Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

macOS users and Spring 2021 Update Login Access

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Keep watch @KI_Alerts and @Wizard101 for regular maintenance and support updates.

If you receive a 152 error, download the game again from here: https://www.wizard101.com/game/download-mac

DIAGNOSING LOGIN ISSUES

If you are unable to login, please first try the following first:
  1. Ensure your system meets the minimum specs:
    https://www.wizard101.com/game/system-requirements
  2. Identify a possible error and follow its instructions if there are any (you may need to upgrade to Big Sur, which is the only supported OS for Wizard101)
  3. Uninstall the game completely, ensure all files are removed for the game (including the trash folder and any save folders), and then reinstall.
You can also try a similar process listed on CodeWeaver's website: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/wizard101/full-clean-install-procedure-for-wizard101

If the first step doesn't work, creating a new Profile on your machine will allow a clean install of the game.

Here is information on how to create a new profile: https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-create-a-new-user-on-mac

And here is more information on how to setup groups in general on a Mac computer: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-up-other-users-on-your-mac-mtusr001/mac

For macOS Catalina users, while we no longer support the OS, this version and other OS versions may still work with these instructions:
  1. Open Finder, press Applications, and delete the Wizard101 file.
  2. Right-click ("two-finger" click on a track pad) Finder in the taskbar, press "Go To Folder," and type "~/Library/Application Support" and delete the Wizard101 folder.
  3. Reinstall the game using this link https://www.wizard101.com/game/download-mac . You should now be able to open up the new file and start up the game like normal.
"Please wait while Wizard101 initializes..." message

If you see the above message even after waiting a while and reinstalling the game, please contact CodeWeavers support at either wizard101@codeweavers.com or sales@crossover.codeweavers.com.

Please also see this post: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/wizard101-macos-1-month-free-membership-8ad6a42478f3767a01791502ce796148?page=1

Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
Prof Spark,

For the past few months, ever since Wizard101 became compatible with Big Sur, I have been able to run the game with no problems. Today I tried to open the game and an error about 64 bit windows popped up. I restarted my computer and tried again but the same error popped up. I have also tried reinstalling the game, however now the login window doesn’t even pop up (similar reaction to when I had updated to Big Sur and the game was not compatible with the platform). I am running on MacOS Big Sur version 11.2.3 and my computer name is Ryan’s Mac (Ryan’s-iMac.local). Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I also hope this information helps.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2010
Hi,

I am currently on a MacBook Air (M1, 2020) with Big Sur Version 11.2.3 (most updated) and am not able to access the game. When the game went to automatically update, it cancelled it due to an issue with game files so I re-downloaded the game (deleted previous game files and all) and now it force quits every time I open it. Tried to re-download a few times and still is force quitting within seconds of opening it.

Thanks!

Survivor
Jul 07, 2017
I was getting the "your system is 32 bit" error, so I uninstalled everything and downloaded the game again, now I can't even get to the login screen!

I have the latest version of Big Sur available (11.2.3) running on a MacBook Pro Retina with plenty of disk space and 16 GB RAM

Please help!

Jasmine Firepants lvl 62
Brandon Nightrider lvl 52
Bailey Ghostrider lvl 34

Explorer
May 30, 2009
I can't play it and I have a week or so left in my subscription so I don't know what to do. :/

Survivor
May 24, 2010
When I tried to log in I received error 151. I have been playing on a 2016 MacBook Pro for a couple of years. I have ensured that my system is up to date, reinstalled all wizard101 files, and restarted my computer multiple times with no luck.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
I just updated my 2016 MacBook Pro (2.9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5) to version 11.2.3 of macOS Big Sur. However, Wizard101 no longer opens. Before I updated my operating system this morning, launching Wizard101 and attempting to log in displayed a screen that said my system was no longer supported. After updating, the software won't even open. I've tried deleting and re-downloading, however I have had no luck. Each time I try to open the new software, it gets stuck on the "please wait while Wizard101 initializes" screen. Eventually this disappears but nothing else happens. The software is "running" and I have to close it out before deleting or relaunching the software, however nothing ever launches or shows beyond those initial screens. I've got more than 100 GB of disk space, 8GB of RAM, and my internet is high speed. As someone who has put time and money into this game, this is very frustrating.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
Mac users always suffer when updates come :(

Survivor
Apr 03, 2017
I found a way to fix it!! I found an old message board that has detailed instructions on how to completely remove the game from your system. I did it and it loaded onto my laptop and desktop!
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/wizard101/full-clean-install-procedure-for-wizard101

Survivor
Nov 20, 2015
Ok....I'm definitely running Big Sur. Definitely 64-bit with stellar stats plenty for the game. Copied from my twitter, this is the most common problem right now > Previous install is removed. The download from wizard101 does not initiate properly. There is a quick pop-up window that comes on BEHIND the initializer, but quickly goes away. The initializer freezes and then it goes away as well and the icon just sits in the dock doing nothing.

So even after total deletion and a restart AND just using the current download from Wizard101.com , this same reaction repeats. So right now, my imac 27 is empty of anything wizard and waiting for a fixed downloader.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2020
Hi,

I also have not been able to log on today, and have all of the required specs for gameplay on Mac Big Sur. I have uninstalled and redownloaded everything several times and it still doesn't work. Pls let us know when there is an update!!

Survivor
May 09, 2020
Hey,

I have a Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.6 and everything was working until now. I uninstalled and re-downloaded Wizard101 and it still wont work. Anything I can do?

Survivor
Jul 15, 2019
Hello,

I have a macbook pro 2017. I was using High Seira and had no issues. When i got the bit error I tried fixing it by updating to Big Sur. Still got the same message in launcher so I uninstalled and reinstalled wizard101, however now it is stuck on the initializing message and won't even open the launcher.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2020
emmycakes908 on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
I found a way to fix it!! I found an old message board that has detailed instructions on how to completely remove the game from your system. I did it and it loaded onto my laptop and desktop!
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/wizard101/full-clean-install-procedure-for-wizard101
This works!! Thank you for posting!

Survivor
Apr 05, 2021
LarxLar on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
Hi,

I am currently on a MacBook Air (M1, 2020) with Big Sur Version 11.2.3 (most updated) and am not able to access the game. When the game went to automatically update, it cancelled it due to an issue with game files so I re-downloaded the game (deleted previous game files and all) and now it force quits every time I open it. Tried to re-download a few times and still is force quitting within seconds of opening it.

Thanks!
Hey!
I have a MacBook Air and experiencing the same issue! This morning I redownloaded and clicked on the 101 spiral, but nothing happened. The Wizard101 application opens, but I have to force quit because it doesn't take me to the login screen. It seems like it wants to open, but can't! My laptop is up to date, not sure what's wrong :(

Survivor
Jan 09, 2015
I have met all the macOS requirements (and I am upgraded to BigSur) and uninstalled, removed all wizard101 content from my computer, and reinstalled without any luck. This is really unfortunate that the last three large updates to be released have resulted in Mac issues that have taken consistently over two months to resolve. I sincerely hope there is an almost immediate resolve for this issue at this point. Otherwise, it was simply careless to have released this update, and once again lock tons of Mac users from the game and wasted memberships for people. I share in the disappointment of those who have been playing on Mac through the past few updates with issues and those who have lost membership time as result. Hope to hear something soon.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2019
Whoever suggested to follow the instructions on the website, thank you so much, because it fixed the entire issue! emmycakes908!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
I have macOS Catalina and per u/icourt on reddit the following worked for me:

1. Open Finder, press Applications, and delete the Wizard101 file.

2. Right-click Finder in the taskbar, press "Go To Folder," and type "~/Library/Application Support" and delete the Wizard101 folder.

3. Reinstall the game using this link https://www.wizard101.com/game/download-mac You should now be able to open up the new file and start up the game like normal.

Molly Winterflower Jenna Winterflower Erin Winterflower

Survivor
Nov 20, 2015
That does NOT work for Big Sur. Access to a normal mac user is blocked and old ways of "unhiding" one of the steps is no longer valid for Big Sur. It will take KI to make the patch overwrite old unaccessible folders during install.

Administrator
Thanks emmycakes908 for suggesting this link! We can confirm that this is a valid link and resource. Please give it a try if you are having troubles reinstalling the game and getting access.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2009
I upgraded to Big Sur this morning and am still having no luck. I'm scared to uninstall and reinstall after reading all the posts on this thread. HELPPPPPPP I just wanna play

Survivor
May 08, 2020
Can confirm it doesn't work for me. Installed Big Sur. Get same error when trying to login : Error 151: Your operating system is 32-bit, which is not compatible

The error message talks about Windows, which isn't what I'm running anyway.

Please help!

Survivor
Jul 15, 2019
Sparck on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
Thanks emmycakes908 for suggesting this link! We can confirm that this is a valid link and resource. Please give it a try if you are having troubles reinstalling the game and getting access.
Yeah that doesn't work for Big Sur users

Is there anything else we can do that anyone knows about?

Survivor
Feb 06, 2021
I'm running Mac OS Big Sur (11.2.3) on a Macbook Pro and have had no issues running the game until today. Tried to uninstall and then reinstall the game and that still doesn't work. Hoping this gets resolved soon.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2020
My MacBook Air is 13 inch and 2014 and it is currently in Big Sur version 11.2.3
I am completely unable to open up Wizard101 and I have tried reinstalling it and it did not work, I would greatly appreciate it if you fixed this issue because I want to complete more quests

Thomas GoldBreath Level 21