Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is life school underpowered?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
I have a level 53 theurgist named Finnigan Greencloud. I find it very difficult to attack my enemies because we have the least amount of moves that do damage (I think). I realize each school is supposed to be balanced, for example life has weak attack but we have good health and 90% accuracy, but only having healing spells isn't the best advantage. Sure being able to heal myself and others come in handy but I can never solo.
At level 33, life wizards learn centaur which is still a spell I use that does pretty good damage for a life attack card, but then at level 38 or 36 (I don't remember) I was taught dryad, another healing spell. Then at 42, we learn a life bubble which boosts our healing, not damage. then again at 48 I found myself excited because all the schools learn AOE spells and life had only learned healing spells for all allies so I figured it would be nice to finally do some damage but no we learn rebirth... another healing spell.
The only spell I can look forward to is forest lord, an AOE attack from the school of life. That means that centaur, a level 33 spell, will be my strongest spell for 23 levels. I think this is unfair because I find myself always needing help from another wizard, considering I can never take out my opponents. I think maybe the spell set for life should change, instead of learning rebirth at 48, maybe we could switch that with forest lord? I don't know that's just my opinion on life school.
Finnigan Greencloud
Level 53, currently questing in Celestia.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
theurgistswag on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
I have a level 53 theurgist named Finnigan Greencloud. I find it very difficult to attack my enemies because we have the least amount of moves that do damage (I think). I realize each school is supposed to be balanced, for example life has weak attack but we have good health and 90% accuracy, but only having healing spells isn't the best advantage. Sure being able to heal myself and others come in handy but I can never solo.
At level 33, life wizards learn centaur which is still a spell I use that does pretty good damage for a life attack card, but then at level 38 or 36 (I don't remember) I was taught dryad, another healing spell. Then at 42, we learn a life bubble which boosts our healing, not damage. then again at 48 I found myself excited because all the schools learn AOE spells and life had only learned healing spells for all allies so I figured it would be nice to finally do some damage but no we learn rebirth... another healing spell.
The only spell I can look forward to is forest lord, an AOE attack from the school of life. That means that centaur, a level 33 spell, will be my strongest spell for 23 levels. I think this is unfair because I find myself always needing help from another wizard, considering I can never take out my opponents. I think maybe the spell set for life should change, instead of learning rebirth at 48, maybe we could switch that with forest lord? I don't know that's just my opinion on life school.
Finnigan Greencloud
Level 53, currently questing in Celestia.
I pretty much soloed a Life wizard though the end of Zafaria, only needing help or company to make it go faster with a few instances.

A few tips: is your gear the best for your level, I focused on pips first because I needed them to get by, some level 52 gear is available at Wintertusk if you started there, did you train Death to Feint and have you started the Sun school spells? I carried a Death wand to break the many Death shields in Celestia if I didn't get my convert out first which I only worried about for Boss battles. I did have a few issues getting though the last area of Celestia, the 2 boss fight and an Ice shark that had 2 minions where a slow down.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Strong

You don't have to take the Accuracy spells to progress in the line but you must move up to each one as you level they continue on Floating Land then the last is in Zafaria during a Drum Jungle side quest.

Till level 58 I called my Life wizard a One Hit Wonder. Wintertusk gear wasn't out back then or all the gear choices there are now and I ended up with my level 58 gear though most of Zafaria and after several unhappy runs though Waterworks got my gear but still kept the crafted helmet from Wintertusk on for the extra blade at the end Zafaria. I still have this gear on at level 90ish.

Mary

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Keep going, Forest Lord is fantastic and you are almost there. The secret to success as life (or myth) is buffing. If your base spell doesn't have a lot of damage, use blades, traps, aura, and enchantments to make it bigger. Focus on gear that boosts damage. Train all the sun school damage spells (gargantuan, colossal, etc) as soon as you can, also spirit blade & trap, amplify and maybe death to feint. Extra blades or traps from pets or amulets can help a lot too.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Hi,

I don't think at all that Life is underpowered, on the contrary, it is overpowered at times, once you have the correct gear. My life is level 63 and it has:

77% damage boost
21% resistance
90% power pip
90 critical
52 block
13% incoming

(Note: no awesome pet used, although it'd probably increase resistance and damage, by using the correct pet)

As you can see, this is when I use my damage gear, which means no effective healing at all. Once that you reach 60, you have Waterworks gear that is perfect for you till later on in Avalon or Azteca (when crafted gear is better, given that it provides block and more critical), even though some still stick to their old WW gear, because of the resistance stats.

I have a Promethean Balance and I say that it is much more effective, and easy, to kill multi targets by using Life than Balance itself, because you have far more options to blade up (Sharpen, spirit blades, etc).

You just have to endure till level 58, when you get Forest Lord, after that enjoy your nice killing machine!

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
Thanks! And yes I trained death up to feint and I chose the sun celestial school to help boost my damage

Explorer
Mar 10, 2010
I somewhat agree with you in some ways. I was pretty annoyed when I got rebirth and no new attacks at level 48. But to be honest, if you play your cards right, (see what i did there) you can deal some massive damage. Maybe solo pvp isn't your strong suit.

I have a theurgist level 68 and I have the forest lord. When you have spirit blade and life blade on, along with the perks from your gear and critical on too of that, you there have a nice little path if destruction for all you little enemies. And you have healing too ^-^ just give it time. Auras and enchants, yes they can be pretty helpful.

You are in a pretty tough spot though. What I would do? Find a buddy. That can help a bit. Good luck!

~Amber Rainbowstone

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Life School is not underpowered. You will get new and exciting spells as you level up. You can ask your friends to help, and if they're all offline, try teaming up....? That's only my suggestion.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Once you get forest lord every battle is a walk in the park. is NOT underpowered. In fact one of Life's greatest strengths is that to other wizards from different schools that underestimate us we are just weakling healers that don't have good attacks, but they are wrong. Centaur, Forest lord, gnomes, spinysaur, etc. are all very powerful spells that we as Wizards utilize to dismantle our opponents while we keep ourselves sustained with heals. Instead of healers I like to think of the power of As the Fury of Nature at our finger tips. If anything Is over powered lol.

Mason Greenbane Exalted

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
DarkWIZard98x on Aug 3, 2014 wrote:
Once you get forest lord every battle is a walk in the park. is NOT underpowered. In fact one of Life's greatest strengths is that to other wizards from different schools that underestimate us we are just weakling healers that don't have good attacks, but they are wrong. Centaur, Forest lord, gnomes, spinysaur, etc. are all very powerful spells that we as Wizards utilize to dismantle our opponents while we keep ourselves sustained with heals. Instead of healers I like to think of the power of As the Fury of Nature at our finger tips. If anything Is over powered lol.

Mason Greenbane Exalted
It isn't so much that life is weak on attack as that life is WAY better at healing than other schools. When playing in a group Life is more valuable keeping everybody healed than attacking. If you join a group as a life wizard, and take the attitude "heal yourselves, losers, I want to attack", expect to be deleted from peoples' friends lists.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
Any school can be underpowered or overpowered depending on how you play it. Just know your strengths.

On a side note:
Life is underpowered
Life is not underpowered
Life is underpowered
Life is overpowered

Haley MoonHeart, Promethan Thaumagture

Explorer
Oct 07, 2010
Spoiler some people didn't note

Life is ice but with more accuarcy and less attack spells

Survivor
May 27, 2013
I do believe that life does need more and stronger attack spells. I heard some good points about life not being under-powered and it being regular and the fact that all schools need to be balanced.

strongest attack, horrible accuracy, not supposed to even heal but it has a healing current spell
strong, accuracy not that good, has a healing spell
all about staying alive they have the most health, good damage
great in every category
all about great accuracy and great healing but compared to other schools has the weakest damage
good on damage, good accuracy, no healing
great on everything but you do need to add blades etc, for greater damage and better healing
my point is that all schools have there stats and life stats is what it is but i would want to see more attacking spells.