Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

macOS users and Spring 2021 Update Login Access

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 14, 2021
Bottomlessp1t on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
I just tried this way of fixing the issue, it worked and I'm on Big Sur! Thank you so much !!!
This worked for me thank you so much !!

Survivor
Dec 25, 2015
emmycakes908 on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
I found a way to fix it!! I found an old message board that has detailed instructions on how to completely remove the game from your system. I did it and it loaded onto my laptop and desktop!
https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/wizard101/full-clean-install-procedure-for-wizard101
Bless you, Emmycakes! I had tried a number of times before to remove the game to no avail. I followed the link and executed as instructed. Now I am in and playing the game! Thanks a lot.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2021
I tried everything but I am encountering the same problem as most users that have replied on this forum. It is very disappointing the MacOS users were not considered in this update. Clearly, the spring update was not ready.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2018
I got an email from kingsilse support and they said to go to the code weaver website. I did that and was hopefully able to delete all the items needed however in the examples of that code weaver shows it is nothing like macOS big sur finder. It looks like the version that Mac had years ago. I still don't know if I have everything deleted off of my Mac. This will be the 6th time today that I have deleted and reinstalled wizards101

Survivor
Jul 30, 2012
Molly Winterflower on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
I have macOS Catalina and per u/icourt on reddit the following worked for me:

1. Open Finder, press Applications, and delete the Wizard101 file.

2. Right-click Finder in the taskbar, press "Go To Folder," and type "~/Library/Application Support" and delete the Wizard101 folder.

3. Reinstall the game using this link https://www.wizard101.com/game/download-mac You should now be able to open up the new file and start up the game like normal.

Molly Winterflower Jenna Winterflower Erin Winterflower
This has worked for me as well! (MacOS Catalina late 2012) There were a few glitches but upon logging off and reopening everything seems to be working fine except clicking on the new crowns event in the shop causes an error message, though I'm not sure that if that is a Mac issue or something else entirely.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2012
If you have access to CleanMyMac it has an uninstaller. Have it uninstall Wizards and then reinstall a fresh download of the Mac client. That works for me. By the way, if you are using Bluetooth headphones I have noticed that you cannot connect them after the client starts and they work. You have to make sure they are connected before you start the client.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2020
I have the exact same problem as everyone else. I uninstalled the app, then reinstalled and now won't even let me log in! My Macbook Air (2020, 1.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i3) is up to date with installations, but cannot use this app. It was perfectly fine on the 20th, but why won't it work on the 21st? Please do something, I refreshed my subscription and would hate for it to be a waste.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
Hello I was also running into this problem but saw several people post about this fix:

https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/wizard101/full-clean-install-procedure-for-wizard101

I can confirm if you follow the steps provided the game will launch. I have a Mac OS Big Sur on V. 11.2.3 that would not launch the game starting today. After following that guide, the game launched no problem.

Hope this helps!

Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
LarxLar on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
Hi,

I am currently on a MacBook Air (M1, 2020) with Big Sur Version 11.2.3 (most updated) and am not able to access the game. When the game went to automatically update, it cancelled it due to an issue with game files so I re-downloaded the game (deleted previous game files and all) and now it force quits every time I open it. Tried to re-download a few times and still is force quitting within seconds of opening it.

Thanks!
I am currently having same issue with my MacBook Pro 13' 2020 with bug Sur 11.2.3 most updated and I'm having same issues u are and I tried everything

Survivor
Jul 15, 2015
I've had Big Sur for awhile, but for some reason it didn't let me download the update at all, and then when I downloaded the game again from the website, it won't even launch. Just get the "please wait while Wizard101 initializes" and then it doesn't do anything after that.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
I deleted everything and reinstalled like emmy suggested -- this got me past the log in screen and into the game, but then after about 2 minutes I'm just kicked out of the game completely and it shuts down. The client offers up a bug report which I put in, but it keeps happening every time I log in.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Sparck on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
It is tested before going live, but unfortunately only a small percentage of macOS players join us during Test Realm, so some system specifics are not realized.

macOS compatibility also goes through a secondary set of instructions, so this adds complexity to supporting macOS devices.

Rest assured, we'll get this latest issue resolved nonetheless!
I think more of us would if we didn't have to completely uninstall Live to do Test.

I'm also a 64 bit Mac, Big Sur, wiz and I can't play any longer.

Survivor
Jul 19, 2009
emmycakes908 on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
I found a way to fix it!! I found an old message board that has detailed instructions on how to completely remove the game from your system. I did it and it loaded onto my laptop and desktop!
I am running Big Sur on a 2018 MacBook Pro - and this solution totally worked. Thanks!

Survivor
Apr 08, 2016
Hi, I am running on an Intel Dell 32-Bit laptop Wizard101 used to work fine for me but whenever I try to log in now it's saying that my operating system is 32-bit, which is not compatible. I am not completely sure how I can fix this and would like some help on how I can fix this so I can play Wizard101 again. I've watched videos on how to upgrade my system from 32-bit to 64-bit so I can play Wizard101 but none of those have helped me. Thank you for your help.

Jonathan Shadow 120
Wolf IceHammer 74

Survivor
Jul 02, 2010
shadowwarrior84379 on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
Hello,

I am running macOS Big Sur 11.2.3(most up to date). I tried logging in and I received the error. I followed the directions provided and deleted the game in its entirety. I reinstalled and now the game is not even showing the log in screen. Please assist.

Thank you
yes, same thing is happening with me... just says "please wait while wizard101 initializes..." and it vanishes. nothing pops up. this is so frustrating. this needs to be fixed asap. idk what to do ...

Survivor
Apr 07, 2014
Hi im A Macbook pro user who's updated to Big Sur, Ive tried all the recommended steps to fix My application yet it still crashes even after I delete and restart the applications, please help I want to play wizard101

Survivor
May 27, 2013
What about those of us whose Mac computers are unable to run Big Sur? I feel like those people like me are being told "oh well, go buy a new computer." I've been a Wizard101 member for years and play every day. I have multiple wizards. And now suddenly I am being forced to just quit because someone thought my computer was too old and I can't afford to go buy a new laptop. You are leaving a whole fanbase behind and no one cares.

Heartbroken wizard,

Scarlet Moonstone

Survivor
Aug 04, 2013
Hello fellow wizards. I run on a Macbook Pro 2020 M1 Chip. I used that following information that Codeweaver's suggest, but I did my own step. Before their 1st step, Go>Hold Option Button & Shift>Library>Downloads (Once at downloads move any wizard101 content stored in download tab to trash. Next proceed with Codeweaver's steps. Make sure after following all Codeweaver's and my own steps, restart your computer. After all steps are followed Wizard101 will completely be off your Mac. Then instead of Codeweavers steps, do NOT use the old launcher for the game. You won't be able to use the launcher if all steps are followed correctly anyway. Proceed to go to the website, where you originally downloaded the game under MacOS wizard101 download. Follow the instructions on the screen as normal. Once game is download, as Code mentions; open wizard101 through the applications tab. Will recommend putting mac on best wifi option you can, as you will be totally installing the game over again.

Hope to see all my fellow Mac users in the game! :)

Administrator
Scarlet Moonstone ... on Apr 22, 2021 wrote:
What about those of us whose Mac computers are unable to run Big Sur? I feel like those people like me are being told "oh well, go buy a new computer." I've been a Wizard101 member for years and play every day. I have multiple wizards. And now suddenly I am being forced to just quit because someone thought my computer was too old and I can't afford to go buy a new laptop. You are leaving a whole fanbase behind and no one cares.

Heartbroken wizard,

Scarlet Moonstone
Our apologies, we don't intend or want to leave anyone behind of course. Unfortunately, macOS is very stringent in how they require programs to support the latest OS. This may eventually leave older systems incompatible.

Please let us know what your macOS and system is and we may be able to offer a suggestion for it. While system requirements state that Big Sur is required, it's still possible the game may run on your system.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2021
hello i have a mac os catalina version and i couldn't play the game it wouldn't open or when it did finish loading the the game would just shutdown i also recently bought membership+ crowns so please help

Survivor
Sep 06, 2013
I did every thing and nothing is working.
Every time I download wizard 101 I can not open it.

It stuck on please wait loading wizard 101 then it stops.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2015
Molly Winterflower on Apr 21, 2021 wrote:
I have macOS Catalina and per u/icourt on reddit the following worked for me:

2. Right-click Finder in the taskbar, press "Go To Folder," and type "~/Library/Application Support" and delete the Wizard101 folder.

3. Reinstall the game using this link https://www.wizard101.com/game/download-mac You should now be able to open up the new file and start up the game like normal.

Molly Winterflower Jenna Winterflower Erin Winterflower
I had overlooked this earlier seeing it was on macOS Catalina, but I am BigSur and this worked for me! I am posting what Molly Winterflower originally posted here too:

2. Right-click ("two-finger" click on a track pad) Finder in the taskbar, press "Go To Folder," and type "~/Library/Application Support" and delete the Wizard101 folder.

Hope more people have success with this work around too.

Explorer
Oct 27, 2009
Desktop
Still cannot fix the client by uninstall and install.

My system is 64 and is Windows 7, im really hoping I dont have to install windows 10.

Has anyone had the No 3d renderer found no device detected on your desktop?

And if so what Windows version?

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
Can we get any update or timeframe on when this will be fixed/ patched?? A Ton of us have memberships that aren’t being able to be used. That’s a big big Deal. This has to be an issue of TOP priority since it’s affecting the gameplay!

Wolf pyre lvl 131

Survivor
Sep 23, 2013
Just got an update message. It failed and said to try again later.