Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chester Droors

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
Is there a way to defeat Chester while soloing?

I have read many message boards on the best way to defeat him and many people suggested that you have a friend teleport to you while in the school.

I only have two friends with my ice wizard and neither of them play frequently or, are they members.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Yes, you can solo Chester if you have good gear (like Zeus gear) or if you are fairly skilled at soloing in general. Some tips to help:

*Chester will keep healing himself until both of his minions are dead. So kill them both before you try to take out Chester.

*Have some heals for yourself handy (this will be a long battle if you're below level 30). Blade and trap a minion, then kill it. Just focus on one until it's dead. Heal if you need to. Repeat and take out the next minion. Heal again if you need it. Then...

*Blade and trap Chester, who will no longer be healing himself every turn. Use a Feint treasure card to boost your other traps, and you might just kill him with one shot. Otherwise, you might have to hit him a couple of times but even so, he can be taken down.

Special note if you're Life school: Be sure to pack your prisms! Also, consider taking a death wand that hits small death blasts for 0 pips. Life monsters love to throw up death shields.

If you're Death school, you may need some Poison cards in order to get around those shields. I think Death earns Poison around level 28 but don't recall exactly. You can also get them as Treasure cards in the library or the Bazaar.

Any other school: a couple of blades, a couple of traps, throw in a feint and use your best damage spell.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Freshta on Mar 24, 2017 wrote:
Yes, you can solo Chester if you have good gear (like Zeus gear) or if you are fairly skilled at soloing in general. Some tips to help:

*Chester will keep healing himself until both of his minions are dead. So kill them both before you try to take out Chester.

*Have some heals for yourself handy (this will be a long battle if you're below level 30). Blade and trap a minion, then kill it. Just focus on one until it's dead. Heal if you need to. Repeat and take out the next minion. Heal again if you need it. Then...

*Blade and trap Chester, who will no longer be healing himself every turn. Use a Feint treasure card to boost your other traps, and you might just kill him with one shot. Otherwise, you might have to hit him a couple of times but even so, he can be taken down.

Special note if you're Life school: Be sure to pack your prisms! Also, consider taking a death wand that hits small death blasts for 0 pips. Life monsters love to throw up death shields.

If you're Death school, you may need some Poison cards in order to get around those shields. I think Death earns Poison around level 28 but don't recall exactly. You can also get them as Treasure cards in the library or the Bazaar.

Any other school: a couple of blades, a couple of traps, throw in a feint and use your best damage spell.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven
Summon a minion to help! ( At the very least they'll distract Chester and his minions. ) There's TC minions in the bazaar. Buy shields, I recommend Tower Shields from Harold Argleston. By shielding every round and healing ( use sprite ) you can build up pips for a devastating attack.