Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why Did You Choose Your School?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Hello. I decided I wanted to ask, why did you choose the school you are in now? Or the one that you play the most on, because we all have a favourite. Thank you for filling in your response, I shall be sure to read!
~Shannon Skybreaker

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
I chose balance because I like their spells.

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
I didn't. I was originally ice. My friend chose it for me, and after legendary I loved it and saw the advantages.
Death ftw

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Well I only have one wizard, and the only one I ever made. I decided to try out W101, and so I took the test. It gave me balance. I wasn't sure what I thought about it, so I looked at the other schools and their wizards personalities, none of which sounded like me. So I looked at the normal balance wizard personality, and it was like it was describing me! I am exactly like the description 100%!!!! So I went with balance

Angela D

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
My first time taking the test I got balance and it Was and is the school for me, than I thought death had cool looking spells and like balance, I had heard death requires some more strategy than other school like balance so I needed to try it!

Wolf Redhorn lvl 62 (my favorite!!!)
Carlos soulbrand

Survivor
Sep 20, 2008
Well, back when I joined in 2008 I just took the test and became a fire wizard. Ever since then my fire has been my best and favorite wizard to play on!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i chose balance because the quiz thinger told me to;
then, i chose the other schools because i hated balance
and left out ice simply because i didn't have room for a 7th wizard.

-v.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I decided to be a Balance because of the quiz. I did not know about the skip quiz button, and at first I got death. The description did not fit me, and I took the quiz again. Turned out, I got balance. Out of the seven schools, Balance fit me the most.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
I choose Balance because that's what the test chose. All the other schools don't sound like me, but Balance does

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 89 Balance~ over and out

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I took the quiz and it gave me a life. This is a good fit.

Even on my other wizards I train life to sprite with the first four points I get. I do not like being caught out alone, or on a team, without being able to heal others as well as myself. I usually go to satyr just because it's that important to me to be able to keep myself and others in the game.

I'm also very risk-averse so having redundant healing and excellent starting life and accuracy gives me the peace of mind I need.

I suppose ice would be a good second choice but I've made an ice and gotten to about level 15 before deleting him, it was just boring.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I was originally trying it out with my son, I took the quiz and got first. I enjoy fire. After that, while helping a friend, I started a wizard, because I liked the hit and heal aspect of the school

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
I think I got Fire because I did the test and it came up with that. I really really liked it so I progressed with it much further than my other low-level wizards. And now I'm level 69 :P
Sierra Ashblood, Legendary

Survivor
May 16, 2013
Dr Von on May 31, 2013 wrote:
i chose balance because the quiz thinger told me to;
then, i chose the other schools because i hated balance
and left out ice simply because i didn't have room for a 7th wizard.

-v.
poor ice Wizard. My first Wizard was Ice, the quiz gave me it. And actually, when I go into other games I tend to choose the tank classes as well LOL.

Explorer
Jan 03, 2013
The reason I choose Fire as my favorite school was that when I first saw the commercials 1. I was a Pokémon fanatic (not anymore w101 fanatic) and interpreted the schools fire ice and electric as the only schools and I love fire (I'm red headed.) 2. Answered all the fav. questions to fire ways volcano, ruby so I was pretty surprised that there were 7 classes not 3 classes (electric equals storm) and I worked harder on my fire wizard than all the rest he is 29 in real realm 33 in test. While my second highest wizard is balance and he is about 12.

Tarlac Owldreamer Level 29 Fire Wizard.

Blaze Taleweaver Level 12 Balance Wizard.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
I chose life because I like being able to heal myself and others, and I like feeling safe in battles. I've always enjoyed being a healer or supporter.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
wolf legend on May 31, 2013 wrote:
poor ice Wizard. My first Wizard was Ice, the quiz gave me it. And actually, when I go into other games I tend to choose the tank classes as well LOL.
no worries~ i run 2 accounts at once, so i do have an ice wizard on my second account; she's level 31 currently, and quests with my same-level myth (who is on my main).

back when, i thought ice was weak because people told me it was.
and then, i met quequeg's super-ice-tank wizard, Brynn...

mind=blown.

-von/patrick/tara and family :)

promethean and
archmage
grandmaster
magus and
adept

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Dr Von on Jun 2, 2013 wrote:
no worries~ i run 2 accounts at once, so i do have an ice wizard on my second account; she's level 31 currently, and quests with my same-level myth (who is on my main).

back when, i thought ice was weak because people told me it was.
and then, i met quequeg's super-ice-tank wizard, Brynn...

mind=blown.

-von/patrick/tara and family :)

promethean and
archmage
grandmaster
magus and
adept
Hello, Dr. Von, I'd like to ask you what the name of your Promethean Necromancer is?
~Shannon Skybreaker

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Shannon Skybreaker on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
Hello, Dr. Von, I'd like to ask you what the name of your Promethean Necromancer is?
~Shannon Skybreaker
Hello there~ my promethean necromancer's name is Valerian Deathwhisper (but he goes by Val or Vampy to close friends).

Dr von Awesomestein, esquire.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2008
Started out as and ran to level 17. Gave up after hearing about minions for and went there. Got to level 31 and decided for a change and went . Now I am sitting upon a level 74 and loving every bit of it. just has great spells and just fits my style.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Dr Von on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
Hello there~ my promethean necromancer's name is Valerian Deathwhisper (but he goes by Val or Vampy to close friends).

Dr von Awesomestein, esquire.
Ah, all right. Thank you for informing me. For a moment, I had wondered if I had run into you the day prior. However, I did not.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Shannon Skybreaker on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
Ah, all right. Thank you for informing me. For a moment, I had wondered if I had run into you the day prior. However, I did not.
~Shannon Skybreaker
Darn. Well, if you're ever in the Spiral and run across a blonde, green-eyed promethean necro all dressed in white, with wings and a feathered cap, that would be me.

PS: I've met up with people from the boards over on Central~ if you have an account there, my name is El Veeb... so look me up, if you want to meet any of von's wizards in-game. :)

-von/val/vampy
& the rest.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
When I first tried Wizard 101 I took the test and got my opposite school, life. I thought it was cool, but I like solo in more then going in a group, so I checked all the other schools, and eventually got to Death. Death pretty much explained my own personality, so I chose death. And now to today death has been my favorite school in wizard101, and that's where I am now, a level 71 death wizard.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Dr Von on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
Darn. Well, if you're ever in the Spiral and run across a blonde, green-eyed promethean necro all dressed in white, with wings and a feathered cap, that would be me.

PS: I've met up with people from the boards over on Central~ if you have an account there, my name is El Veeb... so look me up, if you want to meet any of von's wizards in-game. :)

-von/val/vampy
& the rest.
All right. Thank you. My character has long purple hair with blue eyes. She rides either a Nightrunner or Golden Kirin. She has the Life school symbols on her clothes, and the rest is black. I shall see you in the Spiral I suppose.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
Well I made my my wizard a long time ago and back then you couldn't didn't get a choice.But I love Balance