not initiate properly. There is a quick pop-up window that comes on BEHIND the initializer, but quickly goes away. The initializer freezes and then it goes away as well and the icon just sits in the dock doing nothing.

So even after total deletion and a restart AND just using the current download from Wizard101.com , this same reaction repeats. So right now, my imac 27 is empty of anything wizard and waiting for a fixed downloader.
same

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Running Big Sur on a Macbook Pro. I deleted and reinstalled the game and now it won't even bring me to the page where you type in the password, just says it's open and nothing shows up.

Administrator
Papa5674 on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
SPARCK imo y'all leave us Mac users out in the cold way too often. So tired of having to clean and reinstall because of Kings mistakes.
Our apologies about these issues occurring. We have a partner we have to work with to get the game to work on 64-bit systems, even after a test realm.

Thank you all for your patience, we're looking into it and will keep you updated!

Survivor
Nov 02, 2016
Hello,

I am running MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3. At first, I received the error and then I deleted the game and all its properties and reinstalled. The game initializes at first and then drops but my computer says its running and the log in did not pop up. Please advise.

Thank you.

Administrator
Julia StormStone on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
Hi, I am running Big Sur on my 2020 MacBook Pro. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it and it will not open. I would like help with this issue or to know when this is resolved. Thank you.
When you reinstall, please ensure the game folder itself is deleted, including the computer's trash bin cleared. Then give it another install try.

If that doesn't work, you may have to wait until our fix is in place. Apologies again for this issue coming up :(.

Survivor
Dec 06, 2013
I have a MacBook Pro from 2020. It still says that it is loading and then it is not responding

Survivor
Feb 02, 2019
Hello,

I am running macOS Big Sur 11.2.3(most up to date). I tried logging in and I received the error. I followed the directions provided and deleted the game in its entirety. I reinstalled and now the game is not even showing the log in screen. Please assist.

Thank you