Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changes to Reshuffle Spell

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
xxAaronxx121 on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Not last forever? When people run out of cards for PvP, they'll just sit there and pass constantly until the opponent flees. It would be easier to attack them and kill them instead of waiting for someone to flee when they do run out of cards.
dude when reshuffle was an unlimited use card it was possible for duels to last forever so don't comment on me if you don't know what i'm saying

Survivor
Nov 10, 2011
So from what I can tell, KI had 2 reasons for changing Reshuffle:
1. To make PvP matches shorter
2. Because Reshuffle was never meant to be infinite

Simply put, the new Reshuffle has only made PvP matches longer. Now, what's to stop a player with massive resist and heal boost from putting in max Reshuffles in both their main and side deck and making the rest of their deck shields and heals? Then they just wait for the other player to give up or get disconnected. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to all the people saying "get strategy and skillz stop whining adapt", this is not having skills. This is being too lazy to come up with an actual strategy. Fast Reshuffling wasan actual strategy, and a good one, too. It made it a possibility to win against Turtles. You could keep yourself alive while getting rid of some of their ridiculous resist and heal boost to make it possible to kill them. Being able to Reshuffle was what made that strategy work. It may be true that with the unlimited Reshuffle duels could last forever, but they never did because players had motivation to actually win. Now, being a Turtle is just more and more appealing to PvP players because it's becoming unstoppable. Even if there isn't a Turtle involved in the match, what happens at the end of a match where both players have ran out of cards to use? They aren't going to give up - they're going to pass until the other one gives up or gets disconnected. Again, that's not skill.

As for PvE, it's just messing with our decks that worked perfectly fine before. It's bad enough to lose from running out of cards in a match, but in normal questing? That's just ridiculous.

No one asked for this change, and a bunch of people definitely don't want it, whether you're a PvP or PvE player. We could at least bring it back to it's original form - where you had 2 in your deck and discarding one to bring it back when you Reshuffle. It seems like that would satisfy everyone's needs.

-Daniel SoulWalker, Promethean Sorcerer

Survivor
May 21, 2013
man i wish the reshuffle update was back to normal even though i have problems with it in pve but in pvp it is awful it's irritating how people are using the full set of reshuffle cards and when they run out they start passing it is irritating and one time i faced this level 22 myth guy when my balance was lvl 30 he ran out of cards and started passing then he started using ninja pig treasure cards! i hate it when people use tc attacks when they run out of cards it's irritating this isa the kind of stuff that makes me hate lower level pvp and high level pvp is bad enough you have a 76% chance of facing a treasure card user from lvl 1 to level 50 which is really irritating since people in high level pvp keep stunning dispelling and spamming the same attack on you! and it's horrible because i need to survive in pvp i can't live with this horrible update this game is too great and this idea just ruined 25% of the reasonable point of even doing lower level pvp (Blaze ravenmender level 59 Blaze Moonmender promethean)

Survivor
Nov 23, 2011
fake0423 on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
I believe this is a big mistake, even if there are ways to update a strategy, this reshuffle update just makes matters worse...
It should be no problem in pvp or in pve, unless you're a turtle or just use jade to quest.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I'm not sure why this thread got moved to the PvP section, as it affected (and inconvenienced) all of us not just PvP players. I don't see that it has shortened matches either, so I really hope it will be changed back. It was a bad change.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
this change is fine for pvp or pve plan our decks and you will not have any issues. i rarely use the card even in lengthy solo fights like solo hades map etc. its like having a toilet plunger next to the toilet. You would rarely need to use it if you plan on the amount of paper your going to flush :-)

Squire
May 10, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
Reshuffle has changed. Each reshuffle card you have in your deck or sideboard can only be used once per duel and will not reshuffle itself back into your deck when cast. You can still continue to place multiple copies of Reshuffle into your deck as your deck allows, as well as multiple copies of Treasure Cards. Each Reshuffle can be used once per duel, but you will need to stock your deck with more than one, as once it's used a Reshuffle card does not return for that duel.

This applies to regular Reshuffle that you have trained, and Reshuffle cards that come on items and pets.
Just asking this does apply to the pet ability "Mooligan's Shuffle" which adds an Reshuffle right, cause my friend has a pet with that card and it says 'x2'

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Dakota Death on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
I'm not sure why this thread got moved to the PvP section, as it affected (and inconvenienced) all of us not just PvP players. I don't see that it has shortened matches either, so I really hope it will be changed back. It was a bad change.
They tried to solve a gear issue with a card. Clearly it didn't work. Restricting this card has removed mass amounts of strategy from the arena. PvP is now useless from levels 60-76 because of a lack of gear. Please reconsider this, or buff the level 70 dropped gear.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
So if I discard 1 reshuffle and then used another one does the one I discarded come back

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
masterryan1969 on Sep 21, 2013 wrote:
this change is fine for pvp or pve plan our decks and you will not have any issues. i rarely use the card even in lengthy solo fights like solo hades map etc. its like having a toilet plunger next to the toilet. You would rarely need to use it if you plan on the amount of paper your going to flush :-)
What a strange comparison. But the change does the opposite actually. It forces us to have larger, more cluttered decks. The point isn't that we can't deal with the change. It's that it forces those of us who run small decks to change our playing style. That would be fine if there was ANY benefit, but there isn't. The reshuffle change had absolutely no positive effects. All it did was inconvenience players. Bad move.