Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Defeating Chester Droors

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 30, 2014
I am struggling extremely defeating this dude. Please help me..

Rylee SoulRider
Lvl 34
Necromancer

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
Oh yeah, Chester Droors... man I hated fighting against that guy. Alright, it’s been quite a while since I fought him, but here’s my advice:

1. Pack your deck with as many Dream Shield cards as it can fit and use them at any opportunity. If you trained Ice up to Tower Shield, pack that a lot too. Normally that’d be a bit overkill, but you need it for Droors.
2. Get rid of the minions ASAP. With blading up and putting a few traps on one of them, as a death, you should easily be able to take them out with a Vampire or Skeletal Pirate, and heal in the process. If you need to heal, just attack and heal back immediately.
3. When just Chester is left, follow the same thing. Keep stacking up with as many blades and traps as possible and try to land off the biggest hits you can on him.

It’s all a mix of shielding and healing at the right times whenever possible, and hitting when prepared to. If you still need help, friends can teleport to you in the middle of the fight. Hope this helps!

Thomas Wildstaff, 92

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
skyyfaall on Apr 5, 2018 wrote:
I am struggling extremely defeating this dude. Please help me..

Rylee SoulRider
Lvl 34
Necromancer
Chester has two helpers and as long as they are there, you will be taking a lot of damage. So, get rid of his helpers before you even try to take down Chester. He can heal himself all he wants and it doesn't matter because you're not trying to hit him.

Take each minion out using your strongest spell. Blade, trap, hit. Repeat if you need, but get that minion gone ASAP. Heal yourself if you need to. Then set up a second hit on the second minion. Heal again if needed.

Once his helpers are gone, put a trap on Chester ASAP. It will stop him from healing himself. If you put Spirit traps on him, the remaining traps that you don't use will shut his cheat down for good.

For taking Chester out, it's best to use put up a couple of blades and start throwing poisons at him. Those will keep his shields off and wear him down. Then you can finish him off with a Vampire or Pirate.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Okay, Chester Droors as I'm sure you're well aware cheats.

His cheat is simply this:

If he doesn't have a trap around him, he'll cast the overtime spell - Helping Hands.
He recast it once the effect runs off if there are still no traps around him.

Okay, so now that we understand his cheat, we can proceed.
Chester, also has two minions with him. As a , it may be difficult facing these two plus Chester at once, however, only the Barkskin Treant knows death shield.

Now, I'd suggest a couple options, either:

A - Buy TC Scarecrow from Bazaar and use it
B - Try taking down each enemy at once.
C - Using Henchmen (Level 20 ones will do just fine).
D - Having a friend port to you inside.

Now to explain Option A:
  • Buy the Treasure (a few for future use) and place them in your side deck (buy some feints too and possible deathblade treasures and even a couple pierce.
  • In your deck, ensure you've proper blades, shields, couple sacrifices, pixies and regular feints for the battle.
  • Go First - Restart if you don't
  • Begin blading up, discard to pull from your side deck.
  • Place a feint on each enemy, place two on Chester.
  • Use TC Pierce if an enemy shields.
  • Continue shielding etc. while building up pips for Scarecrow; depending on your power pip chance, it may be a little quicker.
  • Once you've enough pips and at least two enemies don't have a death shield, attack with Scarecrow
  • If you fizzle discard and attack again.
  • Dispatch the remaining mob with your regular death spells (Fully bladed Banshee should do the trick).

Bear the above technique in mind, it's pretty fundamental to upcoming battles.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
i had trouble too!!! i was like level 26 i don't remember! another wizard helped me ! ask other wizards to help you

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
i know, chester droors is really hard to beat . someone had to help me defeat him. but the worst spell he casts is the balance healing spell. it makes me soooo mad when he casts that. i also know how to use traps. my tip is to defeat him first .

Marissa titan blossomlevel 28

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
He cheats, so as long as you know how to handle the cheat, you can win. Other posters are correct, take care of the minions first, then deal with Chester. If you're death, then bladed poisons should do the trick. After killing the minions, make sure you keep putting traps on Chester so he doesn't cheat.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2018
What is a trap? I can't find it on the helps. Is it a spell card or a treasure card?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
SpellBound2018 on Oct 25, 2018 wrote:
What is a trap? I can't find it on the helps. Is it a spell card or a treasure card?
Traps can be treasure cards or trained spells. There are 170 different ones! We put them on enemies and they can put them on us. A trap increase the damage when the person it is on is hit (so we can use a trap for someone else to use when they hit).

Here is a link to traps in the game and here is a link to the storm school trap so you can see what their basic appearance is like. You'll have seen them in game but just been unfamiliar with the term 'trap' for their category

If you haven't got your school trap yet then you just haven't quite reached the right level to train it, so keep questing and you'll get it soon

I hope this helps!